Dog-friendly Hotels Kent
Taking a break to the Garden of England in Kent? The region has some great pet friendly inns and hotels for you and your dog to stay while taking a pawsome staycation.
- Folkestone, EnglandThe property is designed with modern living in mind, yet with the cosy comforts you would hope for of a countryside retreat. The beautifully cladded larch exterior opens up to an impressive open plan space, with an interior combining polished concrete and plywood, textured fabrics and pops of muted colour, mixed with a warming wood burner and sumptuous sofa to curl up on after a day of exploring the picturesque North Downs.
Come sundown, retreat to the comfort of the master bedroom, with a kingsize bed, and mezzanine children’s twin tucked away on the first floor, with white cotton bed linen to wrap yourself up in and sink into a deep slumber. Then wake up to a breakfast of fresh eggs from your welcome pack laid by the resident hens.
Beautifully landscaped, shared gardens wait to be explored or simply gazed over whilst having a meal alfresco on your private dining terrace. Tucked away out of sight, the private hot tub awaits, immerse yourself in the bubbles and unwind. Open from May-September (from August during 2022) the beautifully dubbed ’secret garden’ awaits, take a dip in the large shared swimming pool with solar heated cover, fully relax on one of the loungers or on the outdoor sofas with a bar area for keeping your drinks cool, and pool table for a competitive game or two.
A true haven for those who wish to explore on foot, with miles of beautiful countryside surrounding you, the North Downs Way can be reached via footpaths from the door and a choice of locally renowned gastro pubs 2 miles away. Nestled between the historic city of Canterbury, and the coastal towns of Hythe and Folkestone, the coast, countryside and city can easily be explored.
The ideal hideaway for couples, friends or family, with the neighbouring The Old Piggery (M555071) bookable for larger groups to accommodate up to 8 guests.£130From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Maidstone, EnglandDesigned by the owners, The Barnyard has been beautifully created with the view of creating an exceptional home for guests to enjoy. With a mix of natural stone and warm cedar, along with a modern zinc roof and full height glazing, as soon as you pull into the driveway you will be sure to be impressed by this beautifully unique building, much of which was handcrafted by the owners. Step inside this contemporary haven, with textures and colour carefully thought about to create a warm and inviting interior, with modern polished concrete floors and underfloor heating throughout. With a magnificent open-plan living space at the heart, with an impressive, vaulted ceiling beautifully clad by the owner with reclaimed timbers, and double height wall of glazing looking out over the garden and countryside beyond. Evenings can be spent in front of the warming wood burner, whilst the chef of the group cooks a tasty meal in the stunning kitchen, a real heart of the home designed with socialising in mind.
Set in amongst the Kent countryside, The Barnyard is tucked down a country lane in the village of Sutton Valence. For those who wish to explore on foot, the location could not be better, with miles of picturesque countryside waiting to be explored, with not one but two renowned pubs within a 15-minute walk - one being just a 2-minute walk away, ideal for hassle free evening meals out. With a choice of quaint Kentish villages nearby, immersing yourself in village life couldn’t be easier, with Bearsted and Headcorn within a 10-minute drive, both offering a choice of pubs, restaurants, cafés, and shops, and both with train stations taking you into London is just over an hour, should a day in the city appeal. Or for days out exploring Kent, historic Leeds Castle is just a 10-minute drive away.£258From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandLocated in the historic town of Faversham, within the conservation area of the abbey, and as such, has been noted as one of the finest examples of a medieval street in Britain, where antique and craft shops, quaint tea rooms and old English pubs are in abundance.
The side door of this property opens straight into the cosy lounge with comfy sofas that you can curl up on in front of the wood burner and enjoy catching up on your favourite programmes on the Smart TV. From the lounge, walk through to the formal dining room with a dining table and seating for six before entering the light and bright kitchen/dining room with two sets of French doors out into the garden. The kitchen/diner offers everything you’ll need for whipping up delicious meals with an electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. While cooking, chefs can chat to other guests sitting at the large farmhouse table in the dining area, where there is also a Smart TV. A traditional Rayburn keeps the kitchen warm and toasty and is the perfect spot for your four-legged friend to curl up in front of. There is also a small library with an ample supply of reading material to keep you going whilst you curl up in front of the open fire on a chilly evening. The ground floor is completed with a shower room with shower and toilet. Stairs from between the dining room and library lead up to the first floor where there are three bedrooms, a spacious kingsize with an en-suite bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet and two double bedrooms. Completing the first floor is the bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet.
Take a stroll to the nearby brewery and tour one of England’s oldest breweries before sampling the delights at the home of the world’s largest fruit collection; there are also lots of dog walks around the area. The excitements of Canterbury are not far away, and the wildlife rich ’Oare Wildlife Marshes’ is also within easy reach. Closer still is the pretty town of Whitstable, famed for its oysters and safe swimming spots and plentiful water sports.£167From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Folkestone, EnglandSet in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty at the foot of the North Downs, Beachborough Park has acres of grounds to explore, with views over the surrounding countryside landscape. Keen walkers will revel in the picturesque routes surrounding you, with a friendly local pub just under a mile away. Should you be able to draw yourself away from Beachborough Park, there is so much to see and do within a short drive, from the charming town of Hythe with its pretty military canal, shingled beach and cobbled high street dotted with independent cafés, pubs, and shops, to the vibrant and creative town of Folkestone with sandy beach, bustling Harbour Arm with pop up restaurants and bars, and creative scene with individually owned shops and art galleries. For those who wish to explore further afield, the historic city of Canterbury is within a 30-minute drive, whilst the Channel Tunnel is nearby should a trip to the continent sound appealing.
With views over the surrounding grounds and countryside, The Summer House sits proudly at the heart of the estate, built into the bricked wall of the walled garden beyond, with large south facing windows creating a wonderfully light filled space. With a warming wood burner, the open plan living, and dining room is ideal for meals together, unwinding over a bottle of red together or enjoying a competitive family game in front of the cosy fire. With two spacious bedrooms, offering a comfortable space to rest your head after a day exploring. Outside, the dining area allows you to eat al fresco and fully appreciate the peace, wildlife, and countryside air, open to the grounds of the estate should children want to freely explore. There is fishing available nearby (with day tickets available) and a pub within a mile.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThis truly unique two-bedroom luxury bungalow/annexe was custom-built by the previous owners of the property on their land for them and their families to enjoy. From the Faraday cage that surrounds it to the internal joinery, panelling, and lighting, this property is stunning inside and out! With two spacious bedrooms, one with a double bed and the other with bunk beds, this property is an adventure in itself! There are very quirky and high-end fittings and furnishings, not to mention the stunning views out the front and also across the large private garden! You get the full sense of the English countryside with this property whilst being able to enjoy the finer things in life too. The property is surrounded by farmland and there is a public footpath to the pub, around a mile away.
Faversham is a market town in Kent brimming with stunning countryside and typical old English country pubs. Just 48 miles from London and 10 miles from the historic city of Canterbury with its world-famous cathedral, city walls and shopping precincts. You’ll find all this and more in beautiful Faversham. Browse through the market on a square that’s barely changed since the first Elizabeth held the crown, wander past the old barge sheds of a bygone time on the creek, sample the fruits of centuries of brewing craft at any of the micro-breweries, indulging in some of Kent’s finest food from land and sea or simply wandering green lanes, fields and orchards along routes trodden by pilgrims for millennia.
This is Kent as it was and still is, preserved yet lived in, tranquil yet vibrant and creative - a place with every historic nuance with all the contemporary comforts you crave. Come and be part of the story as the next chapter unfolds. Be our guest in the ‘Market Town and Port of Kings’ and you’ll understand why we wouldn’t change it for the world. Surrounding Faversham you have towns, and villages well worth exploring for fun-filled days out for the whole family such as Whitstable, Deal, Sandwich, Margate, Broadstairs, and Maidstone.£152From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Canterbury, EnglandDiscover the enchanting "Why Not" – an inviting 2-bedroom holiday let perfectly situated on the historic Pilgrims’ Way walk, just a stone’s throw away from Canterbury City Centre. With the added convenience of parking for up to 2 cars, this delightful retreat offers an ideal blend of comfort and adventure, inviting you to immerse yourself in a truly memorable experience. Nestled along the Pilgrims’ Way, "Why Not" captures the essence of the journey, both past and present. The exterior of the property exudes a timeless charm, with its architecture harmoniously blending into the picturesque surroundings.
Inside, a welcoming ambience awaits, suffused with natural light and designed for relaxation. The open-plan living space is a haven of comfort, adorned with tasteful decor that creates a cosy atmosphere. Sink into plush seating in the living area or convene around the dining table to relish meals and recount stories. The well-appointed kitchen, equipped with modern appliances and ample space, encourages culinary exploration and creativity.
Both bedrooms have been thoughtfully crafted to offer a haven of tranquillity. Crisp linens, soft pillows, and elegant touches contribute to a sense of serenity. The master bedroom, featuring a luxurious queen bed and an en-suite bathroom, provides a private sanctuary. The second bedroom, with its twin beds, is perfect for companions or family members. A shared bathroom, replete with stylish fixtures, offers modern conveniences.
Step outdoors to discover a private garden that mirrors the beauty of the surrounding landscape. Whether you’re sipping your morning coffee on the patio or savouring a glass of wine as the sun sets, the outdoor space at "Why Not" is your oasis. Lush greenery and fragrant blossoms create an inviting backdrop for relaxation. One of the standout features of "Why Not" is its location along the historic Pilgrims’ Way walk. Embark on a journey that countless pilgrims have traversed through the ages, and soak in the profound history and spirituality of this iconic trail. As you explore, you’ll find yourself near Canterbury City Centre, where treasures like Canterbury Cathedral, St. Augustine’s Abbey, and St Martin’s Church await.
"Why Not" presents a rare opportunity to embrace the Pilgrims’ Way walk in comfort and style. Whether you’re seeking a transformative pilgrimage, or an adventurous holiday, or maybe proudly attending a graduation ceremony, this holiday home will serve as your haven of modern luxury along this ancient path. Secure your stay at "Why Not" today and set forth on an unforgettable expedition along the Pilgrims’ Way.£79From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Acrise, EnglandLocated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty amongst the North Downs within the Elham Valley, enjoy the peace and tranquillity that Ladwood Farm offers. Two holiday apartments in one of the farm buildings provide ground floor and first floor accommodation around their own rural gated courtyard. They are surrounded by fields and farm animals and there are walks in abundance from the doorstep. Explore the local countryside with its ancient rights of way and bridleways, ideal for walkers and for horse riding. They lie just 10 miles from historic Canterbury, and you can take a boat ride on the River Stour, visit the historic cathedral or maybe take in a show. Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, Howletts and Wingham Wildlife Park make great days out. Folkestone is 5 miles and Dover is 8 miles. Visit the Roman Painted House, Dover Castle and the iconic white cliffs. Bring your passport so you can enjoy day trip to France. The Channel Tunnel is close by and the international Eurostar terminal is 15 miles away at Ashford, where you can also go for some retail therapy. Beach 7 miles. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay