Home to breathtaking skylines full of spires and domes, beautiful countryside, lush meadows, and some of the most picturesque rivers in England, Oxfordshire is a simply wonderful place to visit. Perfect for a dog-friendly escape, you can take pooch for a stroll through the cobbled Cotswolds villages, discover the heritage of Oxford, or explore the stunning scenery of the Chiltern Hills.
- Banbury, EnglandThis charming, Grade II listed cottage dates back to the 17th century and was formerly a sweet shop. Now having been lovingly restored to a good standard, the cottage still retains a wealth of character, with an inglenook fireplace, beams and stone walls but boasting comforts to give you that home from home experience. There is also a games/playroom with a games console to keep the younger guests entertained. The property will be decorated for guests staying over the festive period.
Perfectly situated in the heart of the picturesque village of Hook Norton, on the edge of the beautiful Cotswolds, with superb walks right from the doorstep and excellent local amenities, all within walking distance, including a local parish church, library and well-stocked general store. There are two public houses within walking distance, both serving food and where you can sample the locally made beer from Hook Norton Brewery. The Victorian brewery is also a lovely day out for guests with guided tours being offered, free beer samples and a visitors centre. The village is just a short distance from the market town of Chipping Norton where you can explore several antique shops, and a wide selection of coffee shops, restaurants and pubs. A short drive will take you to Blenheim Palace at Woodstock, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon and Oxford, known as the ’city of dreaming spires’. There are plenty of opportunities for guests to travel a little further and visit one of the many Cotswold towns such as Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water or Morton-in-Marsh. Whilst in Stow pop into the gorgeous Daylesford farm shop owned by Lady Bamford. The designer outlet village at Bicester is also worth a day out for those guests who enjoy some retail therapy, and the cottage is also only 8 miles from the exclusive soho farmhouse in Great Tew. Shop and pub 500 yards, restaurant 5 miles.£130From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Norton, EnglandA taste of Cotswold country life awaits you at this stunning and spacious and rural traditional farm house. This property gives you ample space for couples, friends and small families looking for relaxing, unwinding and taking in the beautiful scenery. Surrounded by the ever changing rolling countryside and with sheep, cattle and pigs as your neighbours, you’ll enjoy visiting at anytime of the year.
The traditional farmhouse kitchen provides a great space for enjoying a special meal and socialising together or spend time in front of the cosy wood burner in the living reminiscing about your days adventures in the Cotswolds. The ground floor games room is a great place to get competitive and outside you are treated to a split-level garden with views over the fields and countryside beyond.
Situated in the heart of Cotswolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, you’ll be spoilt of places to visit during your stay. All within approximately 20 minutes’ drive will take you to the ‘picture postcard’ towns and villages of Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water, Chipping Norton and Moreton-in-Marsh. All have their own charm and character and boasts an array of independent shops, restaurants, pubs, cafés and tourist attractions including Birdland, Model Village, Cotswold Brewing Company and Cotswold Farm Park. Kingham is 5 miles and every August hosts the renowned Big Festival, a three day food orientated event. Slightly further afield, you will find Cheltenham with its famous race course, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, the historic university city of Oxford and Bicester, with its large designer outlet shopping village and Blenheim Palace.£128From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hook Norton, EnglandLocated in the village of Hook Norton, this Grade II listed holiday cottage is documented as having been part of a malthouse in the 17th century and is situated in the heart of the village. One of a row, it has been lovingly restored and retains many character features which include old stone floors and walls. Village life revolves around the old Norman church, quaint pubs and the village shop, which provides for guests’ daily needs. Hook Norton is best known for its Victorian Tower Brewery, the only remaining steam driven brewery still in operation in the UK. Other places of interest to visit include Stow-on-the-Wold (15 miles), Bourton-on-the-Water (19 miles) and Stratford-upon-Avon (23 miles). Shop and village inn 150 yards.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Dean, EnglandSituated in the Cotswolds AONB, close by to the historic market town of Chipping Norton, South View Cottage is the ideal location for a fabulous walking holiday. In the heart of Dean, just a couple of miles from the pretty village of Chadlington, South View Cottage is the wing of a larger property, set in miles of beautiful countryside surrounded by an abundance of footpaths, cycle paths and bridleways that are a must for walkers, ramblers and cyclists. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£67From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Banbury, EnglandNestled down a quiet lane in the pretty village of Swalcliffe is this beautiful, thatched, terraced cottage. Lorien Cottage is a Grade II listed property with plenty of character and charm, an ideal getaway for couples and small families wishing to explore this stunning area of Oxfordshire. The open plan living and dining room with low beamed ceilings is centred on the beautiful inglenook fire place where you can cosy in front of the roaring wood burner on a chilly evening. Through the latch door, upstairs you will discover two bedrooms with luxurious double beds finished with Egyptian cotton bed linen to give you the most perfect nights sleep. One of the bedrooms boasts a lovely deep window seat, the perfect place to immerse yourself in a good book. Each room has been thoughtfully furnished and styled with the guest in mind to ensure you want to return to this beautiful English cottage. Guests are treated to Noble Isle products in the bathroom to use. Outside, you can enjoy watching the sun go down over a glass of wine in the secluded raised garden, giving access to open fields.
Within the village of Swalcliffe, you will find the historic tithe barn, village church and the local village pub which serves excellent food including their famous Greek nights which is well worth pre-booking for. Lace up your walking boots and discover more of the surrounding countryside via a wealth of public footpaths.
The cottage is situated on the edge of the Cotswolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and between the market towns of Shipston-on-Stour and Banbury, both only a 15-minute drive away. Stratford-upon-Avon, William Shakespeare’s birthplace, is only 10 miles away, where you will find an abundance of restaurants, tea rooms, high street and independent shops, the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and other historic buildings. A little further afield, but still within easy driving distance, guests will be able to visit Stow-on-the-Wold, the historic University of Oxford, Silverstone; famous for the British Grand Prix, Bicester shopping village, Chipping Norton, Warwick Castle, Woodstock and Blenheim Palace. Also an ideal base for visiting local historic houses including Althorpe and Sulgrave Manor. The surrounding villages are abundant with cosy country pubs and local attractions from civil war battlefields to potteries and breweries. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£161From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Norton, EnglandGrooms Cottage offers an ideal Cotswold retreat to get away from it all. The Cotswolds is home to some of the most unspoilt, historic and famous towns and villages in England and the location of this home will not disappoint! Surrounded by Cotswold stone houses, award winning pubs and rolling countryside perfect for county walks this cottage is the ideal base to explore all the area has to offer. Popular Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water, better known as the Venice of the Cotswolds, and Morton-in-Marsh are all within a 15 minute drive.
This unique self-catering retreat for couples welcomes you from the moment you arrive. Inside you’ll find luxury in every nook and cranny from the fully-equipped kitchen, the super king-sized bed and the home made welcome hamper including fresh local eggs for breakfast and seasonal homemade liquor.
The sitting area has a floor to ceiling window allowing light to flood in even on wintery evenings and in the summer months you can enjoy your own courtyard garden.
College Farmhouse Cottage is perfect for solo travellers with a four-legged friend in tow, or for a romantic break with a difference.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Norton, EnglandA taste of Cotswold Country Life awaits you at this stunning rural retreat. This brand new property gives you ample space for couples, friends and small families looking for relaxing, unwinding and taking in the beautiful scenery. Surrounded by the ever changing rolling countryside and with sheep, cattle and pigs as your neighbours you’ll enjoy visiting at anytime of the year.
The open plan kitchen/dining room features traditional beams and is a lovely sociable space with one bedroom and the family bathroom leading off from this space. The other bedroom located on the first floor has beautiful views, features and an en-suite shower room. The ample living room has French doors leading to a small terrace where you can enjoy your morning coffee. French doors are also leading you from the kitchen to the outside patio and raised terrace where you can take pleasure of the evening sun with a glass or two.
Situated in the heart of Cotswolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, you’ll be spoilt of places to visit during your stay. All within approximately 20 minutes drive will take you to the picture postcard towns and villages of Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water, Chipping Norton and Moreton-in-Marsh. All have their own charm and character and boasts an array of independent shops, restaurants, pubs, cafés and tourist attractions including Birdland, Model Village, Cotswold Brewing Company and Cotswold Farm Park. Kingham is 5 miles and every August hosts the renowned Big Festival, a three day food orientated event.
Slightly further afield, you will find Cheltenham with its famous race course, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, the historic university city of Oxford and Bicester, with its large designer outlet shopping village and Blenhiem Palace.£102From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Oxford, EnglandMeadowbrook Farm offers three charming self-catering holiday lets in the picturesque hamlet of Moreton near Thame, Oxfordshire, each brimming with character and nestled within the tranquillity of the farm’s 500 acres of land. The Wynn family, who have been farming here for three generations, converted the old barns into delightful country cottages in 2002, providing guests with a unique and peaceful retreat. The Old Stable is a spacious two-story property boasts three bedrooms, making it perfect for families or larger groups. The ground floor features an open-plan living/dining room and a well-equipped kitchen, alongside a twin bedroom with an en-suite shower room. Upstairs, you’ll find a double and another twin bedroom, as well as a bathroom. Outside, an enclosed garden with a sitting area offers a tranquil spot to enjoy the rural surroundings. Guests at Meadowbrook Farm can enjoy private walks on the farm’s expansive grounds, observe the pedigree herd of Hereford Cattle and horses grazing in the fields, or visit the ponds teeming with wildlife.
The surrounding area offers a plethora of attractions and activities nearby Thame offers a traditional market town experience with its weekly market and a variety of dining options to suit all tastes. Explore the scenic Phoenix Trail cycling or visit The Oxfordshire Golf Course for a round of golf. A short drive is National Trust’s Waddesdon Manor, a stunning French Renaissance-style château set amidst beautiful gardens. Blenheim Palace is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of England’s most magnificent stately homes approximately 30 miles.
A visit to Oxford is a must for anyone staying in Oxfordshire. Explore the historic colleges, take a leisurely punt along the River Thames, visit the Oxford University Museum of Natural History, discover the magical world of Harry Potter at the Bodleian Library or enjoy a romantic stroll through the picturesque streets soaking up the vibrant atmosphere of this iconic city. Escape to the nearby Chiltern Hills, an area of outstanding beauty. With miles of walking and cycling trails, charming villages to explore, and stunning countryside views, the Chilterns provide the perfect backdrop for outdoor adventures and peaceful picnics. For a spot of retail therapy, nearby Bicester Village offers designer shopping at discounted prices.£88From price per night based on 7 night stay