- Stafford, England
The dog-friendly Swan Hotel in Stafford dates back to the 18C with parts dating back even further. The Swan is a charming, dog-welcoming hotel which provides a perfect base for a doggy getaway with your best furry friend in tow.£146Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Leek, EnglandMegs Cottage Butterton can be found on the edge of the Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Peaks in the picturesque conservation village of Butterton. Situated in the heart of the Peak District National Park, the detached cottage is an eco-friendly stable conversion, full of character with the staircase and beams crafted from reclaimed wood from the Royal Doulton Pottery. Antique furniture including a magnificent 18th-century oak chest and farmhouse oak table add to the wonderful eclectic and individual style, as do rustic ornaments and the farmhouse style kitchen, handmade by the owner himself. The property offers flagstone flooring with underfloor heating on the ground floor, and two en-suite bedrooms with super kingsize beds (can be twin on request) dressed with crisp Egyptian cotton linen. Outside, the private lawned garden and patio offers truly beautiful and unobstructed views across the surrounding fields and peaks. Sounds of the stream and birdsong play in the background and the view of the sunset is spectacular.
Megs Cottage Butterton is perfect for a quiet hideaway, away from life’s hustle and bustle but also as a base for more energetic activities. The Peak District offers excellent walking, climbing and cycling, and with the Manifold Valley, Dovedale, The Roaches, High Peak and Tissington Trail all in the local area you really are spoilt for choice. Finally for those thrill seekers, Britain’s premier theme park Alton Towers is just 20 minutes by car. Leek, with its supermarkets, is about 15 minutes’ drive. Shop 5 miles, pub and restaurant 180 yards.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stafford, EnglandWelcome to The Stables at the Oaks – an enchanting, eco-friendly, off-the-grid retreat nestled within the owner’s picturesque small holding, home to adorable pigs, sheep, and chickens. This lovingly renovated stable conversion has been thoughtfully designed to offer you an unforgettable stay.
The heart of the property is its inviting open plan living space, where a crackling wood burner creates a warm and cosy ambiance, perfect for unwinding after a day of exploration. Exposed beams add rustic charm, and the grand decor throughout exudes elegance. With two inviting bedrooms, a peaceful night’s sleep is assured, and the well-appointed shower room ensures all your needs are met.
Step outside, and you’ll be greeted by breath-taking vistas of open fields and captivating scenery. The outdoor area is a delightful setting for al fresco dining or simply embracing the beauty of nature. Nature enthusiasts will be in their element here, as The Stables at the Oaks provides direct access to an abundance of footpaths and walking opportunities, promising adventures at every turn. Nearby, the lively village of Yoxall offers a wealth of amenities, while Needwood Forest beckons with its ancient woodland and stunning bluebell displays during spring. For those seeking a touch of history, the National Memorial Arboretum and the National Brewery Centre are well worth a visit, offering fascinating insights into the region’s heritage.
If you crave tranquillity, the magnificent Cannock Chase and the peaceful Peak District National Park provide idyllic escapes. For history aficionados, the vicinity boasts impressive historic estates, including Chatsworth House, Shugborough Hall, Kedleston Hall, and the charming Sudbury Hall.
Discover the perfect haven for a memorable holiday at The Stables at the Oaks – where comfort, sustainability, and natural beauty come together harmoniously. The local shop, pub, and restaurant are just a mile away, ensuring convenience along with an unforgettable experience.£51From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leek, EnglandGrindon is home to a host of fantastic walking routes, it is a peaceful and tranquil rural location with local pubs around you in Butterton, Warslow and Waterfall. This property began as a stable, then became a workshop, until the owners wanted to do more with the space and open it up to visitors given the stunning area it is in.
The property has views of Thor’s Cave and is a fantastic base for your Peak District getaway. The owners really have thought of everything and had their guest’s comfort at the forefront of their minds when planning the renovations. It has an open plan kitchen and sitting area, the kitchen has all the amenities you should need such as fridge/freezer, electric hob, and a combi oven/microwave.
There is a table with two chairs conveniently placed with stunning high ceilings and feature light fittings. The living area has a comfortable sofa, with pops of colour complimenting the white finished walls, there is a Smart TV with access to Netflix, a comforting electric wood burner and a single sofa bed neatly tucked away is required.
The bedroom is quaint with shabby chic designs in mind and an en-suite shower room. Modern shutters have been placed in the main living area for privacy. There is a patio area next to the property where you may bump into the owner’s dog, Skye.
This property is sure to blow you away.£59From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Thorncliffe, EnglandSituated on a country road, this attractive detached barn set in the grounds of the owners’ home has been lovingly converted, retaining many original features and beams. Celebrating excellent views over the surrounding countryside and superb walks from the door, with numerous local footpaths, the Old Byre makes an ideal base for visiting all the attractions the Peak District has to offer including Chatsworth House, Alton Towers (just 10 minutes away), Haddon Hall, Carsington Water, Cheddleton Steam Railway, Rudyard Lake and Meerbook Reservoir to name just a few. Shop 2½ miles and pub 1 mile.£54From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kingsley Holt, EnglandThis extended and refurbished bungalow, located in the small hamlet of Kingsley Holt provides a comfortable holiday base from which to explore the surrounding Staffordshire Moorlands and Peak District. The market towns of Leek and Ashbourne are within a short drive. The Churnet Valley Steam Railway, Kingsley Bird and Falconry Centre and Alton Towers are all within easy reach, as well as the numerous museums and historic houses this area has to offer. The Staffordshire Way is just a few minutes’ walk from the doorstep. Shop and restaurant 1½ miles, pub serving food ¼ mile.£68From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ilam, EnglandEnjoying spectacular countryside views, this detached holiday cottage is furnished and equipped to a very high standard and set within the 7-acre grounds of Garden Farm (no longer working), in a quiet and peaceful location on the edge of Ilam Hall Country Park. The ground floor comprises of a living room, spacious kitchen and a twin bedroom with an en-suite, and the first floor has a double bedroom and a bathroom. Excellent walking can be enjoyed from the door as well as cycling. The beautiful Dovedale and Manifold valleys lie just a mile away. Tissington and High Peak Trails nearby. Ashbourne 5 miles. Carsington Water 9 miles. Alton Towers 8 miles. Shops 5 miles, pub 1 mile.£80From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stoke-on-Trent, EnglandEnjoying far-reaching countryside views, this welcoming semi-detached holiday cottage, adjacent to the owners’ farmhouse but with its own private garden, is within easy reach of a huge variety of visitor attractions on the borders of the Peak District National Park. Hollins Lane is easily accessible from the cottage, perfect for walking your furry-legged friends. The beautiful Churnet Valley, with steam trains, wildlife reserves and splendid walking, is 2 miles. Within 10 miles are Alton Towers, Splash Landings, Waterworld, Trentham Gardens, Monkey Forest and pottery museums; also cycle hire for the Manifold Trail and Dovedale. There are four NT properties within 20 miles, and Bakewell, Buxton, Matlock and Castleton are all within easy reach. Golf and fishing 2 miles. Shops and pubs 2 miles.£84From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Rudyard, EnglandThis architect-designed boathouse enjoys a beautifully quiet location on the banks of Rudyard Lake. Set on arguably the best spot, it has stunning views up and down the lake. From the first floor balcony of the boathouse, visitors can take it all in and, on a still day, observe the surrounding lush woodland’s inverted reflection in the lake with all its colour, like in a mirror. Rudyard Lake is abundant in wildlife and offers various activities including birdwatching, fishing, sailing, canoeing, walking and cycling. Hire boats available on the lake. Rudyard Lake is located on the edge of the Peak District National Park in the Staffordshire moorlands and is surrounded by blanket tree preservation order. Other places of interest within easy driving distance include the market town of Leek, Macclesfield, The Potteries, Biddulph Grange, Buxton, Tittesworth Reservoir and The Roaches. Shop and restaurant 3 miles, pub 2½ miles.£119From price per night based on 7 night stay