Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
- EnglandLocated in the historic town of Faversham, within the conservation area of the abbey, and as such, has been noted as one of the finest examples of a medieval street in Britain, where antique and craft shops, quaint tea rooms and old English pubs are in abundance.
The side door of this property opens straight into the cosy lounge with comfy sofas that you can curl up on in front of the wood burner and enjoy catching up on your favourite programmes on the Smart TV. From the lounge, walk through to the formal dining room with a dining table and seating for six before entering the light and bright kitchen/dining room with two sets of French doors out into the garden. The kitchen/diner offers everything you’ll need for whipping up delicious meals with an electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. While cooking, chefs can chat to other guests sitting at the large farmhouse table in the dining area, where there is also a Smart TV. A traditional Rayburn keeps the kitchen warm and toasty and is the perfect spot for your four-legged friend to curl up in front of. There is also a small library with an ample supply of reading material to keep you going whilst you curl up in front of the open fire on a chilly evening. The ground floor is completed with a shower room with shower and toilet. Stairs from between the dining room and library lead up to the first floor where there are three bedrooms, a spacious kingsize with an en-suite bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet and two double bedrooms. Completing the first floor is the bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet.
Take a stroll to the nearby brewery and tour one of England’s oldest breweries before sampling the delights at the home of the world’s largest fruit collection; there are also lots of dog walks around the area. The excitements of Canterbury are not far away, and the wildlife rich ’Oare Wildlife Marshes’ is also within easy reach. Closer still is the pretty town of Whitstable, famed for its oysters and safe swimming spots and plentiful water sports.£167From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Folkestone, EnglandSet in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty at the foot of the North Downs, Beachborough Park has acres of grounds to explore, with views over the surrounding countryside landscape. Keen walkers will revel in the picturesque routes surrounding you, with a friendly local pub just under a mile away. Should you be able to draw yourself away from Beachborough Park, there is so much to see and do within a short drive, from the charming town of Hythe with its pretty military canal, shingled beach and cobbled high street dotted with independent cafés, pubs, and shops, to the vibrant and creative town of Folkestone with sandy beach, bustling Harbour Arm with pop up restaurants and bars, and creative scene with individually owned shops and art galleries. For those who wish to explore further afield, the historic city of Canterbury is within a 30-minute drive, whilst the Channel Tunnel is nearby should a trip to the continent sound appealing.
With views over the surrounding grounds and countryside, The Summer House sits proudly at the heart of the estate, built into the bricked wall of the walled garden beyond, with large south facing windows creating a wonderfully light filled space. With a warming wood burner, the open plan living, and dining room is ideal for meals together, unwinding over a bottle of red together or enjoying a competitive family game in front of the cosy fire. With two spacious bedrooms, offering a comfortable space to rest your head after a day exploring. Outside, the dining area allows you to eat al fresco and fully appreciate the peace, wildlife, and countryside air, open to the grounds of the estate should children want to freely explore. There is fishing available nearby (with day tickets available) and a pub within a mile.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Deal, EnglandLeighwood is a beautiful barn conversion set in a large properties grounds, surrounded by beautiful countryside, yet only a 25-minute walk via bridleways away from multiple beaches and St George’s Royal Golf Course. This property is ideal for a couple who enjoy walking, visiting the local villages and towns or just going to the beach.
Within the grounds you have the ability to wander around and enjoy the stunning views surrounding you. A short walk away you have the options of various beaches and towns in Sandwich, Deal, Ramsgate and Dover. With plenty to do in the surrounding area, take your pick or simply enjoy the property and grounds it is set in for a more romantic break. Beach 3 miles.£77From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ashford, EnglandThis pretty self catering holiday cottage in Kent has been renovated to a high standard with oak beams and an open aspect giving it a real feeling of light and space yet with a cosy wood burner to curl up in front of in the colder months. The calm colour scheme and natural coir matting make this a very attractive and charming holiday cottage. A great area for walking, close to the seaside for watersports and Rye for culture, perfect for everyone!
With two beautiful bedrooms nestled in the eaves overlooking open fields and woodland and a living area that opens onto the private garden space, this is a wonderful location to relax and get away from the stresses of daily life, this luxury cottage is perfect for exploring the countryside. Stylishly furnished, this holiday cottage is light and spacious offering a good standard of self catering holiday accommodation. Added to this there is a tennis court which can be used to make your holiday even more fun (by prior arrangement with the owners).£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Tunbridge Wells, EnglandWith far reaching views over the surrounding countryside, this quaint, boutique, character cottage idyllically sits in the beautiful village of Goudhurst. Steeped in history with a choice of three renowned local pubs within walking distance, a friendly tearoom, shops and bakery, this historic village is the ideal location for a wonderful stay in the Kent countryside. With plenty to do and see on your doorstep, nearby Bedgebury National Pinetum, Sissinghurst Castle Garden and Scotney Castle are all within equal distance, a 10- minute drive away, or simply explore the surrounding countryside on foot.
The cosy wood burner is an enviable feature during the winter months, or, during summer, wander through the stylishly refurbished kitchen to the enclosed courtyard for a glass of something cool. Beautifully finished, the master bedroom could quite easily be compared to a boutique hotel, with tones of grey from the wallpaper, the warming yellow throw and exquisitely embroidered cushions tastefully styled together. You will enjoy the views through the shuttered windows out across the churchyard beyond. As you ascend to the second floor, glimpse out over the rooftop to the views of green fields, which are at their best from the delightful second bedroom. This bedroom is ideally situated, complete with a telescope ideally placed for you to fully appreciate the countryside backdrop, or for star gazing in the evening, through the Velux windows.
This idyllically situated, character cottage is the perfect countryside retreat with everything you could need on your doorstep, and ideally placed for touring this beautiful part of Kent.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Margate, EnglandDreamers View is the true ’seasoning’ of Margate, a welcoming and contemporary coastal base for visiting the Turner Contemporary, Dreamland Margate, sandy beaches and sparkling bays. Facing the Lido, from your window seat you can dream away, watch the Turner skies in the sunset, trail the kite flyers on the sand and out at sea. A beautiful sight to see. Here chic eateries, galleries, tempting vintage, retro shops and cool cafes go hand in hand with traditional seaside pleasures like candy floss stands, fish and chip shops and seafood stalls. You are spoilt for choice.
After years of being lovingly restored by its current owners, this apartment has been rejuvenated and is ready to rock & roll and contribute to Margate’s cultural and artistic revival. Polished wooden floors, a beautiful spacious kitchen/dining area, the luxury of two bathrooms, are there all for you to enjoy. The expansive open plan living and dining area lead straight onto the lovely secluded terrace and on a glorious sunny day you could just imagine being in the Mediterranean!
A choice of 3 lovely bedrooms on the top floor provide you with a well deserved rest after exploring bays, beaches and enjoying thrills at Dreamland Margate. A soak in the roll-top bath will prepare you for another day in JW Turner’s favourite part of the world.
The owners have a great relationship with two trendy restaurants in Margate and as guests you will receive a special discount at both.
Margate fizzes, it’s exciting, it’s energising and you’re invited to join the ride!£90From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Maidstone, EnglandKingfisher Oast is a Grade II listed building forming part of a country estate in the heart of Hollingbourne village.
The oast was used for the storage of hops, and there are cute markings in one of the bedrooms recording the hop pickers activities dating back to the mid 1700s. The cottage has three bedrooms, all ensuite and a lovely sociable open plan living space on the ground floor. A bottle of English wine awaits your arrival.
In the grounds is a shared outdoor heated swimming pool, open in the summer months, and also a shared table tennis table and pool table.There is garden furniture and a charcoal BBQ to enjoy alfresco meals in the garden.
This property can be booked together with Heron Barn(M555051) and Moorhen Cottage (M555100) can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.£138From price per night based on 7 night stay