Full of natural beauty and rural charm, Herefordshire is a truly special place to visit. With stretches of farmlands, woodlands and rolling hills, you and your pooch can enjoy some of the most magnificent countryside walks - before you retreat to a cosy dog-friendly cottage or hotel tucked away in one of the many picturesque villages or towns.
- Mathon, EnglandThis delightful, single storey, detached holiday property, in the grounds of Mathon Court, offers tastefully styled interiors, and the enclosed garden affords wonderful views over open countryside, with streams and direct access to public footpaths for scenic walks. Peacefully located along a quiet lane, yet only 2 miles from the local pub/restaurant, and 3
1/2miles from the popular town of Malvern which has excellent facilities including leisure centre, cinema and theatre which attracts many West End shows and stars, and 7 miles from the historic market town of Ledbury. This is an ideal home for couples or families who wish to explore Worcestershire and Herefordshire. There are many picturesque villages to visit, and the property is well placed for sightseeing, with the cathedral cities of Worcester, Hereford and Gloucester all within driving distance. The Malvern Hills, Cotswolds and Forest of Dean are also within easy reach, as is the Regency spa town of Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of Shakespeare. Both offer an excellent day out, with an abundance of shops, theatres, racecourses and restaurants. Excellent, challenging walking, golf, fishing, cycling and horse riding are all close by. Shop 1 1/2miles, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£77From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Orleton, EnglandThis nicely converted, 19th century, detached, cider mill holiday cottage is near the owner’s farm, with views over lawned gardens and meadows, in the cider apple county just south of the fine medieval town of Ludlow. It’s a short drive from woodland walks, fishing in the Teme Valley and the border country. The dining area retains a magnificent cider mill (one of the few that survive in the area) and the living room has external granary steps. Good walks from the door, and all the attractions of Shropshire and Hereford an easy drive. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£49From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ross-on-Wye, EnglandA charming terraced cottage in the Wye Valley on the edge of the Forest of Dean. WiFi. Pet-friendly. Walks from the doorstep. Abundance of outdoor activities. Local pub via chain ferry!£52From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandThese four superb holiday cottages nestle on the borders of Herefordshire and Worcestershire and are located on a 700-acre estate on the beautiful west side of the Malvern Hills. Netherley Hall Estate is a family-run farm specialising in the breeding of cattle and sheep and the surrounding area offers marvellous woodland walks.
The cottages are within 15 minutes’ drive of Malvern and have panoramic views of the wooded hills and unspoilt countryside; the location is ideal for nature enthusiasts, with an abundance of wildlife to observe as well as unrivalled birdwatching.
Three of the cottages are detached, whilst the fourth one is semi-detached, and the English oak timber used to restore their interiors was felled and machined from the extensive woodland on the estate itself. The furnishings and fittings for all the cottages have been supplied by local businesses, and during restoration, the owners have paid great attention to detail.
Parkers (ref RAAP) was originally built in 1610 and is a detached, listed building lovingly restored to the very highest standard and has several items of antique furniture. Parkers Lodge (ref RAAQ) is a smaller two-bedroomed detached cottage completed in 2006 and fitted out to a very high standard, whilst Brook House (ref RAAR) is a detached, listed building dating from around 1670 and emanates a marvellous ambience. It has landscaped gardens and a terrace with outstanding views overlooking Mathon Brook. The Bothy (ref UK12100) is semi-detached and was renovated in 2019. It has a kitchen/dining room, and through the archway there is a comfortable living room with French doors opening out to a beautiful garden area, with views over the farmland and farm animals.
Attractions to visit near the cottages include the Malvern Hills, Three Counties Showground and Malvern Theatre, as well as farm shops, gardens, gift shops, picnic areas and walking trails. Fishing, golf and horse riding are also available, as well as pick your own fruit (in season). Racecourses in the locality include Hereford, Worcester, Chepstow, Ludlow, Cheltenham, Wolverhampton, Warwick and Stratford. Shop 1 mile, pub 2 miles.£79From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandNestled within countryside, where scenic orchards can be found nearby, as well as a river in the village, this beautiful detached cottage is in the perfect location for romantic escapes, rural adventures and memorable breaks with friends and family. This 17th-century cottage has been carefully put together with comfort in mind, retaining its charm and character. It boasts original beams, and the adjacent owners have added thoughtful, welcoming touches such as an external games room and a blazing wood burner, perfect for cosy nights in! West View Cottage offers a cosy living area, a wonderful kitchen and a modern bathroom. The three sumptuous bedrooms are located on the first floor, and provide the perfect place to unwind following a busy day’s adventure.
Herefordshire is a place of discovery, whether it’s walking in the amazing countryside or visiting the majestic cathedral - there is something to do for everyone. Frome Valley Vineyard is only a mile away, and stands on the banks of the River Frome at Paunton. The vineyard is surrounded by orchards, hop yards and rolling meadows. If you fancy some adventure, there’s paint balling, a bowling alley and horse riding nearby. About ½ mile away there is a traditional farm shop, which is well worth a visit; you can purchase local fresh produce ranging from home made pies to locally grown produce and ales. Shop 1½ miles, pub ½ mile and restaurant 2½ miles.£62From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandCharming barn conversion in Broxwood near Pembridge, surrounded by beautiful Herefordshire countryside.Private Hot tub. Large garden with fire pit. WiFi. Close to Offa's Dyke. Pembridge 3.3 miles; Leominster 8.5 miles.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandA delightful barn conversion set in a peaceful, rural location amongst stunning Herefordshire countryside in Broxwood near Pembridge. One acre of grounds with fire pit. WiFi. Private Hot tub. Pembridge 3.3 miles; Leominster 8.5 miles.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandThis lovely detached lodge, where the owner lives just next door, has a private enclosed garden and decked seating area ideal for your four-legged friend, of which two are welcome free of charge and a third is chargable. The Wooden Lodge offers an open plan living space with a cosy wood burner in the living area for those cooler evenings, and a kitchen/dining area.
Set in peaceful Herefordshire countryside and with great links to the popular towns of Ludlow, Leominster and Hereford, there is so much to see and do in the area. There are plenty of stunning walks to choose from including close access to the famous Offa’s Dyke Path and the Mortimer Way. The market town of Presteigne is just 6 miles away and has a variety of independent shops and restaurants, and is also home to the award-winning Judges Lodgings Museum which is well worth a visit. Shop 4 miles, pub 2 miles and restaurant 6 miles.£51From price per night based on 7 night stay