Pet Friendly Lodges North Yorkshire
Our pet friendly lodges in North Yorkshire make the pawfect escape. The North Yorkshire Moors in God's own county has some of the best walks and scenery in the country. From the highest pub in the country to the Yorkshire Three Peaks, rolling hills and ancient woodland are tempting enough to make North Yorkshire one of the best destinations for a dog friendly holiday.
- Bedale, EnglandNestled in the quiet hamlet of Exelby near Bedale between the North Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors, these quirky cottages provide the perfect base for a relaxing getaway.
Millers Cottage (UK30461) is upside down and is perfect for couples or a small family. A pretty living area looks out across open countryside and features beams and a cosy electric wood burner, comfortable sofas and plenty of space to relax. The well-equipped kitchen/dining area is ready to rustle up a hearty breakfast or warming supper. Downstairs are two spacious and comfortable bedrooms, one with a kingsize bed, the other with twin beds and a third bed, which can be made up on request to make a family room.
Granary Cottage (UK30462) offers plenty of space for a large family, with two living areas with comfortable sofas and TVs. The Shaker-style kitchen is well-equipped and the dining table can comfortably seat eight, should extra guests be staying in the adjoining cottages.
There is a downstairs shower room, as well as a family bathroom upstairs. Also on the first floor are three spacious bedrooms, two with twin beds and a pull-out bed (for flexible sleeping arrangements), and a third with a kingsize bed.
Farriers Cottage (UKC4323) and Dale View Cottage (UKC4324) offer comfortable accommodation on a single level for up to four people. They have a living/dining area with comfortable leather sofas, an electric ‘log effect’ fire and Freeview TV. The Shaker-style kitchen is well equipped and there is a spacious bathroom with bath and shower over. There are two bedrooms, one with a kingsize bed, the second with twin beds.
The cottages are pet friendly and each has an outside patio area with table and benches. There is a separate shared lawned area and a shared 6-acre paddock, which is ideal for exercising your furry friends. They lie within easy reach of the Yorkshire Dales National Park and lots of local attractions. A perfect location for walkers, ramblers and cyclists wanting to explore the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.
There is a friendly community owned village pub within a short walk and the bustling market town of Bedale just 3 miles away. Quaint restaurants and tea shops line the high street alongside local pubs and restaurants as well as an ice cream shop and old fashioned sweet shop. There is a weekly farmers market on a Tuesday that offers a variety of stalls with local produce, art and gifts as well as a popular auction house, shops and boutiques. Out and about there is an abundance of things to do, with superb walks and cycling from the doorstep. Local attractions include Thorpe Perrow Bird of Prey and Mammal Centre, Bedale Hall with its children’s play park, Bedale Museum, Kiplin Hall and Jervaulx Abbey. Or visit Theakston’s Brewery and The Black Sheep Brewery, both a short drive away. Shop and restaurant 2 miles, pub 500 yards.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 18 guests.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bedale, EnglandGreen Barn has been recently completed in 2021. With luxury touches at every turn, the property is finished to an excellent standard with beautiful furnishings and accessories. Outside, a fully enclosed private courtyard with comfortable Rattan furniture, where you can sit and listen to nothing other than the peaceful sounds of the countryside awaits. Step inside and the design is contemporary, with spacious grey Shaker-style kitchen with granite worktops, large central island and all the necessary appliances for modern day living. The space is light and airy and inviting, with large windows and patio doors bringing the outside in; the dining area and living area face out onto the courtyard and a large L shape sofa is perfect to snuggle up on to watch your favourite movie.
Upstairs are three spacious bedrooms with flexible sleeping options available on request. All furnished with super comfortable beds and high-quality bed linen, ensuring a good night’s sleep. The Master Bedroom with super kingsize zip and link bed has a large en-suite shower room with walk-in rainfall style shower and beautiful views from its windows. Bedroom two a kingsize bed which again can be twin on request and bedroom three has a 4ft bed which is only suitable for one person; both bedrooms with French doors opening to a Juliet balcony, allowing floor to ceiling views across the open countryside. There is a separate bathroom with P-Shaped bath, double shower over and stylish basin in vanity unit.
Green Barn is set in a secluded countryside location, just a short walk from the picturesque village of Crakehall, claimed to be one of the prettiest villages in the Dales. Nearby is the historic town of Bedale, with a weekly market every Tuesday and various events during the year, together with a range of individual shops, restaurants and pubs. Masham, renowned for the Black Sheep Brewery, is just 9 miles and Richmond, with its cobbled streets, Norman Castle and bustling market square, 10 miles. Perfectly located to explore the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, either by car, bicycle or on foot.£98From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bedale, EnglandA stunning Georgian cottage resting in the heart of Bedale, North Yorkshire. Close to amenities. Pet-friendly. Private parking. Northallerton 8.9 miles; Darlington 21.2 miles; Wenslydale 25.5 miles.£55From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bedale, EnglandShepherds Den enjoys an idyllic and peaceful location, nestling among acres of beautiful farmland. Lovingly restored to bring a high standard of accommodation for guests. A warm Yorkshire welcome awaits. The owners, local farmers, kindly provide a selection of local produce and home baking for your enjoyment. Your accommodation is perfectly proportioned for two people, the living room has an inviting log burner, perfect for the cooler months, dining space and open plan shaker style kitchen.
Fully equipped to suite your needs whether cooking a hearty breakfast or relaxing supper. Off to bed and the king size bed is set with a deep mattress and quality bed linen ensuring a good nights sleep. Enjoy waking up to views of the beautiful Yorkshire countryside and sounds of the birds and sheep grazing nearby. It’s a wonderful place to come and re-energise. Outside, the sunny terraced area is set with relaxing chairs and looks across the fields, sit and enjoy the birdsong and in season the sheep and lambs in the fields.
Across the way is a site of special scientific interest, with beautiful meadow flowers in the spring and summer and a wide variety of birds and wildlife. The wonderful Yorkshire countryside can be enjoyed at any time of the year by car, cycle or on foot. With a multitude of walking trails taking you through stunning landscapes and areas of interest. Nearby, the historic town of Bedale, 3 miles, offers a weekly market every Tuesday and various events during the year, together with a range of individual shops, restaurants and pubs.
Masham, renowned for the Black Sheep Brewery, is 10 minutes’ drive and Richmond with its Norman castle, Georgian theatre and riverside walks is easily accessible too. There are many picture postcard villages to visit and numerous attractions to explore, The Forbidden Corner at Middleham, beautiful Aysgarth Falls, Bolton Castle and the market town of Leyburn. Further afield Historic York and its many attractions is within easy driving distance and Fountains Abbey , National Trust site is around 23 miles.£91From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bedale, EnglandThis comfortably furnished holiday lodge is one of four other similar lodges on-site and enjoys a peaceful, rural setting on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. A small, private woodland site is shared amongst the other properties which are all located close to the River Ure in Wensleydale. The small market town of Masham is just 3 miles away with tea shops, a good choice of inns, excellent restaurants, shops, Theakston’s Brewery and a quaint cobbled square, which plays host to weekly markets and speciality markets including the annual Sheep Fair every September.
There is wonderful walking directly from the lodge site into the beautiful scenery of the Wensleydale countryside, with medieval abbeys, castles and waterfalls. Lightwater Valley Theme Park, Forbidden Corner (a garden of surprises), the market town of Leyburn, Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Gardens, and Ripon with its dominating cathedral, are all within 10 miles. The elegant spa town of Harrogate is 20 miles, famous for Betty’s Tea Room, and the historic, walled city of York with its museums, is 35 miles. For sporting enthusiasts there are many activities nearby including golf, cycle hire, riding, fishing and sailing. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£56From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bedale, EnglandSwallow Lodge is a traditional Scandinavian/North American log home which has charm and character throughout, with luxurious touches of style. The lodge is located just outside the village of Thornton Watlass, which lies between the small market towns of Bedale and Masham in North Yorkshire, each having plenty of beautiful independent restaurants, pubs, cafés, and galleries in a quaint market town setting, Masham has the famous Black Sheep brewery along with its visitor’s centre. Just a short drive away is the picturesque cathedral city of Ripon which is a must to visit.
Enter through the front door and be greeted by a large sitting room, with a modern wood burning stove and an ambience designed to make you relax and feel at ease in your surroundings, especially after a day exploring this stunning area. It is a lodge with a difference with two spacious balconies from the second-floor bedrooms. Here you can relax on a summer evening, basking in the gorgeous scenery of the Yorkshire Dales and surrounding countryside. The lodge boasts three good sized bedrooms all with en-suite facilities, two twin rooms and one master. The first-floor bedrooms each have their own stunning balcony, with an additional sofa bed downstairs.
There is lots of seating accommodation for all the family or groups of friends to dine together, with an open plan kitchen/diner meaning you all enjoy each other’s company whilst meals are being prepared. The kitchen is well stocked with everything you need and there are French doors leading to the well-maintained rear garden. Here you can relax with a glass of fizz whilst enjoying the spectacular countryside scenes which surround the lodge.
This is the perfect retreat for families and friends all year round. You might like to do a little exploring and walking around the local area, before relaxing in comfort with a glass or two of your favourite tipples. Swallow Lodge is also dog friendly, so bring your furry friends along with you and let them enjoy the scenic walks straight from your doorstep.
Thornton Watlass is situated in beautiful natural scenery, has a village green, cricket pitch and children’s playground, so a typical rural Yorkshire village, well worth a visit or two. The location of Swallow Lodge is perfect with plenty of open landscapes, beautiful scenery, gorgeous villages, and lots to do and explore. Some of the main attractions are the North Yorkshire Moors, The Yorkshire Dales, and the famous creamery at Hawes, the home of Wensleydale Cheese. The only issue you will have is trying to fit everything in so why not book a few extra days!£188From price per night based on 7 night stay