Dog Friendly Hotels North Yorkshire
The North Yorkshire Moors in God's own county has some of the best walks and scenery in the country. From the highest pub in the country to the Yorkshire Three Peaks, rolling hills and ancient woodland are tempting enough to make North Yorkshire one of the best destinations for a dog friendly holiday.
- Leyburn, EnglandSet in the historic town of Leyburn in the heart of beautiful Wensleydale, this comfortable, detached and cosy holiday home has a conservatory, a living room with oak floor and has something to offer to guests of all ages. With spectacular views of the surrounding countryside, quaint local shops and cafes, traditional pubs and a weekly farmers’ market, the gateway town of Leyburn is the perfect base for guests to enjoy walking, cycling, sightseeing or just a quiet, romantic break. Stroll along the famous Leyburn Shawl or walk to Castle Bolton, Middleham Castle, Constable Burton Hall Gardens and the nearby Aysgarth Falls. A short drive away is Hardraw, home to England’s highest unbroken waterfall. The Shawl is only a few steps from the Market Place in the centre of Leyburn and is accessible for walkers of all abilities and ages. Hop on the Wensleydale Vintage Bus to Ripon or Hawes, or ride the train on the Wensleydale Railway. Visit the nearby Forbidden Corner attraction in Coverdale where guests can follow a trail of follies, or the Georgian market town of Richmond, which offers many shops, restaurants, pubs and tea shops. This beautiful and historic town in is settled high above the River Swale and offers panoramic views of the surrounding area and the chance to browse the weekly market and monthly farmers’ market with local produce and crafts. Within an easy 2-hour drive is the historic cathedral city of Durham with its cathedral, castle and city walls. Popular York, with its minster and the Jorvik Centre, is also further afield but worth the trip out. Golf and fishing nearby. Shop, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£52Price per night from
- Leyburn, EnglandThis charming, terraced Dales cottage is set in the picturesque village of Redmire near Leyburn. Tastefully decorated with country charm, the cosy living room has traditional beams and a warming wood burner. A modern shaker style kitchen/dining room is extremely well equipped with everything you will need to rustle up a hearty breakfast or warming supper. Upstairs there are two spacious bedrooms, a double bedroom and a twin bedroom, ideal for a couple or small family. To the rear is an enclosed patio area furnished with table and chairs, and with views across to Penhill, a lovely spot for early breakfast or a glass of wine at the end of the day. Access to the patio is from the cottage or via shared access across the neighbouring cottage.
Just 4 miles west of Leyburn, and in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, the village of Redmire is like a picture postcard, with country walks and some spectacular views over Lower Wensleydale. For getting out and about it even has its own station on the Wensleydale Railway. The line runs for 16 miles and links the village with Leyburn and Leeming in the Vale of York, and is serviced by diesel and occasionally steam engines making several return trips daily.
Redmire provides a perfect base from which to explore the pretty Dales villages. Try the circular walk from Redmire to Aysgarth taking in both the Redmire Falls and spectacular Aysgarth Falls. Visit Castle Bolton where Mary Queen of Scots was held in the 16th century. Explore Preston under Scar, the River Ure and Penhill, passing through the beautiful Dales countryside. Scenes for ’All Creatures Great and Small’ were filmed here and elsewhere in the village.
Nearby are the market towns of Hawes and Leyburn with their many shops, pubs, restaurants and craft workshops, where craftsmen display their skills and sell hand made products. Historical castles and ruins are numerous with Bolton Castle almost on the doorstep and Middleham Castle a few miles away. The Forbidden Corner is just down the road with its labyrinth of tunnels and underground caves to explore with an excellent on-site restaurant for lunch or supper. There is so much to do and see you will certainly want to come back. Shop and restaurant 5 miles.£289Price per night from
- Leyburn, EnglandCharming, detached, stone cottage in idyllic location in Redmire. Cosy, characterful accommodation, beams, spiral staircase. Glorious riverside views, walker’s paradise. Close to steam railway. Leyburn 4 miles.£57Price per night from
- Leyburn, EnglandA stone-built, terraced cottage with a lovely garden on the outskirts of West Witton. Woodburner. Leyburn 3.7 miles.£52Price per night from
- Leyburn, EnglandAn outstanding Grade II listed, end-terraced cottage in the delightful market town of Middleham. Set within a stone's throw of King Richard’s castle. Original exposed beams and stone floors. Perfect for exploring the Yorkshire Dales! Leyburn 2.5 miles.£76Price per night from
- Leyburn, EnglandThis bungalow has been tastefully converted, enjoying the added bonus of fabulous rural views from the front and rear of the property. Additionally there is a four poster bedroom with uninterrupted views over the Dale. It is situated only a short walk from a traditional 17-century country pub serving locally sourced ales and food. The pub was the finish line of the first sprint in the 2014 Tour de France.
The area is a haven for ramblers and cyclists with beautiful walks and bike rides directly from the door. Within a short drive, there are several pubs, tea rooms and farm shops to visit. Nearby Leyburn, Hawes, Aysgarth and Kettlewell all have shops, tea rooms, pubs and restaurants to choose from.
Local attractions such as The Forbidden Corner, Aysgarth Falls, Hawes Rope Factory and Wensleydale Creamery, to name but a few, are all within easy reach of Mystified Bungalow.
Continental breakfast is available by prior arrangement with the owners. This can be taken indoors or on the patio at the rear of the property where the tranquillity and uninterrupted views of the Dale can be enjoyed along with a large variety of wild birds which will come to feed - spot the 2 woodpeckers! Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£58Price per night from
- Leyburn, EnglandThis charming whitewashed cottage, is large and spacious and quirky by nature. It offers, comfortable accommodation with great outside space. Thistle Cottage is well suited for a group gathering and is the perfect place for exploring the Yorkshire Dales and nearby towns of Leyburn and Middleham. It has a good combination of sleeping arrangements, a spacious living room and an additional den with comfortable seating and games, perfect for the family to spread out. There is comfortable conservatory furniture in the front sun lounge that looks out onto the garden, a relaxing space to sit on an evening and watch the sun go down. It ideally suits the needs of all age ranges.
Perfectly located for outdoor enthusiasts with several fabulous walks within easy access from the cottage. For cyclists, the cottage comes with garage storage. For older children, there is a playing field adjacent to the village community hall, approximately 50 yards away, an ideal open space for ball games. To the front of the property is a raised south facing patio, a veranda with bench to sit and enjoy a quiet moment or spread out in the garden and enjoy al fresco dining with the barbecue, the perfect spot to sit and relax after a day of exploring. Alternatively the village pub is a stone’s throw away serving hand pull ales and locally sourced homemade food, and is a welcome meeting place for locals and visitors alike.
Situated in the attractive and traditional old village of Carlton-in-Coverdale, one of the Yorkshire Dales best kept secrets. From its elevated position it looks out across the fields towards the hills beyond, and the River Cover runs through the valley below. Carlton sits beneath Roova Crags to the south and Penhill to the north. Nearby attractions include the Forbidden Corner, a great day out for all the family with its adventure gardens and restaurant. The bustling market town of Leyburn is 6 miles away, with an array of restaurants, cafés, pubs and two supermarkets. The village of Middleham, 4 miles, also boasts several pubs, restaurants and a well-stocked local shop. It is a lovely village renowned for its famous racing stables, ’The Gallops’, and its Norman castle which dates back to 1190. Head further up into Wensleydale to the market town of Hawes calling en-route to take in the spectacular site of Aysgarth Falls. Beach 51¼ miles. Shop 4 miles, pub 50 yards and restaurant 3 miles.£139Price per night from
- Leyburn, EnglandLyndhurst Cottage nestles in the picturesque village of Carlton-in-Coverdale, near the peaks of Roova Crags and Penhill. Enjoy lovely walking on the moors nearby or cycling the Dales Cycle Route on your doorstep. The landscaped gardens offer views across the fields. There are several beautiful walks within easy access from the cottage, and the stunning countryside of Coverdale, Wharfedale and Wensleydale are ready for you to explore. At the end of the day the village pub is a gentle 5-minute stroll and a welcoming meeting place for locals and visitors alike, offering local ales and good pub food. If you’re a bit of a foodie there are several more excellent eateries in the area including an award-winning restaurant in West Witton.
Set in a beautiful rural setting it provides the perfect accommodation for a get-together or special occasion with family or friends. This detached, spacious cottage has recently been restored to a high standard, is comfortably furnished and offers luxury accommodation. With underfloor heating to the ground floor and all bathrooms, sumptuous carpets, a stylish kitchen and lots of extending space, this cottage has it all. The front door opens into a stone floored hallway with heated flooring, and is a useful space for coat and boot storage, with access to a downstairs cloakroom. Step down into the fabulous living room with a large inglenook holding a contemporary open fire, and comfortable sofas, making the perfect place to gather around after a day’s exploration. The fabulous conservatory, which has stunning dale views, provides a games chest and ample seating for guests with a further seating area within the dining room. The stylish kitchen is well-equipped affording a wonderful social space. Patio doors open out from the dining area to the garden with benches to sit and take in the views. To the side of the cottage is a spacious landscaped garden, perfect for a morning coffee, evening glass of wine, or gathering round with the family to enjoy a barbecue.
There are 5 well appointed bedrooms, promising exceptional comfort and a good night’s sleep. A ground floor double bedroom leads off the hall and has a large picture window looking out onto the garden. It also has its own en-suite facilities making it ideal for less mobile guests. On the first floor, there are 4 bedrooms, all offering individual character and superb comfort in double or twin beds, one with en-suite facilities, one with stunning views, one with panelled walls and another with whitewashed stone walls. A bathroom, equipped with quality fixtures and fittings, again with stunning views, completes the picture. Shop 6 miles, pub 550 yards, restaurant 3 miles.£211Price per night from
- Leyburn, EnglandThis beautiful cosy cottage has been restored to a high standard and provides a romantic retreat for two people. Perfectly situated, it looks out across the picture perfect village green of Bellerby. Step inside and be welcomed by a stylish open plan living and country kitchen. In the summertime there is a private patio area to enjoy, south facing therefore attracting the sun all day long. With garden furniture and BBQ for your own private entertainment. In the winter months, the wood burner draws you in for a cosy winter’s evening curled up with a glass of wine and a movie. Upstairs is a beautiful bedroom, with a vaulted ceiling and oak beams. It has a large comfortable bed with sumptuous bed linen and a stylish en-suite, the perfect ingredients for a relaxing stay.
Bellerby itself is a small village on the outskirts of Leyburn. Warm and friendly, it has a great community spirit and you will often see it decorated in style to celebrate local events. With its own village inn just a stone’s throw away serving a warm welcome and traditional pub food. For the outdoor enthusiasts, the beautiful Yorkshire Dales opens up around you with walks right from the door. Head into Wensleydale and visit the market town of Leyburn with an array of interesting shops, cafés and pubs. It can be reached via a short two mile walk across open countryside. Close by is Middleham, with its famous castle and horse training stables as well as West Witton, with its award-winning restaurant and onwards towards beautiful Aysgarth Falls and the bustling market town of Hawes. Driving up to Swaledale, visit Reeth and Gunnerside or further up the dale to Muker, enjoying some amazing walks and breathtaking views along the way. High Dale Cottage provides a very central base, whatever your reason for visiting, whether it is outdoor pursuits or simply a romantic retreat in which to put your feet up and relax and unwind.£49Price per night from
- Leyburn, EnglandThis beautiful barn conversion is part of Oak Tree Farm which dates back to 1812. It has been superbly renovated by its owners to provide spacious and comfortable holiday accommodation. Step inside into the modern farmhouse kitchen with its large oak dresser and range cooker, stylish fixtures and smart accessories. Whether it’s casual dining and a glass of wine at the breakfast bar, or more formal dining in the conservatory, this property caters to your every need. In the summer months eat breakfast alfresco on the patio and enjoy the surrounding countryside and open views. The open plan living area makes the perfect place to unwind after a day of exploring with its attractive décor and comfortable furnishings. A large wood burner is the focal point and on winter nights makes for a cosy stay.
This luxury property is situated in the picturesque village of West Witton, within walking distance of the village store and tearooms. With its highly acclaimed restaurant, The Wensleydale Heiffer, just a short stroll away, this makes a perfect choice for a special celebration.
Turn in either direction out of the Barn at Oak Tree farm and you’ll be spoilt for choice. With walks direct from the doorstep and wall to wall views, this is such a pretty area. Cycling is extremely popular here, being stage to the Tour de France and the annual Tour de Yorkshire.
Travel to Aysgarth to see the waterfalls or visit Hawes and its quirky shops and cafés, not forgetting to stop off at the famous Wensleydale Creamery. In the opposite direction you will pass the picturesque village of Middleham and its famous castle, enjoy the sights as the race horses’ ride to and from the gallops each day, or sit it in the village square and enjoy a coffee as you watch the world go by.
A little further and you will reach the bustling market town of Leyburn with its host of interesting shops, restaurants and cafés, all set around the market square, and of course Friday is market day and a good chance to snap up some of the gorgeous local produce. Shop, pub and restaurant ¼ mile.
The Barn can be booked together with The Farmhouse (UK33419) to accommodate up to 10 guests.£114Price per night from