Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
- Margate, EnglandThis lovely, one-bedroom annexe is attached to the owner’s home and has been furnished and decorated accordingly to a very high standard! The property has a good-sized double bedroom with a very swanky brand new bathroom with a great multi-spray power shower. The open plan living space is ideal for two people along with a fully equipped kitchen. There is a private rear garden with patio area to sit quietly and enjoy a coffee before heading to the beach or town. You also have a shared front garden again with seating area, which looks towards the lovely woodland opposite the house.
The property is close to many places such as Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs, Canterbury, Whitstable and about 30 minutes’ drive from Dover. Sam’s Snug is ideally located for a fabulous holiday or for a short break stay. Designed with comfort in mind and a bit of personality, each room will make your stay at Sam’s Snug easy and comfortable. The owner has tried to think of everything you might need to make your stay enjoyable and memorable for you and your four-legged family member. Beach 500 yards.£89Price per night from
- Broadstairs, EnglandThis detached holiday home lies just yards from the beach at one of Broadstairs’ beautiful bays, Dumpton Gap. A quiet gently sloping, sandy beach with promenade. At low tide walk along the beach to Ramsgate (check tide times), explore the rock pools for shrimps and crabs or take a stroll along the cliff top. Broadstairs offers restaurants, cafes and gift shops. Enjoy the regular summer fireworks displays and festivals, including Folk Week, or take to your bike and explore the beautiful 27 mile Viking Way. Alternatively Westwood Cross shopping, 2 miles, offers 53 stores, restaurants, cinema and casino. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£66Price per night from
- Deal, EnglandLeighwood is a beautiful barn conversion set in a large properties grounds, surrounded by beautiful countryside, yet only a 25-minute walk via bridleways away from multiple beaches and St George’s Royal Golf Course. This property is ideal for a couple who enjoy walking, visiting the local villages and towns or just going to the beach.
Within the grounds you have the ability to wander around and enjoy the stunning views surrounding you. A short walk away you have the options of various beaches and towns in Sandwich, Deal, Ramsgate and Dover. With plenty to do in the surrounding area, take your pick or simply enjoy the property and grounds it is set in for a more romantic break. Beach 3 miles.£77Price per night from
- Dover, England
The White Cliffs Bunkhouse is a charming dog-friendly boutique accommodation nestled in the heart of the village of St Margarets at Cliffe near Dover in Kent.£1200Price per night from
- Stelling Minnis, EnglandLarge, well-appointed and comfortable, this detached family house, with an acre of enclosed garden, is in an idyllic, peaceful holiday location. It has a bedroom and a bathroom on the ground floor for less mobile guests, and adjoins the ancient 120-acre manorial common of Stelling Minnis and Lyminge Forest, in the heart of the Garden of England. Although this is good walking country, and dogs are welcomed, it is also within easy reach of historic Canterbury where you can explore the magnificent cathedral, take a trip on the river and climb the spiral staircase in the West Gate Towers which have guarded the city since the 1380s. The Channel port of Dover provides an ideal opportunity to take a day trip to France or use the Channel Tunnel from Folkestone, (be in France within an hour). Dover also offers a magnificent castle and secret war time tunnels, spot one of the nine ghosts said to frequent them! If you enjoy bargain shopping don’t miss De Bradeli Wharf, discount shopping with style or McArthur Glen Designer outlet village at Ashford. Visit the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch steam railway or ’experience a safari’ in Kent at Port Lympne wild animal park. Well stocked village store and a traditional village pub close by.£95Price per night from
- Preston, Kent, EnglandThis lovingly restored detached Grade II listed cottage with Flemish gables lies close to the owners’ home at the top of a country lane, amid their 21-acre farm consisting of orchards. Many original features remain – and with wide doorways, ground floor bedroom and bathroom, wheelchair access is possible. The village of Preston-next-Wingham is a mile away and there are walks through the orchards to join the Saxon Shore Way. Canterbury is a 20-minute drive. Whitstable and Dover for trips to France are easily accessible. Golf locally. Sandwich, a 15-minute drive. Shop and pub 1 mile.£104Price per night from
- Dover, EnglandEnjoy a relaxing holiday surrounded by countryside in this barn detached conversion which has been decorated and fitted to a very good standard. It is situated on the owners’ working arable farm, and guests are welcome to use the footpaths crossing the farmland. Take a few steps back in time to the year of 1193 AD when you view the abbey ruins, once bustling with French monks. During the dissolution of the monasteries, Henry VIII had many stones removed from the abbey to build his fortifications at Deal and Walmer. Follow in the monks’ footsteps, (today a 20-minute car journey), and take a trip to Canterbury. Dover is 5 minutes’ drive, ideal for day trips to France or to visit its castle and admire the famous white cliffs. The property is perfectly situated for walking and bird watching, with several good sandy beaches close by. Beach 4 miles. Shop 1½ miles, pub 2 miles.£99Price per night from
- Saint Margarets Bay, EnglandCommanding stunning views across the English Channel, this attractive, spacious, family home for all seasons is the ideal property for a relaxing holiday with both friends or relatives. A decked terrace runs the length of the property, an ideal spot for soaking up the sun or relax after a brisk winter walk in front of a glowing log burner in the cosy living room, overlooking the frothing waves. Four of the six bedrooms have sea views and the other two have attractive garden views. There is also a games room and private hot tub. The white chalk cliff above St Margaret’s Bay is said to be the first place the sun reaches each morning on mainland Britain! The beach is famous for being the closest point to France and is the spot where Channel swimmers begin their marathon 21 mile swim. The village itself offers good pubs, restaurants and local shop within walking distance. The coastal path leads to the famous White Cliffs of Dover, gateway to England and now one of the UK’s protected Heritage coasts offering some of the best cliff coastal walking in the country. The lighthouse is the place where Marconi transmitted his first radio broadcast to France. Closer to France than London, bring a passport, catch a ferry from Dover and visit the French markets in Calais and Boulogne for the day. Visit Dover, Deal and Walmer Castle, Pines Garden and Metropole Galleries Folkestone. Canterbury 17 miles. Golf, sailing, cycling, horse riding locally. Shops and pubs 500 yards.£246Price per night from
- Saint Margarets Bay, EnglandHeadland is a comfortable and cosy apartment located at the top of the White Cliffs in St Margarets Bay. It is an ideal property to use as a base to explore the sights and attractions of the local area.
The beach, just 350 yards away, nestles beneath the cliffs, in a picturesque and sheltered bay. At low tide it is perfect for rock pooling and crabbing, and the Coastguard Pub on the beach is a welcome stop to enjoy a meal and local draught beer.
The area is a walkers’ paradise with long walks along the cliffs. You can explore the South Foreland Lighthouse, where you can stop for a delicious cream tea, or walk to Kingsdown and visit the Zetland Arms pub on the beach.
Opposite the cottage is Pines Gardens, a lovely 6 acre organic garden with a lake, a poetry path and children’s trail, along with an organic kitchen garden. The award winning tea rooms are worth a visit for a light lunch or tea with divine cakes.
The apartment has a bright and modern open plan living space and two bedrooms, one double and one single with a trundle bed under. The courtyard to the front to this St Margarets Bay apartment is a peaceful spot to sit and relax and listen to the birdsong.£136Price per night from
- Bearsted, EnglandConverted to a good standard, the adjoining Bearsted Barns reside in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the owner’s 3½ acres of grounds with access to a further 15 acres known as Bearsted Woodland Trust. Ideal holiday base for walking, cycling, golf and horse riding and only 3 miles from Maidstone, the thriving county town of Kent. Visit the Archbishop’s Palace, a medieval building built for the Archbishops of Canterbury and now used for weddings. Leeds Castle, described by Lord Conway as the loveliest castle in the world, is close by. Take a trip on the River Medway through the Maidstone Millenium River Park up to Allington Lock. Maidstone leisure centre boasts 4 swimming pools and 2 water slides and is one of the best equipped leisure centres in the South East. Enjoy a show at the Hazlitt Theatre or visit one of the shopping centres including Fremlin Walk, built on the riverside site of the old Victorian Brewery. Mote Park offers 450 acres of mature parkland, hosts the Kent County Cricket and on Sundays offers rides on a miniature railway. Bearsted and Maidstone offer frequent train services up to London. Shops, pubs and restaurant ½ mile.£96Price per night from