Dog Friendly Lodges Somerset
Head to the South West and Somerset for some of the most luscious landscapes and historical cities in the UK. Explore the beautiful city of Bath - perfect for any Bridgerton fans - with its historical buildings and beautiful gardens. Or head to the dog friendly beaches at Minehead and Weston Super Mare. With some beautiful countryside, the Quantock Hills and popular attractions like Frome and Bridgwater, Somerset makes a pawsome retreat for any dog owner.
- Bridgwater, England
This brand new sleek and stylish dog-friendly Ibis hotel makes the perfect mid way stopping off place for those travelling with their dogs to Devon or Cornwall who can be assured of a comfortable stay and a dog-welcoming atmosphere.£105Price per night from
- Bath, England
The Roseate Villa Bath is a luxury dog-friendly boutique hotel that occupies a quiet corner just a moment’s walk from the heart of the city of Bath, Somerset. The Villa overlooks Henrietta Park, a 7-acre park opened to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria of 1897.£190Price per night from
- Colerne, EnglandThese attractive holiday properties lie in the peaceful conservation village of Colerne, surrounded by rolling countryside. The Grade II* listed stable conversion (PFFH) is part of the only longhouse in Wiltshire and dating back to the 13th century, is the oldest house in the village. Beautifully refurbished to offer all modern conveniences, yet retains charm and character. Sympathetically converted, the detached, single-storey barn (PHHF) offers light and airy, contemporary accommodation. Colerne has a good selection of shops and pubs but only a short bus journey, 7 miles, will take you into Bath and Chippenham. Within easy reach of Bristol, Bradford-on-Avon and the much-filmed villages of Lacock and Castle Combe. Great area for walking. Shop 200 yards, family pub and restaurant 10 yards.£78From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wookey Hole, EnglandThis attractive stone built holiday cottage, in the grounds of the owner’s home, is on the edge of the pretty village of Wookey Hole, famous for its spectacular caves and legendary home of the infamous Witch of Wookey. There are many leisure activities available locally, including pot-holing, hang gliding and mountain biking. There is also a huge choice of walks from the doorstep, including the Monarch’s Way and the Mendip Way. The town of Glastonbury is only a few miles away, with its 14th-century tower dominating the landscape of Glastonbury Tor. Shop, pub and restaurant 250 yards.£57From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cheddar, EnglandOffering delightful holiday accommodation for families, couples or friends, these holiday property (refs 29841, 29842 & W44121) make an ideal base from which to explore Somerset and North Devon. Barrowswood, a semi-detached holiday cottage (ref 29842), enjoys commanding views over Cheddar Gorge in the distance. Its large garden adjoins a field with occasional visiting sheep and is the perfect spot in which to relax and unwind. Strawberry Lodge (ref 29841) stands detached at the far end of the grounds of Barrowswood, enjoying woodland surroundings with magnificent views over the field and across to Cheddar Gorge. Blackberry Lodge (ref W44121) is a single-storey, detached lodge, ideal for a romantic retreat for couples. All three properties may be booked together should you have a larger party.
Cheddar village offers plenty of interesting shops and cafes as well as other attractions. Cheddar Gorge, Britain’s largest limestone ravine gouged through the Mendips, is a magnet for climbers, walkers and visitors to the floodlit caves and Cheddar Reservoir is a great place to take a picnic, look out for wildlife and join in activities such as sailing and angling. Axbridge is a charming market town with a medieval square and half-timbered buildings, whilst Wookey Hole attracts many visitors to the showcaves. Wells is England’s smallest city set around a cathedral; Wedmore is a lively town with many individual shops and eateries, Glastonbury is famous for its music festival, spiritual culture and King Arthur legends, and the coastal resorts and magnificent beaches at Weston-super-Mare, Burnham-on-Sea, Berrow and Brean are all within a short drive, as are the cities of Bath and Bristol. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cheddar, EnglandThe Stables is a stunning ground floor apartment with private gardens and is set within the owner’s grounds. The property is of a high standard and includes a kitchen with granite worktops and underfloor heating throughout. Each beautiful bedroom is individually decorated and designed, with an eclectic mix of furniture and lighting. They are all en-suite, and a particular highlight of the master bedroom is its roll-top bath in the room. Each bedroom also has access to a private terrace, making this a perfect escape for couples or families by giving you privacy as well as all being able to come together in the beautiful living and kitchen areas.
Set in a quiet area within the village of Cheddar, The Stables is only 1½ miles from Cheddar Gorge and caves, as well as numerous pubs and restaurants. Suitable for either active breaks, with walking on the Mendip Hills and the wildlife of the Somerset Levels, or just to relax in comfort. Close by is the cathedral city of Wells, 5½ miles, Glastonbury, 11 miles, and Weston-super-Mare, 13 miles. The cities of Bath and Bristol are less than 50 minutes away. Beach 13 miles. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£232From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Peasedown Saint John, EnglandThis delightful converted 17th century stable building is located within the grounds of the owner’s home in a peaceful rural village setting. The tastefully decorated and comfortable cottage is single storey with patio doors from the living room and bedroom leading onto the garden and patio area. There are many public footpaths leading from the village to explore the surrounding fields and woodland. The beautiful city of Bath has numerous famous attractions, including the Roman Baths and Pump Rooms, The Assembly Rooms and the award-winning Thermae Bath Spa. Many cultural festivals take place throughout the year. Shops, services and take-aways within 1 mile as well as excellent pubs and restaurants within a radius of 3 miles.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay