Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
- Ashford, EnglandThis pretty self catering holiday cottage in Kent has been renovated to a high standard with oak beams and an open aspect giving it a real feeling of light and space yet with a cosy wood burner to curl up in front of in the colder months. The calm colour scheme and natural coir matting make this a very attractive and charming holiday cottage. A great area for walking, close to the seaside for watersports and Rye for culture, perfect for everyone!
With two beautiful bedrooms nestled in the eaves overlooking open fields and woodland and a living area that opens onto the private garden space, this is a wonderful location to relax and get away from the stresses of daily life, this luxury cottage is perfect for exploring the countryside. Stylishly furnished, this holiday cottage is light and spacious offering a good standard of self catering holiday accommodation. Added to this there is a tennis court which can be used to make your holiday even more fun (by prior arrangement with the owners).£68From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Westbere, EnglandOriginally a farm cottage, part of which dates back to the 1500s and boasts plenty of beams, this delightful holiday destination adjoins the owner’s cottage. Westbere is a preservation area and close to Westbere Lakes, a SSSI. Explore Canterbury with its historical sites and take in a theatrical performance or visit Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales. Whitstable and Herne Bay are about 20 minutes’ drive. Trips to France are possible via the Channel Tunnel and there are good rail services to London. Fishing and golf are available locally. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£50From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Maidstone, EnglandKingfisher Oast is a Grade II listed building forming part of a country estate in the heart of Hollingbourne village.
The oast was used for the storage of hops, and there are cute markings in one of the bedrooms recording the hop pickers activities dating back to the mid 1700s. The cottage has three bedrooms, all ensuite and a lovely sociable open plan living space on the ground floor. A bottle of English wine awaits your arrival.
In the grounds is a shared outdoor heated swimming pool, open in the summer months, and also a shared table tennis table and pool table.There is garden furniture and a charcoal BBQ to enjoy alfresco meals in the garden.
This property can be booked together with Heron Barn(M555051) and Moorhen Cottage (M555100) can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.£129From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Deal, EnglandLeighwood is a beautiful barn conversion set in a large properties grounds, surrounded by beautiful countryside, yet only a 25-minute walk via bridleways away from multiple beaches and St George’s Royal Golf Course. This property is ideal for a couple who enjoy walking, visiting the local villages and towns or just going to the beach.
Within the grounds you have the ability to wander around and enjoy the stunning views surrounding you. A short walk away you have the options of various beaches and towns in Sandwich, Deal, Ramsgate and Dover. With plenty to do in the surrounding area, take your pick or simply enjoy the property and grounds it is set in for a more romantic break. Beach 3 miles.£77From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandLocated in the historic town of Faversham, within the conservation area of the abbey, and as such, has been noted as one of the finest examples of a medieval street in Britain, where antique and craft shops, quaint tea rooms and old English pubs are in abundance.
The side door of this property opens straight into the cosy lounge with comfy sofas that you can curl up on in front of the wood burner and enjoy catching up on your favourite programmes on the Smart TV. From the lounge, walk through to the formal dining room with a dining table and seating for six before entering the light and bright kitchen/dining room with two sets of French doors out into the garden. The kitchen/diner offers everything you’ll need for whipping up delicious meals with an electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. While cooking, chefs can chat to other guests sitting at the large farmhouse table in the dining area, where there is also a Smart TV. A traditional Rayburn keeps the kitchen warm and toasty and is the perfect spot for your four-legged friend to curl up in front of. There is also a small library with an ample supply of reading material to keep you going whilst you curl up in front of the open fire on a chilly evening. The ground floor is completed with a shower room with shower and toilet. Stairs from between the dining room and library lead up to the first floor where there are three bedrooms, a spacious kingsize with an en-suite bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet and two double bedrooms. Completing the first floor is the bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet.
Take a stroll to the nearby brewery and tour one of England’s oldest breweries before sampling the delights at the home of the world’s largest fruit collection; there are also lots of dog walks around the area. The excitements of Canterbury are not far away, and the wildlife rich ’Oare Wildlife Marshes’ is also within easy reach. Closer still is the pretty town of Whitstable, famed for its oysters and safe swimming spots and plentiful water sports.£84From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Folkestone, EnglandNestled in the heart of the vibrant seaside town of Folkestone, a coastal gem in Kent, The Garden House offers an ideal retreat for friends, couples, and families seeking quality time together. This home away from home is tastefully finished, prioritizing your comfort, and surprises with its deceptively spacious interiors, featuring high ceilings and period fireplaces that add to its charm. Light and airy throughout, the house is a welcoming space where memories are made. As evening falls, gather in the cosy living room to plan your upcoming days, while the designated chef prepares a culinary storm in the light-filled, fully equipped kitchen.
The adjoining dining room provides the perfect setting for enjoying memorable meals together. With four bedrooms generously spread across two floors, along with a sofa bed, there’s ample room for a party of ten. Bedroom 4 offers a single bed with an additional single pull-out bed—a versatile space that can be configured as two singles or a double bed. Step outside into the large, enclosed lawn garden—a haven for young families and pets to run free or a serene spot to savor the fresh sea air with alfresco meals.
The Garden House is strategically located for exploring Folkestone’s coastal delights or venturing further into the picturesque county. A mere 5-minute drive or a leisurely 20-minute walk takes you to the heart of Folkestone, and easy access to the A20 leads you to Canterbury and Dover. Folkestone, a vibrant coastal town, offers a stretch of sandy beach, the Creative Quarter with its cobbled old high street adorned with independent shops, art galleries, cafés, and restaurants. Stroll along scenic Lea’s promenade, and explore the fantastic harbor with its pop-up restaurants, bars, and live music—an epitome of Kent’s coastal allure. Conveniently situated within an hour from London by train, The Garden House is perfect for those who wish to visit the city or escape the hustle and bustle for a breath of fresh seaside air. Whether you’re looking for relaxation or adventure, this coastal haven welcomes you with open arms.£178From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Margate, EnglandThis period property was an old forge and the owners have furnished the property with antiques and furniture suited for the property. The house is quite simply a traditional village house with character and charm. St Nicholas is located between Herne Bay and Birchington which gives easy quick transport to all the surrounding villages and towns such as Margate, Broadstairs, Sandwich, Whitstable, Canterbury and so on.
St Nicholas is a small, characterful village in the Isle of Thanet in Kent. It comprises some 800-odd people, with a post office/general stores, primary school, village hall, sports pavilion, church (and an ancient underground chapel), brewery, two pubs, and several farms. The name probably derives from the fact that the church is dedicated to St Nicholas as the patron saint of sailors, and the fact that there used to be a channel one had to cross (although not by "wading" until quite recent times) to get to the mainland. This channel was once over a mile wide, guarded at either side by the Roman forts of Reculver and Richborough, but has now dwindled to two small rivers, the Wantsum/Wansum and the Stour. Some parts of the village still contain the remains of Roman shipbuilding sites. The Norman church dates from the 13th century, and there are remains of earlier buildings too. Beach 4½ miles.£191From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Tunbridge Wells, EnglandIdyllically situated in the heart of the Weald, this countryside retreat is the perfect choice for large families, couples and friends looking to come together for a peaceful break in the Kent countryside. Set in the most beautiful grounds, West Winds sprawling, enclosed gardens will be the ideal haven for four legged friends and adventurous children to explore, or to simply relax and take in the countryside air.
Come summer, the solar heated overground pool, available from June-August, and the table tennis will be sure to prove a hit with for all ages. After a day of exploring the surrounding countryside, memorable meals and barbecues in the garden will be the perfect way to end the day. Beautifully and recently refurbished, a fully equipped, modern kitchen awaits, with a choice of sitting areas with the main living room leading through to a cinema snug, and through French doors to a summer room overlooking the garden. The dining room is ideal for dinner parties, or for a competitive game of pool with the dining table cleverly converting into a pool table. With four spacious bedrooms to rest your head and fall into a deep slumber after a fun-filled day in the garden or exploring the Weald, each looking out over the beautiful gardens.
Situated on the outskirts of the quaint and historic village of Benenden, in the heart of the Weald, with a choice of locally renowned pubs within 5-10 minutes’ drive. The quintessential market of Cranbrook lies within a 5-minute drive, it’s pretty streets and alleys lined with independent shops and boutiques, and a choice of eateries, with equally pretty Hawkhurst and Tenterden also a short drive away.
With endless activities locally, from Bedgebury Pinetum and Scotney Castle Gardens to Sissinghurst Castle Gardens. Please note: In the front garden there is a small shallow pond, which in summer is beautiful with lily-pads flowering on it, it is a great place for some nature spotting.£224From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Maidstone, EnglandBrimming with character throughout, from the exposed brick inglenooks, wood beamed ceilings and walls, to the chocolate box windows. Inside, views over the surrounding countryside can be enjoyed from every window- to the front watch ponies grazing the paddock, whilst wild rabbits can be seen exploring the meadow behind the cottage. The cosy living and dining room features a warming wood burner at the heart, set into an impressive inglenook fireplace, offering the perfect spot for unwinding, with velvet sofa, armchair, cushions and linen adding vibrant pops of colour, leading through to a modern and well-equipped kitchen.
With three bedrooms split over two floors, the cottage provides the ideal retreat for both couples, friends and family looking for a countryside break, with twin, single and master super-king bedroom with sumptuous four poster bed to sink into after a day of exploring. Come morning, why not go and say hello to the owner’s friendly chickens, with eggs waiting at the cottage on your arrival for you to enjoy. Outside, the enclosed patio garden with furniture for dining al-fresco leads through a gate to the enclosed lawn garden – the ideal space for children to play and dogs to roam.
Set within the owner’s 6-acre estate, the meadow beyond; accessed through a gate from the cottage garden, with aptly placed bench offering the perfect spot for watching the sun go down, whilst the private woods are waiting to be explored. Surrounded by rolling countryside, picturesque walks are on your doorstep, with a 20-minute walk leading you through to the village of Boxley with pretty church and locally renowned pub (suggested to book in advance), whilst in the other direction is the village of Detling, set on the slope of the North Downs with friendly pub at the heart. Within easy each of the A249, exploring Kent couldn’t be easier, with historic Canterbury, the pretty market town of Faversham and the Whitstable coastline within a 30-minute drive, whilst the beautiful parkland and gardens of Leeds Castle are just a 10-minute drive away.£67From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Broadstairs, EnglandLocated within the heart of Broadstairs and with easy access to the beach at the end of the road, this stylish and well-designed holiday cottage is a fantastic seaside getaway for larger families. Nestled in the pretty town of Broadstairs with its wide range of independent shops, pubs, and restaurants and with the beautiful beach at Stone Bay located at the end of the road, this cottage is ideal for a large family getaway. The cottage is within easy reach of the nearby towns of Margate with the recently restored Dreamland theme park and Tuner Contemporary Gallery, Ramsgate, where you can watch the sailing boats moor up in the Marina and the historic city of Canterbury known for great shopping and Canterbury Cathedral. For keen walkers and cyclists there is a wide range of cycle and footpaths on the doorstep, making this is the perfect base for couples and families looking to escape it all.
Step into the light and bright hallway with space for dropping off shoes and coats and head through into the spacious kitchen/dining room. The kitchen is equipped with everything you’ll need for creating delicious family meals, relax at the dining table with seating for all and enjoy sociable family mealtimes overlooking the garden. The ground floor also offers a cloakroom with toilet and a cosy playroom with a sofa bed, Smart TV and ample toys and board games to keep the little ones entertained whilst the adults are preparing meals. A beautiful oak staircase leads you to the first floor living room with a balcony and views down to the sea. The large ultra-HD 4K Smart TV and the wireless surround sound system turns the living room into a cinema with large corner sofa seating. There is also a table and chair set on the balcony and a rocking chair for those lazy, carefree evenings. This floor offers the first of the bedrooms: a super kingsize with Smart TV, views down to the sea and a wet room with a walk-in shower. The first floor is completed with a separate toilet. A further set of stairs takes you up to the second floor where there are another three bedrooms, all with Smart TVs and views out to sea: a super kingsize with sofa bed, a kingsize and a bunk bedroom. Completing this floor is the bathroom with a bath with a shower over and toilet. Patio doors from the kitchen lead out to a generous sized garden with grass and a patio area, 7-seater hot tub, table and chairs set including egg chairs, and a toddlers’ picnic bench set with parasol. A huge cantilever parasol provides shade when needed and beautiful Moroccan solar lights welcome you in the evening light. An outdoor tap and hose, as well as rear gated access, is perfect for returning from the sands of neighbouring Viking Bay and Stone Bay. The garden area is also home to a converted garage games room, hosting an array of traditional and electronic delights, a 7ft pool table, air hockey, table tennis, basketball shoot-out, arcade games, pinball machine, and an assortment of garden and beach games. A bar area, stools and fridge are also provided; leaving little reason to retreat until it’s finally bedtime. Beach 100 yards.£351From price per night based on 7 night stay