Dog-friendly Hotels Hampshire
Choose from some of the finest dog-friendly hotels, spas and luxury country houses in Hampshire, scattered throughout popular areas such as Southampton, Droxford, Brockenhurst, Winchester and the stunning New Forest.
- Burley, EnglandThis charming, detached, single-storey barn conversion is conveniently located on the edge of the ever-popular New Forest National Park. It is just a short drive from the priory town of Christchurch and beaches such as Mudeford and Avon Beach, making Bakers Barn the ideal getaway for couples or families who want to explore the area. Inside are features such as a high vaulted ceiling in the large open plan kitchen/dining area, wooden floors and a lovely feature wood burner within an inglenook surround.
There is much to do for all ages in the area - visit Beaulieu, Exbury Gardens and Lymington, or Burley and Christchurch, which are just 3 miles away. Within easy reach are Bournemouth and Poole with beaches and seaside attractions, as well as Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World. Further afield are Stonehenge, Winchester, Salisbury Cathedral, New Forest Wildlife Park, Monkey World, The Tank Museum, Beaulieu Museum and Highcliffe Castle. Maritime Southampton with its nautical connections, also has ferry trips to the Isle of Wight. Shop ⅓ mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£77Price per night from
- Burley, EnglandThis delightful, period home stands semi-detached, and offers light and airy, carefully co-ordinated holiday accommodation, with good use of tasteful themed coloured walls and contemporary additions. It is ideally located right in the heart of The New Forest, only 200 yards from the centre of Burley, which attracts many visitors’ year round with its tea rooms, pubs, manor house, cycle hire, quaint gift shops and ice cream parlour. There is also a spa in the village where you can spend a day relaxing. Roaming ponies and cattle can often be found outside the cottage or wandering through Burley – it certainly makes a change from a traditional traffic jam!
The unspoilt forest and heathland with wandering ponies and cattle are what makes the New Forest famous. Miles of beautiful walks are available, as is golf, or alternatively the surrounding area can be explored by car or on bicycle via the many cycle paths, where you can discover some of the appealing villages, towns, attractions, and gardens such as Lyndhurst, the sailing town of Lymington (with ferry terminal to the Isle of Wight), Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the riverside village of Bucklers Hard. The county of Hampshire itself was enjoyed by Jane Austen with her house and museum in Chawton and her resting place in Winchester Cathedral. Further afield but well worth a trip is Christchurch, Monkey World and the Tank Museum near Wool. Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig World, ‘Go Ape’ adventure park, The Owl and Otter Park and nautical maritime history at Southampton, with retail shopping outlets, are also within easy reach. The coastline with its beaches at Bournemouth, Sandbanks and Poole is within a short drive, with golden beaches and has many popular activities such as windsurfing, boating and swimming. Shop 200 yards, pub and restaurant 250 yards.£149Price per night from
- Burley, EnglandIn a lovely New Forest setting, this super semi-detached, character cottage dates back to 1907. It stands along a quiet scenic unpaved lane only two minutes’ walk from the delightful village of Burley, which attracts many visitors throughout the year. Craigwen Cottage has a large front paved area with feature footbridge and seating, and a pretty secret garden at the back with an elevated summerhouse, and a further sitting out area for al fresco dining or to enjoy an aperitif in the late afternoon/evening sunshine. Inside, this attractive and homely property has a light and airy open plan kitchen with dining area, and the living room has a wood burner, ideal to cosy up in front of during the colder months.
Burley is a popular village with an ’olde worlde’ feel and there are tea rooms, inns, quaint gift shops and an ice cream parlour. Roaming ponies and cattle can often be found wandering through the village and all around the area. Miles of beautiful walks are available in the forest, along with many cycle paths. For a day out take the ferry from the sailing town of Lymington to the Isle of Wight, or spend a leisurely day at the Beaulieu Motor Museum. Enjoy relaxing days on the beach, 4 miles (beach towels are provided). Shop 250 yards, pub and restaurant 300 yards.£96Price per night from
- Burley, EnglandSituated in a wonderful location where you can literally step out from the door and explore the wonderful landscapes of the New Forest, this detached holiday cottage makes the perfect spot for outdoor enthusiasts. Scenic walks, bridleways and cycling routes are in abundance, or enjoy watching the roaming ponies. This lovely family home stands peacefully overlooking fields to the rear, along a lane, about a mile from the centre of Burley and approximately 5 miles from the popular town of Ringwood. Inside, the light and airy open plan kitchen/dining room has an seating area, lovely oak floor, Rayburn and French doors that lead out to the garden. There is a separate cosy living room with an open fire, a single bedroom and a separate toilet on the ground floor too. On the first floor, three further bedrooms, all with sloping ceilings, have been decorated with neutral tones. The expansive gardens have an outside dining table and chairs, and there is parking for 3 cars.
The ever-popular village of Burley has a variety of gift shops, the Cider Store, ice cream parlours, tea rooms, pubs and eateries, as well as a bus stop for those looking to venture out without the car. Explore the New Forest National Park, where you can see the roaming ponies, donkeys and cattle, and enjoy off-road walking, riding and cycling. The popular sailing town of Lymington is about a 20-minute drive with ferry trips to the Isle of Wight, or meander along the cobbled streets with boutiques and eateries along the marina. Bournemouth and Poole, both with award-winning beaches, are within easy reach, as is the city of Salisbury with its medieval cathedral. There are many places of interest for the family including Marwell Zoo, New Forest Otter and Owl Wildlife Park, Beaulieu Motor Museum and Exbury Gardens to name but a few. Further afield but worth the trip, are Stonehenge, Monkey World, the Tank Museum near Wool, and Southampton with its maritime history and West Quay shopping centre. Alternatively spend a day exploring the unspoilt countryside of Dorset and famous World Heritage Jurassic Coast at West Bay, Bridport and onto Weymouth with its superb scenery and coastal walking. Lyme Regis with its harbour, renowned Cobb, beach, shops and activities such as fossil hunting, boating, swimming and fishing, makes for a great day out. Beach 10 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£145Price per night from
- Burley, EnglandThe Byre is a charming holiday home that offers fabulous accommodation, with large social spaces that makes this the perfect choice for friends or families to relax and enjoy quality time together in a wonderful setting at the edge of New Forest National Park and within 5 miles of Dorset’s stunning coastline.
The Byre offers four spacious bedrooms; the ground floor master with impressive en-suite, and a further shower room. The vaulted living room with a Smart TV and wood burner is the perfect place to relax after a day’s exploring with the separate dining room being the ideal space for guests to enjoy an evening meal together. The well-equipped kitchen with range cooker is perfect for rustling up everything from a quick breakfast to a more formal evening meal. Outside the property boast an enclosed garden with barbecue and garden furniture to enjoy a spot of Al fresco cooking and dining during warmer months, or simply somewhere to enjoy a drink in the sun. The Byre is set in a pretty village setting with great village inn just a short stroll away, perfect for those days you don’t want to cook! New Forest National Park is just a short drive away and is well worth a visit with free roaming ponies, donkeys, cattle and during Pannage, wild roaming pigs too!
A visit to Dorset would not be complete without a trip to the coast, and some of the stunning sandy beaches, bays and coastal towns that offer great walking bathing and of course plenty of places to grab lunch and drink or local ice cream. Whatever your reason for choosing The Byre, we are certain this charming home will have you longing to return. Beach 4½ miles.£161Price per night from
- Burley, EnglandIf you are searching for a relaxed holiday with plenty of peace and quiet, long country rambles or a coastal stroll then Farriers is for you. Set along a quiet country lane within The New Forest National Park this charming annex is the perfect getaway for couples looking for short break to relax or as a base for a longer stay to explore this stunning part of the country. Farriers offers a lovely double bedroom, sitting room, separate kitchen and bathroom along with parking and a small courtyard.
Just 100 yards from the open Forest leading to numerous walking, cycling routes. Walking or cycling distance to Burley is 2 miles and Bransgore is 1½ miles. Also close by are Barton-on-Sea, Highcliffe and the vibrant town of Christchurch. Great pubs, cafés, eating houses and convenience stores are all within easy reach. Discover some local attractions and gardens such as Beaulieu National Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the riverside village of Bucklers Hard. Moors Valley Country Park and Avon Heath are within easy driving distance. Further afield, but well worth a trip are Salisbury with its historic cathedral, or head to Christchurch; a charming riverside town with plenty of places to stop for a bite to eat or drink or simply relax by the river. The beaches at Bournemouth, Sandbanks and Southbourne are within a short drive, and offer a wide range of activities including windsurfing, boating and paddle boarding. The Unesco World Heritage Jurassic Coastline is a must for a day out.£71Price per night from
- West Meon, England
Set in beautiful grounds, the Thomas Lord combines a superb dog-friendly pub, with stunning, luxury wood cabins. Perfectly positioned in the quaint Hampshire village of West Meon£84Price per night from
- Lymington, England
The Old Mill is a stunning dog-friendly Inn on the banks of the Avon near Lymington.£104Price per night from
- Lymington, England
A stylish coastal pub and an AA Four-Star Gold Inn in Lymington, dog-friendly The Mayflower in Hampshire is the perfect base for those craving a seaside break with their furry friend in tow.£90Price per night from
- Alton, England
A favourite among the locals, dog-friendly The Anchor Inn in Hampshire is a traditional country inn with stylish rooms tucked away in the heart of this county’s gorgeous countryside.£80Price per night from