Dog-friendly Hotels Hampshire
Choose from some of the finest dog-friendly hotels, spas and luxury country houses in Hampshire, scattered throughout popular areas such as Southampton, Droxford, Brockenhurst, Winchester and the stunning New Forest.
- Brockenhurst, England
Originally a hunting lodge in the 1800s, dog-friendly Balmer Lawn Hotel in Hampshire is now a gorgeous family-run country house hotel set in the heart of the fabulous New Forest National Park – a doggie dream!£165Price per night from
- Fareham, England
Solent Hotel & Spa offers dog-friendly luxurious accommodation and a perfect base to explore England’s stunning South Coast. Their Signature rooms are a welcoming retreat after a day out exploring the nearby beaches and countryside with your best furry friend in tow.£149Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Lymington, EnglandThis superb, detached, 16th-century spacious and characterful property enjoys a truly beautiful location. Peacefully located along a quiet lane and nestled within gently sloping, lawned gardens, with rose lined pathways, a meandering shallow stream and views at the rear over the countryside. Within the beautiful gardens sits a tiled outdoor heated swimming pool available in the summer months, with elegant roman end and steps down to the pool, and which also benefits from an electronic safety cover.
Steeped in history, this delightful home offers many original architectural features in keeping with the character of a period house, such as beams (some low), original inglenook fireplaces and tiled floors. Salters Cottage is ideal for families, friends and celebrations whether in summer around the pool or in winter with roaring fires. There is also a spacious green oak studio with high ceilings and French doors, which provides a fabulous reception room opening straight out onto the patio decking for games, family gatherings or just enjoying the view across the gardens onto the forest and site of special scientific interest. As well as the main living room and the studio, on the ground floor there is a snug with an inglenook fireplace with wood burner, and additional TV, and a spacious toilet. There is fibre Wi-Fi throughout the house. At the heart of this wonderful property is a hand-built kitchen, including a large induction cooker and oak topped kitchen island around which you can enjoy a glass of wine with friends and family. Opening out from the kitchen is a dining area that overlooks the extensive gardens.
The large, raised decked area is an ideal spot from which to savour the views whilst having an aperitif or dining al fresco on a warm summer’s evening. There is a range of garden seating and sun loungers in the garden. The lovely view over the gardens can be enjoyed from the tastefully styled bedrooms, with the large master bedroom being a particular feature, with its own dressing room and en-suite bathroom. In the small bedroom at the top of the stairs, a section of the original wall construction is exposed. The 4 bathrooms are well fitted, one of them has a roll-top bath with super Moroccan themed tiles. High quality linen and beds are throughout.
The ever popular New Forest is part of the National Park and is a haven for wildlife, with many roaming ponies across the heathland, extensive walks, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round. The popular sailing town of Lymington is only a 10-minute drive, with its pretty harbour, open-air lido, cobbled pedestrianised streets, boutiques, eateries, pubs and day trips to the Isle of Wight on the ferry. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig at Paultons Park, New Forest Owl and Otter Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! Perhaps best of all are the surrounding walks into the forest without getting in the car. Salters Cottage is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Mudeford, Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. Shop ½ mile and pub ¼ mile.£241From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Brockenhurst, EnglandThis detached, boutique-style, single-storey holiday property offers well-presented accommodation and makes an ideal retreat for couples or families looking to enjoy the delights of The New Forest right on their doorstep. There are two double bedrooms and a third bedroom with two single beds. Lawn Lodge has its own private parking and enclosed, lawned garden, and is adjacent to the owner’s renowned hotel, where guests can enjoy complimentary use of the extensive leisure facilities, including a heated indoor and outdoor swimming pool (outdoor pool - summer only), air conditioned gym and terraces/grounds. There is also a spa treatment centre (prices on enquiry), bar, two restaurants, and breakfast is offered at a discounted rate.
The ever-popular New Forest is a haven for wildlife with many ponies roaming across the heathland, extensive walks, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round, including Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, New Forest Wildlife Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! It is only a 10-minute drive to historic Lymington, with waterside dining, boutiques and ferries to the Isle of Wight. Lawn Lodge is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. Beach 5 miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£132From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hayling Island, EnglandOffering superb sea views, this spacious home is situated in an enviable position along the sea front and boasts a large heated outdoor swimming pool. This holiday cottage, attached to a self-contained annexe which is occupied by the owner, is ideal for couples or family get togethers. Summer evenings can be savoured relaxing on the large patio - perfect for relaxing and enjoying an aperitif! Hayling Island is renowned for its sailing activities and windsurfing with lessons available close by. Every year there is a national windsurfing event and a plethora of sailing and nautical activity can be seen along the coastline. Many activities can be enjoyed locally, including golf, riding and boat trips, and scenic walks along the South Downs National Park. Chichester, with its beautiful cathedral, festival theatre, leisure centre, Roman Villa and Fontwell races, is definitely worthy of a visit. Visit Portsmouth with waterside dining, ferry trips to the Isle of Wight, designer outlets, Natural Museum, leisure facilities, Spinnaker Tower, HMS Victory or the maritime history at Southampton. Winchester and The New Forest are within easy driving distance. Shop 250 yards, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£178From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hordle, EnglandThis superb, detached, seven-bedroom, English thatched country cottage is a delightful holiday home which offers many original architectural features in keeping with the character of a period house, such as beams, leaded windows, original inglenook fireplace and thatched roof. Offering spacious, tastefully styled accommodation, this wonderful thatched country home makes an ideal base for families or couples wishing to stay in the New Forest National Park and close to the sea.
With no close neighbours and surrounded by fields on all sides, the property has 4 acres of gardens, with the outdoor heated swimming pool (heated June, July and August) being the focal point of the rear garden, easily reached through two sets of large French doors from the spacious kitchen. There is also a large area for playing ball games, two other large lawns, a double barbecue and outdoor furniture. The owners have a separate annexe adjacent to the property.
The property is located just 3 miles from Lymington and within the New Forest National Park itself, which is a haven for wildlife, with many roaming ponies across the heathland, extensive walking, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round. The popular sailing town of Lymington is only a 5-minute drive, with its pretty harbour, cobbled pedestrianised streets, boutiques, eateries, pubs and day trips to Isle of Wight by ferry. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig at Paultons Park, New Forest Owl and Otter Park and Southampton, to name but a few. The property is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Mudeford, Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth, the nearest beach being less than two miles away. There is a local convenience shop a 2-minute drive away (800 yards) and a local pub and restaurant within walking distance (600 yards).
The owners have an annex in the grounds where they often stay, one end of which is just a few yards away from Silverland’s back door, but they have their own entrance, drive, car park and garden, all separate to Silverland. All the windows and doors of the annex are double glazed, kept closed and have blackout blinds and curtains drawn to ensure your privacy. Unless you need the owner’s assistance for anything, you will not see them from arrival to departure, but they are happy to help if necessary - the choice is yours.£518From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Brockenhurst, EnglandThis welcoming, detached family home enjoys a lovely location, standing within 2 acres of extensive lawned gardens and overlooking the surrounding fields and countryside. Arnewood Corner is an ideal base for gathering family and friends, with many thoughtful touches and home comforts found throughout. Enjoy the games room annexe, complete with a pin-ball machine, juke box, and a selection of games and toys, as well as the private hot tub, children’s play area and the outdoor heated swimming pool. There are six bedrooms found inside the main house, two of which are on the ground floor.
This lovely property is located just a mile away from the pretty village of Sway, which has a village shop, family butchers, post office and a selection of pubs and restaurants. The ever popular New Forest National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which is a haven for wildlife, is nearby with many roaming ponies and cattle along the roadsides and across the heathland, as well as extensive walking, cycling and horse riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round; picturesque villages serving cream teas, vineyards, golf courses, stately homes and many family attractions. Brockenhurst is nearby, as is the popular sailing town of Lymington, which is only a 5-minute drive, with its pretty harbour, fishing trips, cobbled streets, boutiques, pubs, restaurants and day trips by ferry to the Isle of Wight.
Other places of interest nearby include Beaulieu Motor Museum, the riverside village of Bucklers Hard, Exbury Gardens, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig World and New Forest Owl and Otter Park, to name but a few. Further afield, but well worth the trip, are Monkey World and the Tank Museum at Bovington. The property is also within easy reach of many beaches including Mudeford, Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth, the nearest beach being 4 miles away at Milford-on-Sea – also great for crabbing! Along the coastline, there are a many popular activities such as windsurfing, boating and swimming. Beach 4 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£368From price per night based on 7 night stay