Dog Friendly Lodges Suffolk
With a staggering coastline, wonderful countryside and a variety of charming villages and towns, Suffolk has everything for your perfect pet getaway. Whether you roam the streets of Ipswich, soak up the history in Bury St Edmunds, or take a walk along one of the many gorgeous beaches, you and your pooch are sure to have an amazing time.
- Bury Saint Edmunds, England
Home to the Hervey Family for 200 years, dog-friendly The Ickworth in Suffolk is an incredibly luxurious hotel that is a great holiday base for couples and families.£145Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Brampton, EnglandNestling in a secluded setting in 35 acres of landscaped grounds and meadows, home to horses and ponies, these extremely comfortable cottages each with their own private decking and enjoying use of an indoor pool, are ideal for a relaxing holiday. Wi-Fi can also be found in the clubhouse building. Southwolds elegant seaside is 6 miles, whilst RSPB Minsmere, cycle hire, fishing and golf are all under 9 miles. Boat hire at Beccles, gateway to the southern broads, is 5 miles.£58Price per night from
- Saxmundham, England£1131Price per night from
- Botesdale, EnglandSet in the owners’ 7-acres of grounds and surrounded by farmland, these two detached barn conversions stand adjacent to one another. The Old Stables has its own enclosed garden, and its own private hot tub, with delightful open countryside views and has been well-furnished to provide a perfect holiday home at any time of year. Burfields Barn has en-suite bathrooms to all bedrooms, a wealth of exposed beams and the wood burner in the open-plan living/dining room/kitchen ensures a warm welcome all year round. Burfields Barn also benefits from a private indoor heated pool and games room. Outside, there is a large enclosed courtyard for al fresco dining and shared use of 7-acres of grounds for guests to enjoy. Catering is also available by prior arrangement with the owner.
The properties provide an excellent base for walking, cycling or bird watching, but are conveniently situated to explore the delightful market towns and villages of Suffolk. Stowmarket, 10 miles, is home to the Museum of East Anglian Life, has a wide range of shops and restaurants and direct train links to London Liverpool Street Station. Bury St Edmunds with its cathedral, abbey grounds and Georgian theatre, the market town of Diss and the county towns of Ipswich, Norwich and Colchester are all within easy reach. Slightly further afield are the unspoilt delights of the Suffolk Heritage Coast, including Aldeburgh, Dunwich, Walberswick, Southwold and the ancient burial ground at Sutton Hoo (National Trust). Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles. Burfields Barn (ref 29880) and The Old Stables (ref W44247) can be booked together to accommodate up to 15 guests. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£419Price per night from
- Saxmundham, England£3625Price per night from
- Sibton, England
A former 19th-century barn, dog-friendly The Cartshed in Suffolk has been lovingly restored into a spacious and welcoming holiday home – high ceilings and wooden beams still intact.£780Price per night from
- Sibton, England
Who doesn’t want their very own moat – even just for a week! This Tudor-style cottage high up on a hill within the estate is perfect for large families or groups of friends looking to enjoy a secluded break.£1211Price per night from
- Colchester, EnglandA charming, all-ground-floor annexe on the outskirts of the village of Alresford in Colchester. Pet-friendly. Hot Tub. Off-road parking. Colchester 6.5 miles; Clacton-on-Sea 9.7 miles.£84Price per night from
- Fressingfield, EnglandSituated in the grounds of the owners Grade II listed hall house which dates back to 1653, this detached cottage is elegantly furnished to a very good standard. Ulric the Thane was Lord of the manor in early Saxon times and Whittingham Hall was often visited by Prince Edward I. At one stage the land was used for racehorse training, some gallops remain intact. Whittingham Cottage enjoys complete privacy and a very pretty cottage garden with a terrace surrounded by roses. Ideal for sitting and enjoying a pleasant summers day or evening.
There are footpaths throughout the 500 acre arable farm, also a large pond with ducks. Ideal for touring the unspoilt stretches of of the Suffolk coasline’s 18 miles, with Minsmere Bird Sanctuary, Southwold and Dunwich all nearby. The Norfolk Broads and Norwich, 25 miles. Eye, Framlingham and Diss, 10 miles. The location of this property in the heart of the Suffolk countryside, makes an ideal base for exploring the delightful towns and villages that surround. Shops and pubs 1½ miles.£67Price per night from
- Brockford Green, EnglandTucked away on the site of the Mid Suffolk Light Railway track bed, close to the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway Museum, these delightful and unique holiday properties are based on the railway theme: one a station building plus 5 converted railway carriages, enjoying panoramic views across rolling countryside.
The Station House (ref E5336) is the centrepiece of a collection of steam railway-themed accommodation in a quiet location in the Suffolk countryside. It is a comfortable, three-bedroom, self-catering, detached, traditional station building, typical of the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway. With one double and two twin bedded rooms, it can house up to six adults.
Railway Carriage One (ref E5337) is an authentic, beautifully restored Mid-Suffolk Light Railway carriage on the Brockford Sidings site. It is a compact but airy carriage with a living room and kitchen area, and sleeps four in comfort. There is a double bedroom and a second sleeping area with two short bunk beds suitable for children. It is a delightful, well-appointed carriage and offers unique holiday accommodation for families and couples in the heart of Suffolk. The open plan small kitchen is well-stocked and has a hob, oven, microwave and TV. The carriage has single step access from the easy access rail platform, and boasts great views across the countryside and good outside space.
Railway Carriage Two (ref E5601) is the largest carriage at Brockford Siding, and has accommodation for up to six people. It is a well-appointed and spacious carriage with two bedrooms, one double, one with two bunk beds, and a further sofa bed in the living area to sleep two. Comfortable and homely, it is perfect for families, couples or friends, and it enjoys splendid views across the open countryside. The open plan living area, and an adjoining kitchen, allows families or friends to spread out, relax and enjoy their holiday together. The carriage is furnished with a comfortable sofa and chairs to provide a pleasant sitting area.
The Guard’s Van (E5639) is to be found on Brockford Siding’s 2-acre site, in a quiet location in the heart of Suffolk. It comprises of an original guard’s van and box wagon from the Mid Suffolk Light Railway and offers two comfortable bedrooms for four people, with a double and two single beds. It has a delightful living and dining room with comfortable, upholstered bench seats which retain the original feel of the carriage.
The Italian Carriage (UKC3492) offers accommodation for up to four people. Beautifully restored floor boardS and the neutral grey tones give a very European feel to this carriage. At one end you will find a bunk room, sleeping two people and the other a double bed in the master room. In the centre of the carriage is an open plan seating and kitchen area. The carriage enjoys its own patio and seating area.
Wilby Halt (ref UKC712) is a quirky and unusual property is split over two restored railway carriages. Linked by a railway platform, the first carriage houses the living space including kitchen and comfortable living room. The second carriage is the sleeping carriage where you will find the double bedroom and further room with bunk bed and single bed. This really is a unique experience and perfect for families.
It is surrounded by country lanes and farmland, making it an ideal location for those who enjoy cycling, walking and/or relaxing and getting away from it all. It is centrally located, so it is also a great destination for those who want to sample what Suffolk has to offer. The owner’s own swimming pool, ¾ mile away, is available and is heated all year. There is also a hot tub and sauna. Local amenities can be found in the pretty village of Debenham only 4 miles away, which has some lovely shops, pubs and cafés, as well as a local supermarket and leisure centre. The beautiful village of Mendlesham, 1½ miles, has a pub, post office, local store and bakery. It is within a short walk of the Mid-Suffolk Railway Museum, with steam trains at weekends in summer. Beach 27½ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 29 guests.£73Price per night from