Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
- Westbere, EnglandOriginally a farm cottage, part of which dates back to the 1500s and boasts plenty of beams, this delightful holiday destination adjoins the owner’s cottage. Westbere is a preservation area and close to Westbere Lakes, a SSSI. Explore Canterbury with its historical sites and take in a theatrical performance or visit Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales. Whitstable and Herne Bay are about 20 minutes’ drive. Trips to France are possible via the Channel Tunnel and there are good rail services to London. Fishing and golf are available locally. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ashford, EnglandThis pretty self catering holiday cottage in Kent has been renovated to a high standard with oak beams and an open aspect giving it a real feeling of light and space yet with a cosy wood burner to curl up in front of in the colder months. The calm colour scheme and natural coir matting make this a very attractive and charming holiday cottage. A great area for walking, close to the seaside for watersports and Rye for culture, perfect for everyone!
With two beautiful bedrooms nestled in the eaves overlooking open fields and woodland and a living area that opens onto the private garden space, this is a wonderful location to relax and get away from the stresses of daily life, this luxury cottage is perfect for exploring the countryside. Stylishly furnished, this holiday cottage is light and spacious offering a good standard of self catering holiday accommodation. Added to this there is a tennis court which can be used to make your holiday even more fun (by prior arrangement with the owners).£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Tunbridge Wells, EnglandWith far reaching views over the surrounding countryside, this quaint, boutique, character cottage idyllically sits in the beautiful village of Goudhurst. Steeped in history with a choice of three renowned local pubs within walking distance, a friendly tearoom, shops and bakery, this historic village is the ideal location for a wonderful stay in the Kent countryside. With plenty to do and see on your doorstep, nearby Bedgebury National Pinetum, Sissinghurst Castle Garden and Scotney Castle are all within equal distance, a 10- minute drive away, or simply explore the surrounding countryside on foot.
The cosy wood burner is an enviable feature during the winter months, or, during summer, wander through the stylishly refurbished kitchen to the enclosed courtyard for a glass of something cool. Beautifully finished, the master bedroom could quite easily be compared to a boutique hotel, with tones of grey from the wallpaper, the warming yellow throw and exquisitely embroidered cushions tastefully styled together. You will enjoy the views through the shuttered windows out across the churchyard beyond. As you ascend to the second floor, glimpse out over the rooftop to the views of green fields, which are at their best from the delightful second bedroom. This bedroom is ideally situated, complete with a telescope ideally placed for you to fully appreciate the countryside backdrop, or for star gazing in the evening, through the Velux windows.
This idyllically situated, character cottage is the perfect countryside retreat with everything you could need on your doorstep, and ideally placed for touring this beautiful part of Kent.£87From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Maidstone, EnglandKingfisher Oast is a Grade II listed building forming part of a country estate in the heart of Hollingbourne village.
The oast was used for the storage of hops, and there are cute markings in one of the bedrooms recording the hop pickers activities dating back to the mid 1700s. The cottage has three bedrooms, all ensuite and a lovely sociable open plan living space on the ground floor. A bottle of English wine awaits your arrival.
In the grounds is a shared outdoor heated swimming pool, open in the summer months, and also a shared table tennis table and pool table.There is garden furniture and a charcoal BBQ to enjoy alfresco meals in the garden.
M555050, M555051 and M555100 can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.£118From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Margate, EnglandDreamers View is the true ’seasoning’ of Margate, a welcoming and contemporary coastal base for visiting the Turner Contemporary, Dreamland Margate, sandy beaches and sparkling bays. Facing the Lido, from your window seat you can dream away, watch the Turner skies in the sunset, trail the kite flyers on the sand and out at sea. A beautiful sight to see. Here chic eateries, galleries, tempting vintage, retro shops and cool cafes go hand in hand with traditional seaside pleasures like candy floss stands, fish and chip shops and seafood stalls. You are spoilt for choice.
After years of being lovingly restored by its current owners, this apartment has been rejuvenated and is ready to rock & roll and contribute to Margate’s cultural and artistic revival. Polished wooden floors, a beautiful spacious kitchen/dining area, the luxury of two bathrooms, are there all for you to enjoy. The expansive open plan living and dining area lead straight onto the lovely secluded terrace and on a glorious sunny day you could just imagine being in the Mediterranean!
A choice of 3 lovely bedrooms on the top floor provide you with a well deserved rest after exploring bays, beaches and enjoying thrills at Dreamland Margate . A soak in the roll-top bath will prepare you for another day in JW Turner’s favourite part of the world.
The owners have a great relationship with two trendy restaurants in Margate and as guests you will receive a special discount at both.
Margate fizzes, it’s exciting, it’s energising and you’re invited to join the ride!£75From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Deal, EnglandLeighwood is a beautiful barn conversion set in a large properties grounds, surrounded by beautiful countryside, yet only a 25-minute walk via bridleways away from multiple beaches and St George’s Royal Golf Course. This property is ideal for a couple who enjoy walking, visiting the local villages and towns or just going to the beach.
Within the grounds you have the ability to wander around and enjoy the stunning views surrounding you. A short walk away you have the options of various beaches and towns in Sandwich, Deal, Ramsgate and Dover. With plenty to do in the surrounding area, take your pick or simply enjoy the property and grounds it is set in for a more romantic break. Beach 3 miles.£77From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Saint Margarets Bay, EnglandCommanding stunning views across the English Channel, this attractive, spacious, family home for all seasons is the ideal property for a relaxing holiday with both friends or relatives. A decked terrace runs the length of the property, an ideal spot for soaking up the sun or relax after a brisk winter walk in front of a glowing log burner in the cosy living room, overlooking the frothing waves. Four of the six bedrooms have sea views and the other two have attractive garden views. There is also a games room and private hot tub. The white chalk cliff above St Margaret’s Bay is said to be the first place the sun reaches each morning on mainland Britain! The beach is famous for being the closest point to France and is the spot where Channel swimmers begin their marathon 21 mile swim. The village itself offers good pubs, restaurants and local shop within walking distance. The coastal path leads to the famous White Cliffs of Dover, gateway to England and now one of the UK’s protected Heritage coasts offering some of the best cliff coastal walking in the country. The lighthouse is the place where Marconi transmitted his first radio broadcast to France. Closer to France than London, bring a passport, catch a ferry from Dover and visit the French markets in Calais and Boulogne for the day. Visit Dover, Deal and Walmer Castle, Pines Garden and Metropole Galleries Folkestone. Canterbury 17 miles. Golf, sailing, cycling, horse riding locally. Shops and pubs 500 yards.£252From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Acrise, EnglandLocated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty amongst the North Downs within the Elham Valley, enjoy the peace and tranquillity that Ladwood Farm offers. Two holiday apartments in one of the farm buildings provide ground floor and first floor accommodation around their own rural gated courtyard. They are surrounded by fields and farm animals and there are walks in abundance from the doorstep. Explore the local countryside with its ancient rights of way and bridleways, ideal for walkers and for horse riding. They lie just 10 miles from historic Canterbury, and you can take a boat ride on the River Stour, visit the historic cathedral or maybe take in a show. Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, Howletts and Wingham Wildlife Park make great days out. Folkestone is 5 miles and Dover is 8 miles. Visit the Roman Painted House, Dover Castle and the iconic white cliffs. Bring your passport so you can enjoy day trip to France. The Channel Tunnel is close by and the international Eurostar terminal is 15 miles away at Ashford, where you can also go for some retail therapy. Beach 7 miles. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay