- Kettering, England
Kettering Park Hotel & Spa is a dog-friendly 4 star hotel in an ideal location for you and your dog to explore the delights of the beautiful county of Northamptonshire.£150Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- EnglandIf you are looking for a unique stay, look no further than this beautiful, cosy shepherd’s hut for two people. A superb detached getaway with rolling views over the Grand Union Canal and fields beyond. Gaze up at the stars whilst relaxing in the outdoor copper bath or toast some marshmallows on the firepit on the patio out the front of the shepherd’s hut. Want to get all cosy? Then this is the place for you since it has a wood burner and underfloor heating, making it the perfect stay all year round and whatever the weather. Leave the car for your entire stay and explore this pretty area by foot, with plenty of walks through fields and countryside and tow paths along the canal where you can reach some lovely country pubs serving traditional food and drink. You can even meet some of the farm animals whilst on your walks including sheep, cattle, ponies and chickens. This is a great place for nature and wildlife enthusiasts and twitchers. Also great for fishermen, where you can fish from the bottom of the field in the canal. The local boat shop that can be seen from your accommodation serves delicious ice cream! Make your stay extra special by purchasing breakfast and BBQ packs, Prosecco and logs/charcoal packs directly from the owner.
This is a truly wonderful shepherd’s hut in a stunning location where you’ll want to return to again and again. If you did want to explore the area more, then you’ll have plenty of places to visit and things to do, being close to the borders of Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire. There are many places of interest, such as Silverstone Grand Prix Racing Circuit, Bletchley Park (made famous in WWII) and Towcester Races.£68From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandSheldon House is a charming holiday cottage nestled in the picturesque village of Braunston, Daventry. This historic property, over 200 years old, carries a unique past as it was once a hardware store or haberdashery, adding character and nostalgia to its ambiance. Inside, you’ll find a cosy and comfortable living space, featuring a separate living room and dining room, and a well-equipped kitchen. The cottage boasts three bedrooms with 100% Egyptian cotton bedding and 5* hotel standard pillows, providing ample space for a family or a group of friends to stay and explore the surrounding area. One of the highlights of Sheldon House is its lovely garden, a peaceful oasis where you can unwind after a day of exploration or have your morning coffee while you watch you four legged family member run freely, as the property is dog-friendly.
Exploring the area around Braunston offers a variety of activities and attractions for visitors. Take a leisurely stroll to Braunston Marina and watch the boats gently gliding along the Grand Union Canal. You can even hire a narrowboat and embark on a relaxing canal cruise. Discover the quaint charm of the village with its traditional stone houses, charming pubs, and local shops. The historic St. Peter’s Church, dating back to the 13th century, is a must-visit for history enthusiasts.
Just a short drive away is Daventry Country Park which offers beautiful walking trails, serene lakes, and opportunities for birdwatching. Visit the beautiful National Trust property of Canons Ashby, a stately home surrounded by stunning gardens and parkland. Explore the historic house, take in the grand architecture, and enjoy the scenic walks. Located a little further afield is Althorp House, the ancestral home of the Spencer family, and it offers a glimpse into the history of the renowned Princess Diana.
If you’re a sports fan, consider visiting the nearby town of Rugby, famous for being the birthplace of rugby football, here you can explore the Rugby Football Museum and enjoy the town’s pleasant atmosphere. Whatever the reason for your break, Sheldon House provides an ideal base for a memorable holiday.£135From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandSet in the heart of the Nene Valley countryside, this beautiful stone cottage is perfect for a family holiday or a quiet retreat. Lily Pad Cottages are set around a courtyard, have all been thoughtfully designed and are wheelchair accessible. Lily Pad 2 offers three bedrooms, one on the ground floor, and all can be made as super kingsize doubles or twins. There is also the option to request a Z-bed if flexible sleeping arrangements are preferred, by prior arrangement directly with the owner at an additional cost. There is an open plan living area and kitchen, and a ground floor bathroom with wet room-style shower area. Outside there is a patio and garden to sit and enjoy the sun. There is a beautiful relaxing indoor pool area which can be booked for exclusive use (free of charge) and it boasts comfortable seating, changing rooms, showers and a table tennis area.
Visitors to Lily Pad Cottages are spoilt for choices when it comes to entertainment, there is something for everyone in the family. Within walking distance of the cottages is a world of footpaths and greenways, winding alongside the stunning River Nene and out across the countryside. Many of these trails end at some very accommodating pubs that offer delicious food and drink, as well as a range of local beers. There are great street markets in Oundle (on Thursdays) and Stamford (On Fridays) which are both well worth a visit, while the beautiful Rushden Lakes development is just a 30-minute drive away, offering retail, entertainment and eating options all set around the Nene Wetlands conservation area. Burghley House and Park is only a short drive away, and Stamford is worth a visit.
Indeed, if wildlife and nature are of interest, Rutland Water is only a 20-minute drive and offers great leisure activities from a waterside stroll, learn to sail, windsurf or hire a bike and cycle around the reservoir, stopping for a picnic. Sacrewell Farm Park is home to the giant Shire Horses. Hamerton Zoo Park is 15 miles away but is so popular with visitors as it has some great exhibits, and children love the monkeys. For a day at the beach, Snettisham is a hive of activity for nature lovers and walkers, backing onto a coastal park with reed beds, scrub and marshland behind the shingle beach. It’s also adjacent to the RSPB Snettisham Reserve which hosts an incredible display of knot and pink-footed geese when the tides are right. Sandy beach at Hunstanton is great for children to search for sea life in the rock pools.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 42 guests.£187From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA fabulous stay awaits you in the beautiful canalside village of Stoke Bruerne in the Northamptonshire countryside. The open plan accommodation has a lovely bedroom area leading to an en-suite shower room, and a light and airy kitchen, living and dining area which provides you with everything you would require for your self-catering holiday. Just outside, the property boasts an inviting hot tub which can be enjoyed all year round. With a choice of two pubs a stone’s throw from Dovecote, an Indian restaurant and a café, you’ll be spoilt for choice for eating options without getting in the car; a good excuse to get out of cooking whilst on holiday!
There are many other great country and village pubs within a few miles of Stoke Bruerne as well. The walks along the canal tow paths are beautiful, you can sit and watch the narrow boats go through the locks or take a leisurely boat trip to the mouth of the Blisworth Tunnel, known for being one of the longest tunnels in the UK. You can also visit the canal museum in the heart of the village. It’s the perfect place to relax and unwind, but should you want to explore the area, there is plenty to see and do including visits to many National Trust properties: Canons Ashby House, Claydon and Stowe Gardens and other historical homes and gardens such as Althorp House, Castle Ashby, Delapre Abbey, Holdenby House, Lamport Hall and Sulgrave Manor.
A little further afield is the stunning Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill, Bletchley Park, the once secret site of the World War II code breakers. Situated just a 15-minute drive away is Silverstone Race Circuit, home of British Grand Prix, MOTO GP, Silverstone Classic, and an interactive Museum Experience and where you can have many different driving experiences, a must for any car enthusiast. The market towns of Towcester and Northampton are within easy reach where you can find lots of local amenities. Fishing available nearby.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandElinor Holiday Cottage is a collection of two barn conversions; Dragonfly and Kingfisher, set next to a trout fishing lake with some of the best unspoilt scenery in rural Northamptonshire. Relax, unwind and getaway from it all in these spacious ground floor properties, perfect for couples, friends and families. Both properties boast spacious living rooms, well-equipped kitchens and comfortable bedrooms with uninterrupted views from most windows.
Sheep and cattle regularly graze in the surrounding fields and if you enjoy fishing as a hobby, the next door lake is well stocked with trout and you can purchase day permits during your stay. There are many walks and cycling routes from the front door and a short stroll will take you into the neighbouring nature reserve where you can spot wildlife and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
Located in the heart of the Nene Valley, the cottages are situated halfway between the market towns of Oundle and Thrapston for all your local amenities, open air markets, high streets and an array of pubs, cafés and restaurants. Northamptonshire and the surrounding area boasts many historic and stately homes including Althorp House (Princess Diana’s ancestral home), Castle Ashby, Sulgrave Manor, Rockingham Castle, Wimpole Hall, Burghley House, Boughton House and Lyvedon. Fun for all the family can be found at Wickstead Park, 10 miles away, which is a charming family theme park dating back to the 1920s.
Canoeing on the River Nene is a great way to see the area and hiring a canoe for the day or a few hours is easy to do with a local company. Barnwell Country Park is also nearby with 15 hectares lakes, riverbank and meadows to explore. The larger towns of Northampton, Kettering and Peterborough are all within easy driving distance. The historic university city of Cambridge, where you can enjoy punting on the River Cam, is around 40 miles away.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 9 guests.£69From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandFancy a unique self-catering experience? Want to get away from busy everyday life? Then this is the accommodation for you! Set in a quiet wooded spinney spanning 2.5 acres on a working farm is this charming eco-lodge which is completely off grid. Hand crafted by an artisan carpenter using sweet chestnut and reclaimed materials where possible, this one of a kind lodge has been created for a truly comfortable stay, perfect for a couple looking to escape, unwind and enjoy the great outdoors.
Inside the lodge, you are greeted by a comfy double bed, seating and dining area, kitchen which includes fridge and gas stove, cosy wood burner and a separate shower room complete with heated shower and a compositing toilet. Solar panels generate power for the lights, underfloor heating, fridge and sockets. Outside the lodge is the outdoor kitchen which includes a wood-fired oven, bar and fire pit barbecue with seating area. Slightly away from the lodge is a shared covered dining area. You also have use of the tiny shepherds hut; Bluebell, as a comfy lounge area with a wood burner.
The farm has been in the owner’s family since 1937 and farm goats, pigs, sheep and arable, the owners would be happy to show you around by appointment. You have stunning views from the decked area overlooking the fields where you’ll wake up to sheep and beautiful sunrises. The owners can also organise a ’cook it yourself’ breakfast and barbecue packs, other local produce and cakes from their bakery (charged locally). A truly unplugged and off grid experience.
Close to the village of Litcborough between the towns of Towcester and Daventry, there is much to see and do in the area if you can tear yourself away from the lodge. The Heart of the Shires shopping village where you can shop local from various independent retailers is only 6 miles away. The Grand Union Canal is close by where you can wander down the tow paths or for outdoor pursuits, Whilton Mill is approximately 8 miles away. For motorsport enthusiasts, Silverstone Circuit, home of the British Grand Prix, Moto GP and Silverstone Classic along with many other annual events, track days and museum is 11 miles. There are also many National Trust properties and historic houses in the area for you to explore and visit.£135From price per night based on 7 night stay