Dog-friendly Hotels Hampshire
Choose from some of the finest dog-friendly hotels, spas and luxury country houses in Hampshire, scattered throughout popular areas such as Southampton, Droxford, Brockenhurst, Winchester and the stunning New Forest.
- Southampton, England
Originally built in 1906, New Place Hotel is a superb dog-friendly destination located in the heart of the Hampshire countryside.£129Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Brockenhurst, England
Step into a fairytale at Thatched Cottage Hotel in Hampshire. With its charming thatched roofs and timeless allure, prepare for enchantment and blissful hospitality.£129Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Ringwood, England
The dog-friendly High Corner is a charming 17th-century country pub and inn, located in the heart of the New Forest with the wonderful surrounding countryside - perfect for a dog-friendly getaway.£110Price per night from
- Stockbridge, England
The Grosvenor Hotel is a charming dog-friendly hotel, recently restored over the past eighteen months,in the heart of Stockbridge, the smallest town in England and home to the River Test.£249Price per night from
- Alresford, England
Located in the heart of the smallest hamlet in England, Grade I listed flint and brick country pub The Woolpack Inn is a charming dog-friendly destination nestled in Totford in the picturesque Candover Valley, Hampshire.£90Price per night from
- Burley, EnglandThis charming, detached, single-storey barn conversion is conveniently located on the edge of the ever-popular New Forest National Park. It is just a short drive from the priory town of Christchurch and beaches such as Mudeford and Avon Beach, making Bakers Barn the ideal getaway for couples or families who want to explore the area. Inside are features such as a high vaulted ceiling in the large open plan kitchen/dining area, wooden floors and a lovely feature wood burner within an inglenook surround.
There is much to do for all ages in the area - visit Beaulieu, Exbury Gardens and Lymington, or Burley and Christchurch, which are just 3 miles away. Within easy reach are Bournemouth and Poole with beaches and seaside attractions, as well as Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World. Further afield are Stonehenge, Winchester, Salisbury Cathedral, New Forest Wildlife Park, Monkey World, The Tank Museum, Beaulieu Museum and Highcliffe Castle. Maritime Southampton with its nautical connections, also has ferry trips to the Isle of Wight. Shop ⅓ mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£77Price per night from
- Brockenhurst, EnglandThis detached, boutique-style, single-storey holiday property offers well-presented accommodation, and makes an ideal retreat for couples or families looking to enjoy the delights of The New Forest right on their doorstep. Lawn Lodge has its own private parking and enclosed, lawned garden, and is adjacent to the owner’s renowned hotel, where guests can enjoy complimentary use of the extensive leisure facilities, including a heated indoor and outdoor swimming pool (outdoor pool - summer only), air conditioned gym and terraces/grounds. There is also a spa treatment centre (prices on enquiry), bar, two restaurants and breakfast is offered at a discounted rate. The ever-popular New Forest is a haven for wildlife, with many roaming ponies across the heathland, extensive walks, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round, including Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, New Forest Wildlife Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! It is only a 10-minute drive to historic Lymington, with waterside dining, boutiques and ferries to the Isle of Wight. Lawn Lodge is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. Beach 5 miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£132Price per night from
- Bransgore, EnglandThis pretty, detached, ‘chocolate box’, thatched holiday cottage lies a few miles from the Dorset coast, on the edge of the New Forest National Park which is hugely popular for excellent walks, cycling and horse-riding routes. There’s also golf available nearby. The cottage is an ideal retreat for families, with many character features and a hot tub in the garden’s summer house. There are plenty of thoughtful extras for guests’ enjoyment, including six TVs, Bluetooth stereo and wi-fi. Enjoy sandy beaches at Mudeford, Bournemouth and Poole, or visit Beaulieu, Exbury Gardens and Lymington. Burley and Christchurch are just 3 miles away. Shop ⅓ mile and nearest pub 80 meters. Village has 3 good pubs in total.£150Price per night from
- Burley, EnglandThis delightful, period home stands semi-detached, and offers light and airy, carefully co-ordinated holiday accommodation, with good use of tasteful themed coloured walls and contemporary additions. It is ideally located right in the heart of The New Forest, only 200 yards from the centre of Burley, which attracts many visitors’ year round with its tea rooms, pubs, manor house, cycle hire, quaint gift shops and ice cream parlour. There is also a spa in the village where you can spend a day relaxing. Roaming ponies and cattle can often be found outside the cottage or wandering through Burley – it certainly makes a change from a traditional traffic jam!
The unspoilt forest and heathland with wandering ponies and cattle are what makes the New Forest famous. Miles of beautiful walks are available, as is golf, or alternatively the surrounding area can be explored by car or on bicycle via the many cycle paths, where you can discover some of the appealing villages, towns, attractions, and gardens such as Lyndhurst, the sailing town of Lymington (with ferry terminal to the Isle of Wight), Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the riverside village of Bucklers Hard. The county of Hampshire itself was enjoyed by Jane Austen with her house and museum in Chawton and her resting place in Winchester Cathedral. Further afield but well worth a trip is Christchurch, Monkey World and the Tank Museum near Wool. Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig World, ‘Go Ape’ adventure park, The Owl and Otter Park and nautical maritime history at Southampton, with retail shopping outlets, are also within easy reach. The coastline with its beaches at Bournemouth, Sandbanks and Poole is within a short drive, with golden beaches and has many popular activities such as windsurfing, boating and swimming. Shop 200 yards, pub and restaurant 250 yards.£149Price per night from
- Ringwood, EnglandLilypad is a newly built home in a peaceful residential area within walking distance to the high street of Ringwood. Downstairs there is an open plan kitchen, living and dining room with a 43-inch smart tv. In the kitchen there is a fridge freezer, dishwasher, gas hob and electric oven with all the equipment you need to cook a meal to enjoy together. There is a convenient downstairs toilet and there is underfloor heating on the ground floor of this property. Upstairs is a king bedroom and a double bedroom both with 32-inch smart TVs. The family bathroom has a shower over the bath and there is a washer dryer in the cupboard. At the front of the property there is a small patio area with a small outdoor seating area and there is parking available for 1 car and a locked bike store.
Ringwood high street is within walking distance, this historic town comprises of a rich mixture of architecture including buildings which are thatched, Georgian, modern, and historic buildings lining the streets. A stroll along west street will take you to the Jubilee Gardens with a millstream running through which once powered the corn mill. There is a variety of independent shops in Ringwood along with cafes and eateries. Ringwood Brewery is well worth a visit during your time here, and you can even book a tour to sample the local beers. Ringwood has a weekly market as well as several farm shops within driving distance for local produce. For walkers and cyclists, the Castleman trail is easily accessible from Bickerley Road, this follows the old train route between Dorchester and Southampton.
For days out you must visit the New Forest with its free roaming horses, cattle and donkeys and an abundance of unique villages and pubs throughout. Moors Valley is fantastic for walking and cycling within the forest and you can even book an experience at Go Ape to climb among the treetops. There is the New Forest Water Park with a variety of water sports and a giant inflatable obstacle course on the water which is a fantastic day out. For fishing a day license can be purchased at the tackle shop for fishing on the River Avon with the chance to catch a variety of fish including Pike, Chub and Carp. The beaches of Southbourne and Avon Beach are within a half hour drive, with a mixture of sandy areas and pebbled area. Other nearby days out include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Liberty’s Owl and Reptile Centre, Dorset Heavy Horse Farm, Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary, and you can get a ferry to the Isle of Wight for a day trip! Lilypad provides the perfect home to base yourselves while exploring the nearby areas to make those memories on your holiday.£71Price per night from