Dog Friendly Hotels North Yorkshire
The North Yorkshire Moors in God's own county has some of the best walks and scenery in the country. From the highest pub in the country to the Yorkshire Three Peaks, rolling hills and ancient woodland are tempting enough to make North Yorkshire one of the best destinations for a dog friendly holiday.
- Settle, EnglandSet in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, this former mill workers’ cottage is in an idyllic tranquil location at the bottom of a country lane set between the river on one side and a charming mill pond on the other. One of 12 terraced houses fronting onto a cobbled street built in 1783 to house workers for the cotton mill, now lovingly restored to combine a wealth of features with exposed stonework and beams together with the comforts of contemporary living. It makes for an ideal location from which to walk or cycle direct from the door through some of the most scenic countryside in Yorkshire. Conquer one, or all three of the ’Three Peaks’; Ingleborough, Whernside and Penyghent, or cycle through the peaceful and rarely visited Kingdale with its quiet lanes and isolated farmhouses. Alternatively, both the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District are readily accessible by car. The bustling market town of Settle is well served with a variety of pubs and restaurants and is just 1 mile away. Here you will also find a swimming pool, golf course and weekly market. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£53Price per night from
- Settle, EnglandA delightful, detached ground floor cottage, located in the hamlet of Helwith Bridge, situated close to a river and pub. Perfect for a romantic break. Three Peaks close by. Settle 4 miles.£47Price per night from
- Settle, EnglandA delightful three-storey townhouse in the centre of Settle, just 50 metres from the Market Square, ideal for the lovely old pubs and great walking from the doorstep.£53Price per night from
- Settle, EnglandA delightful terraced cottage in the quiet hamlet of Helwith Bridge, in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Woodburner. Fly fishing lake 2 min walk away. Family and pet-friendly. Walking distance to pub. Horton-in-Ribblesdale 2 miles.£54Price per night from
- Settle, EnglandA modern detached house on the edge of the pretty Dales village of Horton in Ribblesdale with Pen-Y-Ghent footpath on the doorstep. A great cottage to get away from it all and enjoy great country living. Settle 6 miles.£82Price per night from
- Settle, EnglandDelightful Grade II listed, former farmhouse close to Horton-in-Ribblesdale. Woodburning stove, open fire, excellent base for walks and cycle rides. Settle 6 miles.£72Price per night from
- Settle, EnglandA stone-built wing of a large farmhouse, just one mile from Austwick. Fabulous countryside views with flexible accommodation. WiFi, pet-friendly, woodburning stove. Settle 5 miles.£71Price per night from
- Settle, EnglandAn outstanding pet-friendly cottage in Horton-in-Ribblesdale. Former stable, full of character and charm. WiFi, Jacuzzi bath, patio, lovely views of Pen-Y-Ghent.£75Price per night from
- Settle, EnglandLocated within the Yorkshire Dales National Park, just half an hour’s drive from the Lake District, Spoutscroft Cottage is ideally located for couples and families wanting to explore the beautiful counties of Yorkshire, Cumbria and Lancashire. Dating back to the 1700s, this cosy cottage is full of charm and character, offering comfortable and homely accommodation in the heart of the Dales. On the ground floor, there is a welcoming living room with a flagged stone floor, exposed stone work, window seat, and a fireplace with a cosy, open fire. A beautiful hand-made kitchen, separate utility area and shower room complete the downstairs accommodation. On the first floor are two comfortable bedrooms, both with wooden floors and ornamental fireplaces. There is also a good sized family bathroom with wooden floor and beams. Outside to the front of the property is a pretty cottage garden with a patio area, and to the rear is a seating area (accessed via four steps) which backs on to the open countryside that surrounds the village.
The cottage occupies a great position within the popular village of Austwick which has a local shop/post office and pub which serves food as well as a tennis court and children’s play area. There is also an award-winning restaurant within a mile. A wider range of amenities can be found in the bustling market town of Settle, 5 miles away, including some great pubs, shops and supermarkets. The popular village of Ingleton, which is just 7 miles away, is well known for its caves and waterfalls and also has an open air swimming pool.
A perfect base for those who love the great outdoors, there is an abundance of walks to suit every ability, quite literally from the doorstep. For those who like to be challenged why not try Yorkshire’s famous Three Peaks? Cycling is another popular activity in these parts and for guests wanting to bring their own bicycles there is bike storage on site. The village itself is on a National Cycle Route and there are plenty of other great cycling opportunities in the area including great mountain biking at Gisburn Forest, 12 miles away. Other activities available locally include golf, caving and potholing. Being close to the border of Cumbria, Spoutscroft Cottage is also very well located for exploring the Lake District. Kendal can be reached in half an hour by car and Windermere in under an hour. Other places worth visiting within easy driving distance include the city of Lancaster, 22 miles away, Skipton, 20 miles, Levens Hall, 24 miles, Bolton Abbey, 28 miles, Ribble Valley, 20 miles and the Forest of Bowland which is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty 25 miles away. Harrogate, Haworth/Bronte Country and Blackpool are just over an hour’s drive. For those wanting to visit the coast, Morecambe Bay can be reached in 45 minutes and Blackpool is just over an hour’s drive. Should you wish to leave the car behind, there are regular buses from the village into Settle, Lancaster and Kirkby Lonsdale. Alternatively why not take a ride on the Settle-Carlisle railway. Shop 400 yards, pub ½ mile and restaurant 1 mile.£52Price per night from
- Settle, EnglandBarn House is a beautifully kept three bedroomed property, situated in the heart of Giggleswick, within walking distance of most amenities. Well-equipped and tastefully furnished, this fantastic property has been designed with comfort and relaxation in mind. Enjoy a bite to eat and snuggle up in front of the wood burner during those chillier days or go out and explore the many pubs, shops and eateries that Giggleswick and Settle have to offer.
For those of you who are keen walkers and cyclists, there is a huge amount of options available right on your doorstep and bike storage is available on-site. If you feel like exploring the wider area, why not travel the Settle-Carlisle Railway line for one of the most scenic train journeys in England, crossing the famous Ribblehead Viaduct?
The Three Peaks and stunning Yorkshire Dales are all readily accessible from Barn House, as well as the popular Waterfall Walk at Ingleton, Giggleswick Scar and White Scar Caves. Whether you are choosing Barn House as a base to explore this stunning region or simply just to enjoy Giggleswick itself, this is the perfect property for couples, friends and families. Shop ½ mile, restaurant and pub 170 yards.£68Price per night from