- Stafford, England
The dog-friendly Swan Hotel in Stafford dates back to the 18C with parts dating back even further. The Swan is a charming, dog-welcoming hotel which provides a perfect base for a doggy getaway with your best furry friend in tow.£102Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Leek, EnglandMegs Cottage Butterton can be found on the edge of the Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Peaks in the picturesque conservation village of Butterton. Situated in the heart of the Peak District National Park, the detached cottage is an eco-friendly stable conversion, full of character with the staircase and beams crafted from reclaimed wood from the Royal Doulton Pottery. Antique furniture including a magnificent 18th-century oak chest and farmhouse oak table add to the wonderful eclectic and individual style, as do rustic ornaments and the farmhouse style kitchen, handmade by the owner himself. The property offers flagstone flooring with underfloor heating on the ground floor, and two en-suite bedrooms with super kingsize beds (can be twin on request) dressed with crisp Egyptian cotton linen. Outside, the private lawned garden and patio offers truly beautiful and unobstructed views across the surrounding fields and peaks. Sounds of the stream and birdsong play in the background and the view of the sunset is spectacular.
Megs Cottage Butterton is perfect for a quiet hideaway, away from life’s hustle and bustle but also as a base for more energetic activities. The Peak District offers excellent walking, climbing and cycling, and with the Manifold Valley, Dovedale, The Roaches, High Peak and Tissington Trail all in the local area you really are spoilt for choice. Finally for those thrill seekers, Britain’s premier theme park Alton Towers is just 20 minutes by car. Leek, with its supermarkets, is about 15 minutes’ drive. Shop 5 miles, pub and restaurant 180 yards.£88Price per night from
- Stafford, EnglandThe Stables at the Oaks is an off-the-grid, solar powered, eco-friendly, stable conversation, situated on the owner’s small holding with pigs, sheep and chickens, has been lovingly renovated by the owner to allow for a memorable stay. The open plan living space has a cosy, crackling wood burner as the central point in which to relax and enjoy after a day exploring. Features also include exposed beams, and this grand space has been tastefully decorated throughout. Two bedrooms await a good night’s sleep, and the shower room has all the features you would expect. Open up the door, pull back the window shutters and look over the open fields and wonderful views. The outside area is fabulous for al fresco dining and just to watch the world go by. Directly from your doorstep you will be amazed at the number of footpaths and walking opportunities.
Nearby you will find the busy little village of Yoxall offering a wonderful array of amenities. The ancient woodland at Needwood Forest offers lovely walks and is well worth a visit when the forest bursts to life in the spring with a beautiful carpet of bluebells. Definitely worth a visit is the National Memorial Arboretum, which is just a short drive away, as well as the National Brewery Centre, located a little further afield in Burton-on-Trent. Why not take a visit to the magnificent Cannock Chase, or just enjoy the peace and quiet of the Peak District National Park. There are plenty of historic estates located nearby for you to explore including Chatsworth House, Shugborough Hall, Kedleston Hall and the nearby Sudbury Hall. All in all The Stables at the Oaks is a truly ideal base for a wonderful holiday! Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£61Price per night from
This super dog-friendly 18th Century barn makes a wonderful base for a rural retreat with your canine companion, placing you and your pampered pooch in the heart of the picturesque Peak District.£363Price per night from
- Leek, EnglandGrindon is home to a host of fantastic walking routes, it is a peaceful and tranquil rural location with local pubs around you in Butterton, Warslow and Waterfall. This property began as a stable, then became a workshop, until the owners wanted to do more with the space and open it up to visitors given the stunning area it is in.
The property has views of Thor’s Cave and is a fantastic base for your Peak District getaway. The owners really have thought of everything and had their guest’s comfort at the forefront of their minds when planning the renovations. It has an open plan kitchen and sitting area, the kitchen has all the amenities you should need such as fridge/freezer, electric hob, and a combi oven/microwave.
There is a table with two chairs conveniently placed with stunning high ceilings and feature light fittings. The living area has a comfortable sofa, with pops of colour complimenting the white finished walls, there is a Smart TV with access to Netflix, a comforting electric wood burner and a single sofa bed neatly tucked away is required.
The bedroom is quaint with shabby chic designs in mind and an en-suite shower room. Modern shutters have been placed in the main living area for privacy. There is a patio area next to the property where you may bump into the owner’s dog, Skye.
This property is sure to blow you away.£98Price per night from
- Stafford, EnglandThe Pump House has been transformed into an amazing holiday home that provides excellent quality, superb furnishings and beautiful views over some of the estate land. The estate itself lies on the Staffordshire/Shropshire borders, providing a good base from which to discover both areas.
Guests are able to explore some of the private grounds of the Hall or the many public footpaths and bridleways that cross the 4000-acre estate (maps provided on arrival). On certain days of the year, the grounds are opened up to the public so they can explore the beautiful Hall, the Capability Brown landscaped Park, Lake and Woodlands.
Attractions nearby include Penkridge Wharf and The Shropshire Union Canal, the RAF Museum at Cosford, The Potteries, Ironbridge Gorge Museum, Dudley Zoological Gardens, Stafford Castle, National Sea Life Centre and the Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom. Birmingham is just 30 minutes’ away, with train services running from Codsall, just 2½ miles away. With the historic towns of Ludlow and Worcester within easy driving distance, it truly is a perfect base.£71Price per night from
- Gailey, England
A canal boat trip makes a fabulous adventure for your canine friend. You have the freedom to go where you want and your dog will love stopping off for endless new dog-walking opportunities and the gorgeous riverside dog-friendly pubs on route.£214Price per night from
- Leek, EnglandCosy ground floor cottage. Sleeps 2. Pet-friendly, garden with courtyard. Waterhouses 1.5 miles; Ashbourne 9 miles.£51Price per night from
- Leek, England
A detached property resting within the hamlet of Bottomhouse. Hot tub. BBQ. Leek 6 miles.£95Price per night from
- Thorncliffe, EnglandSituated on a country road, this attractive detached barn set in the grounds of the owners’ home has been lovingly converted, retaining many original features and beams. Celebrating excellent views over the surrounding countryside and superb walks from the door, with numerous local footpaths, the Old Byre makes an ideal base for visiting all the attractions the Peak District has to offer including Chatsworth House, Alton Towers (just 10 minutes away), Haddon Hall, Carsington Water, Cheddleton Steam Railway, Rudyard Lake and Meerbook Reservoir to name just a few. Shop 2½ miles and pub 1 mile.£64Price per night from