- Leek, EnglandMegs Cottage Butterton can be found on the edge of the Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Peaks in the picturesque conservation village of Butterton. Situated in the heart of the Peak District National Park, the detached cottage is an eco-friendly stable conversion, full of character with the staircase and beams crafted from reclaimed wood from the Royal Doulton Pottery. Antique furniture including a magnificent 18th-century oak chest and farmhouse oak table add to the wonderful eclectic and individual style, as do rustic ornaments and the farmhouse style kitchen, handmade by the owner himself. The property offers flagstone flooring with underfloor heating on the ground floor, and two en-suite bedrooms with super kingsize beds (can be twin on request) dressed with crisp Egyptian cotton linen. Outside, the private lawned garden and patio offers truly beautiful and unobstructed views across the surrounding fields and peaks. Sounds of the stream and birdsong play in the background and the view of the sunset is spectacular.
Megs Cottage Butterton is perfect for a quiet hideaway, away from life’s hustle and bustle but also as a base for more energetic activities. The Peak District offers excellent walking, climbing and cycling, and with the Manifold Valley, Dovedale, The Roaches, High Peak and Tissington Trail all in the local area you really are spoilt for choice. Finally for those thrill seekers, Britain’s premier theme park Alton Towers is just 20 minutes by car. Leek, with its supermarkets, is about 15 minutes’ drive. Shop 5 miles, pub and restaurant 180 yards.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leek, EnglandGrindon is home to a host of fantastic walking routes, it is a peaceful and tranquil rural location with local pubs around you in Butterton, Warslow and Waterfall. This property began as a stable, then became a workshop, until the owners wanted to do more with the space and open it up to visitors given the stunning area it is in.
The property has views of Thor’s Cave and is a fantastic base for your Peak District getaway. The owners really have thought of everything and had their guest’s comfort at the forefront of their minds when planning the renovations. It has an open plan kitchen and sitting area, the kitchen has all the amenities you should need such as fridge/freezer, electric hob, and a combi oven/microwave.
There is a table with two chairs conveniently placed with stunning high ceilings and feature light fittings. The living area has a comfortable sofa, with pops of colour complimenting the white finished walls, there is a Smart TV with access to Netflix, a comforting electric wood burner and a single sofa bed neatly tucked away is required.
The bedroom is quaint with shabby chic designs in mind and an en-suite shower room. Modern shutters have been placed in the main living area for privacy. There is a patio area next to the property where you may bump into the owner’s dog, Skye.
This property is sure to blow you away.£107From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stafford, EnglandWelcome to The Stables at the Oaks – an enchanting, eco-friendly, off-the-grid retreat nestled within the owner’s picturesque small holding, home to adorable pigs, sheep, and chickens. This lovingly renovated stable conversion has been thoughtfully designed to offer you an unforgettable stay.
The heart of the property is its inviting open plan living space, where a crackling wood burner creates a warm and cosy ambiance, perfect for unwinding after a day of exploration. Exposed beams add rustic charm, and the grand decor throughout exudes elegance. With two inviting bedrooms, a peaceful night’s sleep is assured, and the well-appointed shower room ensures all your needs are met.
Step outside, and you’ll be greeted by breath-taking vistas of open fields and captivating scenery. The outdoor area is a delightful setting for al fresco dining or simply embracing the beauty of nature. Nature enthusiasts will be in their element here, as The Stables at the Oaks provides direct access to an abundance of footpaths and walking opportunities, promising adventures at every turn. Nearby, the lively village of Yoxall offers a wealth of amenities, while Needwood Forest beckons with its ancient woodland and stunning bluebell displays during spring. For those seeking a touch of history, the National Memorial Arboretum and the National Brewery Centre are well worth a visit, offering fascinating insights into the region’s heritage.
If you crave tranquillity, the magnificent Cannock Chase and the peaceful Peak District National Park provide idyllic escapes. For history aficionados, the vicinity boasts impressive historic estates, including Chatsworth House, Shugborough Hall, Kedleston Hall, and the charming Sudbury Hall.
Discover the perfect haven for a memorable holiday at The Stables at the Oaks – where comfort, sustainability, and natural beauty come together harmoniously. The local shop, pub, and restaurant are just a mile away, ensuring convenience along with an unforgettable experience.£58From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stafford, EnglandBeautifully converted from traditional farm buildings, these two, single-level holiday cottages provide warm, stylish and comfortable accommodation amidst a 600-acre working farm. With floor to ceiling windows in the open plan living space the result is charming, bright and airy, and full underfloor heating guarantees cosy guests no matter what the weather. During warm summer months, the private and secure gardens provide the perfect place to relax and dine al fresco.
For families, seasonal farm attractions operate during the school holidays, such as lamb feeding or pumpkin bales. Any visitors will have the opportunity, if they choose, to get up close and personal with some of the farm’s residents and learn all about them.
The location of Lower Drayton Farm as you would expect is rural, but also convenient lying just 1 mile from the M6. The charming market town of Penkridge is just a 5-minute drive away, and offers a good selection of dining out or takeaway options, together with several pubs and convenience stores. Alternatively, the county town of Stafford is 15 minutes away and offers all the usual high street stores, supermarkets and cinema. The location is also a perfect base for exploring the Peak District National Park, Staffordshire, Shropshire and the Black Country. Finally for any big kids, Britain’s premier theme park Alton Towers can be reached in under an hour. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant 1¼ miles.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 8 guests.£52From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leek, EnglandThis townhouse is perfectly located in the heart of Leek, where you are surrounded by fantastic bakeries, restaurants and bars, plus an abundance of shops. Stepping out the centre of the town, there are multiple trails and walks to take you on great adventures for the day, or for the thrill seekers, Alton Towers theme park is just a short 20-minute drive from the property.
Leek is a Market Town and there are different markets on throughout the week including the totally locally market which is now a well-known brand that started in Leek. There is a large park nearby with a children’s park, sports courts and a leisure centre with swimming pool and gym just a couple of minutes’ walk away which is great for kids or those travelling with dogs. Stonesthrow Townhouse is also very close to the Peak District for those who love walking. There is also an architectural tour that goes past the house for those guests who are into culture. The décor throughout the property is inspired by nature and botanicals.
The townhouse has undergone renovations in early 2022. The owner has cleverly taken the colourings of the wallpapers through the property giving it a calming and relaxing feel that flows perfectly room to room. On the ground floor you enter off the road into the living room, with its warming coal fire, comfy corner sofa and a Smart TV featuring Chromecast for ease of use. An Amazon Echo has also cleverly been set up should you need to ask it where spare towels etc may be! The kitchen has all the facilities you should require as well as a space saving, fold-out dining table with chairs. On the first floor is the master bedroom with a kingsize bed, and the family bathroom has a stunning roll-top bath. On the second floor are two further double bedrooms. Outside there is an enclosed courtyard for your pets to wander around in.£82From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leek, EnglandPark View is a beautiful, idyllic place to stay, located in Kingsley Moor, Staffordshire set in an acre of garden and surrounding fields. The owners of this newly built (2020), architect designed, holiday home have produced this property to an exceptionally high standard for friends and families to enjoy a wonderful holiday in a fabulous area. With relaxing bedrooms overlooking the rural scenery of Dilhorne, contemporary bathrooms and a stunning open plan living/dining room/kitchen area, the owners really have thought of every detail within this property. The kitchen includes a coffee machine, toaster and will include a welcome hamper for all guests to kick start their holiday. Use of a travel cot and high-chair can be provided upon request ahead of booking. The garden boasts a large patio area and children’s climbing frame.
Kingsley Moor is surrounded by the Staffordshire Moorlands and the Peak District National Park so it’s in an ideal location to explore the area if you’re a keen walker or mountain biker/cyclist. The area offers a wide range of activities, pubs, restaurants, and sports facilities suitable for all ages, for couples and families. Park View is just a short drive away to the famous Churnet Valley Steam Railway and you can stop off for a delightful piece of cake at the tearoom. Why not take a journey through the beautiful countryside known as Staffordshire’s ’Little Switzerland’ right on the doorstep. You are able to enjoy the Staffordshire Way, a long distance walking route that spans the length of the county. Surrounded by far-reaching countryside views, but within easy reach of a huge variety of visitor attractions on the borders of the Peak District National Park. For thrill seekers you are within 10 miles of Alton Towers, Splash Landings, Water World, Stoke Ski Centre, Cinebowl, ISkate and Flip out. Trentham Gardens, Monkey Forest, Peak Wildlife, Moddershall Oaks Spa, Emma Bridgewater, Gladstone Pottery Museum are also within easy access and well worth a visit to enhance your stay.
Local sports facilities include Greenway Golf Club, Cannock Chase Horse Trekking, Blake Hall fisheries and cycle hire at Manifold Valley. Dimmingsdale is a beautiful, scenic location for rural walks and cycling, just 15 minutes by car. It also has a cute tea-room that offers the local dish, Staffordshire oatcakes. There are an abundance of beautiful local wedding venues including Alton Towers, Aston Marina, Moddershall Oaks, The Ashes, The Oaks and Foxtail Barns wedding venues to name a few. A little further afield you can discover the delights of Bakewell, Buxton, Leek, Matlock and Ashbourne. With so much to do and see on your doorstep you will never want to leave. Shops, supermarkets, takeaways and pubs are located within 3.8 miles in the nearby town of Cheadle. Larger Cities are all accessible including Manchester, Birmingham and Derby – all within 48 miles.£139From price per night based on 7 night stay