With wonderful scenery and awe-inspiring landscapes, Lancashire is absolutely bursting with natural beauty. From countryside and moorlands to coastline and the infamous seaside town of Blackpool, there's plenty of amazing sights for you and your canine companion to discover on your dog-friendly short break.
- Preston, Lancashire , England
A beautiful Grade II listed Georgian house set in three acres of mature lawns and gardens, dog-friendly Farington Lodge in Lancashire is a wonderfully tranquil, rural retreat offering a delightful blend of historic grandeur and contemporary luxury.£109Price per night from
- Blackpool, EnglandSeaview House is a superb, beachfront townhouse boasting stunning sea views in the heart of Cleveleys. Set across three floors, there is a double bedroom on the ground floor as well as a twin with an amazing Star Wars theme in recognition of the recent filming of the movie in the town. On this floor you’ll also find a beautifully designed shower room, a laundry area with washing machine and drier, and access out to the garden which has a decking area with seating perfect for al-fresco dining. The first floor has a bright and spacious open plan layout with a well-equipped kitchen, dining area and living room complete with a corner sofa, 55 inch TV and stylish electric fire with LED lighting. Upstairs on the third floor, you’ll find the master bedroom with gorgeous views out over the beach and a fourth bedroom with kingsize bed as well as a bathroom with shower over the bath.
Located in the very centre of this bustling seaside resort, Seaview House is just yards away from the seafront as well as being close to a number of bars, restaurants, shops and cafés. There are miles of beach to explore with lots of dog friendly sections for your furry friends. The bright lights of Blackpool are just 4 miles away and can be reached on foot following the promenade along the seafront. Here you’ll find its many attractions including, Blackpool Tower, Pleasure Beach and Blackpool Zoo. Just a few miles further will take you to the rolling sand dunes of Lytham St Anne’s and the cosmopolitan Lytham which holds annual events such as The Proms and a kite festival. Venture inland and you’ll find the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, known for its picturesque country villages, wonderful walking and friendly local pubs. The Yorkshire Dales National Park is also within easy reach as is the Lake District National Park.£113From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThese lovely barn conversions stand adjacent to the owner’s home, and boast a favourable position in a rural location. Located on a working sheep and beef farm, they are just 330 yards from the centre of the pretty village of Kelbrook. Guests at Moorgate Farm can enjoy the wonderful views of Pendle Hill and the surrounding countryside, whilst being close enough to the centre of the village to be able to walk to the local pub. With an abundance of local walks from the doorstep, these are a perfect retreat for families, couples or groups of friends.
The small village of Kelbrook lies near the Lancashire/Yorkshire border, which means that guests can take advantage of everything these two rural counties have to offer. Just 9 miles from the charming market town of Skipton, the ‘Gateway to the Yorkshire Dales’, guests can enjoy the local market and the selection of pubs, shops, cafés and restaurants available. Clitheroe and the Forest of Bowland, Lancashire’s Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, is just 10 miles away and offers an abundance of walking, cycling and local gastronomy to try. After a long day exploring and sightseeing, the private hot tub is a welcome retreat in which to relax and recharge. Shop, pub and restaurant 550 yards.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.£118From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandEnjoying a rural location that is just 1 mile from the bustling town of Clitheroe, Number 5 The Granary offers well-proportioned and comfortable accommodation in the heart of Lancashire’s Ribble Valley. Ideal for families and couples, this spacious semi-detached barn has been thoughtfully designed to provide everything guests need from a holiday home. Comprising of comfortable bedrooms, contemporary bathrooms and fantastic open plan living area with a well-equipped kitchen and plenty of comfy seating from which to enjoy the Smart TV and Wi-Fi. The wood burning stove provides a welcoming focal point around which to relax, and its central position within the room means it can be enjoyed from any angle. Additional facilities include a downstairs cloakroom and toilet, separate utility and French windows from the kitchen leading onto the private patio. Plenty of parking also means that you can leave the car behind when heading into the town centre, which if you don’t fancy a mile’s walk is just a short bus or taxi ride.
The market town of Clitheroe is regarded as the capital of Lancashire’s Ribble Valley and apart from its Norman castle, has a great selection of shops, bars, cafes and restaurants. Other popular towns and villages within the Ribble Valley include Longridge, Chatburn, Ribchester, Waddington and Whalley. With stunning scenery and lots of charming country pubs, the Ribble Valley is perfect for walkers and cyclists. The Forest of Bowland, which is one of the UK’s designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, covers over 300 square miles of rural Lancashire, and North Yorkshire is right on the doorstep. Other popular walks include Pendle Hill and the Tolkien Trail. The Forest of Gisburn is just 12 miles away. Other popular activities nearby include golf, fishing and swimming.
Families with children will enjoy Clitheroe Castle Museum, 1.5 miles, Bashall Barn, 4 miles, and Bowland Wild Boar Park, 10 miles. Should you wish to venture further afield, No 5 The Granary is ideally placed for touring thanks to its proximity to the motorway network and there is easy access for both coast and country. Blackpool, whose many attractions include the famous tower, Pleasure Beach, zoo, Sealife Centre and Madame Tussauds, is within a 45 minute drive. Shop and pub 1 mile, restaurant ½ mile.
5 The Granary can be booked with Holgate’s Granary (UKC1260) to accommodate up to 12 guests.£83From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Preston, Kent, EnglandThis former farm house at West Boundary Farm has been thoughtfully converted into two bright and comfortable holiday cottages (ref. 27557 and ref. 27558). An interconnecting door between the two cottages means that they can either be enjoyed independently or as one larger holiday home. Situated down a private lane on the outskirts of the small village of Pilling, these properties are ideal for exploring the North West coast. Blackpool, Lytham St Annes, Fleetwood and Poulton-le-Fylde are all within a short drive. Alternatively, the Trough of Bowland, Lake District and Yorkshire Dales are all easily accessible by car. Two well stocked fishing lakes can be found within the farm’s extensive grounds and this is offered free of charge to guests. Shop and pub ½ mile, restaurant 3 miles.£48From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Preston, Kent, EnglandThis former farm house at West Boundary Farm has been thoughtfully converted into two bright and comfortable holiday cottages (ref. 27557 and ref. 27558). An interconnecting door between the two cottages means that they can either be enjoyed independently or as one larger holiday home. Situated down a private lane on the outskirts of the small village of Pilling, these properties are ideal for exploring the North West coast. Blackpool, Lytham St Annes, Fleetwood and Poulton-le-Fylde are all within a short drive. Alternatively, the Trough of Bowland, Lake District and Yorkshire Dales are all easily accessible by car. Two well stocked fishing lakes can be found within the farm’s extensive grounds and this is offered free of charge to guests. Shop and pub ½ mile, restaurant 3 miles.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lytham Saint Annes, EnglandLocated on a quiet residential street in Fairhaven, within 2 miles of Lytham and St Annes, this semi-detached holiday cottage provides spacious and comfortable accommodation. Fairhaven lake is a short walk, offering tennis, boat hire and bowling amongst its attractions. There is also a cafe and RSPB discovery centre. Nearby is a cinema, indoor swimming pool, a beach and a variety of coastal walks. Within a short drive, there are four 18-hole golf courses. The attractive towns of Lytham and St Anne’s offering bars, restaurants and cafes, are within 2 miles. Blackpool is approximately 8 miles. The Lake District is approximately 1-hour. Shop ½ mile, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£62From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Clitheroe, EnglandLocated at the end of a well maintained country road lies the small hamlet of Harrop Fold which has a history dating back to the 12th century and has been judged ’Best Kept Hamlet’ in Lancashire for 3 consecutive years. There are good garden centres and an equestrian centre nearby.
The beautiful unspoilt villages of Bolton by Bowland and Slaidburn are only 3 miles away and the impressive Trough of Bowland, the market towns of Clitheroe and Skipton, the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District are all within easy driving distance.
A great holiday base for walkers, cyclists and families. Shop 4 miles, pub, 2½ miles and restaurant, 4 miles.£40From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Sabden, EnglandAs you step through the front door, you’ll be greeted by the warm embrace of character-filled wooden beams that crisscross the ceiling, creating a cosy and inviting atmosphere. The heart of this delightful retreat is the open-plan space that seamlessly combines the dining room, kitchen, and living room. The kitchen is fully equipped with modern appliances, allowing you to whip up delicious meals while enjoying the company of your fellow travellers. The wooden dining table, set against the backdrop of the exposed beams, provides the perfect spot for intimate meals or lively conversations. The living room area is designed for relaxation, featuring a comfortable sofa and tub chair arranged around a central focal point—the wood burner. Imagine curling up with a good book or sipping on a glass of wine while the flames dance and cast a warm glow throughout the room.
Ideally situated, nestled in the small village of Sabden within the Ribble Valley on a small working farm, enjoy rolling countryside views and the tranquil sound of the farm animals. Located in Sabden, a village in the heart of Pendle, The Boskins is the ideal base for walking, cycling and exploring everything that this area of natural beauty and engaging history has to offer.
Walking routes are abundant for all abilities in the surrounding countryside, taking you up to the top of Pendle Hill where the views stretch out right across the Ribble Valley - you can even see the Yorkshire Peaks and Fylde Coast out in the distance on a clear day. The Pendle district of Lancashire is famed for its connections to the Pendle Witches. The Pendle Way walking route starts in Sabden offering plenty of scenic walks from your doorstep, taking you past the famous ’lairs’ of the Pendle Witches. Wycoller is also nearby - popular for its Bronte connections. The picturesque hamlet is steeped in history and is home to the 1000-year-old Clam Bridge across the Wycoller Beck, which is now listed as an ancient monument.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay