Pet Friendly Lodges North Yorkshire
Our pet friendly lodges in North Yorkshire make the pawfect escape. The North Yorkshire Moors in God's own county has some of the best walks and scenery in the country. From the highest pub in the country to the Yorkshire Three Peaks, rolling hills and ancient woodland are tempting enough to make North Yorkshire one of the best destinations for a dog friendly holiday.
- Cayton, EnglandRosary House is a spacious stone farmhouse which was built in 1750 and is located in the quaint village of Irton, 4 miles from the glorious golden Cayton Bay, with the larger coastal destinations of Scarborough and Filey also within a 15-minute drive. This period property offers a unique and cosy stay with an exceptionally large enclosed garden and ample parking. Ideal for large families and groups of friends, especially for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries.
The house sleeps up to eight people comfortably with a kingsize bed, double bed, small double and two single beds. There is a main upstairs bathroom with a bath and a newly fitted downstairs shower room. Each room is well presented with gorgeous original features, such as exposed stone walls and beamed ceilings adding to its charm. The kitchen is well equipped with an Aga, as well as an electric cooker. The owner’s aim is to make this a home from home, and you will find all the facilities and equipment you would expect to find at your own house here too. In summer the beautiful extensive gardens, equipped with a hot tub and gas BBQ can be enjoyed by all. In winter you can cosy up by the two wood burners in either of the sitting rooms, equipped with Smart TVs. There is also an electric double garage available but please request this at the time of booking the key fob can be left for you. There are mountain bikes for guests to enjoy in the end stable but please respect them as if they were your own.
There is something for everyone to enjoy during your stay at Rosary House, with Scarborough only a short 10-minute drive away where you can spend the day at the beach, or check out the impressive views of the coast from Scarborough Castle. You can dine out at one of the many local village pubs in Irton, and the award-winning fish and chip shop which are only a short walk away. If you would like to venture a little further, Whitby is only a 40-minute drive, or you can experience an old-fashioned steam train ride from Pickering to Whitby. Families can enjoy a day out at the Sea Life Centre in Scarborough or Flamingo Land, near Pickering, only 30 minutes away. You can hop on the train to the historical city of York for a day trip and The North York Moors are right on your doorstep for great walking routes. Please note that the small double bedroom is accessed through the double bedroom.£146From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cayton, EnglandAptly named ‘Sea Views’ this gorgeous holiday cottage stands on a peaceful cul de sac on the dramatic headland of Knipe Point, just to the south of the popular historic coastal town of Scarborough. You are in an ideal location to explore the dramatic Yorkshire Coastline, and only a short stroll away from the beach following the steps down from the cliff top. The Cleveland Way passes by your doorstep, which is a popular walking trail, taking you along the coast and then inland into the North Yorkshire Moors National Park.
A perfect choice for anyone wishing to take in the sights of one of the most beautiful destinations in England. The Yorkshire coastline draws guests back year upon year, with friendly welcoming locals, fresh local seafood, a fascinating seafaring history as well as many picturesque views. Here at Sea Views, you can enjoy the scenery from the comfort of the living room, with sweeping glass patio doors making the most of the views. You also have an enclosed garden so that you can enjoy the sights outside in the sunshine too, perhaps enjoying dinner al fresco out on the patio. The attractive lounge has two larges three-seater sofas, with a wide screen TV.
This is open planned with the dining area, where you have an extending table, perfect for entertaining in an evening over a bottle of wine. The owners have thoughtfully ensured that there are lots of additional extras to make your stay more comfortable, including plenty of books to choose from. The kitchen is smart and modern, as well as being generously equipped, ready to create all of your favourite meals. This is property has everything you could wish for on a welcoming self-catering holiday. There are two well sized bedrooms, one double and one with a king-sized bed, as well as a bathroom with a shower over the bath.
Outside there is a second side garden, with another patio and seating area. There is also a hose for cleaning walking boots as well as bikes. Plus, a shed with sun loungers and other beach equipment for you to use, you can also securely store your cycle in here. Nearby there is lots to see and do, including many beautiful bays and beaches, including Filey with over 5 miles of golden sand. There are local surf schools, where you can have lessons or hire surf and paddle boards.
Sea Views Three can be booked together with North Sea Views and Sea Views to accommodate up to 12 guests.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cayton, EnglandStepping inside, the lodge is bright and welcoming, with an open plan living area bathed in light from all the windows as well as the glass double doors opening out onto the decking. The furnishings are fresh and modern, with a well-equipped kitchen, with integrated appliances as well as a dining table. In front of the fireplace there are two sofas, where you can relax in comfort in an evening. The bedrooms are both beautifully presented, there is a twin room as well as the master king bedroom complete with a walk-in wardrobe as well as an en-suite shower. There is also a second family shower room. Outside there is garden furniture on the decking where you can enjoy dining al-fresco when the sun is out. The hot tub is sure to be one of the highlights of your stay, all year round you can relax in the warm, steaming water, whilst the jets and bubbles gently massage you.
You are in an ideal spot for holidays in the countryside, with lakes nearby where you can try your hand at fishing, as well as a golf course only 10 minutes away. Around 15 minutes away is Malton which is described as the food capital of Yorkshire, with a great choice of restaurants as well as a monthly market, an annual food festival as well as a cookery school. The surrounding national park is laced with walking trails, with a heritage steam train winding its way through the heather to the coast which is a great way to take in the sights. You also have the stunning Yorkshire coastline which is just waiting to be explored, with Scarborough, Flamingo Land Theme Park, Robin Hoods Bay, and Whitby all within easy reach.
For history lovers Castle Howard and Eden Camp are both worth a visit. In this destination you can do as much or as little as you want, you can have a busy holiday full of activities or relax and spend time simply enjoying each other’s company in peaceful surroundings. Create memories to treasure with your loved ones here, dogs included! This is a wonderful choice for dog lovers, with some wonderful walks nearby. Most beaches are dog friendly or have dog friendly sections, and most pubs and many cafés will welcome your four-legged friend. Beach 12 miles.£82From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cayton, EnglandLocated on the Cayton’s high street with the village pub just steps away, this traditional stone-built cottage is the perfect size for couples and has additional sleeping for extra family members. Stepping into the cottage you are welcomed with the beamed ceilings which flow throughout every room, in the living room at the front of the property you have the feature fireplace with an electric stove. There is a sofa bed which can be used by an additional two guests. The living room is open plan with the dining area, with a fold away table, so that you can enjoy meals together. Perhaps rustle up a romantic meal to delight your other half in the cute country kitchen. Upstairs you have the bedroom with a double bed and built in storage for your belongings, there is a the option of a pull-out bed for a young child which you have the option of using, making this property flexible for couples as well as new families. The bathroom has a shower over the bath so that you can relax beneath the bubbles after a long day of exploring, or refresh under the shower. At the back of the cottage you have outdoor seating and a communal area, with your own private outbuilding which is perfect for storing outdoor equipment such as paddleboards or bikes, it also houses the freezer so that you have extra storage for your food during your stay. Cosy Beam Cottage also has the benefit of having your own dedicated parking bay.
Cayton village boasts a wonderful dog-friendly restaurant as well as the village pub which also serves hearty home cooked meals. You are just over a mile away from the nearest beach at Cayton Bay; this golden sandy beach welcomes dog walkers throughout the year. Cayton Bay is one of best locations in the UK for surfing, with different points along the bay for different levels of surfers. There is a well-established surf school here, making this perfect for first timers. Paddleboarding and windsurfing is also popular here, or you can simply enjoy the beautiful scenery with a walk along the sand.
A short journey inland takes you to the North York Moors National Park, with the heritage steam railway winding its way through quaint rural villages to the coastal town of Whitby. There are a great selection of walks through the countryside, perfect for those who love the great outdoors. For activities nearby there is Dalby Forest for cycling and zip-lining through the treetops, Wykeham Lakes for water sports including paddleboarding and wakeboarding, as well as inflatable assault courses, or the many beaches which offer the chance to just relax, sunbathe, paddle and build sandcastles.
Scarborough is a vibrant seaside resort with lots of family attractions, such as the waterpark and spa, Sealife Centre and oriental gardens at Peasholm Park, as well as a funfair, ice-cream parlours, amusement arcades and traditional fish and chips. It also boasts superb live entertainment at the open air theatre, with major acts booked each summer. Further along the coastline you have Filey, Bempton, Flamborough, Bridlington and Robin Hoods Bay all waiting to be explored. As well as being only an hour away from the historic city of York. This is a great destination all year round with lots to see and do nearby. Beach 1½ miles£69From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cayton, EnglandBay Cottage is picture perfect. As you step inside you have the cosy living room, with an atmospheric wood burner centre stage ensuring you have a warm welcome. The kitchen has an authentic cottage feel, and is very well equipped so that you can rustle up meals to impress your loved one. The ground floor also has the added convenience of a toilet. Upstairs under the vaulted ceiling you have the double bedroom complete with a freestanding bath. There is also an en-suite walk-in rain forest shower. Step outside into the garden with it’s sun trap, and you have a patio with steps leading up to an outdoor seating area, complete with a pagoda. The perfect outside space.
This is a great destination for your four legged friend. Cayton village boasts a wonderful dog-friendly restaurant, and the village pub also serves hearty home cooked meals. You are just over a mile away from the nearest beach at Cayton Bay, this golden beach welcomes dogs throughout the year.
Cayton Bay is one of best locations in the UK for surfing, and there is a well-established surf school here, making this perfect for first timers. Paddleboarding and windsurfing are also popular here, or enjoy the beautiful scenery. A short journey inland takes you to the North York Moors National Park, with the heritage steam railway winding its way through rural villages to the coastal town of Whitby. There’s a great selection of walks through the countryside, perfect for those who love the outdoors. For activities nearby there is Dalby Forest for cycling and zip-lining through the treetops, Wykeham Lakes for water sports including, as well as inflatable assault courses, or the many beaches which offer the chance to just relax. Scarborough is a vibrant seaside resort with family attractions such as the waterpark and spa, Sealife Centre and oriental gardens at Peasholm Park, as well as a funfair, ice-cream parlours, amusement arcades and traditional fish and chips. It also boasts live entertainment at the open air theatre, with major acts booked each summer. Further along the coastline you have Filey, Bempton, Flamborough, Bridlington and Robin Hoods Bay all waiting to be explored. As well as being only an hour away from the historic city of York. This is a great destination all year round with lots to see and do. Beach 1½ miles£54From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cayton, EnglandSpring Willows Boutique Holiday Park is nestled into the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds on the outskirts of Scarborough and located amidst the spectacular North Yorkshire Moors, Farmlands and the seaside towns of Scarborough, Filey & Bridlington. A fabulous choice for guests looking to explore the best of Yorkshires glorious coast and countryside.
The Linden Suite is beautifully furnished throughout to an exceptionally high standard. All on one level, the accommodation is all on the ground floor with full wheelchair access, wide doors and walk-in bath. The living area is open plan with a modern well equipped kitchen, a dining area as well as two sofas in front of the large Smart TV. One of the sofas is a high quality sofa bed which can be used by two additional guests on request. There is a double bedroom as well as a twin bedroom, both have wardrobes and TVs. The bathroom has a walk-in bath, with a glass door enabling you to step into the bath easily with a rainforest shower over.
The holiday park is well equipped to entertain and delight guests all year round. With a heated indoor swimming pool, which has public sessions as well as private bookable sessions so you can have the luxury of having the entire pool to yourselves. There is also a gym, sauna and hot tub, for guests use. The family bar is spacious and has entertainment on certain nights throughout the week, as well as showcasing Sky Sports. There is a great beer garden looking out onto the children’s play area, as well as a pool table, making this a fun social space for everyone. The bar serves food so you can treat yourself if you fancy a night off from cooking. This is a great destination for dogs, on-site the bar is dog friendly and there is a dog walking trail through the holiday park and along the edge of the neighbouring woods. Most of the beaches nearby are dog friendly or have dog friendly sections, with some fabulous walking trails in the Wolds as well as the National Park including Dalby Forest.
The site is just 8 miles from the centre of Filey which has a wonderful stretch of beach that goes for over 5 miles down the coast. The seaside town of Filey has been visited for generations by lots of families attracted by the beach and the traditional seaside resort. The cobble landing leads down to the Filey Brigg where you see many children rock pooling. On the clifftops is the end of the Cleveland Way walk, with many a weary walker sitting on the clifftops after completing the walk. The walks among the clifftops are stunning and some of the best available down the East Coast. To the south you have the RSPB bird sanctuary at Bempton Cliffs, and you’ll see all the migrating birds from puffins to guillemots and kittiwakes. The seaside resorts of Scarborough, Flamborough Head and Bridlington are just a short drive away.
Scarborough has two glorious beaches with a castle on the cliff top in-between, you also have the oriental gardens at Peasolm park, the Sealife Centre and one of Europe’s largest open air theatres which a great line up during the summer months. The medieval City of York is less than an hour away and is voted every year as being one of the top ten cities to visit. Try not to miss it during your stay as you will not be disappointed. A wonderful old walled city with lots of independent shops, cafés and street entertainers as well as the majestic Minster standing proud overlooking the city. You have a little slice of luxury to return to after a day of exploring. Beach 5¾ miles. Pub and restaurant on-site.
The Linden Suite (ref UK40475) can be booked together with The Spencer Suite (ref UK40476) to accommodate up to 10 guests.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cayton, EnglandVera’s is an attractive modern holiday home, adjoining the owner’s property in the village of Foxholes, just eleven miles from the vibrant coastal towns of Scarborough and Filey on the beautiful North Yorkshire coastline. With dog friendly accommodation, spread over three floors and with a large enclosed garden, this holiday home is ideal for a family or group of friends wishing to enjoy a traditional seaside holiday but still be surrounded by stunning countryside.
On the ground floor, Vera’s offers a large bright and sunny conservatory with French doors that lead out onto the enclosed garden and additional doors providing access into the comfortable second living room. Here you can relax on deep filled sofas and enjoy a movie night on the large Smart TV. The kitchen/dining room sits to the front of the house and provides a host of modern appliances including an electric oven and hob, dishwasher and microwave. A small dining table provides the perfect place to enjoy a delicious home cooked evening meal. A utility room with washing machine and a separate toilet complete the ground floor accommodation. Take the stairs to the fist floor and find two well presented bedrooms with a jack and jill style shower room with heated towel rail. The rooms, a twin and a double, are decorated in neutral tones and are dressed with pretty soft furnishings. Both rooms offer a tranquil space to retire to on an evening. On the second floor is the master double bedroom with a stunning en-suite with free standing bath. With vaulted ceiling and velux windows, this room is packed with character. Vera’s benefits from large enclosed garden with pretty borders and a neatly trimmed lawn; just perfect to allow you dogs to roam free and enjoy their break away. A sheltered patio with seating sits close to the house making it the perfect spot to enjoy an early morning coffee or perhaps partake in al fresco evening meal.
Just a short drive from the property is a traditional Yorkshire pub serving real ales and a convenience store is just a 6 minute drive away. The popular seaside resorts of Scarborough and Filey are nearby, offering superb, sandy beaches, a plethora of fish and chip restaurants, amusement arcades and a host of tea rooms, pubs and restaurants. In Scarborough tour the harbour or take one of the boat trips and enjoy the view of the coast from out at sea. RSPB Bempton Cliffs is close at hand as are the stately homes of Castle Howard, Sewerby Hall and Gardens, Slemdere House and Burton Agnes Hall. Vera’s is on the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds and also within driving distance of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park. Both areas offer miles of cycling and walking opportunities. For a little culture the historic walled City of York is also under an hours drive away. Vera’s offers something for everyone and is the ideal place for your Yorkshire holiday. Beach 9 miles.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cayton, EnglandReed Cottage is no ordinary cottage; it’s a fabulous barn conversion, renovated with great attention to detail, with eco-friendly, underfloor air source heating on the ground floor and befitting fixtures and fittings throughout. The exposed beams, large open plan living area and grand dining room table, make the living space a great area in which to socialise with all your family and friends together. The contemporary, well-equipped kitchen, with its double oven, is ready to invite you in for that celebratory meal you’ve been planning. Whether you wish to gather around the ten-seater dining table, snuggle up on the sofa by the wood burner, or retreat to the snug with a book, there is somewhere for everyone to relax.
Bespoke oak stairs lead you up to the first floor, where you have the choice of four bedrooms. Two with en-suites plus an additional family bathroom with a roll-top bath. Three of the bedrooms have kingsize beds, and the third is a triple room, with three single beds, making this flexible for families, couples, or groups of friends.
Outside there is an enclosed garden at the rear, where you will find the hot tub and outdoor seating. If you can tear everyone away from the hot tub then this area has lots to explore. Both the coast and the countryside are accessible, as Reed Cottage is an excellent base for walking and touring. The Yorkshire Wolds, one of Britain’s best kept secrets, runs to the south of the village, and there are miles and miles of long countryside walks to try. The North York Moors National Park and the east coast are just a short drive away, and the seaside resorts of Filey and Scarborough have great beaches for families, complete with all the traditional seaside holiday favourites.
Within the hour you can be in the city of York, with its abundance of renowned attractions, including the iconic minster, Castle Museum and the Jorvik Viking Centre. York is a fabulous city to visit during your stay and it is no surprise that it is voted in the top ten cities to visit every year. Beach 5¾ miles. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant 300 yards.
Reed Cottage can be booked together with Willow Cottage (UK2419) to accommodate up to 17 guests.£144From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cayton, EnglandThe owners have lovingly furnished this house ensuring that you will have a stay to remember, with lots of thoughtful personal touches as well as careful attention to detail. With two off road parking spaces, Millie’s boasts a well-tended enclosed garden, which is ideal for soaking up the sunshine.
Double glass doors lead you from the garden into the living room, which is very tastefully decorated, where you have a corner sofa and armchair in front of the TV, as well as a dining table for four. The modern kitchen is separate, it is very well equipped making it ideal for guests who love to cook. Upstairs you have both of the bedrooms, the master double bedroom, which has a dressing table as well as a wardrobe, plus the second room which has bunk beds. The property is completed with the bathroom, which has a continental bath with a shower over.
Millie’s is a great choice for dog owners, there are some lovely walks nearby and both of the village pubs are dog friendly. For children there are lots of great days out nearby, including the North Yorkshire Water Park which has an inflatable obstacle course on the lake, as well as paddle boarding, kayaking, a climbing wall and even cycling and walking routes around the lake. The Sea Life centre, Alpamare water park and Flamingoland theme park and zoo are all within a 30-minute drive away for a fun day out. The seaside resorts of Filey, Flamborough Head, Bridlington and Scarborough are just a short drive away.
For those of you who enjoy bird watching there is the RSPB bird sanctuary at Bempton Cliffs where you can view thousands of migrating seabirds from the cliff top viewing points. People travel from all over to watch the comical puffins. The cyclists amongst you can enjoy some of the routes from the Tour de Yorkshire, as well as the wonderful Dalby Forest, home to miles and miles of mountain bike tracks. With over 8,000 acres of woodland pathways there’s plenty of woodland walks to enjoy. Yorkshire is famous for its market towns, and Pickering, Malton, Beverley and Driffield are all a short drive from Millie’s. All year round there is lots to see and do, and you have the perfect base to return to, where you can unwind in comfort.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cayton, EnglandCarr House farmhouse is set on a working farm, but only minutes away from the attractions of Scarborough and only 1½ miles from the well known surfing beach at Cayton Bay, which also welcomes dog walkers throughout the year. Visitors of all ages will enjoy the large landscaped gardens with a summerhouse, apple trees and barbecue, with a perimeter fence making it ideal for both children and pets. This detached farmhouse is ideal for touring the North Yorkshire coast, from Whitby in the north to Bridlington in the south. A short journey inland takes you to the North York Moors, ’Heartbeat’ Country and Pickering for the steam railway, whilst York for its historic attractions is less than an hour away.
For activities nearby there is Dalby Forest for cycling and tree climbing, Wykeham Lakes for fishing, or the many beaches which offer the chance to just relax, sail, surf, sunbathe, paddle, and build sandcastles. Scarborough is a vibrant seaside resort with lots of family attractions, such as the waterpark, Sealife Centre and crazy golf, as well as a funfair, ice-cream parlours, amusements, and donkey rides. It also boasts superb live entertainment at the Open Air Theatre, with major acts booked each summer, and shows at the Scarborough Spa and the renowned Stephen Joseph Theatre. Beach 2 miles. Shop ¾ and pub 1 mile.£160From price per night based on 7 night stay