Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
- Maidstone, EnglandKingfisher Oast is a Grade II listed building forming part of a country estate in the heart of Hollingbourne village.
The oast was used for the storage of hops, and there are cute markings in one of the bedrooms recording the hop pickers activities dating back to the mid 1700s. The cottage has three bedrooms, all ensuite and a lovely sociable open plan living space on the ground floor. A bottle of English wine awaits your arrival.
In the grounds is a shared outdoor heated swimming pool, open in the summer months, and also a shared table tennis table and pool table.There is garden furniture and a charcoal BBQ to enjoy alfresco meals in the garden.
This property can be booked together with Heron Barn(M555051) and Moorhen Cottage (M555100) can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.£129From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Deal, EnglandLeighwood is a beautiful barn conversion set in a large properties grounds, surrounded by beautiful countryside, yet only a 25-minute walk via bridleways away from multiple beaches and St George’s Royal Golf Course. This property is ideal for a couple who enjoy walking, visiting the local villages and towns or just going to the beach.
Within the grounds you have the ability to wander around and enjoy the stunning views surrounding you. A short walk away you have the options of various beaches and towns in Sandwich, Deal, Ramsgate and Dover. With plenty to do in the surrounding area, take your pick or simply enjoy the property and grounds it is set in for a more romantic break. Beach 3 miles.£77From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThis beautifully finished and furnished property is absolutely perfect for a romantic getaway, ramblers or a relaxing peaceful stay. The property is finished to a high standard throughout and offers luxury in a countryside setting. There are many footpaths to choose from, many leading to nearby pubs. The village pub is 2 minutes’ walk away, with another just 1 mile away.
Faversham town centre is only 5 miles away and offers plenty to do from cafés, bars, pubs and restaurants. Faversham also offers very good transport with the high-speed train giving you access to London as well as all surrounding towns and cities. If you are looking for a luxurious break, then this property is a must; you will be booking a return visit before leaving, I assure you.
Larger vehicles may find navigating the narrow driveway a little tricky; there is on-street parking. Large Discoveries/ Range Rovers are able to navigate, with mirrors in!£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Folkestone, EnglandSet in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty at the foot of the North Downs, Beachborough Park has acres of grounds to explore, with views over the surrounding countryside landscape. Keen walkers will revel in the picturesque routes surrounding you, with a friendly local pub just under a mile away. Should you be able to draw yourself away from Beachborough Park, there is so much to see and do within a short drive, from the charming town of Hythe with its pretty military canal, shingled beach and cobbled high street dotted with independent cafés, pubs, and shops, to the vibrant and creative town of Folkestone with sandy beach, bustling Harbour Arm with pop up restaurants and bars, and creative scene with individually owned shops and art galleries. For those who wish to explore further afield, the historic city of Canterbury is within a 30-minute drive, whilst the Channel Tunnel is nearby should a trip to the continent sound appealing.
With views over the surrounding grounds and countryside, The Summer House sits proudly at the heart of the estate, built into the bricked wall of the walled garden beyond, with large south facing windows creating a wonderfully light filled space. With a warming wood burner, the open plan living, and dining room is ideal for meals together, unwinding over a bottle of red together or enjoying a competitive family game in front of the cosy fire. With two spacious bedrooms, offering a comfortable space to rest your head after a day exploring. Outside, the dining area allows you to eat al fresco and fully appreciate the peace, wildlife, and countryside air, open to the grounds of the estate should children want to freely explore. There is fishing available nearby (with day tickets available) and a pub within a mile.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Maidstone, EnglandThis stunning, spacious one-bedroom property is attached to the owner’s main house and has been decorated and furnished in a very stylish luxury manner! Guests also have full access to the shared heated swimming pool at the rear of the property, with fabulous views across the Saxon Way from a very well kept and maintained garden.
This property is a great place to simply turn up and unwind, make use of the pool and comfortable space, go on some nice walks and relax. Alternatively, if you are more adventurous then there are plenty of activities locally or sights to see in all weathers! Enjoy stunning walks and cycle routes along the Saxon Shore coastal routes. Upchurch is a village and civil parish in the Swale district of Kent. It is situated just off the A2 road, between Rainham and Sittingbourne, and offers easy access to surrounding towns/villages such as Maidstone, Canterbury, Whitstable and Faversham. Local to the property is a beautiful wedding venue, a 5-minute walk away. There are a couple of local pubs and a pub/restaurant nearby.£111From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Whitstable, EnglandSituated on a private road in the Chestfield area of Whitstable, within a short 5-minute drive of the beach at Tankerton. Only 2 minutes further away is the heart of vibrant Whitstable with its boutique shops, art galleries and mix of independent cafés, pubs and restaurants gracing the picturesque high street and harbour. Within a 5-minute walk is a friendly local pub and restaurant, and Chestfield golf course on your doorstep, should you want to enjoy a stroll to amenities after a day in the car exploring this beautiful part of Kent.
With two bedrooms, Longtye House is the ideal choice for couples, solo travellers and families looking for a stay on the coast. It has has private parking for your convenience, and a spacious lawn garden with raised dining deck for enjoying meals al fresco together. Beach 2¼ mile. Pub ¼ mile.£141From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Deal, EnglandAn ideal choice for couples, solo travellers, or small families looking for a peaceful base in which to explore this beautiful area, with an enclosed private patio garden for you to relax come evening or to enjoy breakfast together before heading out for the day. Formerly The Honey House was for the owner’s late father, a keen beekeeper, aptly named and with soft furnishings giving a nod to its former use. From the enclosed patio garden step inside the open-plan living area, with a fully equipped kitchen ideal for packing up a lunch for the day or evening meals, a dining table for four, and a comfortable sofa and armchair to relax come the evening. Retreat to the double bedroom after a day of exploring for a restful night’s sleep. Come morning, say hello to your neighbours – the friendly dogs, goats, and pigs that will be sure to greet you as you come and go.
Situated on the outskirts of the village of Eastry, with so many choices of picturesque walking routes surrounding you, and the friendly village pub is a 15-minute walk or 2-minute drive away. The historic, charming town of Sandwich, a 5-minute drive away, is one of the best-preserved medieval towns in Britain, with its pretty streets lined with historic buildings and quaint cottages, set back from, and overlooking the quay, with a choice of independent restaurants, cafés, pubs and individual shops. There are boat trips from Sandwich taking you to marvel at the seals lining the edge of Pegwell Bay Nature Reserve, a real sight to see. For a day at the beach, Sandwich Bay is certainly worth a visit, whilst the shingled beach at Deal is also nearby, within a 15-minute drive; as well as the vibrant, creative centre of Deal, with intriguing art galleries, boutique shops, and excellent eateries. The Honey House really is in an ideal position for exploring much of Kent’s hot spots, coast, and countryside.£51From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Tunbridge Wells, EnglandThe Goat Shed has been built with space and luxury in mind offering the perfect place for a romantic getaway or to unwind and relax; a rural haven now offering peace and tranquillity where once the goats lived. The large sliding doors from the living room look over the countryside onto fields beyond, framing the rural views. A large open plan reception room welcomes you into the space with a wood burner to warm you on those chilly evenings. A fitted kitchen provides a double oven, ceramic hob and fridge/freezer, along with a dishwasher for your convenience. Tucked away in a separate utility room is a washing machine and clothes airer should you need to do laundry after a country walk.
Wide doorways throughout and ramp access to the front of the property mean that everything is wheelchair accessible. The master bedroom provides a kingsize bed along with sumptuous furnishings and a walk-in wardrobe. An en-suite bathroom provides an easily accessible and beautiful large wet room with the addition of grab rails, a drop bar to the toilet and a shower chair if required. A second bedroom offers two single beds, also finished to a high standard, whilst a family bathroom with a bath and shower over provides a relaxing space for the remaining guests. Outside a table and chairs provide a quiet spot for relaxing and listening to the wildlife or looking up at the stars. The Goat Shed also welcomes the furry members of the family with an enclosed garden offering a great space for dogs to explore.
Situated in the village of Hadlow, there are many countryside walks and cycle routes, perfect for ramblers and cyclists alike. Hadlow is a village in the borough of Tonbridge which is in between Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks. The centre of which is a conservation area with many listed buildings alongside a range of shops including pubs and restaurants. On the outskirts of the village is Hadlow College of Agriculture boasting Broadview Gardens within its grounds which offers acres of landscaped gardens and a garden centre, both open to the public.
If you fancy exploring further afield then a trip into Tonbridge provides you with retail therapy, Tonbridge Castle, Oast House Theatre, a trip along the river and even a distillery. There is also a mainline railway station offering access to several towns. London Bridge train and tube, Waterloo East and Charing Cross stations are less than 45 minutes away. If you prefer, you can also head south on the train towards the coast to Hastings to visit the seaside and the historic Old Town. There are many National Trust and English Heritage sites to discover. The Goat Shed really does offer the best of both worlds, a central spot to access lots of attractions for a fun packed holiday or a place to hideaway offering a break from a busy lifestyle.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandEscape to the coast to this idyllically situated beach bungalow, with garden leading directly onto the golden sandy dunes of the beautiful beach at Greatstone. With a landscaped garden, finished with beach pebbles and sleepers, giving it a distinctly beach feel and creating a relaxed environment to unwind, enjoy al fresco dining or simply relaxing, taking in the fresh sea air. Tastefully finished throughout, situated over one floor, The Dunes comfortably sleeps 6 over three bedrooms, sharing in a stylish, contemporary bathroom. The modern kitchen is fully equipped for the chef of the group to cook up a storm. Come evening, the cosy living room offers the perfect place to relax together, leading through patio doors to the garden with sleeper steps leading up to the sandy dunes and beach beyond.
Located on the coast road stretching from Littlestone to Dungeness, The Dunes is in an ideal location for exploring this stunning stretch of coastline. The quaint centre of New Romney offers a choice of eateries to sample, situated within a 5-minute drive, with a couple of restaurants within a few minutes’ walk. Like nowhere else in the UK, neighbouring Dungeness, which can be found within a 5-minute drive, with its 468-acre national nature reserve, offers a truly unique and unspoilt landscape to explore, a nature lover’s paradise with an active birdlife to spot. For those who wish to explore further, the cobbled streets of Rye lie within a 30-minute drive, whilst for family friendly activities the little steam railway and funfair at Dymchurch are popular days out within a short drive – that’s if you can draw yourself away from The Dunes!£291From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ashford, EnglandThe Stables is a recently converted stable block, it is bright and airy comfortably furnished. Set in its owns grounds with a large garden and patio area, including garden furniture, plenty of off road parking. Well-equipped kitchen comfortable lounge area, two separate bedrooms one with en-suite. Surrounded by fields and set in an Area Outstanding Natural Beauty.
There is plenty to do locally with Biddenden Vineyards and Oxney Organic Estate, if wine is your interest, or Sissinghurst Castle or Lashenden Air Warfare and Woodchurch Life Museums are a little more interesting. There is also Rye and Tenterden which are cinque port towns with plenty of interesting history, or there is the lovely Camber sands.
There is a plethora of cuisines to choose from with Indian, Italian, Fish and Chips, Thai and plenty of others, including a few pubs right on your doorstep. If peace and quiet and the countryside is what you are looking for, for your staycation, then look no further.
This property can be booked together with the owners second property in a separate part of their grounds, Blackberry Retreat (ref UK34705) which is suitable for two adults and has it’s personal sauna room en suite, and together providing accommodation for up to 6 guests.£194From price per night based on 7 night stay