Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
Resting in the heart of the stunning North Kent Downs, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this whimsical dog-friendly cottage offers superb facilities and a warm, inviting atmosphere.£150Price per night from
- Saint Margaret's at Cliffe, EnglandDynamo Cottage is a comfortable semi-detached bungalow situated at St Margaret’s Holiday Park near Dover. The holiday park boasts a shared indoor heated swimming pool, relaxation pool, sauna, spa pool and gym (all at cost), and there is free use of wi-fi in the clubhouse. Dynamo Cottage is located at the front of the park with views over the well-kept lawn and rolling hills. Attractions close by include St Margaret’s Bay with its stunning views to France, Dover with regular ferry crossings to Calais, Dover Castle and the historic city of Canterbury with its great cathedral and boutique shops. Beach 1½ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£55Price per night from
- Edenbridge, EnglandA medieval manor house in its own grounds with stunning views over the Weald of Kent. Seven bedrooms, six en-suites, woodburner, open fires, tennis court. Edenbridge 5 miles.£352Price per night from
- Edenbridge, EnglandA magnificent Tudor country house set in 6 acres of beautful countryside near Edenbridge. Seven bedrooms, games room, reading room, WiFi, woodburning stove. Perfect choice for reunions and celebrations. Hever Castle 3 miles.£226Price per night from
- Tunbridge Wells, England
The Hive is a superb bright and spacious dog-friendly hideaway nested in a rural location just a bone’s throw from Tunbridge Wells, with London and the Kent coast just one hour away.£321Price per night from
- Maidstone, EnglandSet in beautiful grounds, on a country estate in the heart of the pretty village of Hollingbourne, Moorhen Cottage gracefully sits overlooking the picturesque grounds and lakes. This idyllic spot offers the perfect location for a peaceful break, with countryside walks and cycling routes on your doorstep. A choice of locally renowned country pubs lie within a short walk, and the tempting fine food shop and deli is a short distance away which serves breakfast and lunch.
Beautifully finished, this boutique, character cottage has been tastefully designed, with an inviting open plan kitchen and dining area leading through to the dining room, a sociable space to relax come evening. After a busy day of exploring, the sumptuous master awaits, with a comfortable king size bed tempting you into a deep slumber, not before taking a soak in the roll-top bath cleverly positioned so that you can gaze at the stars above. The two further bedrooms will not disappoint, sharing in views of the countryside and lake, with a beautiful, double antique bed upholstered in a deep green fabric, and perfectly styled twin room, sharing a bright and airy bathroom.
Outside is a private dining area which sits overlooking the lake, perfect for memorable meals and barbecues alfresco. Whilst the large grounds of the estate are ideal for wandering, relaxing around the shared heated swimming pool or enjoying a competitive game on the shared pool and table tennis.
Moorhen Cottage is ideally situated for those wanting to explore picturesque Kent, with attractions such as historic Leeds Castle and Gardens nearby, and the well known coastal town of Whitstable within a 35 minute drive. Yet those wanting to simply unwind with amenities nearby can easily do so. Beach 20¾ miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 590 yards.£167Price per night from
- Maidstone, EnglandHeron Barn is a lovely romantic barn, perfect for couples and dog friendly too.
The barn dates back to 1761, when it would have been used to store hops from the estate. It has one bedroom and bathroom and a lovely sociable open plan living space, all with country views. A bottle of English wine awaits your arrival.
In the grounds is a shared outdoor heated swimming pool, open in the summer months, and also a shared table tennis table and pool table.£85Price per night from
- Maidstone, EnglandKingfisher Oast is a Grade II listed building forming part of a country estate in the heart of Hollingbourne village.
The oast was used for the storage of hops, and there are cute markings in one of the bedrooms recording the hop pickers activities dating back to the mid 1700s. The cottage has three bedrooms, all ensuite and a lovely sociable open plan living space on the ground floor. A bottle of English wine awaits your arrival.
In the grounds is a shared outdoor heated swimming pool, open in the summer months, and also a shared table tennis table and pool table.There is garden furniture and a charcoal BBQ to enjoy alfresco meals in the garden.£159Price per night from
- Folkestone, EnglandSet on a clifftop, carved into an impressive chalk shelf, there really is no location like it, with the most stunning sea views over the English channel, with France in the distance, and across the beautiful Kent coastline over the Wear Bay and to Dungeness in the distance.
Designed to make the most of the views, nearly every room has a backdrop of the sea, with the neutral white walls purposely drawing your eye outside. The spacious sitting room with views through the large picture postcard type window impresses the moment you walk in, with a comfortable corner sofa that you can sink into come evening and Sky TV if you can bear to draw your eyes away from the view. Stairs lead up to the spacious first floor with four amply sized bedrooms, the beds cleverly positioned so that the sea is your first sight when you open your eyes come morning. There is also a sofa bed available to make up the 8 guests.
Whether you choose to simply relax or have an urge to stay active whilst away, both can be enjoyed at Eagles Nest. Relax in the warmth of the sauna, workout in the gym or take a dip in the indoor heated pool. And come evening, what better way to watch the sunset over St Mary’s Bay than whilst enjoying an evening swim.
Situated on the famous white cliffs between Folkestone and Dover, an iconic symbol of home and once war time defence, yet now a place to simply admire the stunning scenery. With many idyllic walks nearby, you will find Samphire Ho and the National Trusts White Cliffs of Dover situated to the east, and the conservation woodland area of The Warren just beneath you where seals can sometimes be seen swimming in the waters. The seaside town of Folkestone is within a short drive, with its regeneration now attracting many who have discovered its sandy beach, an abundance of quality eateries, and the individual shops and art galleries of its old high street. That is if you can prize yourself away from the tranquillity of this enviably positioned holiday home!£270Price per night from
- Canterbury, EnglandYour stay at The Manor Coach House will sure enough be one to remember. Located in the Kent Downs, an Area of Outstanding Beauty, you can wander the vast surrounding countryside and reward yourself with a tipple at a local village pub on your way home. This charismatic holiday home is perfect for a couples retreat or families wanting some down time in the countryside.On arrival fresh bread will greet you in the bread maker with butter and jam, with a complementary s’mores basket for fire pit fun.
The Manor Coach House is enticing, spacious and charming. It has been lovingly restored by the owners to create a contemporary, upside down cottage with luxury furniture and fittings. The two kingsize bedrooms both have large stunning en-suite bathrooms, a spiral staircase leads to the first floor open plan living space where you will find a karaoke machine, record player with a selection of records, and a selection of board games. Leading out from the living space is a lovely teak balcony overlooking the large 1 acre garden where you will find an elegant walled terrace and garden furniture. Have some fun and enjoy a dip in the heated pool followed by a game of table tennis outside. Relax as the sun goes down and light up the barbecue for an enjoyable evening meal in this delightful sun trap.
This elevated property sits high above the Stour Valley and has the benefits of being just a short drive to the historic city of Canterbury, as well as being surrounded by the picturesque Kent countryside, footpaths, cycle routes and a unique complex of lakes where day anglers can spend a happy day fishing. Just 20 minutes away you can be in Whitstable where you’ll find some wonderful Blue Flag beaches. Enjoy some wonderful local walks along The River Stour and stop off at the local farm shop in Chilham for some tasty treats. And don’t forget your dog! They’ll love this wonderful and pet friendly cottage.
The Coach House is in the grounds of the owners manor house, parts of which date back to the 15th century and was mentioned in the Domesday Book. Fishing available nearby.£153Price per night from