Dog-friendly Hotels Hampshire
Choose from some of the finest dog-friendly hotels, spas and luxury country houses in Hampshire, scattered throughout popular areas such as Southampton, Droxford, Brockenhurst, Winchester and the stunning New Forest.
- West Meon, England
Set in beautiful grounds, the Thomas Lord combines a superb dog-friendly pub, with stunning, luxury wood cabins. Perfectly positioned in the quaint Hampshire village of West Meon£74Price per night from
- West Meon, EnglandThis lovely warm and welcoming semi-detached holiday home is steeped in history and with parts dating back over 450 years, White Horse Cottage offers many original features such as beams (some low) and wooden window frames. Comfortably furnished, this delightful family cottage has a light and airy kitchen/dining room with large farmhouse style table seating 10 comfortably, a snug room with sofas, bean bags, Smart TV and a large living room with a wood burner. The spacious bedrooms are located on the first floor, some have beams. Outside is a large, lawned, enclosed garden with uninterrupted views across trees and through to the parkland of West Meon House, a cycle store for up to three bikes, plus private parking for three cars.
In a very convenient location, White Horse Cottage is within walking distance of several village amenities, including the award winning inn, The Thomas Lord, which is named after the founder of Lords cricket ground who is buried in the village churchyard. There is also a village shop, post office, café and a butchers, who won the Hampshire Life Butcher of the Year award in 2014. There are local buses to various destinations including Winchester and Petersfield.
In the heart of the South Downs National Park, this wonderful part of Hampshire provides direct access to miles of scenic walks across the Meon Valley, including the South Downs Way. Neighbouring East Meon, 3 miles, has a pretty church and good pubs. Within easy reach are the glorious South Downs, Queen Elizabeth Country Park, the naval city of Portsmouth with its historic dockyard, home to Nelson’s Victory and The Mary Rose, along with waterside dining, extensive designer shopping and ferry trips to the Isle of Wight. The ancient city of Winchester with its stunning cathedral and science centre, Southampton with its shopping centre and the New Forest with its extensive heathland walks, riding and cycling opportunities is approximately 40 minutes away. Historic Chichester with its cathedral and festival theatre, beaches at the Witterings or Hayling Island, the Watercress steam train, Jane Austens’ House, Gilbert White’s house and Birdworld, Marwell Zoo and Peppa Pig World are all easily accessible from White Horse Cottage and fishing is available nearby. London is about an hour by train from nearby Petersfield. Beach 20 miles. Shop, post office, pub and cafe 100 yards.£150Price per night from
- West Meon, EnglandRestored in 2018, this detached single-storey barn conversion has some lovely features, such as an open plan living space, complete with a high vaulted, beamed ceiling, a wood burner and tiled floor. It is located along a lane, within the owner’s farm buildings and part of a working farm. Presented to a very high standard throughout, this tastefully furnished property is conveniently located for Alresford, Winchester, Petersfield and the Itchen and Meon Valley - ideal for couples or families wishing to explore the many attractions and walks in this lovely part of Hampshire. One small, well-behaved dog is welcome, but must be kept on a lead outside of the property as the local fields have sheep and livestock. There are good places and walking routes to drive to that are very dog friendly – including some of the local pubs!
Nearby Cheriton has a village shop and there are two well-known local pubs within 2 miles, both serving good food. The popular quaint Georgian town of Alresford is about 3 miles away, and has scenic riverside walks, further eateries, inns, tea rooms, boutiques and shops. Why not take a step back in time on the Mid Hants Watercress Steam Railway! Alresford is also known for being the UK capital of watercress farming.
There are so many places to visit for keen walkers and cyclists in the area, including the Itchen Way, South Downs Way, Wayfarers Way, St Catherine’s Hill, Winnall Moors Nature Reserve and also the Ox Drove cycle track linking the South Downs National Park. There are many good golf clubs in the area, the nearest being Alresford, and excellent trout or coarse fishing in the Meon and Itchen Valley. Ideal for those wishing to explore the area, as well as sightseeing attractions, the National Trust’s Hinton Ampner is only about a mile away and is popular with all ages. The property is within easy reach of the historic city of Winchester, 6 miles, with an ornate cathedral, museum, The Gurkha Museum, King Alfred’s Statue and the Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium. There are beer and wine tours and tastings within the area too. Just a short drive leads to the market towns of Alton and Petersfield, and Southampton and Portsmouth are worth a visit with the Spinnaker Tower, day trips to the Isle of Wight by ferry, shopping outlets and historic dockyards with ships. It is less than 45 minutes’ drive to the nearest beach at Hayling Island, and about 60 minutes’ drive to the wonderful sandy beach at West Wittering. Also within easy driving distance are Chichester with Goodwood or Fontwell races, Jane Austen’s House, Gilbert White’s House and Gardens, Hambledon Vineyard, The New Forest, Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park with Peppa Pig World and Queen Elizabeth Country Park. Shop, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£85Price per night from
- West Meon, EnglandThese beautifully restored barn conversions (ref UKC3357 and ref UKC3358) are peacefully located in the delightful hamlet of Beauworth which is near Cheriton, Alresford and Winchester. They offer excellent light and airy single-storey accommodation, ideal for couples or families wishing to explore the many attractions, walks and coastline that this wonderful part of Hamphsire has to offer. Much thought has been given to providing tastefully styled and comfortable furnishings, with plenty of natural light throughout. Each property has a small enclosed sitting out area with barbecue, and there is an adjoining gate between the two properties, ideal for larger groups.
Nearby Cheriton has a village shop and there are two popular local pubs both serving fine fayre. The pretty Georgian town of Alresford has scenic riverside walks, further eateries, inns, tea rooms and shops. Alresford is known for being the UK’s capital of watercress farming - enjoy a trip on the Mid Hants Watercress Steam Railway for a wonderful nostalgic journey back in time! For keen cyclists and walkers there are many places to visit including The Itchen Way, Blackwood Forest, St Catherine’s Hill, Winnall Moors Nature Reserve, and also the Ox Drove cycle track. There are many good golf clubs in the area, the nearest being Alresford, 3 miles, and excellent trout or coarse fishing in the Meon Valley.
In addition to the many scenic walks in the area, there are also a range of attractions to explore. The National Trust’s Hinton Ampner is popular with all ages. The properties are within easy reach of the historic city of Winchester, 8 miles, with its ornate cathedral, The Gurkha Museum, King Alfred Monument and Winchester Science and Planetarium. There are beer and wine tours and tastings within the area too. A short drive will take you to the market towns of Alton and Petersfield, or visit Southampton and Portsmouth where you can see Spinnaker Tower, shopping outlets, the historic dockyard with ships, or enjoy a trip to the Isle of Wight by ferry. The nearest beach at Hayling Island is less than 30 minutes’ drive, and it is approximately 40 minutes’ drive to the wonderful sandy beach at West Wittering. Also within easy driving distance are Chichester with Goodwood or Fontwel Races, Jane Austen’s House, Gilbert White’s House and Gardens, Hambledon Vineyard and The New Forest. Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park with Peppa Pig World and Queen Elizabeth Country Park are also worth a visit. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 10 guests.£151Price per night from
- West Meon, EnglandSituated in the South Downs National Park in beautiful gardens and grounds, with endless views over unspoilt Hampshire countryside.
Astonishingly peaceful, it is surrounded by ancient trees and grazing animals and set in an organic farm (no chemicals or machines) and yet is still only an hour’s drive from London.
Perfectly situated in the golden triangle between the Cathedral City of Winchester, the beaches of the South Coast and the racing and polo of Goodwood and Cowdray.
The farmhouse has been beautifully restored and renovated with exquisite fabrics, textiles and modern art - everything has been chosen with comfort and style in mind. Decorated in gentle colours, with an abundance of books and beautiful paintings, it is the most restful of places to unwind.
Not only does the kitchen have some of the best views in Hampshire, it is large, new and well equipped. The AGA is backed up with a multi-functional oven and electric hob and a large American style fridge freezer and 2 dishwashers to ease the pain of clearing up. Twice weekly cleaning service is included.
The house itself sleeps 10, with 2 tucked-away private suites (one with a shower room and one with a bathroom), the other double bedrooms share a large family bathroom, making it perfect for multi-generation family stays.
Summer or Winter Brickwood Farmhouse is set up for gentle enjoyment. In summer, enjoy the very large swimming pool, a choice of outdoor dining areas, ferocious matches on the croquet lawn or just sitting, reading or painting in the many beautiful areas of the grounds. The garden is conceived as a series of intimate, enclosed spaces around the house - something for everyone.
Lots and lots of space for children to play - goals can be set up on the big play-lawn for the sporting family. The walled back terrace has a built in fireplace, sofa, table and chairs making long summer evenings absolutely delightful.
In winter 2 woodburners - one in the elegant drawing room, one in the cosy snug (all wood provided) - create the perfect atmosphere for family get togethers and nothing is left to chance. It is all backed up by modern underfloor heating and proper cast iron radiators.£614Price per night from
- West Meon, EnglandA true ’Chocolate Box’ cottage with low slung thatched roof over the brick and flint walls of this charming and sympathetically restored cottage in a pretty Hampshire village. With 2 beautiful bedrooms and a comfortable and social open plan living space. Relax on the sumptuous sofa in front of the log stove or rustle up a home cooked meal in the luxuriously hand crafted kitchen. Then pull up chair at the dining table, pour a drink, relax and catch up after the days activities.
The pretty cottage garden and terrace offer the perfect spot to enjoy ’al fresco’ dining on a warm summer evening, or simply enjoy the peace and quiet of this tranquil setting.
When the day is done, retire to the stylish bedrooms (mind your head - this is a character cottage) and wake up feeling relaxed to the sounds of the countryside!
Cheriton is a pretty Hampshire village with a great traditional village pub, ’The Flower Pots’ famous for brewing its own award winning beer on site. The pub is a short stroll away and well worth a visit during your stay.
A little under 3 miles to the North you will find the pretty Georgian market town of Alresford, voted Country Life’s ’Favourite Market Town’. This is a must visit, with such a wide range of independent shops, pubs and eateries we are sure you will want to return!
The historic cathedral city of Winchester just 7 miles away is guaranteed to impress with a huge range of independent shops, bustling weekly markets, superb restaurants including the recently opened ’The Ivy’ and of course the impressive Cathedral and grounds.£145Price per night from
- Southampton, England
Originally built in 1906, New Place Hotel is a superb dog-friendly destination located in the heart of the Hampshire countryside.£129Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Lymington, England
A stylish coastal pub and an AA Four-Star Gold Inn in Lymington, dog-friendly The Mayflower in Hampshire is the perfect base for those craving a seaside break with their furry friend in tow.£90Price per night from
- Brockenhurst, England
Originally a hunting lodge in the 1800s, dog-friendly Balmer Lawn Hotel in Hampshire is now a gorgeous family-run country house hotel set in the heart of the fabulous New Forest National Park – a doggie dream!£165Price per night from
- Andover, England
Nestled on the Faccombe estate in the middle of the glorious Hampshire countryside, The Jack Russell is a truly dog-friendly historic pub with stylish bedrooms, each named after dog breeds.£104Price per night from