- Leek, EnglandMegs Cottage Butterton can be found on the edge of the Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Peaks in the picturesque conservation village of Butterton. Situated in the heart of the Peak District National Park, the detached cottage is an eco-friendly stable conversion, full of character with the staircase and beams crafted from reclaimed wood from the Royal Doulton Pottery. Antique furniture including a magnificent 18th-century oak chest and farmhouse oak table add to the wonderful eclectic and individual style, as do rustic ornaments and the farmhouse style kitchen, handmade by the owner himself. The property offers flagstone flooring with underfloor heating on the ground floor, and two en-suite bedrooms with super kingsize beds (can be twin on request) dressed with crisp Egyptian cotton linen. Outside, the private lawned garden and patio offers truly beautiful and unobstructed views across the surrounding fields and peaks. Sounds of the stream and birdsong play in the background and the view of the sunset is spectacular.
Megs Cottage Butterton is perfect for a quiet hideaway, away from life’s hustle and bustle but also as a base for more energetic activities. The Peak District offers excellent walking, climbing and cycling, and with the Manifold Valley, Dovedale, The Roaches, High Peak and Tissington Trail all in the local area you really are spoilt for choice. Finally for those thrill seekers, Britain’s premier theme park Alton Towers is just 20 minutes by car. Leek, with its supermarkets, is about 15 minutes’ drive. Shop 5 miles, pub and restaurant 180 yards.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stafford, EnglandWelcome to The Stables at the Oaks – an enchanting, eco-friendly, off-the-grid retreat nestled within the owner’s picturesque small holding, home to adorable pigs, sheep, and chickens. This lovingly renovated stable conversion has been thoughtfully designed to offer you an unforgettable stay.
The heart of the property is its inviting open plan living space, where a crackling wood burner creates a warm and cosy ambiance, perfect for unwinding after a day of exploration. Exposed beams add rustic charm, and the grand decor throughout exudes elegance. With two inviting bedrooms, a peaceful night’s sleep is assured, and the well-appointed shower room ensures all your needs are met.
Step outside, and you’ll be greeted by breath-taking vistas of open fields and captivating scenery. The outdoor area is a delightful setting for al fresco dining or simply embracing the beauty of nature. Nature enthusiasts will be in their element here, as The Stables at the Oaks provides direct access to an abundance of footpaths and walking opportunities, promising adventures at every turn. Nearby, the lively village of Yoxall offers a wealth of amenities, while Needwood Forest beckons with its ancient woodland and stunning bluebell displays during spring. For those seeking a touch of history, the National Memorial Arboretum and the National Brewery Centre are well worth a visit, offering fascinating insights into the region’s heritage.
If you crave tranquillity, the magnificent Cannock Chase and the peaceful Peak District National Park provide idyllic escapes. For history aficionados, the vicinity boasts impressive historic estates, including Chatsworth House, Shugborough Hall, Kedleston Hall, and the charming Sudbury Hall.
Discover the perfect haven for a memorable holiday at The Stables at the Oaks – where comfort, sustainability, and natural beauty come together harmoniously. The local shop, pub, and restaurant are just a mile away, ensuring convenience along with an unforgettable experience.£57From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leek, EnglandKeepers Cottage really is a special retreat to stay at any time of the year. Nestled in the peaceful backwaters of Prestwood with dramatic views of Weavers Hills, tucked away in this ancient, beautifully decorated, quirky cottage, it’s the ideal place for walkers and lovers of nature, and a perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
The owners have taken great pride in the interior design of this marvellous cottage with interesting things to see around every corner. The oak panelled bedroom has an original four poster bed, exposed stone walls, genuine oak and pine doors and antique furniture throughout. The large garden has an arboured patio, and room to enjoy barbecues. In the main House garden, there’s the chance to play a fun game of grass tennis or croquet. Why not try the owners cycle hire where you can explore the Churnet Valley using quiet country lanes and disused railways lines.
The nearest village is the pretty village of Denstone which has a church, pub, shop and an award-winning farm shop with a café. The Peak District National Park and the Staffordshire Moorlands are on your doorstep, with Ashbourne and Uttoxeter, six miles and Chatsworth House a short drive away. This is the world capital of ceramics so it would be a shame to come and not visit the potteries. Let’s not forget Alton Towers theme park that is a short drive away. All in all a fabulous place to stay anytime of the year!£58From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stafford, EnglandSitting alongside a fantastic equestrian centre surrounded by picturesque countryside, this property makes an exceptional place to call home as you explore the surrounding area and its plethora of attractions, including the National Trust owned Sudbury Hall, Alton Towers Theme Park and the beauty of the Peak District National Park.
The perfectly formed Cottage is ideal for a family or close friends to come together to enjoy the wonderful interior and pretty garden to the rear of the property. Enter the cottage to discover a light and airy hallway leading to a well-equipped kitchen, containing everything the chef of group could need to rustle up delicious dishes. Make your way into the living room and cosy up on the plush seating arrangement. Through the patio doors you will find yourself in the picture-perfect garden to relax in. At the end of an adventure-filled day, take the staircase to the first floor to find the master suite, notable for its sumptuous double bed and good wardrobe storage, alongside you will also be greeted by the twin room.
Enjoying a peaceful position within East Staffordshire is the village of Anslow. Local things to do include Church Farm tea rooms and children’s farm, Thistley Place Meadow nature reserve or brushing up on the area’s history with a visit to the ruins of Tutbury Castle.
Other things to do include The Salt Brook Heritage Trail. Nearby there are many place of national significance, Lichfield Cathedral 12 miles, St. George’s Park National football stadium 3 miles, and most importantly about 8 miles away the National Memorial Arboretum at Alrewas. If you visit the latter allow sufficient time and bring plenty of tissues, it is very moving and a ’must visit’ if you are in this area for the first time. Alternatively, the surrounding area plays to more superb things to do for a family of all ages, with the National Trust property of Sudbury Hall resting just a stone’s throw away, as well as the ever-popular Alton Towers theme park for an adventure-filled day. Those with children will be delighted with the proximity to National Forest Adventure Farm and the Conkers activity centre, whilst avid ramblers can venture to the Peak District National Park to enjoy a plethora of trails and routes amidst breath-taking scenery. With all of this and much more, this really is an exceptional base for touring this part of Staffordshire with your loved ones.
Horse owners are welcome to bring their horse along, please enquire with the owner beforehand for any equestrian requirements.£59From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leek, EnglandThis townhouse is perfectly located in the heart of Leek, where you are surrounded by fantastic bakeries, restaurants and bars, plus an abundance of shops. Stepping out the centre of the town, there are multiple trails and walks to take you on great adventures for the day, or for the thrill seekers, Alton Towers theme park is just a short 20-minute drive from the property.
Leek is a Market Town and there are different markets on throughout the week including the totally locally market which is now a well-known brand that started in Leek. There is a large park nearby with a children’s park, sports courts and a leisure centre with swimming pool and gym just a couple of minutes’ walk away which is great for kids or those travelling with dogs. Stonesthrow Townhouse is also very close to the Peak District for those who love walking. There is also an architectural tour that goes past the house for those guests who are into culture. The décor throughout the property is inspired by nature and botanicals.
The townhouse has undergone renovations in early 2022. The owner has cleverly taken the colourings of the wallpapers through the property giving it a calming and relaxing feel that flows perfectly room to room. On the ground floor you enter off the road into the living room, with its warming coal fire, comfy corner sofa and a Smart TV featuring Chromecast for ease of use. An Amazon Echo has also cleverly been set up should you need to ask it where spare towels etc may be! The kitchen has all the facilities you should require as well as a space saving, fold-out dining table with chairs. On the first floor is the master bedroom with a kingsize bed, and the family bathroom has a stunning roll-top bath. On the second floor are two further double bedrooms. Outside there is an enclosed courtyard for your pets to wander around in.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Uttoxeter, EnglandA delightful semi-detached holiday home settled in Rocester, Staffordshire. Woodburning stove. Close to Alton Towers. Enclosed garden. Alton Towers 4.9 miles; Uttoxeter 5.3 miles; Ashbourne 8 miles.£52From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stafford, EnglandThe Old Vicarage is a really wonderful spacious family property, in the quiet, pretty little Staffordshire village of Stowe-by-Chartley. Ideal as a touring base for discovering the Staffordshire countryside and the southern Peak District National Park, this large comfortable home is suitable for families and friends who wish to escape on holiday. The Old Vicarage has pride of place in the middle of manicured lawns and patio areas to enjoy. The house offers everything you need for a fabulous break. There is a large dining area, open plan with a stunning kitchen with granite worktops and a Belfast sink, offering a double sided wood burner into the living room. Spoilt for choice, there are two living areas with plenty of seating for everyone to gather together. On the first floor are four large bedrooms, two with a Jack and Jill en-suite and another fabulous bathroom with bath and shower. The outside of the property offers guest a lawn and patio area with seating to enjoy the views over the nearby fields whilst enjoying your morning coffee, ready to plan the day’s events.
The pretty little village of Stowe-by-Chartley is situated in beautiful rural Staffordshire, on the edge of the Trent and Mersey Canal and close to the bustling towns of Stafford and Uttoxeter. The Old Vicarage is close to a delightful pub and numerous walks, and is ideally situated to explore the mill heritage which is prevalent throughout this area. The mills are full of history, with links to the famous pottery industry close by. Take a short drive into Uttoxeter which has a huge array of shops and restaurants to enjoy, don’t forget to visit the racecourse too if you fancy a flutter. Nearby is the Churnet Valley Railway, originally opened in 1849 and now an attraction for steam enthusiasts and families alike! The Potteries Museum, located in Stoke-on-Trent, offers an opportunity to find out about the history of the area and see a world famous collection of locally produced pottery. The historic Wedgwood Ceramic collection is located at the Wedgwood factory in Barlaston, only 3 miles away. Nearby Leek is surrounded by lovely moorland countryside, and Alton Towers is a half hour’s drive, ensuring kids of all ages will have a fabulous day thrillseeking. Add into the mix the many cycle routes, walking and cycling on Cannock Chase, rock climbing opportunities on the Roaches, and the wealth of historic houses, and visitors will be returning again and again. The Old Vicarage really is the most wonderful house in a wonderful location to enjoy the Staffordshire countryside, offering a varied holiday throughout the year. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£92From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stafford, EnglandBeautifully converted from traditional farm buildings, these two, single-level holiday cottages provide warm, stylish and comfortable accommodation amidst a 600-acre working farm. With floor to ceiling windows in the open plan living space the result is charming, bright and airy, and full underfloor heating guarantees cosy guests no matter what the weather. During warm summer months, the private and secure gardens provide the perfect place to relax and dine al fresco.
For families, seasonal farm attractions operate during the school holidays, such as lamb feeding or pumpkin bales. Any visitors will have the opportunity, if they choose, to get up close and personal with some of the farm’s residents and learn all about them.
The location of Lower Drayton Farm as you would expect is rural, but also convenient lying just 1 mile from the M6. The charming market town of Penkridge is just a 5-minute drive away, and offers a good selection of dining out or takeaway options, together with several pubs and convenience stores. Alternatively, the county town of Stafford is 15 minutes away and offers all the usual high street stores, supermarkets and cinema. The location is also a perfect base for exploring the Peak District National Park, Staffordshire, Shropshire and the Black Country. Finally for any big kids, Britain’s premier theme park Alton Towers can be reached in under an hour. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant 1¼ miles.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 8 guests.£41From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Gailey, England
A canal boat trip makes a fabulous adventure for your canine friend. You have the freedom to go where you want and your dog will love stopping off for endless new dog-walking opportunities and the gorgeous riverside dog-friendly pubs on route.£214From price per night based on 7 night stay