Home to breathtaking skylines full of spires and domes, beautiful countryside, lush meadows, and some of the most picturesque rivers in England, Oxfordshire is a simply wonderful place to visit. Perfect for a dog-friendly escape, you can take pooch for a stroll through the cobbled Cotswolds villages, discover the heritage of Oxford, or explore the stunning scenery of the Chiltern Hills.
- Church Enstone, EnglandLocated in the charming village of Church Enstone, this traditional family country bolthole built in the late 1800s is set in a beautiful large garden close to the popular village pub. It is ideal for families and couples alike wanting to get away from it all in this quiet setting but situated only 5 miles from Chipping Norton, a popular market town. This is a great place to stay to explore the typically English countryside that is the Cotswolds with its quaint villages and open views. For larger towns and cities, you can visit Oxford, Banbury and Stratford-upon-Avon which are all a short distance away. This area is also ideal for walking and cycling and visiting the many historic gardens, houses and ancient sites of the National Trust. Shop ¾ mile, pub 100 yards and restaurant 5 miles.£104From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Mill Ln, EnglandThis stone built semi-detached cottage has been renovated to a luxurious standard and is situated within The Bartons just 6 miles from Chipping Norton. This beautiful holiday cottage is tucked away down a pretty lane which leads to a ford at the end. The owners live close to this charming cottage which has lots of character, and is perfect for all year round holidays. There is a cosy and warming inglenook fireplace with wood-burning stove to snuggle in front of on a chilly evening. The living room has French windows and window seats so you can enjoy overlooking the garden after a day’s exploring. The kitchen is equipped with most appliances and is tastefully furnished to a very good standard. The first floor landing has French doors opening to a balcony with steps leading down to the garden, all adding to its charm and character.
There is a wealth of country walks on your doorstep and many pretty, typically English towns and villages in the Cotswolds to explore. Within a short driving distance is Chipping Norton, Woodstock with Blenheim Palace, Moreton-in-Marsh and Stow-on-the-Wold. A little further is Shakespeare’s town of Stratford-upon-Avon with its theatre, great restaurants and shops. Other leisure activities in the area include golf and the theatre and museums in Oxford. Shop ½ mile, pub ¼ mile and restaurant 2 miles.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Banbury, EnglandThis charming, Grade II listed cottage dates back to the 17th century and was formerly a sweet shop. Now having been lovingly restored to a good standard, the cottage still retains a wealth of character, with an inglenook fireplace, beams and stone walls but boasting comforts to give you that home from home experience. There is also a games/playroom with a games console to keep the younger guests entertained. The property will be decorated for guests staying over the festive period.
Perfectly situated in the heart of the picturesque village of Hook Norton, on the edge of the beautiful Cotswolds, with superb walks right from the doorstep and excellent local amenities, all within walking distance, including a local parish church, library and well-stocked general store. There are two public houses within walking distance, both serving food and where you can sample the locally made beer from Hook Norton Brewery. The Victorian brewery is also a lovely day out for guests with guided tours being offered, free beer samples and a visitors centre. The village is just a short distance from the market town of Chipping Norton where you can explore several antique shops, and a wide selection of coffee shops, restaurants and pubs. A short drive will take you to Blenheim Palace at Woodstock, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon and Oxford, known as the ’city of dreaming spires’. There are plenty of opportunities for guests to travel a little further and visit one of the many Cotswold towns such as Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water or Morton-in-Marsh. Whilst in Stow pop into the gorgeous Daylesford farm shop owned by Lady Bamford. The designer outlet village at Bicester is also worth a day out for those guests who enjoy some retail therapy, and the cottage is also only 8 miles from the exclusive soho farmhouse in Great Tew. Shop and pub 500 yards, restaurant 5 miles.£130From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Norton, EnglandA taste of Cotswold country life awaits you at this stunning and spacious and rural traditional farm house. This property gives you ample space for couples, friends and small families looking for relaxing, unwinding and taking in the beautiful scenery. Surrounded by the ever changing rolling countryside and with sheep, cattle and pigs as your neighbours, you’ll enjoy visiting at anytime of the year.
The traditional farmhouse kitchen provides a great space for enjoying a special meal and socialising together or spend time in front of the cosy wood burner in the living reminiscing about your days adventures in the Cotswolds. The ground floor games room is a great place to get competitive and outside you are treated to a split-level garden with views over the fields and countryside beyond.
Situated in the heart of Cotswolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, you’ll be spoilt of places to visit during your stay. All within approximately 20 minutes’ drive will take you to the ‘picture postcard’ towns and villages of Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water, Chipping Norton and Moreton-in-Marsh. All have their own charm and character and boasts an array of independent shops, restaurants, pubs, cafés and tourist attractions including Birdland, Model Village, Cotswold Brewing Company and Cotswold Farm Park. Kingham is 5 miles and every August hosts the renowned Big Festival, a three day food orientated event. Slightly further afield, you will find Cheltenham with its famous race course, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, the historic university city of Oxford and Bicester, with its large designer outlet shopping village and Blenheim Palace.£128From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Oxford, EnglandA beautiful quintessential English country thatched cottage awaits you! This cute and cosy property enjoys many original character and features, including wooden beams throughout and a stunning inglenook fireplace to enjoy on a chillier evening. The wrap around large garden is the perfect place for your four-legged family member, and to enjoy a meal al fresco or an evening tipple on the patio. This is an ideal property for couples wanting a romantic getaway and small families and friends wishing to explore this interesting part of Oxfordshire, with its links to Agatha Christie and Midsomer Murders.
The Cottage is located in the picturesque countryside village of Berrick Salome close to the more bustling towns of Wallingford and Watlington and the edge of The Chilterns, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village boasts a pub and is just over a mile to the larger village of Benson which has everyday shopping amenities. There are many choices to eat and drink out in this area and all within a few miles, the nearest being just over 3 miles away. There are some fantastic walks into the countryside straight from the doorstep. Wallingford, home of Agatha Christie,is only 4 miles away and has a selection of shops and supermarkets, restaurants, pubs and cafés. Just over 5 miles away you have the market town of Watlington, steeped in history and sits at the foot of the Chilterns and offers many independent delicatessens and shops. Just over a mile away from Watlington is Watlington Hill, a National Trust chalk grassland site which is a fantastic area to spot red kites and butterflies, including the silver-spotted skipper. For more wildlife watching, the Aston Rowant Nature Reserve is close by.
For railway enthusiasts, take a visit to the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway, a 3½ mile stretch at the foot of the Chiltern Hills where steam and diesel-hauled trains operate. Other places of interest nearby include the picturesque town of Henley-on-Thames, known most for its Royal Rowing Regatta, and Reading which is one of the country’s most up and coming towns. The town boasts the Oracle and a spectacular shopping centre sited alongside the River Kennet with numerous riverside places to eat. The historic university city of Oxford is within 16 miles, Dorchester, a pretty village with an abbey, Thame, a typical English market town are also within easy reach. There is plenty more to do and see in the area including Greys Court a National Trust property, Nuffield Place, Basildon Park, Harcourt Arboretum, the Earth Trust Centre, the Aston Martin Heritage Trust Museum and Wittenham Clumps, for stunning panoramic views of south Oxfordshire. The train station at Didcot Parkway is around 11 miles away and provides direct links to London Paddington, taking only 45 minutes.£81From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Norton, EnglandGrooms Cottage offers an ideal Cotswold retreat to get away from it all. The Cotswolds is home to some of the most unspoilt, historic and famous towns and villages in England and the location of this home will not disappoint! Surrounded by Cotswold stone houses, award winning pubs and rolling countryside perfect for county walks this cottage is the ideal base to explore all the area has to offer. Popular Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water, better known as the Venice of the Cotswolds, and Morton-in-Marsh are all within a 15 minute drive.
This unique self-catering retreat for couples welcomes you from the moment you arrive. Inside you’ll find luxury in every nook and cranny from the fully-equipped kitchen, the super king-sized bed and the home made welcome hamper including fresh local eggs for breakfast and seasonal homemade liquor.
The sitting area has a floor to ceiling window allowing light to flood in even on wintery evenings and in the summer months you can enjoy your own courtyard garden.
College Farmhouse Cottage is perfect for solo travellers with a four-legged friend in tow, or for a romantic break with a difference.£95From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Oxford, EnglandMeadowbrook Farm offers three charming self-catering holiday lets in the picturesque hamlet of Moreton near Thame, Oxfordshire, each brimming with character and nestled within the tranquillity of the farm’s 500 acres of land. The Wynn family, who have been farming here for three generations, converted the old barns into delightful country cottages in 2002, providing guests with a unique and peaceful retreat. The Old Stable is a spacious two-story property boasts three bedrooms, making it perfect for families or larger groups. The ground floor features an open-plan living/dining room and a well-equipped kitchen, alongside a twin bedroom with an en-suite shower room. Upstairs, you’ll find a double and another twin bedroom, as well as a bathroom. Outside, an enclosed garden with a sitting area offers a tranquil spot to enjoy the rural surroundings. Guests at Meadowbrook Farm can enjoy private walks on the farm’s expansive grounds, observe the pedigree herd of Hereford Cattle and horses grazing in the fields, or visit the ponds teeming with wildlife.
The surrounding area offers a plethora of attractions and activities nearby Thame offers a traditional market town experience with its weekly market and a variety of dining options to suit all tastes. Explore the scenic Phoenix Trail cycling or visit The Oxfordshire Golf Course for a round of golf. A short drive is National Trust’s Waddesdon Manor, a stunning French Renaissance-style château set amidst beautiful gardens. Blenheim Palace is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of England’s most magnificent stately homes approximately 30 miles.
A visit to Oxford is a must for anyone staying in Oxfordshire. Explore the historic colleges, take a leisurely punt along the River Thames, visit the Oxford University Museum of Natural History, discover the magical world of Harry Potter at the Bodleian Library or enjoy a romantic stroll through the picturesque streets soaking up the vibrant atmosphere of this iconic city. Escape to the nearby Chiltern Hills, an area of outstanding beauty. With miles of walking and cycling trails, charming villages to explore, and stunning countryside views, the Chilterns provide the perfect backdrop for outdoor adventures and peaceful picnics. For a spot of retail therapy, nearby Bicester Village offers designer shopping at discounted prices.£88From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Norton, EnglandThe Hideaway is an exceptional shepherd’s hut in the beautiful Cotswolds, an area renowned for its outstanding natural beauty and tranquility. Perfect for two and stunningly appointed throughout, it boasts plush bedding for the ultimate night’s slumber and a deluxe shower room offering a luxurious alternative to glamping. A wood-fired hot tub awaits in your private garden for some serious relaxation and recuperation during your stay. The Hideaway sits pretty in the village of Filkins, halfway between Burford and Lechlade, The village itself has a private, seasonal outdoor pool, a well regarded country pub and the Cotswold Woollen Weavers all within walking distance.
Your hut is full of character and offers couples and friends a quiet luxury glamping retreat whilst being ideally located to explore all that the Cotswolds has to offer. The hut boasts a plush double bed, a delightful sitting area with a wood burner to snuggle up in front of on those colder evenings, and a modern kitchenette with enough storage and workspace to prepare a meal for two. This well equipped hut also has a deluxe shower room. The outside garden includes a wood-fired hot tub and seating providing a wonderful space to relax and dine al fresco after a day’s adventuring in the Cotswold. Your deluxe hut is situated just a short stroll from Filkins village pub, offering local ales and food for those evenings when cooking is not on the agenda.
Beyond your delightful abode in the honey-hued hamlet of Filkins, are yet more chocolate box villages to explore nearby such as Lechlade itself, Bibury, Burford, Bourton-on-the-water and Cirencester. The lakes of South Cerney offer some high-adrenaline water sport action, should you fancy taking to the water for some water skiing. The Cotswolds boasts a lakeside beach should want to feel the sand between your toes and the lapping of the water during your stay (pre-booking is essential in summer). Young and old will love getting wild at one of the most loved attractions in the Cotswold, The Cotswold Wildlife Park, with its incredible mixture of animals, landscaped parkland and gardens, however you choose to spend your time at The Hideaway it is sure not to disappoint.£88From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Norton, EnglandSet on the hillside with views across fields, Little Cottage has been designed to reflect its surroundings with colours and prints inspired by the flora and fauna of this beautiful area and decorated with antique finds.
Inside the authentic cottage itself there is a sweet kitchen with views over the fields. The kitchen is well equipped with an electric range cooker. The wood burner in the sitting room is perfect for those chillier days or cosy evenings and leads through to the conservatory with a dining table for six and a reading area with views through to the garden. Upstairs are two pretty bedrooms with a kingsize bed in the master bedroom. The second bedroom is small but sweet with bunk beds, ideal for children over 8. Little Cottage has a large garden with an array of flowers and wildlife so you can choose to relax on the hammock or enjoy a morning coffee listening the birdsong.
Shipton-under-Wychwood village sits within the three Wychwood villages providing the perfect base from which to explore. The Oxfordshire Way passes through the village so whether it is walking, cycling or horse riding you can easily enjoy this stunning Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Little Cottage is a 10 minute walk to an award winning pub and being within such a foodie area there are many, many more places to eat and enjoy including Daylesford Organic. Festivals such as Wilderness, The Big Feast and Cornbury Music festival are hosted locally. On the doorstep too are the villages of Stow-on-the-Wold, Burford, Kingham, Moreton-in-Marsh and Chipping Norton with Charlbury station 10 minutes away with direct links to London. For children there are Lido’s in, The Cotswolds Farm Park, Cotswold Wildlife Park, climbing centres and the attractions of Bourton-on-the-Water. Oxford and Cheltenham are both 30 minutes drive away with Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon and Blenheim Palace slightly further.
The owners provide all of their own best finds and recommendations within the information guide. For Christmas bookings Little Cottage will be made suitably festive with a Christmas tree and decorations.£102From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Norton, EnglandA beautiful cosy Cotswold stone cottage awaits you, situated in the heart of the fabulous village of Milton-under-Wychwood. A stone’s throw from the popular destinations including Daylesford, Blenheim Palace, Bourton-on-the-Water, Soho Farmhouse and Jeremy Clarksons Diddly Squat farm shop and café, this popular Cotswold village offers everything you could wish for from a Cotswolds getaway.
Wind your way down the garden path to the entrance of Patience Cottage. Step through the entrance lobby and you are greeted by an open plan living/dining room brimming with character from the exposed stonework to the cosy fireplace housing the wood burner to enjoy on the cooler evenings. The well-equipped beautifully designed kitchen is to the rear of the ground floor. The large modern shower room is conveniently located at the bottom of the stairs, and the soft White Company bath sheets will wrap you in refreshing luxury. Two bright and characterful, well-appointed bedrooms are on the first floor with exposed beams and view over the garden. The master bedroom has a kingsize bed with EVE mattress whilst the second bedroom is furnished with a double bed. Sink into the luxurious 100% cotton sheets and down duvets and enjoy your holiday relaxation. The master bedroom has a choice of 4.5, 9 or 13.5 tog duvets.
The enclosed garden and outdoor seating area is to the front of the property where you can enjoy your morning coffee or evening drink in peaceful surroundings.£96From price per night based on 7 night stay