With varied landscapes featuring rolling hills, rivers, canals, and endless footpaths through fields and forests, Shropshire is a wonderful place for an adventurous dog-friendly escape. Whether you opt to explore the idyllic countryside, or uncover the heritage of the various medieval market towns, you and your pooch are sure to have a trip to remember.
- Baschurch, EnglandThis excellent property stands detached amid its own enclosed garden, in a peaceful setting, in the attractive Shropshire village of Baschurch. Spacious rooms, seating in the dining room for 14 guests, modern conveniences and a full range of leisure amenities make it an excellent choice for large family holidays or group gatherings whatever the season. Suitable for less mobile guests the property benefits from a double bedroom on the ground floor along with a toilet and shower facility. Guests also benefit from year-round use of an indoor heated swimming pool (approx. 28 degrees), gym, indoor 7-seater hot tub (with 62 jets) and games room with pool table and darts, all available 2pm-7pm, as well as their own enclosed lawned garden complete with furniture and barbecue.
Close to the village church, the house is also conveniently located within a short walking distance of 2 pubs/restaurants and a village shop. Just northwest of historic Shrewsbury and close to the Welsh borders, Field House stands in an ideal position for exploring and sightseeing within this lovely region. England’s largest inland county, Shropshire remains one of the country’s least populated and unspoilt landscapes, where bustling ancient market towns lie encompassed by acres of countryside. This is an area immersed in history, with Domesday Book association, noteworthy castles which include the English Heritage castle at Moreton Corbet, the hilltop remains at Montgomery and Clun to the south, and of course the splendid sandstone fortifications which dominate the centre of Shrewsbury.
Whether you crave activity, history, culture or shopping, nearby towns have plenty to offer all tastes and ages. Oswestry boasts the legendary King Oswald’s Well - said to have curative powers, Wroxeter the fourth largest city in Roman Britain is only 5 miles outside of Shrewsbury on the way to the historic Ironbridge Gorge and Blists Hill Victorian Town. The RAF Museum at Cosford, Attingham Park (National Trust), Hawkstone Historic Park and Follies, a 10-mile ride on the Llangollen railway through the stunning Dee Valley or 18 holes of golf at Oswestry Golf Course - all are within easy reach of Field House. Shops ¼ mile, pub 300 yards.£318Price per night from
- Knighton, England
Set by the border of England and Wales, Black Hall Lodges in Knighton, Shropshire, make the perfect getaway for a 'back to nature' holiday for you and your pet in a stunning countryside location.£265Price per night from
- Shrewsbury, England
Beaconsfield Park is a charming collection of dog-friendly holiday lodges nestled in the heart of glorious Shropshire countryside.£318Price per night from
- Craven Arms, EnglandNear to the famous foodie market town or Ludlow and walking distance to the lovely local bar/bistro, Apple Tree Lodge is set on the grounds of a 2,000 acre estate where guests are welcome to walk and take in the stunning Shropshire countryside.
The lodge itself is a newly converted small L shape property all set on one level. An open plan layout with a kitchen with all the mod cons, a large dining area big enough for six and a light spacious lounge with a log burner, excellent too cosy up next to after your long county walks or the colder nights.
There are also two good sized bedrooms and a shared bathroom. To the right of the property you will find a small secure paddock with picnic benches where you can sit and have a morning coffee reading the paper and planning your day.
The lodge also has a hard tennis court so don’t forget your racket!
Apple Tree Lodge is an ideal base to explore Shropshire and all the surrounding area has to offer.£124Price per night from
- Church Stretton, EnglandSuperb barn conversion in idyllic rural setting. Private woodland walks, fishing, tennis court, games room, children's play area. Exposed beams, woodburner. Church Stretton 7 miles.£222Price per night from
- Shrewsbury, EnglandExclusively for adults. Luxury detached lodge, a terrific Shrewsbury cottage, with private hot tub, use of swimming pool, steam room, fishing. Shrewsbury 4 miles.£134Price per night from
- Shrewsbury, EnglandExclusively for adults. Superb detached lodge, a terrific Shrewsbury cottage on holiday park. Romantic retreat with private hot tub, use of park facilities. Shrewsbury 4 miles.£101Price per night from
- Shrewsbury, EnglandExclusively for adults. Fantastic, detached timber lodge on the Beaconsfield Holiday Park in Shropshire. En-suite facilities. Private hot tub. Shared indoor heated swimming pool, steam room, and fishing. Shrewsbury 4 miles.£137Price per night from
- Ellesmere, EnglandExpansive ground floor property in a rural location outside Bagley March near Cockshutt. Heated swimming pool, en-suite bedrooms. Oswestry 10 miles.£333Price per night from
- Shrewsbury, EnglandExclusively for adults. Fantastic, detached timber lodge on the Beaconsfield Holiday Park in Shropshire. En-suite facilities. Private hot tub. Shared indoor heated swimming pool, steam room, and fishing. Shrewsbury 4 miles.£146Price per night from