Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
- Folkestone, EnglandSet in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty at the foot of the North Downs, Beachborough Park has acres of grounds to explore, with views over the surrounding countryside landscape. Keen walkers will revel in the picturesque routes surrounding you, with a friendly local pub just under a mile away. Should you be able to draw yourself away from Beachborough Park, there is so much to see and do within a short drive, from the charming town of Hythe with its pretty military canal, shingled beach and cobbled high street dotted with independent cafés, pubs, and shops, to the vibrant and creative town of Folkestone with sandy beach, bustling Harbour Arm with pop up restaurants and bars, and creative scene with individually owned shops and art galleries. For those who wish to explore further afield, the historic city of Canterbury is within a 30-minute drive, whilst the Channel Tunnel is nearby should a trip to the continent sound appealing.
With views over the surrounding grounds and countryside, The Summer House sits proudly at the heart of the estate, built into the bricked wall of the walled garden beyond, with large south facing windows creating a wonderfully light filled space. With a warming wood burner, the open plan living, and dining room is ideal for meals together, unwinding over a bottle of red together or enjoying a competitive family game in front of the cosy fire. With two spacious bedrooms, offering a comfortable space to rest your head after a day exploring. Outside, the dining area allows you to eat al fresco and fully appreciate the peace, wildlife, and countryside air, open to the grounds of the estate should children want to freely explore. There is fishing available nearby (with day tickets available) and a pub within a mile.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Tunbridge Wells, EnglandWith far reaching views over the surrounding countryside, this quaint, boutique, character cottage idyllically sits in the beautiful village of Goudhurst. Steeped in history with a choice of three renowned local pubs within walking distance, a friendly tearoom, shops and bakery, this historic village is the ideal location for a wonderful stay in the Kent countryside. With plenty to do and see on your doorstep, nearby Bedgebury National Pinetum, Sissinghurst Castle Garden and Scotney Castle are all within equal distance, a 10- minute drive away, or simply explore the surrounding countryside on foot.
The cosy wood burner is an enviable feature during the winter months, or, during summer, wander through the stylishly refurbished kitchen to the enclosed courtyard for a glass of something cool. Beautifully finished, the master bedroom could quite easily be compared to a boutique hotel, with tones of grey from the wallpaper, the warming yellow throw and exquisitely embroidered cushions tastefully styled together. You will enjoy the views through the shuttered windows out across the churchyard beyond. As you ascend to the second floor, glimpse out over the rooftop to the views of green fields, which are at their best from the delightful second bedroom. This bedroom is ideally situated, complete with a telescope ideally placed for you to fully appreciate the countryside backdrop, or for star gazing in the evening, through the Velux windows.
This idyllically situated, character cottage is the perfect countryside retreat with everything you could need on your doorstep, and ideally placed for touring this beautiful part of Kent.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Dover, EnglandThese delightful, single-storey cottages are located on the outskirts of Alkham, a quaint countryside village in Kent. Consisting of three cottages, Horseshoe Cottage (ref UKC410), Dairy Cottage (ref UKC409) and Saddler’s Cottage (ref UKC408), this is a great location for families and friends to enjoy a fun filled holiday in the Kentish country. Decorated and furnished to a good standard, all the cottages feature Wi-Fi, comfortable living accommodation and each cottage has an enclosed, private garden with patio. Saddlers Cottage and Dairy Cottage also have the additional benefit of hot tubs to enjoy all year round.
There is a vast array of walks and cycling routes around the area, guests are welcome to bring bikes and store them in the cycle storage area. Attractions in Kent include the famous city of Canterbury, boasting a stunning cathedral, dominant city walls, boutique shops, bars and restaurants. Take a ferry trip over to France from Dover to Calais, or by train from Ashford through the Channel Tunnel, and enjoy sightseeing. Dover Castle sits proudly overlooking the town and is well worth a visit. Known as the ‘Key to England’, the castle boasts 2000 years of history and includes a Roman lighthouse, Saxon church and a Norman keep. Travel up the coast to the fishing town of Deal and sample fish and chips on the promenade or enjoy a stroll at Viking Bay in Broadstairs. Beach 4 miles. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
Saddler’s Cottage (UKC408) can be booked together with Dairy Cottage (UKC409) and Horseshoe Cottage (UKC410) to accommodate up to 10 guests.£105From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Tunbridge Wells, EnglandWelcome to your cosy retreat in the beautiful heart of Edenbridge. This charming two-bedroom converted stables with a walled garden and patio is the perfect haven for your break, offering a delightful blend of comfort and convenience. Set back from the road behind gates and with a gravel courtyard, this property provides plenty of character. Step through the front door and you are greeted by a warm and inviting living space, tastefully decorated with soothing colour schemes.
The open-plan living and dining area creates a spacious atmosphere, providing the ideal setting for relaxation after a day of exploring the picturesque surroundings. The well-equipped kitchen invites you to channel your inner chef, boasting modern appliances and ample counter space. Prepare delicious meals and dine together at the stylish dining table, creating lasting memories with family or friends.
When it’s time to unwind, retreat to one of the two thoughtfully designed bedrooms. This house is a tranquil haven, furnished with comfortable bedding and plenty of storage space for your belongings.
One of the standout features of this holiday home is the convenience it offers. Forget about the hassle of parking, as the property comes with designated parking space, providing secure and stress-free accommodation for your vehicle. Additionally, stay connected with loved ones or share your holiday experiences with the complimentary Wi-Fi, available throughout the property.
The incredible location of this property only 5 minutes’ walk from a railway station, and 15 minutes from the M25 will allow you to explore far and wide. Situated close to both Winston Churchill’s home at Chartwell and Anne Boleyns childhood home at Hever Castle, your holiday home invites you to explore the rich tapestry of local history and natural beauty. Immerse yourself in the lush landscapes of Limpsfield Chart woods, Ashdown Forest, or take a stroll along the River Eden, all within easy reach. Eat and shop in Edenbridge, Oxted, Westerham or Lingfield - all of which are within 10 minutes’ drive. Take in local sporting attractions such as Lingfield Racecourse or water sports at Bough Beech reservoir. Get the train to London, Tonbridge, Gatwick or the south coast from one of Edenbridge’s 2 railway stations, one of which is a 5-minute walk from The Stables.
Whether you’re seeking a romantic getaway or a family-friendly retreat, this two-bedroom holiday home in Edenbridge with parking and Wi-Fi is the ideal choice for an unforgettable break. Book your stay now and make the most of your time in this enchanting corner of the world!£84From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Tunbridge Wells, EnglandThe Goat Shed has been built with space and luxury in mind offering the perfect place for a romantic getaway or to unwind and relax; a rural haven now offering peace and tranquillity where once the goats lived. The large sliding doors from the living room look over the countryside onto fields beyond, framing the rural views. A large open plan reception room welcomes you into the space with a wood burner to warm you on those chilly evenings. A fitted kitchen provides a double oven, ceramic hob and fridge/freezer, along with a dishwasher for your convenience. Tucked away in a separate utility room is a washing machine and clothes airer should you need to do laundry after a country walk.
Wide doorways throughout and ramp access to the front of the property mean that everything is wheelchair accessible. The master bedroom provides a kingsize bed along with sumptuous furnishings and a walk-in wardrobe. An en-suite bathroom provides an easily accessible and beautiful large wet room with the addition of grab rails, a drop bar to the toilet and a shower chair if required. A second bedroom offers two single beds, also finished to a high standard, whilst a family bathroom with a bath and shower over provides a relaxing space for the remaining guests. Outside a table and chairs provide a quiet spot for relaxing and listening to the wildlife or looking up at the stars. The Goat Shed also welcomes the furry members of the family with an enclosed garden offering a great space for dogs to explore.
Situated in the village of Hadlow, there are many countryside walks and cycle routes, perfect for ramblers and cyclists alike. Hadlow is a village in the borough of Tonbridge which is in between Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks. The centre of which is a conservation area with many listed buildings alongside a range of shops including pubs and restaurants. On the outskirts of the village is Hadlow College of Agriculture boasting Broadview Gardens within its grounds which offers acres of landscaped gardens and a garden centre, both open to the public.
If you fancy exploring further afield then a trip into Tonbridge provides you with retail therapy, Tonbridge Castle, Oast House Theatre, a trip along the river and even a distillery. There is also a mainline railway station offering access to several towns. London Bridge train and tube, Waterloo East and Charing Cross stations are less than 45 minutes away. If you prefer, you can also head south on the train towards the coast to Hastings to visit the seaside and the historic Old Town. There are many National Trust and English Heritage sites to discover. The Goat Shed really does offer the best of both worlds, a central spot to access lots of attractions for a fun packed holiday or a place to hideaway offering a break from a busy lifestyle.£91From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Whitstable, EnglandThis two bedroom beach front lodge is located in Seasalter, Whitstable with stunning sea views from the back of the house. The wild, coastal garden (with secure gate and Hazel fencing for your dogs) leads on to the beach garden, with fire pit and Adirondack chairs, perfectly angled for star gazing.
Seasalter is a popular holiday destination due to the long stretches of beach and lovely walks and cycle routes along the coast.
Thyme and Tide, renovated in 2022 to a very good standard, is the ideal property for family holidays or just chilling out with the dogs. With great original artwork, many pieces sourced locally, comfortable slouchy couches and a large dining area for entertaining. The lodge is a home from home.
The village of Seasalter can be found on the north coast of Kent, facing the Isle of Sheppey across the mouth of the River Swale. It is located five miles north of historic Canterbury, between Whitstable and Faversham.
Seasalter, as it name implies, was an important centre for the production of salt as far back as the Iron Age and it was raided by Vikings due to its prosperity. By 1086 it was recorded in the Domesday Book as belonging to the "kitchen of the Archbishop" of Canterbury. At the western end of the village on the Faversham Road the local pub is like a welcoming lighthouse as visitors approach across the flat marshes. There has been an inn there since 1642. Beach 10 yards.£109From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Maidstone, EnglandFor those looking for a peaceful break, Willow is the perfect choice for either a couple or a family. Enjoy unwinding in a quiet spot to read a book or a family walk with the dog across the beautiful North Downs. This semi-detached, single-storey cottags is situated in the village of Harrietsham with local amenities including a convenience store, pub and restaurant. You will marvel at the beauty that surrounds you here while you spend leisurely time in the shared garden within the owner’s grounds, watching their alpacas, chickens, horse, sheep and pig. Inside, Willow carries on with its rural charm with exposed beams and oak wood flooring. There are two comfortable bedrooms sleeping four guests, and a wheelchair accessible wet room with shower seat.
Willow boasts a wonderful location. The stunning Leeds Castle is just a mile away offering a fabulous day out exploring the castle and gardens, family maze, children’s play area, restaurants and Go Ape. You can easily reach the north and south Kent coastline by car. Some of the favourite spots are the much loved seaside town of Whitstable, famous for oysters and Dymchurch and Hythe offering the light railway to Dungeness. Visit Howletts Wild Animal Park in the north, and Port Lympne Wildlife Park in the south. Hever Castle and Dover Castle are also worth a day out. Shop and restaurant 1 mile, pub 1½ miles.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay