Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
- Westbere, EnglandOriginally a farm cottage, part of which dates back to the 1500s and boasts plenty of beams, this delightful holiday destination adjoins the owner’s cottage. Westbere is a preservation area and close to Westbere Lakes, a SSSI. Explore Canterbury with its historical sites and take in a theatrical performance or visit Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales. Whitstable and Herne Bay are about 20 minutes’ drive. Trips to France are possible via the Channel Tunnel and there are good rail services to London. Fishing and golf are available locally. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ashford, EnglandThis pretty self catering holiday cottage in Kent has been renovated to a high standard with oak beams and an open aspect giving it a real feeling of light and space yet with a cosy wood burner to curl up in front of in the colder months. The calm colour scheme and natural coir matting make this a very attractive and charming holiday cottage. A great area for walking, close to the seaside for watersports and Rye for culture, perfect for everyone!
With two beautiful bedrooms nestled in the eaves overlooking open fields and woodland and a living area that opens onto the private garden space, this is a wonderful location to relax and get away from the stresses of daily life, this luxury cottage is perfect for exploring the countryside. Stylishly furnished, this holiday cottage is light and spacious offering a good standard of self catering holiday accommodation. Added to this there is a tennis court which can be used to make your holiday even more fun (by prior arrangement with the owners).£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Maidstone, EnglandKingfisher Oast is a Grade II listed building forming part of a country estate in the heart of Hollingbourne village.
The oast was used for the storage of hops, and there are cute markings in one of the bedrooms recording the hop pickers activities dating back to the mid 1700s. The cottage has three bedrooms, all ensuite and a lovely sociable open plan living space on the ground floor. A bottle of English wine awaits your arrival.
In the grounds is a shared outdoor heated swimming pool, open in the summer months, and also a shared table tennis table and pool table.There is garden furniture and a charcoal BBQ to enjoy alfresco meals in the garden.
M555050, M555051 and M555100 can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.£118From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Deal, EnglandLeighwood is a beautiful barn conversion set in a large properties grounds, surrounded by beautiful countryside, yet only a 25-minute walk via bridleways away from multiple beaches and St George’s Royal Golf Course. This property is ideal for a couple who enjoy walking, visiting the local villages and towns or just going to the beach.
Within the grounds you have the ability to wander around and enjoy the stunning views surrounding you. A short walk away you have the options of various beaches and towns in Sandwich, Deal, Ramsgate and Dover. With plenty to do in the surrounding area, take your pick or simply enjoy the property and grounds it is set in for a more romantic break. Beach 3 miles.£77From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Saint Margarets Bay, EnglandCommanding stunning views across the English Channel, this attractive, spacious, family home for all seasons is the ideal property for a relaxing holiday with both friends or relatives. A decked terrace runs the length of the property, an ideal spot for soaking up the sun or relax after a brisk winter walk in front of a glowing log burner in the cosy living room, overlooking the frothing waves. Four of the six bedrooms have sea views and the other two have attractive garden views. There is also a games room and private hot tub. The white chalk cliff above St Margaret’s Bay is said to be the first place the sun reaches each morning on mainland Britain! The beach is famous for being the closest point to France and is the spot where Channel swimmers begin their marathon 21 mile swim. The village itself offers good pubs, restaurants and local shop within walking distance. The coastal path leads to the famous White Cliffs of Dover, gateway to England and now one of the UK’s protected Heritage coasts offering some of the best cliff coastal walking in the country. The lighthouse is the place where Marconi transmitted his first radio broadcast to France. Closer to France than London, bring a passport, catch a ferry from Dover and visit the French markets in Calais and Boulogne for the day. Visit Dover, Deal and Walmer Castle, Pines Garden and Metropole Galleries Folkestone. Canterbury 17 miles. Golf, sailing, cycling, horse riding locally. Shops and pubs 500 yards.£252From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Acrise, EnglandLocated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty amongst the North Downs within the Elham Valley, enjoy the peace and tranquillity that Ladwood Farm offers. Two holiday apartments in one of the farm buildings provide ground floor and first floor accommodation around their own rural gated courtyard. They are surrounded by fields and farm animals and there are walks in abundance from the doorstep. Explore the local countryside with its ancient rights of way and bridleways, ideal for walkers and for horse riding. They lie just 10 miles from historic Canterbury, and you can take a boat ride on the River Stour, visit the historic cathedral or maybe take in a show. Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, Howletts and Wingham Wildlife Park make great days out. Folkestone is 5 miles and Dover is 8 miles. Visit the Roman Painted House, Dover Castle and the iconic white cliffs. Bring your passport so you can enjoy day trip to France. The Channel Tunnel is close by and the international Eurostar terminal is 15 miles away at Ashford, where you can also go for some retail therapy. Beach 7 miles. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hildenborough, EnglandThis quirky, beamed Victorian barn conversion on different levels makes an ideal holiday destination for families or friends. When the weather is clement, take advantage of the spacious garden and enjoy a barbecue on the terrace or relax indoors in front of the large wood burner and sharpen up your pool skills in the games room. Situated in the Garden of England in the Sevenoaks High Weald, on the edge of the rolling North Downs, this holiday property is ideally placed for visiting a plethora of National Trust properties, including Knole House, set in the only remaining medieval deer park in Kent and also one of the filming locations for ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides’, where the large inner courtyard was filled with gallows. Discover Chartwell, Churchills much loved family home, the 13th century, double-moated Hever Castle, childhood home of Anne Boleyn, Penshurst Place and Chiddingstone Castle, which all offer year-round family themed activities. 7 miles north of Sevenoaks is Lullingstone Roman villa, where guests can have a look at the 4th century underfloor heating in the bathroom. Brands Hatch offers bike or car racing, or experience the circuit yourself on a track day. Pubs, restaurants and leisure facilities, including swimming pools and golf, are all available locally. There are good rail connections to London and the coast, including day trips to the continent, which can be reached in about 1 hour. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£289From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Westgate-on-Sea, EnglandSituated just 200 yards from sandy beaches, this attractive mock-Georgian terraced town house is ideal for a family holiday. Visit Ramsgate and its bustling harbour where you can take a boat trip. Climb the North Foreland lighthouse at Broadstairs, the last lighthouse in the country to be fully automated. play a round of golf or hire bikes and attempt the 28 mile long circular Viking Coastal Trail. Indulge in some oysters at Whitstable or visit the cathedral at Canterbury. There is a leisure centre gym and indoor pool 0.5 miles. Westgate station is close by with connections to London for city sightseeing. Shop, pub, restaurant and beach 200 yards.£55From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Margate, EnglandDating back to 1652, these two properties were originally part of a working dairy farm and offer a wonderful location, next to the owners’ home, in the coastal town of Margate. Farm Cottage (ref W43578) is a quaint, semi-detached, converted farm house comfortably sleeping 4 guests, and has been renovated to a good standard. Guests can enjoy access to a good-sized garden, an open plan living/dining room and a well-equipped kitchen, as well as a small chalk cave which is characteristic of the area and which the owners’ are happy to show guests around.
Stable Cottage (ref UKC3922), complete with its own stable door, adjoins the owners’ converted farmhouse and is ideally suited to couples. This holiday cottage was renovated in 2018 to a good standard, retaining some original features including an exposed wall in the living room. Guests can enjoy access to a garden at the front of the cottage.
A short stroll from the properties will take you into the coastal town of Margate where local attractions include the famous Turner Gallery, Margate Old Town and Shell Grotto. Catch a band at the Winter Gardens or hop on a retro ride at Dreamland. Take a boat trip and spot seals on the sandbanks, or cycle the Viking Coastal Trail, one of the most attractive leisure cycle routes in Kent, covering 27 miles. A short drive will take you to Broadstairs, home to Viking Bay, with several fantastic walks, or why not visit Ramsgate Royal Harbour? Broadstairs Folk Week takes place on the first weekend in August every year and it is only a 20-minute bus ride from the cottage. Don’t miss out on a trip to the historic city of Canterbury, with its dominating city walls and incredible cathedral. Stable Cottage and Farm Cottage deliver a coastal destination all year round, offering lots of heritage and culture to discover and explore. Beach ½ mile. Shop ¼ mile, pub and restaurant 200 yards.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 6 guests.£104From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Sturry, EnglandIdeally situated for exploring Canterbury and the surrounding countryside, this holiday property is a completely self contained part of the owner’s home in a residential area approximately 3 miles from the city centre, but with rural views from the bedroom windows and patio. Take the bus or train to Canterbury and visit the cathedral. Enjoy a boat ride on the River Stour or explore the city’s old quarter, with its restaurants and shops. At Whitstable, a 20-minute drive, sample the famous oysters. Spot seals off the coast at Herne Bay or visit the Stodmarsh National Nature Reserve. Beach 7 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 0.25 miles.£53From price per night based on 7 night stay