With wonderful scenery and awe-inspiring landscapes, Lancashire is absolutely bursting with natural beauty. From countryside and moorlands to coastline and the infamous seaside town of Blackpool, there's plenty of amazing sights for you and your canine companion to discover on your dog-friendly short break.
- Blackpool, EnglandThis stunning semi-detached barn conversion provides spacious and luxurious accommodation. Located in the quiet rural village of Stalmine, the property is ideally placed for exploring Lancashire, the Fylde Coast and beyond. Thoughtfully designed both inside and out, the barn offers luxury comforts including a beautiful and well-equipped kitchen, contemporary bathrooms, attractive comfortable bedrooms, Wi-Fi, and a wood burner which is perfect for those winter evenings.
Outside is equally impressive with a decked patio area that enjoys far reaching countryside views. The patio provides a wonderful space for hosting a barbecue, whilst the children can play games on the large lawned garden. The property boasts a private hot tub which can be enjoyed all year round, and should the great British weather take a turn for the worse, you can retreat to your ‘Cave’. This has been built by the owner as an indulgent folly and is weatherproof and with a means of heating.
Stalmine is located approximately 5 miles from the small market town of Poulton-le-Fylde which has a good selection of shops, bars, and cafés. Other places that are worth a visit along the Fylde coast include Thornton Cleveleys with its old-fashioned charm and promenade, 7 miles, Fleetwood with its Freeport Outlet Shopping Village, 10 miles, and of course Blackpool, 9 miles, whose many attractions include The Tower, Blackpool Zoo, Pleasure Beach, Sea Life Centre, and Madame Tussauds.
Apart from being accessible for the coast, Carr End Barn A is also well-placed for exploring rural Lancashire. Ribble Valley with its pretty villages is within an hour’s drive, and it’s an excellent choice for walks and country pubs. The Forest of Bowland, which is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, can also be reached within an hour’s drive. The Lake District and Yorkshire Dales are also very accessible by road and can be reached in an hour. The city of Lancaster is just 13 miles away and Preston is 19 miles. Beach 9¾ miles. Shop and pub ½ mile, and restaurant 3 miles. This property can be booked together with ref. LR8 to accommodate up to 18 guests.£266From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stalmine, EnglandLocated in the village of Stalmine, this stunning barn conversion, one of a pair, provides spacious and luxurious accommodation in a quiet rural setting that is ideally placed for exploring Lancashire, the Fylde coast and beyond.
Thoughtfully designed on the inside and out, Carr End Barn B offers all the comforts one expects from a holiday home including a well-equipped kitchen, contemporary bathrooms, comfortable bedrooms, Freeview TV, X-box One and a wood burner to warm those long winter evenings. The exterior is equally impressive. The decked patio enjoys lovely views over open countryside and is perfect for hosting a barbecue (provided), whilst the children play games on the large lawned garden. There is a fantastic outdoor hot tub which can be enjoyed all year round and should the weather take a turn for the worst, you can retreat to ‘The Cave’. Built by the owner as an indulgent folly, this stone built cave is heated, weatherproof and has comfy seating, TV and an open fire.
Stalmine is located approximately 5 miles from the small market town of Poulton-le-Fylde, which has a good selection of shops, bars and cafes. Other places worth visiting along the Fylde coast include Thornton Cleveleys with its old fashioned charm and promenade (7 miles), Fleetwood with its Freeport Outlet Shopping Village (10 miles) and of course Blackpool (9 miles), whose many attractions include the Tower, Blackpool Zoo, Pleasure Beach, Sea Life centre and Madame Tussauds. Apart from being accessible for the coast, Carr End Barn is also well-placed for exploring rural Lancashire. Ribble Valley with its pretty villages, excellent walks and abundance of country pubs is within an hour’s drive, as is the Forest of Bowland, which is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Lake District and Yorkshire Dales are also very accessible by road and can be reached in an hour. The city of Lancaster is just 13 miles away and Preston is 19 miles.
Offering a superior level of comfort, excellent facilities and with so much to see and do in the area Carr End Barn really is the perfect destination for a family holiday that can be enjoyed all year round. Beach 3 miles. Shop and pub ½ mile, restaurant 3 miles.£132From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Blackpool, EnglandLocated on the outskirts of the Lancashire village of Hambleton, these two superb holiday chalets offer modern and purpose-built luxury accommodation overlooking the peaceful and tidal River Wyre. Perfect for couples, families and friends alike, they were built in 2021 and are impressive from the moment you arrive. Great thought and consideration have gone into the design of the accommodation to ensure guest satisfaction throughout, and includes modern day conveniences such as underfloor heating, motorised electric blinds, smart TVs, wireless charging and electric vehicle charging points. The living space is open plan and sociable by design, boasting floor to ceiling windows and opens out onto a large, decked area with simply spectacular views. Offering a rare and relaxing holiday experience the chalets are located on a quiet country lane and surrounded by a ten-acre field. Dependent on the tide there’s the potential to watch sail and speed boats, and local wildlife is plentiful with deer, hares, swans and geese frequenting the site. Ample walking and cycling are available direct from the door, and finally the unobscured views of the sunsets are simply stunning.
The local village of Hambleton is less than a 20-minute walk and offers a food serving pub, farm shop, take-away and local convenience store. Poulton-Le-Fylde is around a 15-minute drive and is a compact, but busy town with ample places to eat and drink together with a vibrant night life. The Fylde Coast and popular seaside resort of Blackpool which needs little introduction is around a 25-minute drive, and the Ribble Valley, Forest of Bowland (an Area of Natural Beauty), Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks can all be reached in around an hour.
Each chalet offers ground floor accessible accommodation with ramp access, wide external and internal doors, a twin bedroom with profiling bed bed with an en-suite wet room. A reduced height basin with integrated grab handles, increased WC height and a folding shower door allow greater access. If required, furniture raisers, a shower chair, toilet chair, tilt in space shower chair and a mobile hoist can be provided upon request at time of booking.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 12 guests.£183From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Blackpool, EnglandWelcome to The Shippon, a charming holiday retreat nestled in the heart of Poulton Le Fylde, Lancashire. This quaint and picturesque town, surrounded by lush countryside, offers a wealth of activities and experiences for guests seeking an idyllic escape in this lovely corner of England. Explore the Town: Begin your journey by discovering the charming streets of Poulton Le Fylde. This historic market town boasts an array of independent shops, local boutiques, and traditional markets where you can find unique souvenirs, artisan goods, and fresh produce. Stroll along the cobbled streets and soak up the town’s warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Historic Landmarks: Poulton Le Fylde is steeped in history, and you can delve into its past by visiting its historic landmarks. The St Chad’s Church, with its stunning architecture and beautiful stained glass windows, is a must-see. Explore the picturesque old town square and discover buildings that date back centuries, each with its own fascinating story. Countryside Retreat: Lancashire’s beautiful countryside surrounds Poulton Le Fylde, making it an ideal destination for nature enthusiasts. Embark on scenic walks through the rolling hills, woodlands, and picturesque meadows. Birdwatchers will be delighted by the rich avian life, and you might even spot a red squirrel or two in the nearby forests.
Golfing Haven: Golf enthusiasts will find themselves in a golfer’s paradise in Poulton Le Fylde. The town boasts several prestigious golf courses, including the Poulton-le-Fylde Golf Club and Knott End Golf Club. Tee off against a backdrop of stunning landscapes and enjoy a challenging round of golf. Dining Delights: Lancashire is renowned for its culinary delights, and Poulton Le Fylde is no exception. Indulge in hearty British cuisine at the local pubs or savour international flavours at the town’s diverse restaurants. Don’t forget to try some traditional Lancashire hotpot or a slice of creamy Lancashire cheese.
Seaside Escapes: Just a short drive away, you’ll find the beautiful Lancashire coast. Enjoy a day at the beach in nearby Blackpool, with its iconic tower, sandy shores, and lively promenade. Alternatively, head to the quieter beaches along the Fylde Coast for a more relaxed coastal experience. Festivals and Events: Depending on the time of your visit, you might have the opportunity to immerse yourself in local festivals and events. Poulton Le Fylde hosts a variety of celebrations throughout the year, from traditional fairs to music festivals. Your stay at The Shippon in Lancashire provides the perfect base to explore the charms of Poulton Le Fylde and the surrounding countryside. Whether you’re seeking history, nature, or simply a tranquil retreat, you’ll find it all in this delightful corner of Lancashire.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 16 guests.£68From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Blackpool, EnglandSet in a quiet and desirable area of the popular seaside town of Thornton-Cleveleys is Newcastle Lodge. Refurbished in late 2021 this semi-detached bungalow is perfectly placed for a peaceful seaside break on the wonderful Fylde Coast.
Just 1.2 miles from Cleveleys seafront the property offers bright and spacious accommodation, benefitting from off road parking and the bathroom boasting a bath and separate walk-in shower. Split between the two neighbouring towns of Thornton and Cleveleys a wealth of shops, restaurants and coastal attractions are easily accessible. In Thornton there’s shops and pubs together with an 18th century windmill and the Wyre Estuary Country Park. If you head towards Cleveleys you’ll find a traditional bustling seaside resort with shops, cafés, restaurants, and an award-winning promenade.
From Cleveleys you can take the tram in one direction to the coastal fishing town of Fleetwood, which is home to the outlet village, or in the other towards the glitz, glamour, and razzamatazz of Blackpool. Blackpool is home to an endless list of attractions including the Pleasure Beach, Blackpool Tower, Sandcastle Water Park, Madam Tussauds and the Sealife Centre. Alternatively, a short car journey round the beautiful Fylde Coast will take you to leafy and cosmopolitan Lytham through to St Annes, and finally if you want to swap the coast for the countryside, the Forest of Bowland Area of Natural Beauty is around a 30-minute drive, and the Lake District National Park around an hour.£81From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Blackpool, EnglandJust 1.5 miles from Cleveleys main promenade, Coleridge Lodge is a delightful semi-detached bungalow that can be found in a quiet and desirable location in the seaside town of Thornton-Cleveleys. Tastefully decorated, and with all modern amenities it provides a real home from home experience. The south facing garden is perfect for relaxing in after a day of exploring what this part of the Lancashire Fylde Coast has to offer. There are plenty of shops, pubs, bars and restaurants and all within easy reach. On the seafront you will find plenty of benches and pavement cafés to sit and watch the world go by as well as fish and chip shops, ice-cream parlours and street entertainers, there’s a real holiday atmosphere!
Simply jump on the tram to visit the neighbouring fishing town of Fleetwood or the glitz and glamour of Blackpool, home to miles of sandy beach, amusements galore, and of course the Pleasure Beach! For a change of scenery the Forest of Bowland an Aera of Outstanding Natural Beauty is around a 30-minute drive away and the Lake District National Park around an hour. Coast or countryside, relaxing or exploring, the choice really is yours. Beach 1½ miles. Pub 1 mile.£69From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Blackpool, EnglandWharfdale Lodge is a superb semi-detached bungalow that can be found in a quiet residential area of the Fylde coastal resort of Thornton-Cleveleys. Set between the two neighbouring towns you’ll find a wealth of shops, restaurants and coastal attractions are easily accessible.
In Thornton there are shops and pubs together with an 18th-century windmill and the Wyre Estuary Country Park. In the bustling seaside town of Cleveleys, you’ll find pavement cafés and restaurants, together with miles of beach to explore. Cleveleys seafront is home to the Mythic Coast Artwork trail, where striking giant sculptures bring to life ’The Sea Swallow’ story. The vast beach is made up of sand and shingle, and you’ll find traditional past times of sandcastle building, and kite flying are as popular as ever.
The bright lights of Blackpool, Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Blackpool Tower are just 4 miles round the coast and can be reached by the famous Blackpool Tram which passes through Cleveleys. If you drive a few miles further you’ll reach the beautiful sandy beaches of St Annes and, wonderfully cosmopolitan, Lytham which is home to annual events such as the incredibly popular Lytham Festival. If you venture inland, you’ll find the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, known for its picturesque country villages, wonderful walking and friendly local pubs. The Yorkshire Dales National Park is also within easy reach as is the Lake District National Park.£87From price per night based on 7 night stay