With the perfect blend of city, countryside and coast, Lincolnshire has everything for your perfect pet getaway. Explore the historical villages and towns or embark upon an adventure through the rolling hills, hidden valleys or across one of the beautiful award-winning beaches.
- Boston, EnglandA truly unique lodge fitted out with comfort and quality in mind to make for a lovely relaxing stay with both bedrooms having their own en-suite shower room. Not only is there a hot tub, sauna, gas fire pit and barbeque, but also a large garden room to sit back and relax in. There is also an ice bath that can be provided on request.
Whether you are planning a weekend away with the girls or you simply want to treat you and your partner to a relaxing spa treatment, our fabulous in-house therapist is available, fully insured and trained in spa and holistic treatments. Spa therapy treatments require 7 day booking in advance. Brochure provided via email upon booking.
Nearby Kirton has a good range of amenities including shops and pub which is only a 10-minute walk away, with the town of Boston just a 10-minute drive to the north where you can visit the famous Boston ’Stump’, enjoy numerous good restaurants, shops, cafés and bars as well as the weekly market. For days out, the seaside resort of Skegness is approx. 45 minutes, and Hunstanton in Norfolk about an hour’s drive. Major cities surrounding within a 35-mile radius. Nature reserves at Frampton RSPB and Gibraltor Point offer opportunity to see the migrating birds and wildlife as well as many miles of excellent walks. For cycle enthusiasts, there are some great cycle routes close by.
While you’re surrounding yourself in romantic luxury see if you can spot the abundance of wildlife, including, squirrels, owls, bats, dragonflies, rabbits, robins, woodpeckers, various birds of prey and the occasional muntjac deer.£192From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Frithville, EnglandThese two peacefully sited, smartly furnished and welcoming cottages enjoy open views over the surrounding cornfields in a landscape of wide skies, superb sunsets, ancient windmills and tiny unspoilt villages. Their sheltered courtyard setting is divided by ornamental planting to afford privacy and an ideal spot for sitting out and to the rear of the properties is a lovely lawned area with a fenced wildlife area including summerhouse and lily pond. The attractive town of Boston – still a trading port – lies just 4 miles away and within 12 miles visitors can explore Tattershall Castle (National Trust), the Battle of Britain Air Museum and the east coast. Family fun at Skegness, Fantasy Island, superb beaches and bird watching at the Gibraltar Point nature reserve are all under 20 miles. Fishing and golf are available locally. Shops and inns 2 miles.£126From price per night based on 7 night stay
- North Willingham, EnglandThese delightful barn conversions (refs 25589, 26477, 26718, 26724, 26726 and 29579) maintain many original features and are set in the heart of The Lincolnshire Wolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The properties (except 29579) have all received a Green Tourism Business Scheme Gold Award. Within the grounds of the farm, these holiday properties offer coarse fishing on the farm lake, as well as many excellent walks and fantastic views across the countryside.
On the edge of the village of North Willingham, the barns provide an excellent base for exploring. Just 3½ miles from Market Rasen with its world famous racecourse, excellent range of restaurants, pubs, shops and market. Horncastle is renowned for its antique shops and is only a short drive, as is the unspoilt Georgian town of Louth with two busy market days a week. A visit to the sandy beaches at Mablethorpe or Skegness are always worth a day out, as is a visit to Lincoln Cathedral and the Bailgate area used in the filming of the ‘Da Vinci Code’. Shops, pub and restaurant 4 miles.£57From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lincoln, EnglandSituated in 60 acres of countryside just a short drive to Lincoln and Newark, these comfortable, detached lodges, Humphrey-Basil Lodge (ref UKC2176), Winston Lodge (ref W43482), Oscar Lodge (ref W43483) and George Lodge (ref W43484), offer an excellent base from which to explore the area, or to simply relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of this tranquil location, in addition to the tranquil setting and stunning countryside views. The Timothy Suite (UKC2177) also has stunning countryside views and is situated on Birchdale farm yard.
Lincoln is well known for its Christmas market, famous cathedral and castle, which houses the Magna Carta Centre. The Bailgate shopping area of Lincoln has many restaurants and shops. It is a great place to explore, and a walk down the hill into the centre of the city takes you to the vibrant Brayford Wharf area. Newark Showground is about 10 minutes’ drive away, and is well known for its international antique fairs. There are good walks and cycle routes from the door, as well as golf courses in the local area. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£116From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Skegness, EnglandGibraltar Barns are a collection of sympathetically converted holiday properties which skilfully maintain many original features and offer a superb range of luxury accommodation to suit everyone. Tucked away to the south of the traditional seaside resort of Skegness close to Gibraltar Point Nature Reserve and less than mile from the beach, these wonderful barn conversions offer something for all to enjoy.
The romantic Avocet (UK32213) is the perfect choice for couples, accommodating 2 guests while Lapwing (UK32201), Curlew (UK32212) and Sandpiper (UK32208) will appeal to small families, each sleeping up to 4 guests. Sandpiper is set all on one level and features a wet-room, so is ideal for those who are less mobile. Oyster Catcher (UK32200) is the larger of the barns boasting three comfortable bedrooms, offering a spacious retreat for larger families or groups. Each property benefits from their own private garden and 4 of them have their own hot tubs too (Sandpiper does not).
Gibraltar Point National Nature Reserve is within walking distance and is well known for its unspoilt coastline that runs southwards from the edge of Skegness to the mouth of the Wash. The impressive views along with the sheer scale and diversity of wildlife makes it well worth visiting at all times of the year. There is also a visitor centre and café for refreshment.
Skegness is a fantastic traditional seaside resort and has something for all the family to enjoy from its funfair, amusements, aquarium and award winning sandy beaches to its range of restaurants, bars and nightlife. Watching the Banger racing is sure to make for a fun family day out and in the summer you can enjoy a donkey ride along the beach. An 18-hole links golf course is also within a mile.
Alternatively head inland to the rolling Lincolnshire Wolds, an Area of Natural Beauty, and explore the market towns of Louth, Market Rasen and Horncastle. Enjoy the motor racing at Cadwell Park, the horse racing at Market Rasen or even a day out in the City of Lincoln, famous for its Cathedral and Castle. Enjoying a rural location on the edge of the owners farm there are lovely walks straight from the door with the nearby nature reserve offering many miles of peaceful walks. Beach 1 mile. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 20 guests.£144From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Skegness, EnglandThere is something for everyone to enjoy in the area; catch the bus to Fantasy island, Butlins or into the seaside resort of Skegness with its funfair, amusements, seal sanctuary, aquarium and Gibraltar Point Nature Reserve. Or travel in the other direction to Chapel St Leonards with its shops and amusements, Seascape Café where you watch the sun rise and set, Anderby Creek, as well as Sutton on Sea and Mablethorpe all along the coast to the north. There are good walks and cycle routes from the door and you can return in the evenings to the luxury and comfort of Sycamore Lodge to relax in front of your tv, or sit back in the garden and gaze at the rolling hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds in the distance. There is horse riding and coarse fishing nearby with the pub and shop 500 yds away.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Horncastle, EnglandHeron’s Den is a stunning three-bedroom property located in the charming town of Horncastle. The open-plan living area is the perfect place to relax in with its cosy atmosphere and comfortable furnishings. The well-equipped kitchen is perfect for those who love to cook, with everything you need to whip up a delicious meal. The ground floor boasts a double bedroom with an en-suite, while the second floor has two kingsize bedrooms, each with a Smart TV. The bathroom has a bath/shower mixer and handset making it perfect for a relaxing soak at the end of a busy day.
When you’re not enjoying the comfort of Heron’s Den, there’s plenty to see and do in the surrounding area. Horncastle is known for its charming independent shops, which offer everything from antiques to artisanal food. The town is also home to several historic buildings, including the beautiful St. Mary’s Church. For nature lovers, the nearby Wolds Wildlife Park is a must-visit, with its collection of exotic animals and beautiful gardens. And if you’re looking for a bit of adventure, the Lincolnshire Wolds are just a short drive away, offering stunning scenery and plenty of opportunities for hiking and cycling.
No matter what your interests are, Heron’s Den is the perfect base for exploring everything that Horncastle and the surrounding area have to offer. So why not book your stay today and start planning your next adventure?
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 12 guests.£83From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Boston, EnglandWelcome to East Side, your cosy retreat just a 15-minute drive to the heart of Peterborough and the same to Spalding. Crowland is a small market town with a village feel. This charming holiday let offers a perfect blend of comfort and convenience. East Side provides everything you need for an enjoyable stay with plenty of local attractions to keep you entertained.
East Side places you in close proximity to a wide range of activities and experiences. Nature enthusiasts will delight in the nearby Nene Park, a sprawling green oasis that offers walking and cycling trails, as well as tranquil lakeside picnicking spots. It’s the ideal place to reconnect with the outdoors and soak in the natural beauty that Peterborough has to offer. For history buffs, the city is brimming with heritage. Be sure to visit Peterborough Cathedral, an architectural marvel with a rich history dating back to the 12th century. Its stunning Gothic architecture and serene ambiance make it a must-see. It’s a 30-minute drive to Stamford and the famous Burghley House, or for a day out why not visit Sandringham House just 1 hr away.
If you’re interested in delving even deeper into the past, Flag Fen Archaeology Park is a short drive away, where you can explore the preserved Bronze Age landscape and discover ancient relics. Foodies will find themselves spoiled for choice with several dining options including takeaways in the area. Including traditional British pubs, farm shop cafes, traditional and trendy cafes, there’s something for every palate. If you’re seeking some retail therapy, Queensgate Shopping Centre in Peterborough and Springfields shopping village are both within easy reach so you will have a variety of shops, boutiques, and department stores to explore and don’t forget the local Crowland based independent shops and cafés. For those with a thirst for culture, the Key Theatre, The Cresset and the Broadway Theatre offer an array of live performances, from drama to comedy and musicals. Check their schedules during your visit to catch a show.
East Side itself provides a welcoming, well-appointed space to return to after a day of exploration. With comfortable furnishings and all the amenities you need, it’s the perfect base for your Peterborough adventure. So, whether you’re looking to immerse yourself in nature, explore history, savour local flavours, shop until you drop or simply relax and unwind, East Side in Peterborough offers a delightful escape in an area rich with opportunities to create lasting memories. Come and experience it for yourself!£56From price per night based on 7 night stay