- Oundle, England
The dog-friendly Talbot has impressive architecture, stands majestically in the center of the delightful market town of Oundle - full of old-world charm.£64Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Daventry, England
Surrounded by 150 acres of parkland De Vere Staverton Estate is a dog-friendly, stylish and contemporary retreat in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside.£129Price per night from
- EnglandChurch Cottage is a quintessentially English, period detached cottage nestling by the village church, with the River Nene flowing at the bottom of the garden and views of rolling fields. Parts of the original cottage dates back to the 17th or 18th century, and it was historically owned by the village church. Church Cottage has been owned by the family since 1950 by the current owners’ grandmother. She unexpectedly bought it at auction, as the beautiful spot had fond memories for her, as she and her husband had courted at the boathouse next door. Today it is owned by two brothers who have very fond memories of staying at their grandmother’s house, and they have fully refurbished the cottage to a very high standard whilst retaining much of its original character. They have thought of everything to provide guests with a warm welcome and a wonderful and memorable stay.
The cottage is the perfect place to get together with friends and family to enjoy time together in a peaceful and beautiful setting. A fair amount of the downstairs is partially or fully accessible to those with limited mobility or those using smaller wheelchairs. The master bedroom is located on the first floor with a bathroom at the foot of the stairs. The other two bedrooms are located on the ground floor, along with a wet room, garden room, games room, a very well-equipped kitchen, and an open plan living and dining room boasting an open fire for those colder evenings.
Church Cottage is conveniently located in the historic village of Denford in Northamptonshire, and is easily accessible to many places. The area enjoys excellent access to walking and cycling routes, as well as fishing, sailing and canoeing, sightseeing and children’s activities. The small market town of Thrapston is just over a mile away, where you will find a selection of cafés, restaurants, takeaways, a post office, banks, shops, hair and beauty salons and pubs, as well as the Nene Leisure Centre with swimming pool, gym, crèche and sauna/steam rooms. Fun for all the family can be found at Wickstead Park, just under 10 miles away, which is a charming family theme park dating back to the 1920’s. Northamptonshire boasts many historic and stately homes including Althorpe, Princess Diana’s ancestral home, Castle Ashby, Sulgrave Manor, Rockingham Castle and Lyvedon near Oundle. Silverstone Racetrack, where the British Grand Prix is held, is 35 miles away, and the historic university cities of Oxford and Cambridge are easily accessible. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 250 yards.£111Price per night from
- EnglandJack’s Cottage is a sweet little limestone, terraced cottage in rural Lincolnshire. The property is just minutes away from the sensational and historic town of Stamford, a popular location for the filming of a number of TV shows, including an adaptation of George Eliot’s ‘Middlemarch’ and also close to Rutland water and Burghley park
With a wonderfully cosy open fire, large enclosed garden, and all the creature comforts you could want, you are well catered for whatever time of year you choose to visit. This lovely little house is dog friendly and has a footpath that passes directly outside, taking you out across the local fields where you can enjoy the peace and quiet or spot the local wildlife.
On the first floor are two comfortable double bedrooms. The property also has a sofa bed for flexible sleeping. Jack’s Cottage is the perfect choice for a couple or a small family looking for a restful stay in the country. Shop 200 yards, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£62Price per night from
- These beautiful, cosy, semi-detached cottages dates back over 200 years and sits in the best position in the village, right next door to the friendly village pub! This is the perfect getaway for couples, friends or a small family (and their four-legged friends) looking for a lovely village location in the pretty county of Northamptonshire. The cottages boast beams and a master bedroom with an en-suite shower room. Each also has a fully enclosed garden, great for dogs and for enjoying the evening sun on the patio with a glass of wine. The owner provides a soft dog bed, dog towels, water and food bowls and dog treats for any four legged friends visiting. The very friendly village pub next door serves lovely pub food in the evenings and occasionally holds live music events.
Welton village hosts an annual ’Soapbox Derby’ where amateur drivers and their ’dream machines’ take to the 600 yards downhill racetrack through the village. The Heart of the Shires shopping village with a lovely collection of boutique style shops and tea rooms is just under 4 miles away. The area is well-known for its canal systems with many marinas and narrowboats. The market towns of Daventry, 2½ miles, and Rugby, 7 miles, have an array of high street shops and supermarkets.
There are many outdoor pursuits that can be enjoyed during your stay including a choice of golf courses, Silverstone Race Track and sailing at Draycote Water, Pitsford and Hollowell Reservoirs. Neighbouring Warwickshire is close by where you can discover the castle at Warwick, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, Kenilworth and Royal Leamington Spa. There are many more interesting places to visit including Daventry Country Park just 1 mile away which has a lovely reservoir walk. Daventry itself has market days on Tuesday and Friday, and a farmers’ market once a month. Burton Dassett Hills Country Park is 19 miles and Towcester with its horse racing course is nearby. National Trust properties include Canons Ashby, Farnborough Hall, Upton House and Gardens and Charlecote Park. Compton Verney Art Gallery and Park, and The British Motor Museum are also worth a visit. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant next door.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 7 guests.£75Price per night from
- EnglandMiddle Cottage, refurbished for 2021, is in a peaceful location close to the centre of Easton-on-the-Hill, a lovely village with traditional stone built properties. It boasts excellent walks and cycle routes in beautiful countryside straight from the door, and is only 2 miles from Stamford and a 10-minute drive to Rutland Water. Stamford is a delightful town that offers a unique blend of history with its magnificent Georgian architecture as well as plenty of fantastic independent shops to enjoy. There are many fine restaurants, pubs and tea rooms for refreshment, as well as the famous Burghley House to visit (home of Burghley Horse Trials). Alternatively enjoy a day at Rutland Water, with watersports, cycling and good walks all on offer. After a day exploring the beautiful local area, stroll to the village pub for good food and drink 200 yards away, or walk a further 10 minutes to another excellent pub. With a cosy wood burner and modern bathroom, this dog-friendly cottage provides the perfect retreat for leisure or business purposes. There is easy access to the main train line for a day out in London (1 hour away) or head off to Cambridge and Lincoln to experience the heritage and culture both these university cities have to offer. Shop 500 yards.£74Price per night from
- Rest and Be Thankful is set just off the beaten track in stunning countryside with lovely views. Sleeping four guests, it offers the option of the king size beds being made into two small singles, ideal for children. Rest and Be Thankful is dog friendly and is set up with the environment in mind. It is fully equipped as a ‘home from home’ with high-end tableware, hotel quality bed linen and fluffy towels - in fact everything you need for a luxurious and memorable stay. The cottage has a small private garden, and the orchard is a shared space to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the property with coffee or a glass of wine and watch kites soaring overhead.
Nearby is Burghley House, home of the famous Burghley Horse Trials. You can also visit Stamford, Rutland Water or even enjoy the Gruffalo Trails through Fineshades Woods with the family. There are lovely walks and cycle routes throughout the area with many good countryside pubs for refreshment within a short drive. Shop and pub 2 miles.
Rest and Be Thankful can be booked together with The Little Bothy (UK38568) to accommodate up to 8 guests.£136Price per night from
- EnglandElinor Holiday Cottage is a collection of two barn conversions; Dragonfly and Kingfisher, set next to a trout fishing lake with some of the best unspoilt scenery in rural Northamptonshire. Relax, unwind and getaway from it all in these spacious ground floor properties, perfect for couples, friends and families. Both properties boast spacious living rooms, well-equipped kitchens and comfortable bedrooms with uninterrupted views from most windows.
Sheep and cattle regularly graze in the surrounding fields and if you enjoy fishing as a hobby, the next door lake is well stocked with trout and you can purchase day permits during your stay. There are many walks and cycling routes from the front door and a short stroll will take you into the neighbouring nature reserve where you can spot wildlife and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
Located in the heart of the Nene Valley, the cottages are situated halfway between the market towns of Oundle and Thrapston for all your local amenities, open air markets, high streets and an array of pubs, cafés and restaurants. Northamptonshire and the surrounding area boasts many historic and stately homes including Althorp House (Princess Diana’s ancestral home), Castle Ashby, Sulgrave Manor, Rockingham Castle, Wimpole Hall, Burghley House, Boughton House and Lyvedon. Fun for all the family can be found at Wickstead Park, 10 miles away, which is a charming family theme park dating back to the 1920s.
Canoeing on the River Nene is a great way to see the area and hiring a canoe for the day or a few hours is easy to do with a local company. Barnwell Country Park is also nearby with 15 hectares lakes, riverbank and meadows to explore. The larger towns of Northampton, Kettering and Peterborough are all within easy driving distance. The historic university city of Cambridge, where you can enjoy punting on the River Cam, is around 40 miles away.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 9 guests.£93Price per night from
- EnglandA fabulous stay awaits you in the beautiful canalside village of Stoke Bruerne in the Northamptonshire countryside. The open plan accommodation has a lovely bedroom area leading to an en-suite shower room, and a light and airy kitchen, living and dining area which provides you with everything you would require for your self-catering holiday. Just outside, the property boasts an inviting hot tub which can be enjoyed all year round. With a choice of two pubs a stone’s throw from Dovecote, an Indian restaurant and a café, you’ll be spoilt for choice for eating options without getting in the car; a good excuse to get out of cooking whilst on holiday!
There are many other great country and village pubs within a few miles of Stoke Bruerne as well. The walks along the canal tow paths are beautiful, you can sit and watch the narrow boats go through the locks or take a leisurely boat trip to the mouth of the Blisworth Tunnel, known for being one of the longest tunnels in the UK. You can also visit the canal museum in the heart of the village. It’s the perfect place to relax and unwind, but should you want to explore the area, there is plenty to see and do including visits to many National Trust properties: Canons Ashby House, Claydon and Stowe Gardens and other historical homes and gardens such as Althorp House, Castle Ashby, Delapre Abbey, Holdenby House, Lamport Hall and Sulgrave Manor.
A little further afield is the stunning Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill, Bletchley Park, the once secret site of the World War II code breakers. Situated just a 15-minute drive away is Silverstone Race Circuit, home of British Grand Prix, MOTO GP, Silverstone Classic, and an interactive Museum Experience and where you can have many different driving experiences, a must for any car enthusiast. The market towns of Towcester and Northampton are within easy reach where you can find lots of local amenities.£82Price per night from