Dog-friendly Hotels Hampshire
Choose from some of the finest dog-friendly hotels, spas and luxury country houses in Hampshire, scattered throughout popular areas such as Southampton, Droxford, Brockenhurst, Winchester and the stunning New Forest.
- Lymington, EnglandEnjoying a wonderfully peaceful, scenic and rural location, surrounded by fields where horses graze, this delightful, detached, Grade II listed cottage is accessed via a long gravel driveway, set back from a country lane, yet only 10 minutes drive to Lymington or 5 minutes to Brockenhurst. The popular local pub serving fine fayre is within ½-mile via a footpath or ¾-mile by road. Pond Cottage has been lovingly and carefully restored, offering tastefully styled accommodation yet retaining some superb features. The highlight of this super property is the wonderful kitchen/dining room with underfloor heating and a suspended mirrored light from the apex. French doors lead from here onto a patio terrace which leads to the enclosed gardens, where plentiful wildlife including deer, pheasants and many birds can be seen. Contrary to the name of the cottage, there are no ponds in the property’s own fenced grounds, however there is a large pond in the grounds of the next door property.
Ideal for families and couples, there is a double bedroom on the ground floor with a ‘Jack ‘n’ Jill’ shower room, and three further bedrooms on the first floor, one 5ft double with TV, one double and one single with a pull-out bed. There is a shower over bath on the first floor, plus an additional toilet in the ground floor utility - the cottage sleeps 8.
The ever-popular New Forest is part of the National Park, and is a haven for ponies. Extensive walks, cycling and riding routes cross the heathland. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round. Nearby Brockenhurst has ‘best in county bakers’, plus cycle hire, shop/post office and pubs/restaurants.
The popular sailing town of Lymington is only 10 minutes drive, with its pretty harbour, cobbled pedestrianised streets, boutiques, eateries and pubs, and ferries to the Isle of Wight. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Buckler’s Hard, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig World at Paultons Park, New Forest Owl and Otter Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! Shops 2 miles, pub/restaurant ½ mile.£134From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lymington, EnglandThis superb, detached, 16th-century spacious and characterful property enjoys a truly beautiful location. Peacefully located along a quiet lane and nestled within gently sloping, lawned gardens, with rose lined pathways, a meandering shallow stream and views at the rear over the countryside. Within the beautiful gardens sits a tiled outdoor heated swimming pool available in the summer months, with elegant roman end and steps down to the pool, and which also benefits from an electronic safety cover.
Steeped in history, this delightful home offers many original architectural features in keeping with the character of a period house, such as beams (some low), original inglenook fireplaces and tiled floors. Salters Cottage is ideal for families, friends and celebrations whether in summer around the pool or in winter with roaring fires. There is also a spacious green oak studio with high ceilings and French doors, which provides a fabulous reception room opening straight out onto the patio decking for games, family gatherings or just enjoying the view across the gardens onto the forest and site of special scientific interest. As well as the main living room and the studio, on the ground floor there is a snug with an inglenook fireplace with wood burner, and additional TV, and a spacious toilet. There is fibre Wi-Fi throughout the house. At the heart of this wonderful property is a hand-built kitchen, including a large induction cooker and oak topped kitchen island around which you can enjoy a glass of wine with friends and family. Opening out from the kitchen is a dining area that overlooks the extensive gardens.
The large, raised decked area is an ideal spot from which to savour the views whilst having an aperitif or dining al fresco on a warm summer’s evening. There is a range of garden seating and sun loungers in the garden. The lovely view over the gardens can be enjoyed from the tastefully styled bedrooms, with the large master bedroom being a particular feature, with its own dressing room and en-suite bathroom. In the small bedroom at the top of the stairs, a section of the original wall construction is exposed. The 4 bathrooms are well fitted, one of them has a roll-top bath with super Moroccan themed tiles. High quality linen and beds are throughout.
The ever popular New Forest is part of the National Park and is a haven for wildlife, with many roaming ponies across the heathland, extensive walks, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round. The popular sailing town of Lymington is only a 10-minute drive, with its pretty harbour, open-air lido, cobbled pedestrianised streets, boutiques, eateries, pubs and day trips to the Isle of Wight on the ferry. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig at Paultons Park, New Forest Owl and Otter Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! Perhaps best of all are the surrounding walks into the forest without getting in the car. Salters Cottage is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Mudeford, Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. Shop ½ mile and pub ¼ mile.£188From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lymington, EnglandThis delightful period home stands as one of a pair, along a quiet lane within the Buckland Conservation Area and less than 5 minutes’ drive from the popular, cosmopolitan sailing town of Lymington and only a 20-minute walk to Lymington high street. The Bothy has an attractive country façade and a homely, welcoming interior. The inviting kitchen/dining room is the central point for guests to dine, and has features such as flagstone floors, granite work tops, an Aga and a butler sink. The comfortable living room has a lovely wood burner to cosy up in front of, and has French doors to the pretty, well-maintained, enclosed rear garden. Also on the ground floor, there is a spacious games/TV room, with table football, air-hockey, games compendium, plenty of board games and a 55’’ TV with a DVD player and selection of DVDs. There is also a double bedroom and bathroom on the ground floor. Upstairs there are three further bedrooms and another family bathroom.
This super home is ideal for couples or families looking to explore Hampshire. The Bothy is only a 4-minute drive to open forest, and The New Forest, which is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, is known for its excellent walking and is the ideal place to enjoy tranquil days out, with rambling, cycling and golf available. Wild ponies and cattle roam the lanes and streets, and there are many picturesque villages to discover with gift shops and cafés/restaurants serving cream teas. There are also vineyards and farm shops where you can try the local wine and produce!
The historic town of Lymington is only about 5 minutes’ drive, and has many boutiques, eateries, ice cream parlours, tea rooms and inns. It is known for its cobbled streets leading down to the quayside with a delightful old harbour – always a hive of activity! The popular, traditional market takes place every Saturday, and there is a sailing club and an open air sea water baths dating back to 1833. Places to visit include Exbury Gardens, Beaulieu Motor Museum, and the riverside village of Buckler’s Hard and Christchurch Priory. Within easy driving distance and great for family days out are Monkey World, Bovington Tank Museum and Highcliffe Castle. Discover Lulworth Cove on the Jurassic Coastline, or visit Corfe Castle, Stonehenge, Winchester or Salisbury Cathedrals. Marwell Zoo and Paultons Park with Peppa Pig World also make for great days out. If all this isn’t enough, you can take a day trip by ferry to the Isle Of Wight from Southampton.
There are sandy beaches at Bournemouth, Sandbanks, Studland Bay and Milford-on-Sea – ideal for bathing, sailing, fishing, and water sports. Beach 4½ miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£152From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lymington, EnglandDescribed as ‘the curious angular house’ by the locals, Plover Cottage is 200 years old, standing detached and was formerly the shoemaker’s house, and was also once the local dentist’s surgery. Occupying a very convenient location, it makes an ideal holiday getaway for couples or small families who wish to explore the area. Milford on Sea, one of the last remaining seaside villages, is popular year-round, with a good selection of pubs, restaurants and local shops. The cottage is only 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and 5 minutes from excellent birdwatching areas within a popular conservation area, including the marshes and Sturt Pond, where there is a hide. Walk along Hurst Spit to Hurst Castle (English Heritage), about 1½ miles away, where Charles I was imprisoned; there is also a ferry from nearby Keyhaven to the castle. It is a scenic walk over the cliff tops to Barton-on-Sea, and you can stop off at the café for refreshments en route! There are Victorian Pleasure Gardens throughout the village which follow the river, and keen walkers can take the coastal path from Keyhaven Nature Reserve to Lymington. Although it is a long walk, it takes in some incredible views.
Further afield you can park your car at Hengistbury Head and walk all the way to Boscombe, or alternatively from Highcliffe Castle to Mudeford, then take the short ferry to Hengistbury. The beaches in the locality are very clean, and many people swim from the Milford Beaches. There is a paddle boarding shop in the village, and lessons can be taken in Mudeford. The water in Christchurch Harbour is very shallow, and great for those learning to paddle board.
Lymington, with its harbour, restaurants, inns, nautical boutiques and ferry link to the Isle of Wight, is only about 5 miles. The New Forest is known for it extensive scenic walks, cycling and riding routes, whilst other places to visit include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Paultons Park, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, New Forest Owl and Otter Park and Christchurch Priory. Many larger beaches with various attractions are within easy reach, including Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. If relaxing and being pampered appeals, the Elemis Day Spa at Shorefields Country Park is just a few minutes’ drive away. Beach 1 mile. Shop 500 yards, pub and restaurant 200 yards.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Relax in this beautiful, spacious and bright semi-detached home, ideal for families or a group of friends. It is located just 5 miles from Lymington, which has a an idyllic cobbled high street with a variety of shops and is home to one of the golden post boxes to celebrate a golden medal won during the London 2012 Olympics. This home is located on the outskirts of the New Forest, which is well known for its free roaming ponies and cattle. It is a beautiful place to visit at any time of the year with many quaint villages and towns offering cafés, restaurants and pubs as well as numerous shops, some selling homemade fudge. There are scenic coastal walks to enjoy with incredible views, and on a clear day you can see the Isle of Wight.
There are many attractions to enjoy nearby such as Beaulieu Motor Museum, Furzy Garden, Liberty’s Owl and Reptile Centre, Moors Valley Country Park and Hurst Castle. Further afield you can visit the UNESCO Juarassic Coastline, Marwell Zoo and Bournemouth, with one of the best beaches in the UK. Winchester is also worth a visit. This cottage has a gate in the back garden which can be unlocked to link to next door, No 2 Downton Cottage (ref UKC4451), making it suitable for a large group or two families to be together. Beach 1½ miles. Shop 1 mile, pub ½ mile and restaurant 2 miles.£84From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lymington, EnglandComfortable detached timber lodge on 100 acre coastal Shorefield Country Park. Open plan living. Family-friendly. Near beach. Opportunity to access on-site leisure facilities inc. pools and gym. Close to New Forest. Milford On Sea 1.5 miles.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- A fantastic Grade II listed annex resting on the outskirts of Hordle, Hampshire. Pet-friendly. Swimming pool access. Off-road parking. New Milton 2.4 miles; Lymington 3 miles; Christchurch 9.1 miles.£129From price per night based on 7 night stay