With the perfect blend of city, countryside and coast, Lincolnshire has everything for your perfect pet getaway. Explore the historical villages and towns or embark upon an adventure through the rolling hills, hidden valleys or across one of the beautiful award-winning beaches.
- Horncastle, EnglandThis lovely modern, detached cottage is ideal for couples and families to enjoy a relaxing break away. Its spacious open plan living space has a feature wood burner and offers views across the garden to the surrounding countryside over looking a disused windmill. To the rear views across the wolds towards Tennyson country. Set in a large garden means there is plenty of space for everyone to enjoy, and there is a footpath close by providing a short cut towards the pub. For days out, visit the coast for miles of sandy beaches or head inland, 28 miles to the city of Lincoln, with its spectacular cathedral, castle, popular Bailgate area for shopping, restaurants and bars. Or head down Steep Hill to the Brayford Waterside where you can watch the boats cruise by. After a day exploring you can cosy up in front of the wood burner or relax on the large terrace and enjoy the peace and quiet, with very little light pollution its great for the star gazers among you. Attractions in the area include, Cadwell park race track, Market Rasen Horse racing, Woodhall Spa gold as well as home of the dam busters, Horncastle, antique centre of Lincolnshire and Spilsby Sir John Franklins birth place. Sommersby Tennysons birth place, Coningsby home of the Battle of Briton flight and the Euro fighter. Best of all the Lincolnshire wolds, go out the gate, turn right and you dont have to see a main road let alone cross one.£81From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Grantham, EnglandLeadenham is situated 15 miles south of Lincoln, in a village well known for its polo club and gastro pub which is just 200 yards away. These nine properties (refs UK35774, UK35898, UK35899, UK35900, UK35901, UK35903, UK35904, UK35906 and UK35907) have been lovingly modernised to provide comfortable accommodation with period furniture, giving them a lovely, homely feel. Ideal for a relaxing break or as a touring base, with the city of Lincoln, famous for its cathedral and castle, to the north and Grantham and Stamford, home of the world-famous Burghley Horse Trials, to the south. Rutland Water is a 30-minute drive away, and to the east are the sandy beaches of the seaside resort of Skegness, just over an hour’s drive. The area is full of excellent walks and cycle routes, and after a day exploring you can return to enjoy the village pub or tearoom for refreshment.£67From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Skegness, EnglandLambourne House is set in very spacious 4½ acres of landscaped gardens in the Lincolnshire countryside, which are shared with four other adjoining holiday cottages. Just 10 minutes’ drive from Skegness are the long white sands of the east coast. Ashtree Court offers a haven for perfect private family holidays, with all the fun of the traditional seaside resort of Skegness close by.
Lambourne House has everything needed to relax and enjoy a traditional family holiday, with five double bedrooms, expansive living rooms, a beautiful inglenook fireplace and all the luxury facilities you would expect from a house of this size, including a gym. The mature garden, with its play areas and barbecues, provides a wonderful place for family fun, and the heated indoor swimming pool ensures entertainment all year round. Off road parking in designated areas right outside the farmhouse affords easy access for loading and unloading luggage and shopping.
There is plenty to see and do in and around the area. Less than a mile away is a good pub for families, which serves both food and drink. The closest beach for lazy summer walks, building sandcastles, sunbathing or indulging in bracing winter wanderings, is 10 minutes away by road, and the nearest golf course, North Shore, is the same distance away. Keen fishermen will enjoy the coarse fishing lakes just 300 yards away.
The town of Skegness has all the facilities you would expect of an established seaside town and modern commercial centre - shops, bars, pubs, restaurants, cafés, cinema, theatre, fun fair, seaside amusements, park, aquarium, sports and fishing facilities, as well as a hospital and excellent road and rail links. Beach 2 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£294From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Peterborough, EnglandFletland Holiday Hamlet enjoys an enviable position alongside the River Glen, with each property having its own private patio to enjoy overlooking the river and the grazing horses and llamas in the fields. Set within the 3 acres of mainly lawned grounds, there is plenty of opportunity to sit back and relax and take in this tranquil setting, which is an ideal place for a relaxing break. There are a further 8 acres which are enclosed and situated across the river with a riverside walk exclusive to these properties. Those taking their dog away will enjoy the large, enclosed area just for dogs to be able to run off the lead, and for the more energetic guests there is use of the tennis court by arrangement.
Situated just 9 miles from the centre of Stamford, the home of the World-Famous Burghley Horse Trials, and 11 miles from Peterborough, this is also an excellent touring base with the area boasting many good country pubs and tea rooms on your travels for refreshment with good walks and cycle routes from your door. The nearby village of Baston has a shop and pub serving good food with Market Deeping just 3.5 miles away for more shops and amenities.
Fletland Mill can be booked together with The Sett - UK34797, The Den - UK34809, The Holt - UK34811, The Roost - UK34813 and The Warren - UK34820 to accommodate up to 30 guests.£243From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Harlaxton, EnglandThis Grade II listed Park House is in the picturesque conservation village of Harlaxton near Grantham in Lincolnshire, and guests benefit from complimentary wifi and parking on site. This holiday home has 4 bedrooms including one downstairs, and two rooms can be arranged as either twin beds or king size beds. There’s a spacious lounge, large, enclosed garden, and well-equipped kitchen.
Guests can enjoy visiting Belvoir Castle, Belton House and Isaac Newton’s Woolsthorpe Manor, and the local market towns of Melton Mowbray and Stamford.
This picturesque conservation village has a shop/post office and walks within Harlaxton Manor’s wider grounds and along Grantham Canal, and a children’s play area. There are a number of golf courses available within a 20-minute drive from Park House. For fishermen, there are also 2 fisheries nearby which offer day tickets (licence required). Belvoir Lakes is 4 miles away (at cost), and Woodland Waters is 13½ miles (also at cost). Enjoy Belvoir Castle (seasonal opening), including the Capability Brown gardens, Belton House (National Trust) and its adventure playground, Twin Lakes Family Theme Park, Isaac Newton’s Woolsthorpe Manor (National Trust), Rutland Water, Tallington Lakes and Burghley House, including its international horse trials.
Explore the market town of Grantham, 2 miles, which offers supermarkets, cafes and restaurants, a leisure centre with swimming pools, multi-screen cinema, ten pin bowling alley, Jump Revolution trampoline park, Fun Farm indoor soft play centre and Alpha Wolf Urban Axe Throwing Centre. Or visit the neighbouring towns of Newark, Melton Mowbray, Stamford and Oakham, plus historic Lincoln and its cathedral, castle and Magna Carta exhibition, vibrant Nottingham and its National Ice Centre, and Leicester, including the National Space Centre and the King Richard lll Visitor Centre. Cycling, walking and golf available locally. Fishing available, 4 miles. Shop and pub in Harlaxton.£114From price per night based on 7 night stay
- West Ashby, EnglandSituated just outside the small village of West Ashby on an 8 acre small holding, this single storey cottage is in an ideal location for holidaymakers wishing to explore the delights of the Lincolnshire Wolds. The tranquil village of Fulletby and the country market town of Horncastle are only 2 miles away. Experience Lincoln’s remarkable sites and historic gems, including Lincoln Cathedral, medieval Bishop’s Palace, Lincoln Castle, the Museum of Lincolnshire Life and Ellis Mill. For a fantastic day out for all the family, the famous Pleasure Island Theme Park is a must. Golf course and day fishing ½ mile. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£44From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Little London, EnglandThis cottage, originally a thatched timber framed dwelling dating from the late 17th or early 18th century, stands by itself in a large, unfenced garden which has superb views. Inside much of the original oak frame and beams remain exposed and, as in keeping with a cottage of this age, there are low ceilings and doorways. The property is in an ideal base to visit attractions the area has to offer like the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, East Kirkby Aviation Museum, Gunby Hall NT. Good walks starting from the cottage. Tennyson was born in the next village whilst Horncastle is 6 miles, Lincoln, 23 miles and Louth 8 miles, great beaches approx 15 miles, Gibralter Point 21 miles. Shop 6 miles, Pubs in neighbouring villages 3- 4 miles approx.£58From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Burgh le Marsh, EnglandSet on a working farm just 1 mile from local inns and shops in the picturesque village of Burgh le Marsh, this tastefully converted detached barn makes an ideal base for a holiday. 5 miles away is the seaside resort of Skegness with its wide sandy beaches and family attractions, including Fantasy Island. Bateman’s Brewery visitors centre, golf courses, fishing lakes, nature reserves provide all year round interest. The pupping seals at Donna Nook (November/December) should not be missed. The historical city of Lincoln and the market town of Boston, Spalding, Horncastle and Louth are within easy reach. Shop and pub 1 mile.£59From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Skegness, EnglandSet to the rear of the owner’s home, with views over open fields to the side, in a peaceful location yet only a short distance of the popular seaside resort of Skegness, lie Ashington Holiday Cottages (refs 29130, 29131 and UKC2370). They provide well-appointed, comfortable, detached accommodation. The traditional holiday resort of Skegness is well known for its sandy beaches, seal sanctuary, Gibraltor Point Nature Reserve and fun fair. There are two excellent 18-hole links golf courses nearby at North Shore and Seacroft, with fishing lakes throughout the area one of which is just ½ mile away. The region offers good walking and cycle routes, with the Lincolnshire Wolds and the market towns of Louth and Alford nearby. Horncastle, best known for its numerous antique shops, is about 25 minutes’ drive. Shop and pub serving food 1 mile.
Oak Cottage (ref 29130), Hawthorne Cottage (ref 29131) and Willow Cottage (ref UKC2370) can be booked together to accommodate up to 10 guests.£45From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Burgh le Marsh, EnglandPositioned alongside well-established coarse fishing lakes in a peaceful, rural location, these five detached lodges (refs UKC1324, UKC1325, 29727, 29728 and 29729) provide superb holiday accommodation. The properties are just 2 miles from Burgh le Marsh and only 5 miles from the seaside resort of Skegness with its excellent sandy beaches, fun fair, amusements, theatre, a seal sanctuary and Gibraltar Point Nature Reserve. Each lodge has its own private hot tub positioned on the decked veranda overlooking the fishing lakes, which are all well stocked with mature carp up to 20lbs, barble up to 11lbs and bream up to 7lbs, as well as crucian carp, chub, tench, ide, rudd, roach and perch. For those that don’t want to fish, there is plenty to see and do in the area. Attractions in the area include the Lincolnshire Wolds, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight at Coningsby or Horncastle, a 30-minute drive, which is famous for its many antique and collectables shops. Visit Fantasy Island at Ingoldmells. Lincoln Cathedral, where ’The Da Vinci Code’ was filmed with Tom Hanks, is about an hour’s drive and there are many excellent walks and cycle routes throughout the area. Beach 5 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles. The properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 24 guests.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay