Full of natural beauty and rural charm, Herefordshire is a truly special place to visit. With stretches of farmlands, woodlands and rolling hills, you and your pooch can enjoy some of the most magnificent countryside walks - before you retreat to a cosy dog-friendly cottage or hotel tucked away in one of the many picturesque villages or towns.
- Bosbury, EnglandThe spacious balcony of this tastefully converted attached barn enjoys far reaching views and catches the sun most of the day. The living/dining room/kitchen is on the first floor, to take advantage of the outlook, with windows on three sides. The holiday cottage is located in the grounds of a country house and enjoys use of a heated swimming pool in summer, the owner of which is happy to show off her Gipsy Moth aeroplane and vintage car. Conveniently situated between the Wye Valley and Malvern Hills, there are numerous attractions for any time of year including the Three Counties Showground and Ledbury Poetry Festival. Shop and pub 2 miles, restaurant 3 miles.
- Ross-on-Wye, EnglandA delightful detached cottage resting in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire. Child and pet-friendly. Heated pool. Hot tub. Symonds Yat 7.4 miles; Monmouth 11.1 miles.£106Price per night from
- Ross-on-Wye, EnglandAs you approach the wooden gates, you are greeted with the most idyllic valley views. Embrace the good life as you drive through what was the old farmyard, to arrive at your rural retreat.
Within the barn, you will find a sociable open plan kitchen and sitting room complete with a traditional AGA, original beams and picture postcode card views from the windows. Choose from four spacious bedrooms, one on the first floor, complete with en-suit and three further comfortable bedrooms on the ground floor.
Staying at The Poultigerry is ideal as a relaxing Herefordshire base. You might choose to rise and shine with yoga, followed by a game of tennis and dip in the inviting pool. The walled garden, is a show-stopper and has been created by the renowned designer Tom Stuart-Smith. A sea of flowering grasses engulf the eye and the harmonious views of the valley beyond.
Beyond the grounds, the Herefordshire countryside awaits, with a multitude of places to visit and outdoor pursuits to enjoy. Cycling nearby or kayaking and canoeing on the river Wye. Forest walks and hiking are all within easy access. You will find a small village nearby with a gastro pub for fine ale and food.£310Price per night from
- Hay-on-Wye, EnglandThe modern design of this home is complimented with a stylish collection of the fun and quirky features. The spacious open plan kitchen, living and dining area creates the central hub of Outshot Barn, floor to ceiling glass and high ceilings create a spacious and relaxed feel.
The two bedrooms both with their own bathroom, offer peace and tranquillity to help with a good night’s sleep so you will be feeling refreshed and ready to enjoy the day ahead.
If you are an outdoor lover, private trails around the farm offer beautiful walks to start the day and observe the wildlife. The large farm grounds offer plenty of animals and space for children to enjoy. A private courtyard with outdoor seating and a BBQ, create the perfect recipe for long summer evenings outside.
A great place to stay for animal lovers, collect eggs from the chickens and ducks, meet the ponies and the piglets if you’re lucky too. The farm is eco friendly with solar panels providing electricity and there is a spring for water.£130Price per night from
- Ross-on-Wye, EnglandA superb, detached property resting on the outskirts of Whitchurch. Pet-friendly. WiFi. Swimming pool. Monmouth 6.1 miles; Ross-on-Wye 7.4 miles.
- Ross-on-Wye, EnglandConverted loft space above a garage, storing classic cars. Open-plan. Floor to ceiling windows. Shared outdoor non-heated swimming pool. Symonds Yat 2 miles; Ross-on-Wye 4 miles.
- Ross-on-Wye, EnglandThis stunning Grade ll listed Georgian property offers guests a most luxurious space to stay and enjoy with wonderful views of the grounds and surrounding land. It is set in 15 acres of National Trust parkland. There are private gardens for guests to use and enjoy including private garden furniture. Formerly used as a hotel, this property boasts large living accommodation along with luxury en-suite facilities with every bedroom. There is also an outdoor heated swimming pool shared with other properties on site. Guests can book times for private use of the pool.
In close proximity to the Wye Valley, and within easy driving distance of the cathedral cities of Hereford, Worcester and Gloucester. There are plenty of activities for even the most active guests to enjoy in the area, including kayaking and canoeing down the river, walks and tours around the county’s historic sites including Goodrich Castle and Symonds Yat rock. Golfers are also spoilt for choice with several nearby courses to choose from including the picturesque Rolls of Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye golf clubs. Pengethley Manor can be booked together with UK39040, UK39041, UK39042 and UK39044 to accommodate up to 30 guests.£82Price per night from