With the perfect blend of city, countryside and coast, Lincolnshire has everything for your perfect pet getaway. Explore the historical villages and towns or embark upon an adventure through the rolling hills, hidden valleys or across one of the beautiful award-winning beaches.
- Horncastle, EnglandThis lovely modern, detached cottage is ideal for couples and families to enjoy a relaxing break away. Its spacious open plan living space has a feature wood burner and offers views across the garden to the surrounding countryside over looking a disused windmill. To the rear views across the wolds towards Tennyson country. Set in a large garden means there is plenty of space for everyone to enjoy, and there is a footpath close by providing a short cut towards the pub. For days out, visit the coast for miles of sandy beaches or head inland, 28 miles to the city of Lincoln, with its spectacular cathedral, castle, popular Bailgate area for shopping, restaurants and bars. Or head down Steep Hill to the Brayford Waterside where you can watch the boats cruise by. After a day exploring you can cosy up in front of the wood burner or relax on the large terrace and enjoy the peace and quiet, with very little light pollution its great for the star gazers among you. Attractions in the area include, Cadwell park race track, Market Rasen Horse racing, Woodhall Spa gold as well as home of the dam busters, Horncastle, antique centre of Lincolnshire and Spilsby Sir John Franklins birth place. Sommersby Tennysons birth place, Coningsby home of the Battle of Briton flight and the Euro fighter. Best of all the Lincolnshire wolds, go out the gate, turn right and you dont have to see a main road let alone cross one.£81From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Grantham, EnglandLeadenham is situated 15 miles south of Lincoln, in a village well known for its polo club and gastro pub which is just 200 yards away. These nine properties (refs UK35774, UK35898, UK35899, UK35900, UK35901, UK35903, UK35904, UK35906 and UK35907) have been lovingly modernised to provide comfortable accommodation with period furniture, giving them a lovely, homely feel. Ideal for a relaxing break or as a touring base, with the city of Lincoln, famous for its cathedral and castle, to the north and Grantham and Stamford, home of the world-famous Burghley Horse Trials, to the south. Rutland Water is a 30-minute drive away, and to the east are the sandy beaches of the seaside resort of Skegness, just over an hour’s drive. The area is full of excellent walks and cycle routes, and after a day exploring you can return to enjoy the village pub or tearoom for refreshment.£67From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Skegness, EnglandLambourne House is set in very spacious 4½ acres of landscaped gardens in the Lincolnshire countryside, which are shared with four other adjoining holiday cottages. Just 10 minutes’ drive from Skegness are the long white sands of the east coast. Ashtree Court offers a haven for perfect private family holidays, with all the fun of the traditional seaside resort of Skegness close by.
Lambourne House has everything needed to relax and enjoy a traditional family holiday, with five double bedrooms, expansive living rooms, a beautiful inglenook fireplace and all the luxury facilities you would expect from a house of this size, including a gym. The mature garden, with its play areas and barbecues, provides a wonderful place for family fun, and the heated indoor swimming pool ensures entertainment all year round. Off road parking in designated areas right outside the farmhouse affords easy access for loading and unloading luggage and shopping.
There is plenty to see and do in and around the area. Less than a mile away is a good pub for families, which serves both food and drink. The closest beach for lazy summer walks, building sandcastles, sunbathing or indulging in bracing winter wanderings, is 10 minutes away by road, and the nearest golf course, North Shore, is the same distance away. Keen fishermen will enjoy the coarse fishing lakes just 300 yards away.
The town of Skegness has all the facilities you would expect of an established seaside town and modern commercial centre - shops, bars, pubs, restaurants, cafés, cinema, theatre, fun fair, seaside amusements, park, aquarium, sports and fishing facilities, as well as a hospital and excellent road and rail links. Beach 2 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£294From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Benniworth, EnglandEnjoying splendid views over the glorious Wolds countryside in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this truly luxurious barn conversion offers a wonderful holiday at any time of year in a very peaceful location with walking from the door on well marked paths. Adjacent to the owner’s farm the barn enjoys its own private terrace and large enclosed lawned garden. Horse racing at Market Rasen and the market towns of Horncastle and Louth are within 10 miles and Lincoln is 15 miles. Also 15 miles are the Hemswell Antique Centre and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. National Trust’s Tattersall Castle and Gunby Hall and east coast beaches are 28 miles. Shops 2½ miles, pub 2.5 miles.£84From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Skegness, EnglandNestled in the tranquil grounds of Ashtree Court, these adjoining cottages (five in total) with a shared heated indoor pool really are some of the most delightful cottages you will find in the area. Within 5 minutes of the glorious sandy beaches and easy reach of the rolling Lincolnshire Wolds, these four extremely comfortable cottages form a small select group overlooking a central courtyard and enjoying shared use of a heated indoor swimming pool and children’s play area. Set in 4 acres of beautiful mature gardens they offer the ideal location for a relaxing holiday and for touring the coast and wolds. There is excellent coarse fishing just 300 yards away and golf (handicap required) is available at the well-known Seacroft links golf course and Northshore (no handicap), which are both nearby. Within easy reach are the famous Battle of Britain Aircraft Museum and the East Kirby Lancaster Museum, RSPB Gibraltar Point, NT Gunby Hall, Snipedale Nature Reserve and Forest, and the historical city of Lincoln with its cathedral, castle and excellent shopping. Antique hunting can be enjoyed at Horncastle 18 miles away, and Louth offers a lovely traditional market town. Skegness and Ingoldmells with its seaside attractions, is just 2 miles. Shop and pub 1 mile.£120From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wainfleet Saint Mary, EnglandSituated on a section of the River Steeping known as the ’Haven’, these beautifully converted cottages offer cosy, stylish holiday accommodation in a peaceful, picturesque location and enjoy country views. All three properties have the added benefit of a private hot tub. Originally agricultural buildings dating from 1872, access to the cottages is via a private lane on the owner’s arable farm, which itself is steeped in history. Guests are welcome to explore over 80 acres of riverbank and tracks, ideal for wildlife watching and romantic strolls. Just 800 yards away is the medieval town of Wainfleet All Saints. Here visitors will find a weekly market and street auctions, pubs, a famous brewery with visitor tours, restaurants and shops. Award-winning sandy beaches, family entertainment and amusements can be found 5 miles away in Skegness, and Fantasy Island fun park is 8 miles. Gunby Hall is 7 miles and Tattersall Castle 15 miles, both National Trust. Horncastle, famous for antiques, is 15 miles and the medieval cathedral city of Lincoln is 40 miles. Shops and pub 800 yards.£44From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lincoln, EnglandAttractive log cabin in Tattershall Lakes Country Park holiday complex. Spacious living area, hot tub, private fishing peg. Overlooks lake. Good on-site facilities. Excellent base for cycling and touring.£104From price per night based on 7 night stay