Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
- Edenbridge, EnglandA medieval manor house in its own grounds with stunning views over the Weald of Kent. Seven bedrooms, six en-suites, woodburner, open fires, tennis court. Edenbridge 5 miles.£352Price per night from
- Edenbridge, EnglandA magnificent Tudor country house set in 6 acres of beautful countryside near Edenbridge. Seven bedrooms, games room, reading room, WiFi, woodburning stove. Perfect choice for reunions and celebrations. Hever Castle 3 miles.£226Price per night from
- Tunbridge Wells, England
The Hive is a superb bright and spacious dog-friendly hideaway nested in a rural location just a bone’s throw from Tunbridge Wells, with London and the Kent coast just one hour away.£321Price per night from
Resting in the heart of the stunning North Kent Downs, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this whimsical dog-friendly cottage offers superb facilities and a warm, inviting atmosphere.£146Price per night from
- Maidstone, EnglandSet in beautiful grounds, on a country estate in the heart of the pretty village of Hollingbourne, Moorhen Cottage gracefully sits overlooking the picturesque grounds and lakes. This idyllic spot offers the perfect location for a peaceful break, with countryside walks and cycling routes on your doorstep. A choice of locally renowned country pubs lie within a short walk, and the tempting fine food shop and deli is a short distance away which serves breakfast and lunch.
Beautifully finished, this boutique, character cottage has been tastefully designed, with an inviting open plan kitchen and dining area leading through to the dining room, a sociable space to relax come evening. After a busy day of exploring, the sumptuous master awaits, with a comfortable king size bed tempting you into a deep slumber, not before taking a soak in the roll-top bath cleverly positioned so that you can gaze at the stars above. The two further bedrooms will not disappoint, sharing in views of the countryside and lake, with a beautiful, double antique bed upholstered in a deep green fabric, and perfectly styled twin room, sharing a bright and airy bathroom.
Outside is a private dining area which sits overlooking the lake, perfect for memorable meals and barbecues alfresco. Whilst the large grounds of the estate are ideal for wandering, relaxing around the shared heated swimming pool or enjoying a competitive game on the shared pool and table tennis.
Moorhen Cottage is ideally situated for those wanting to explore picturesque Kent, with attractions such as historic Leeds Castle and Gardens nearby, and the well known coastal town of Whitstable within a 35 minute drive. Yet those wanting to simply unwind with amenities nearby can easily do so. Beach 20¾ miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 590 yards.£167Price per night from
- Canterbury, EnglandYour stay at The Manor Coach House will sure enough be one to remember. Located in the Kent Downs, an Area of Outstanding Beauty, you can wander the vast surrounding countryside and reward yourself with a tipple at a local village pub on your way home. This charismatic holiday home is perfect for a couples retreat or families wanting some down time in the countryside.On arrival fresh bread will greet you in the bread maker with butter and jam, with a complementary s’mores basket for fire pit fun.
The Manor Coach House is enticing, spacious and charming. It has been lovingly restored by the owners to create a contemporary, upside down cottage with luxury furniture and fittings. The two kingsize bedrooms both have large stunning en-suite bathrooms, a spiral staircase leads to the first floor open plan living space where you will find a karaoke machine, record player with a selection of records, and a selection of board games. Leading out from the living space is a lovely teak balcony overlooking the large 1 acre garden where you will find an elegant walled terrace and garden furniture. Have some fun and enjoy a dip in the heated pool followed by a game of table tennis outside. Relax as the sun goes down and light up the barbecue for an enjoyable evening meal in this delightful sun trap.
This elevated property sits high above the Stour Valley and has the benefits of being just a short drive to the historic city of Canterbury, as well as being surrounded by the picturesque Kent countryside, footpaths, cycle routes and a unique complex of lakes where day anglers can spend a happy day fishing. Just 20 minutes away you can be in Whitstable where you’ll find some wonderful Blue Flag beaches. Enjoy some wonderful local walks along The River Stour and stop off at the local farm shop in Chilham for some tasty treats. And don’t forget your dog! They’ll love this wonderful and pet friendly cottage.
The Coach House is in the grounds of the owners manor house, parts of which date back to the 15th century and was mentioned in the Domesday Book. Fishing available nearby.£153Price per night from
- Ashford, EnglandLocated in the grounds of the owners’ beautiful 18th-century Queen Anne manor house, this comfortable holiday cottage is a perfect property to enjoy the Garden of England. Quiet and peaceful, yet close to nearby Kentish villages such as Hamstreet, Appledore and Tenterden. Also perfect for walkers, as the Royal Military Canal, and the Saxon Shore walk pass by close to the cottage. The sea can be reached by car in 15 minutes.
The lovely historic Cinque Ports town of Rye is a short drive away going westwards, as are two of the most famous gardens in England, Sissinghurst Castle and Great Dixter. In the other direction, Ashford provides excellent shopping, for example at the Designer Outlet, and lies en route to Canterbury, with its magnificent cathedral (40 minutes’ drive), and Whitstable, a buzzing seaside town famous for its’ restaurants and oysters (40 minutes).
The Oast has a charming circular sitting room and large country style kitchen which leads to the south facing garden which is a real sun trap. The owners welcome guests with a dog, and the garden is fully enclosed. Guests can also enjoy the owners’ outdoor heated swimming pool by arrangement.
Upstairs are three bedrooms, the master bedroom being in the circular oast. All rooms have lovely views of the surrounding countryside.
There are a number of local pubs serving food, but for guests who want time off cooking, yet don’t want to go out, the owner of Leacon Hall will be delighted to provide the menu for delicious ready-made food in the oast house. This can be prepared for your arrival or for occasions during your stay. Patrick is a chef who prepares meals for the Goods Shed, an award-winning restaurant and farmers’ market in Canterbury. He uses seasonal fruit and vegetables from his garden and also sources products locally, such as fresh fish from Dungeness. He can even source the perfect wine companion too. In addition, for guests who wish to eat out without the worry of driving, Patrick and his partner, Linda, welcome them to eat in the Leacon Hall dining room, (pictured), for which a different menu is available.£142Price per night from
- Canterbury, EnglandA romantic cottage sitting in Molash near Challock, Kent. Off-road parking. Woodburning stove. Smart TV. Swimming pool. Rural location. Bedroom with en-suite. Faversham 8.5 miles; Ashford 8.6 miles; Canterbury 10.8 miles.£89Price per night from
- Maidstone, EnglandThis stunning, spacious one-bedroom property is attached to the owner’s main house and has been decorated and furnished in a very stylish luxury manner! Guests also have full access to the shared heated swimming pool at the rear of the property, with fabulous views across the Saxon Way from a very well kept and maintained garden.
This property is a great place to simply turn up and unwind, make use of the pool and comfortable space, go on some nice walks and relax. Alternatively, if you are more adventurous then there are plenty of activities locally or sights to see in all weathers! Enjoy stunning walks and cycle routes along the Saxon Shore coastal routes. Upchurch is a village and civil parish in the Swale district of Kent. It is situated just off the A2 road, between Rainham and Sittingbourne, and offers easy access to surrounding towns/villages such as Maidstone, Canterbury, Whitstable and Faversham. Local to the property is a beautiful wedding venue, a 5-minute walk away. There are a couple of local pubs and a pub/restaurant nearby.£111Price per night from