Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
- Saint Margarets Bay, EnglandCommanding stunning views across the English Channel, this attractive, spacious, family home for all seasons is the ideal property for a relaxing holiday with both friends or relatives. A decked terrace runs the length of the property, an ideal spot for soaking up the sun or relax after a brisk winter walk in front of a glowing log burner in the cosy living room, overlooking the frothing waves. Four of the six bedrooms have sea views and the other two have attractive garden views. There is also a games room and private hot tub. The white chalk cliff above St Margaret’s Bay is said to be the first place the sun reaches each morning on mainland Britain! The beach is famous for being the closest point to France and is the spot where Channel swimmers begin their marathon 21 mile swim. The village itself offers good pubs, restaurants and local shop within walking distance. The coastal path leads to the famous White Cliffs of Dover, gateway to England and now one of the UK’s protected Heritage coasts offering some of the best cliff coastal walking in the country. The lighthouse is the place where Marconi transmitted his first radio broadcast to France. Closer to France than London, bring a passport, catch a ferry from Dover and visit the French markets in Calais and Boulogne for the day. Visit Dover, Deal and Walmer Castle, Pines Garden and Metropole Galleries Folkestone. Canterbury 17 miles. Golf, sailing, cycling, horse riding locally. Shops and pubs 500 yards.£245Price per night from
- Hastingleigh, EnglandSituated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the North Downs in Kent, between Ashford and Canterbury, The Stable is a detached, compact cottage, adjacent to the owner’s period farmhouse, displaying beams and original features yet offering all contemporary amenities. This holiday property comprises of an open-plan living/dining room with kitchen and a good size double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom. Several local attractions include the North Downs Way, Pilgrims Way and many other picturesque footpaths and walkways. The Stable is within easy reach of Canterbury, boasting an incredible cathedral and ancient city walls, along with boutique shops, bars and restaurants. Many historic attractions include Dover Castle, close to the famous white cliffs and the coastal town of Deal, Deal Castle and Walmer Castle. Located just a 30-minute drive from Ashford International Station, guests can enjoy a day trip to France or Belgium on-board the Eurostar, plus there are regular ferry trips to Calais from Dover. This all year round property is a lovely base for couples and families to explore all that Kent has to offer, with a lake nearby, making it a great destination for cycling enthusiasts and those that love the outdoors. Shops, pubs and restaurant 3 miles.£58Price per night from
- Westgate-on-Sea, EnglandSituated just 200 yards from sandy beaches, this attractive mock-Georgian terraced town house is ideal for a family holiday. Visit Ramsgate and its bustling harbour where you can take a boat trip. Climb the North Foreland lighthouse at Broadstairs, the last lighthouse in the country to be fully automated. play a round of golf or hire bikes and attempt the 28 mile long circular Viking Coastal Trail. Indulge in some oysters at Whitstable or visit the cathedral at Canterbury. There is a leisure centre gym and indoor pool 0.5 miles. Westgate station is close by with connections to London for city sightseeing. Shop, pub, restaurant and beach 200 yards.£131Price per night from
- Margate, EnglandDating back to 1652, these two properties were originally part of a working dairy farm and offer a wonderful location, next to the owners’ home, in the coastal town of Margate. Farm Cottage (ref W43578) is a quaint, semi-detached, converted farm house comfortably sleeping 4 guests, and has been renovated to a good standard. Guests can enjoy access to a good-sized garden, an open plan living/dining room and a well-equipped kitchen, as well as a small chalk cave which is characteristic of the area and which the owners’ are happy to show guests around.
Stable Cottage (ref UKC3922), complete with its own stable door, adjoins the owners’ converted farmhouse and is ideally suited to couples. This holiday cottage was renovated in 2018 to a good standard, retaining some original features including an exposed wall in the living room. Guests can enjoy access to a garden at the front of the cottage.
A short stroll from the properties will take you into the coastal town of Margate where local attractions include the famous Turner Gallery, Margate Old Town and Shell Grotto. Catch a band at the Winter Gardens or hop on a retro ride at Dreamland. Take a boat trip and spot seals on the sandbanks, or cycle the Viking Coastal Trail, one of the most attractive leisure cycle routes in Kent, covering 27 miles. A short drive will take you to Broadstairs, home to Viking Bay, with several fantastic walks, or why not visit Ramsgate Royal Harbour? Broadstairs Folk Week takes place on the first weekend in August every year and it is only a 20-minute bus ride from the cottage. Don’t miss out on a trip to the historic city of Canterbury, with its dominating city walls and incredible cathedral. Stable Cottage and Farm Cottage deliver a coastal destination all year round, offering lots of heritage and culture to discover and explore. Beach ½ mile. Shop ¼ mile, pub and restaurant 200 yards.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 6 guests.£84Price per night from
- Sturry, EnglandIdeally situated for exploring Canterbury and the surrounding countryside, this holiday property is a completely self contained part of the owner’s home in a residential area approximately 3 miles from the city centre, but with rural views from the bedroom windows and patio. Take the bus or train to Canterbury and visit the cathedral. Enjoy a boat ride on the River Stour or explore the city’s old quarter, with its restaurants and shops. At Whitstable, a 20-minute drive, sample the famous oysters. Spot seals off the coast at Herne Bay or visit the Stodmarsh National Nature Reserve. Beach 7 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 0.25 miles.£57Price per night from
- Deal, EnglandAnchor Cottage is located in a conservation area within the stunning town of Deal on the coast of Kent, and is a comfortable terraced property built in the 1800s. Set in the quiet small back streets of Deal, it lies a short stroll to the amenities and history Deal has to offer. There is an 18th-century pub and micro ale house/cocktail bar within a few minutes’ walk, and very good restaurant within 5 minutes’ walk, as well as excellent fishing from the pier. Walmer and Deal castles are also popular attractions. Broadstairs is a short drive with its beach at Viking Bay; for history and culture take a short drive, train or bus into Canterbury. Shop, pub and restaurant 500 yards.
Anchor Cottage is located in a conservation area within the stunning town of Deal on the coast of Kent, and is a comfortable terraced property built in the 1800s, and has a few characterful low door lintels. Set in the quiet small back streets of Deal, yet in a central position, it is just a short stroll to the amenities and history Deal has to offer. There is an 18th-century pub and micro ale house/cocktail bar within a few minutes’ walk, and very good restaurant within 5 minutes’ walk. The quirky style of this holiday property boasts a quaint open-plan kitchen with dining area and a welcoming living room, two bedrooms and a bathroom with a Victorian style roll-top bath. With local attractions on your doorstep, as well as excellent fishing on the pier, Anchor Cottage will be a great base for couples and seaside enthusiasts. Locally, there is a number of shops, bars and restaurants, and Walmer and Deal castles are also popular attractions. Broadstairs is a short drive with its award-winning beach at Viking Bay, or for a touch of history and culture, take a short drive, train or bus into the famous city of Canterbury, walk around the ancient city walls and explore the fantastic cathedral. For a trip further afield why not go to France for the day on one of the many daily ferry services from Dover. Beach 500 yards. Shop, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£69Price per night from
- Seasalter, England’Bounty’ lies just yards from the beach, accessed by a private single lane to the front of the house, with glorious uninterrupted views of the sea. An ideal base for a family holiday or get together with friends. ’Bounty’ has French doors that open onto a decked sea-facing terrace, an ideal spot to indulge in breakfast and a good book. The first floor living room has doors that open onto a balcony, where as the sun sinks slowly behind the horizon, the lights of Whitstable itself can be seen twinkling and reflecting on the water. Take a stroll or cycle into Whitstable and explore the twisty turning lanes which all lead to the sea, and were once the haunt of smugglers. Explore the quirky shops and select a piece of artwork from the plethora of art galleries as a memento of your holiday. Indulge in an oyster supper, or select some fish to barbecue from the harbour, where the day’s catch is landed. Historic Canterbury is well worth a visit or take a boat out seal spotting from Herne Bay, just along the coast. Good train connections to London for additional sightseeing opportunities. Indoor leisure pool in Whitstable. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£206Price per night from
- Cooling, EnglandThis renovated barn, which is attached to the owner’s property, is at the end of a quiet lane, surrounded by fields and woodland. Comfortably sleeping 4 guests, it is a great holiday location for a countryside break. Small groups, families and couples can enjoy the easy walking routes, on and off road cycling and a RSPB site for bird watching. There is a lawned, private garden with seating and a BBQ to enjoy on summer evenings.
The 13th-century St. James church in Cooling (known for its association with Charles Dickens), Cooling Castle and Cooling Castle Barn are all less than 1 mile away, along with a family and dog friendly pub/restaurant. Two miles away the local village of Cliffe has a shop, 2 pubs, fishing, diving centre, wild fowl reserve and cafe. Approximately 4 miles away, the historic town of Rochester has plenty to offer including a cathedral, castle, shops, bars, restaurants, tea shops, bowling alley, art gallery, museum and cinema. Five miles away, Chatham Historic Dockyard is a stunning 80-acre site with historic buildings, museum galleries, warships and many activities and events.
The small picturesque village of Upnor is 6 miles away overlooking the river and offers pubs/restaurants, Upnor Castle and the Arethusa Centre which provides lessons for an array of adventure activities such as abseiling, climbing, archery, sailing and much more. There is the Cyclopark in Gravesend, 10 miles away and Bluewater shopping centre is 15 miles away. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£152Price per night from
- Maidstone, EnglandWith hand-picked antiquities and photography from around the world captured by the photographer owner gracing the cottage, creating a truly unique, utterly interesting and homely place to spend a break away. Offering plenty of space for couples, small families or solo travellers looking for a base from which to explore the surrounding area, Kent and London, with a semi-open plan living and dining area leading through to a beautifully finished kitchen, which opens out to a lush garden. Outside, you will be transported to a tropical oasis, cocooned in green, a true haven in which to sit and unwind with the sound of water completing the tranquillity of this beautiful space. Upstairs, two double bedrooms await for you to rest your head after a day of exploring.
The ideal choice for couples, solo travellers and small families looking to be well situated for exploring both Kent and London, West View Cottage sits in the village of Crockenhill, with nearby Swanley train station a few minutes drive away taking you into London in just over 30 minutes. Both the M20 and M25 are within a 5-minute drive; perfect for hopping in the car for a day of exploring. For keen walkers, don’t be fooled by the central location, rolling countryside is on your doorstep too, with a choice of picturesque country parks within a short distance, and a friendly local pub/restaurant within a few minutes walk.£107Price per night from
- Woodchurch, EnglandThe Little Barn is on the outskirts of Woodchurch, a charming village in a rural location. Renovated from an old barn, this spacious accommodation is a great location for families and groups of friends to explore the Kent countryside. Situated on a working sheep farm, the area is abundant with walking paths and wildlife. Pets are welcome (strict on lead policy), and guests can enjoy the vast areas of woodland and countryside tracks. Comprising 3 bedrooms, an open-plan living room and spacious kitchen, The Little Barn has been decorated and furnished in a country barn style, boasting exposed wooden beams. French doors lead to a large enclosed garden with private seating and a barbecue for the summer months.
Nearby attractions include the market town of Tenterden, with its traditional high street, restaurants and the Kent and East Sussex steam railway. The quaint village of St Michaels boasts a great local pub and a selection of shops. Take a drive to Hythe and experience the famous Dymchurch and Hythe Railway. Alternatively, you can also spend a lazy day on one of the many local beaches. The animal reserve of Port Lympe near Hythe features gorillas, giraffes, zebras, tigers and much more, which makes for a fun-filled day out for children. And for culture vultures, a trip to Canterbury is highly recommended. Boasting its grand cathedral and city walls, this famous city is full of history.
Enjoy a trip to London on the high speed train service from nearby Ashford. After an hour on the train, you’ll be in the heart of the capital, ready to see and enjoy some of the most iconic landmarks in the country, such as Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye. A day trip to France is very popular from Kent, take the Eurostar from Ashford or enjoy a crossing over the channel from Dover to Calais. Have a spot of lunch and enjoy all that France has to offer. Shop and pub 1½ miles, restaurant 3 miles.£65Price per night from