- Kettering, England
Kettering Park Hotel & Spa is a dog-friendly 4 star hotel in an ideal location for you and your dog to explore the delights of the beautiful county of Northamptonshire.£150Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Braunston, EnglandWith far-reaching views to open countryside, Southfield boasts 3 lovely holiday properties, 2 of which are detached cottages and the 3rd an open plan studio in the courtyard. They are all quiet and secluded, nestled within the owners property and perfect for romantic getaways, visiting the area on business, using as a base for exploring the area or visiting nearby friends and family.
Southfield Studio (UK33821) was previously used as the owner’s art studio and features a large open plan living area complete with a cosy wood burner on the ground floor, with a large double bedroom on the first floor, whilst Southfield Cottage (29245) is nestled at the bottom of the owner’s property and enjoys a cosy living and dining room with log burner opening up to a lovely kitchen, upstairs is the well appointed bedroom and ensuite shower room. Southfield Workshop (UK35405), once used for the owners business, is an open plan studio with one end being the bedroom area with an adjacent shower room and the other end a comfortable and quirky living space with kitchenette.
The nearby canal leads to one of three good pubs serving food in the village. There is also a range of shops, including a butchers and a post office. Good cycle routes and walks abound in the area, with the towpath for the canal at the bottom of the paddock which is in front of the cottage. For canal enthusiasts, the Stoke Bruerne Canal Museum is a 30-minute drive. This is a perfect location to explore, being close to the borders of Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire. There are many places of interest, such as Silverstone Grand Prix racing circuit, Bletchley Park, made famous in WWII, and Towcester Races.£62From price per night based on 7 night stay
- These beautiful, cosy, semi-detached cottages dates back over 200 years and sits in the best position in the village, right next door to the friendly village pub! Claim your £20 voucher to be spent on drinks or food at the village pub. You will find it in the welcome pack in the cottage. 1 voucher per booking.This is the perfect getaway for couples, friends or a small family (and their four-legged friends) looking for a lovely village location in the pretty county of Northamptonshire. The cottages boast beams and a master bedroom with an en-suite shower room. Each also has a fully enclosed garden, great for dogs and for enjoying the evening sun on the patio with a glass of wine. The owner provides a soft dog bed, dog towels, water and food bowls and dog treats for any four legged friends visiting. The very friendly village pub next door serves lovely pub food in the evenings and occasionally holds live music events.
Welton village hosts an annual ’Soapbox Derby’ where amateur drivers and their ’dream machines’ take to the 600 yards downhill racetrack through the village. The Heart of the Shires shopping village with a lovely collection of boutique style shops and tea rooms is just under 4 miles away. The area is well-known for its canal systems with many marinas and narrowboats. The market towns of Daventry, 2½ miles, and Rugby, 7 miles, have an array of high street shops and supermarkets.
There are many outdoor pursuits that can be enjoyed during your stay including a choice of golf courses, Silverstone Race Track and sailing at Draycote Water, Pitsford and Hollowell Reservoirs. Neighbouring Warwickshire is close by where you can discover the castle at Warwick, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, Kenilworth and Royal Leamington Spa. There are many more interesting places to visit including Daventry Country Park just 1 mile away which has a lovely reservoir walk. Daventry itself has market days on Tuesday and Friday, and a farmers’ market once a month. Burton Dassett Hills Country Park is 19 miles and Towcester with its horse racing course is nearby. National Trust properties include Canons Ashby, Farnborough Hall, Upton House and Gardens and Charlecote Park. Compton Verney Art Gallery and Park, and The British Motor Museum are also worth a visit. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant next door.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 7 guests.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandChurch Cottage is a quintessentially English, period detached cottage nestling by the village church, with the River Nene flowing at the bottom of the garden and views of rolling fields. Parts of the original cottage dates back to the 17th or 18th century, and it was historically owned by the village church. Church Cottage has been owned by the family since 1950 by the current owners’ grandmother. She unexpectedly bought it at auction, as the beautiful spot had fond memories for her, as she and her husband had courted at the boathouse next door. Today it is owned by two brothers who have very fond memories of staying at their grandmother’s house, and they have fully refurbished the cottage to a very high standard whilst retaining much of its original character. They have thought of everything to provide guests with a warm welcome and a wonderful and memorable stay.
The cottage is the perfect place to get together with friends and family to enjoy time together in a peaceful and beautiful setting. A fair amount of the downstairs is partially or fully accessible to those with limited mobility or those using smaller wheelchairs. The master bedroom is located on the first floor with a bathroom at the foot of the stairs. The other two bedrooms are located on the ground floor, along with a wet room, garden room, games room, a very well-equipped kitchen, and an open plan living and dining room boasting an open fire for those colder evenings.
Church Cottage is conveniently located in the historic village of Denford in Northamptonshire, and is easily accessible to many places. The area enjoys excellent access to walking and cycling routes, as well as fishing, sailing and canoeing, sightseeing and children’s activities. The small market town of Thrapston is just over a mile away, where you will find a selection of cafés, restaurants, takeaways, a post office, banks, shops, hair and beauty salons and pubs, as well as the Nene Leisure Centre with swimming pool, gym, crèche and sauna/steam rooms. Fun for all the family can be found at Wickstead Park, just under 10 miles away, which is a charming family theme park dating back to the 1920’s. Northamptonshire boasts many historic and stately homes including Althorpe, Princess Diana’s ancestral home, Castle Ashby, Sulgrave Manor, Rockingham Castle and Lyvedon near Oundle. Silverstone Racetrack, where the British Grand Prix is held, is 35 miles away, and the historic university cities of Oxford and Cambridge are easily accessible. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 250 yards.£127From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandVisit England ROSE award winner 2018
Roundhill is an extremely comfortable, three bedroom, detached, bungalow, situated in a rural area on the Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire border, close to Chipping Warden. The property is ideal to get away and relax in the countryside, where you can discover the many walks and cycle routes found along the numerous bridleways and footpaths in this area. There are also many pubs serving good food in within a few miles from Roundhill. There are many attractions in the area including Sulgrave Manor, Canons Ashby, Castle Ashby and Althorp House, the birthplace of Princess Diana. Silverstone circuit, home of many race events including the British Grand Prix, Moto GP, Silverstone Classic, FIA World endurance Championship, British Superbikes and British Touring Car Championships and many other events and driving experiences. Within a 30-minute drive you can be in Bicester Village, Shakespeare’s Stratford Upon Avon and the Cotswolds, with its pretty towns and villages. A little further away, but well worth a visit, is the historic university city of Oxford. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£80From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Brackley, EnglandThis semi-detached cottage rests in the village of Syresham in Northamptonshire. Contemporary style. Perfect for families or couples. WiFi. Study. Enclosed garden. Brackley 4 miles; Towcester 7 miles.£70From price per night based on 7 night stay