Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
- Maidstone, EnglandKingfisher Oast is a Grade II listed building forming part of a country estate in the heart of Hollingbourne village.
The oast was used for the storage of hops, and there are cute markings in one of the bedrooms recording the hop pickers activities dating back to the mid 1700s. The cottage has three bedrooms, all ensuite and a lovely sociable open plan living space on the ground floor. A bottle of English wine awaits your arrival.
In the grounds is a shared outdoor heated swimming pool, open in the summer months, and also a shared table tennis table and pool table.There is garden furniture and a charcoal BBQ to enjoy alfresco meals in the garden.
M555050, M555051 and M555100 can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.£118From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Saint Margaret's at Cliffe, EnglandDynamo Cottage is a comfortable semi-detached bungalow situated at St Margaret’s Holiday Park near Dover. The holiday park boasts a shared indoor heated swimming pool, relaxation pool, sauna, spa pool and gym (all at cost), and there is free use of wi-fi in the clubhouse. Dynamo Cottage is located at the front of the park with views over the well-kept lawn and rolling hills. Attractions close by include St Margaret’s Bay with its stunning views to France, Dover with regular ferry crossings to Calais, Dover Castle and the historic city of Canterbury with its great cathedral and boutique shops. Beach 1½ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£44From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edenbridge, EnglandA magnificent Tudor country house set in 6 acres of beautful countryside near Edenbridge. Seven bedrooms, games room, reading room, WiFi, woodburning stove. Perfect choice for reunions and celebrations. Hever Castle 3 miles.£237From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Maidstone, EnglandSet in beautiful grounds, on a country estate in the heart of the pretty village of Hollingbourne, Moorhen Cottage gracefully sits overlooking the picturesque grounds and lakes. This idyllic spot offers the perfect location for a peaceful break, with countryside walks and cycling routes on your doorstep. A choice of locally renowned country pubs lie within a short walk, and the tempting fine food shop and deli is a short distance away which serves breakfast and lunch.
Beautifully finished, this boutique, character cottage has been tastefully designed, with an inviting open plan kitchen and dining area leading through to the dining room, a sociable space to relax come evening. After a busy day of exploring, the sumptuous master awaits, with a comfortable king size bed tempting you into a deep slumber, not before taking a soak in the roll-top bath cleverly positioned so that you can gaze at the stars above. The two further bedrooms will not disappoint, sharing in views of the countryside and lake, with a beautiful, double antique bed upholstered in a deep green fabric, and perfectly styled twin room, sharing a bright and airy bathroom.
Outside is a private dining area which sits overlooking the lake, perfect for memorable meals and barbecues alfresco. Whilst the large grounds of the estate are ideal for wandering, relaxing around the shared heated swimming pool or enjoying a competitive game on the shared pool and table tennis.
Moorhen Cottage is ideally situated for those wanting to explore picturesque Kent, with attractions such as historic Leeds Castle and Gardens nearby, and the well known coastal town of Whitstable within a 35 minute drive. Yet those wanting to simply unwind with amenities nearby can easily do so. Beach 20¾ miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 590 yards.
M555050, M555051 and M555100 can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.£123From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Maidstone, EnglandHeron Barn is a lovely romantic barn, perfect for couples and dog friendly too.
The barn dates back to 1761, when it would have been used to store hops from the estate. It has one bedroom and bathroom and a lovely sociable open plan living space, all with country views. A bottle of English wine awaits your arrival.
In the grounds is a shared outdoor heated swimming pool, open in the summer months, and also a shared table tennis table and pool table.
M555050, M555051 and M555100 can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Folkestone, EnglandSet on a clifftop, carved into an impressive chalk shelf, there really is no location like it, with the most stunning sea views over the English channel, with France in the distance, and across the beautiful Kent coastline over the Wear Bay and to Dungeness in the distance.
Designed to make the most of the views, nearly every room has a backdrop of the sea, with the neutral white walls purposely drawing your eye outside. The spacious sitting room with views through the large picture postcard type window impresses the moment you walk in, with a comfortable corner sofa that you can sink into come evening and Sky TV if you can bear to draw your eyes away from the view. Stairs lead up to the spacious first floor with four amply sized bedrooms, the beds cleverly positioned so that the sea is your first sight when you open your eyes come morning. There is also a sofa bed available to make up the 8 guests.
Whether you choose to simply relax or have an urge to stay active whilst away, both can be enjoyed at Eagles Nest. Relax in the warmth of the sauna, workout in the gym or take a dip in the indoor heated pool. And come evening, what better way to watch the sunset over St Mary’s Bay than whilst enjoying an evening swim.
Situated on the famous white cliffs between Folkestone and Dover, an iconic symbol of home and once war time defence, yet now a place to simply admire the stunning scenery. With many idyllic walks nearby, you will find Samphire Ho and the National Trusts White Cliffs of Dover situated to the east, and the conservation woodland area of The Warren just beneath you where seals can sometimes be seen swimming in the waters. The seaside town of Folkestone is within a short drive, with its regeneration now attracting many who have discovered its sandy beach, an abundance of quality eateries, and the individual shops and art galleries of its old high street. That is if you can prize yourself away from the tranquillity of this enviably positioned holiday home!£264From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ashford, EnglandLocated in the grounds of the owners’ beautiful 18th-century Queen Anne manor house, this comfortable holiday cottage is a perfect property to enjoy the Garden of England. Quiet and peaceful, yet close to nearby Kentish villages such as Hamstreet, Appledore and Tenterden. Also perfect for walkers, as the Royal Military Canal, and the Saxon Shore walk pass by close to the cottage. The sea can be reached by car in 15 minutes.
The lovely historic Cinque Ports town of Rye is a short drive away going westwards, as are two of the most famous gardens in England, Sissinghurst Castle and Great Dixter. In the other direction, Ashford provides excellent shopping, for example at the Designer Outlet, and lies en route to Canterbury, with its magnificent cathedral (40 minutes’ drive), and Whitstable, a buzzing seaside town famous for its’ restaurants and oysters (40 minutes).
The Oast has a charming circular sitting room and large country style kitchen which leads to the south facing garden which is a real sun trap. The owners welcome guests with a dog, and the garden is fully enclosed. Guests can also enjoy the owners’ outdoor heated swimming pool by arrangement.
Upstairs are three bedrooms, the master bedroom being in the circular oast. All rooms have lovely views of the surrounding countryside.
There are a number of local pubs serving food, but for guests who want time off cooking, yet don’t want to go out, the owner of Leacon Hall will be delighted to provide the menu for delicious ready-made food in the oast house. This can be prepared for your arrival or for occasions during your stay. Patrick is a chef who prepares meals for the Goods Shed, an award-winning restaurant and farmers’ market in Canterbury. He uses seasonal fruit and vegetables from his garden and also sources products locally, such as fresh fish from Dungeness. He can even source the perfect wine companion too. In addition, for guests who wish to eat out without the worry of driving, Patrick and his partner, Linda, welcome them to eat in the Leacon Hall dining room, (pictured), for which a different menu is available.£142From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Canterbury, EnglandA romantic cottage sitting in Molash near Challock, Kent. Off-road parking. Woodburning stove. Smart TV. Swimming pool. Rural location. Bedroom with en-suite. Faversham 8.5 miles; Ashford 8.6 miles; Canterbury 10.8 miles.£80From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThis lovely pool house has been recently renovated in 2023 to a very high standard. The house itself has three good sized bedrooms and has a spacious feel, with a good-sized enclosed garden and an outdoor swimming pool. Take it easy at this unique and tranquil getaway with your own private pool. Located near Lynsted, Kent, and perfect for UK staycations for couples, small or medium family groups.
Sittingbourne has some good transport links allowing for guests to explore the surrounding areas such as Canterbury, famous for its cathedral and shopping precinct as well as its historic landmarks. Visit Seasalter and Whitstable for those seaside trips and traditional fish and chips or even fresh local oysters. With plenty of walks and things to explore locally the choice is yours for which adventure to pursue!
There are lots of easily accessible places of interest in the surrounding areas such as Canterbury Cathedral, National Trust properties, the seaside, and several shopping towns. The nearest main town is Ashford which also houses an outlet. Excellent travel links with the motorway and rail services to London and Europe. The old town of Tenterden has a bustling high street full of various little shops of interest with a bus service from Woodchurch and steam trains running from Tenterden to Bodium. Faversham is a beautiful market town very close by. Pool House is only a 5-minute stroll to the village of Teynham and all its amenities.
The Pool House can be booked together with The Malt House (Ref UK37117) to sleep up to 22 guests.£219From price per night based on 7 night stay