Dog Friendly Lodges Suffolk
With a staggering coastline, wonderful countryside and a variety of charming villages and towns, Suffolk has everything for your perfect pet getaway. Whether you roam the streets of Ipswich, soak up the history in Bury St Edmunds, or take a walk along one of the many gorgeous beaches, you and your pooch are sure to have an amazing time.
- Saxmundham, England
Nestled between Southwold and Aldeburgh, dog-friendly The Ship at Dunwich in Suffolk is set in a quiet, idyllic village surrounded by nature reserves, heathland and beach.£88Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Woodbridge, England
Dating back to the 1800s, Twee Gebroeders is a luxury dog-friendly Dutch sailing barge, moored on the iconic waterfront at The Tidemill in Woodbridge, Suffolk.£154Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Kessingland, England
Just 500 yards from the glorious sand duned beach at Kessingland, a traditional seaside village on the Suffolk Heritage Coast, this delightful brick and flint cottage with its private sunny patio and garden is tucked away in the grounds of the owners’ home. Ideal for a family seaside holiday or just a haven to unwind and relax whatever the season. Only 4 miles away is the popular resort of Lowestoft which offers traditional seaside entertainment and both Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park and Africa Alive are within a short drive. Southwold with its pier and summer theatre, Dunwich Heath and beach, RSPB Minsmere, Aldeburgh with its fishing boats and local seafood and Snape Maltings Concert Hall are all easily accessible as are the lovely Norfolk Broads. Shop 0.5 miles and pub 500 yards.£75Price per night from
- Halesworth, EnglandThis delightful pair of Grade II listed former stables, (refs BVT and BVU) adjoining the owner’s Georgian house, have been lovingly restored to a high standard to combine character with modern convenience. Ideal base to explore the Suffolk and Norfolk coast and countryside and only 8 miles from the coast. Set on the edge of a charming market town with thriving arts scene, only 8 miles from Southwold and its sandy beach and lovely walks nearby. Easy driving distance of RSPB Minsmere, Walberswick, Dunwich, Aldeburgh, Snape Maltings, Norfolk Broads. Golf, riding, tennis, sailing, swimming and fishing all available locally. Rail links to London, Norwich and the Norfolk Broads. Shop and pub
1/2mile.£73Price per night from
- Snape Maltings, England
If it’s a unique escape you’re looking for, then look no further! Moored on the River Alde in Suffolk, Onderneming, meaning ‘Enterprise’ or ‘Undertaking’ in English, is a superb historic dog-friendly sailing barge dating back to the 1800s.£339Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Southwold, EnglandNear the Suffolk Heritage Coast, situated in the charming village of Blythburgh, this beautifully detached cottage sits on a tranquil country lane. Thoughtfully decorated throughout, Hogsnorting Villa boasts two double bedrooms, two shower rooms, contemporary kitchen and a cosy living room with wood burner. With views across the Blyth estuary and close to the ever popular town of Southwold, this is the perfect base to explore the Suffolk countryside and coast. In Blythburgh you will find a village shop and traditional country pub with restaurant. Close by is Walberswick, a 3 mile walk along the estuary and through the nature reserve, famed for the annual British Open Crabbing Championship. Suffolk is a picturesque county, ideal for those who enjoy history, culture, walking and charming rural scenery. Its gently undulating countryside and fantastic seaside resorts offer a perfect retreat at any time of year. Beach 5 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 220 yards.£111Price per night from
- Lowestoft, EnglandA wonderful detached holiday property, situated in a cliff top location directly overlooking the sea with panoramic and breath-taking views.
Situated on an exclusive and award-winning conservation park, this detached lodge is quietly nestled within the landscaped grounds. Ocean Glade offers a high level of comfort with an open plan style living accommodation and excellent uninterrupted sea views. Whatever the weather, you can relax and watch the changing weather conditions and spectacular sea-ward views direct from the comfy sofa. An enclosed veranda offers wonderful opportunity for al-fresco dining. With no compromise on style or comfort, full attention to details and high comfort levels provided, the warmest welcome awaits you.
The lodge is situated in the delightful village of Corton, near Lowestoft in Suffolk, the most easterly point in the UK. Surrounded by numerous areas for walking, it is especially popular with those who like to be close to nature. The coastline and award-winning beaches offer an ideal location for a coastal holiday and are pet friendly all year round, and the area is also famous for stunning sunrises, should weather conditions permit. Inland you are on the doorstep of the southern gateway to the Norfolk Broads National Park and Oulton Broad. Lowestoft has two popular piers, one boasting classic seaside entertainment and the other with an all year-round restaurant with wonderful views of Lowestoft’s beautiful sandy beach. Fishing and golf are also available nearby. Beach 500 yards.£117Price per night from
- Colchester, EnglandLocated on the beach, this airy, three-storey detached home has holiday written all over it. It’s just what is needed if you are looking to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The owner describes this little discovered area as one of their happy places. When you see the sunset over the sea you’ll understand why.
Having been recently renovated, this is the perfect place to really unwind and make the most of everything the area has to offer. With an abundance of unspoilt beaches and coastal footpaths, it’s a great spot for walkers & nature lovers. Fishing, windsurfing, and kitesurfing are on your doorstep, as is the Curve Aqua Park just a couple of miles away, great for big & small kids alike.
In the house, there’s plenty of room for everyone: a ground floor games room, an open plan living/kitchen/dining space that leads to a decked area where the sea is in touching distance. On the second floor, two of the bedrooms open onto the upper balcony, perfect for taking in the sea views with a coffee or glass of wine.
Whilst you may feel miles from anywhere, there’s a coffee shop, convenience store, pub & takeaway just a short walk away in high season. The beautiful historic village of St Osyth is just a couple of miles away, and if you’re after some seaside fun, Clacton on Sea is a must visit, where you are spoilt for food, and entertainment.£121Price per night from
- Lowestoft, EnglandBeach House just screams seaside and has been furnished and decorated to provide light and airy holiday accommodation for guests looking for a stylish take on a coastal theme. Just footsteps from the beautiful wide sandy beach and lots of great places to eat and drink, you are sure to be delighted that you have chosen this sweet little property for your holiday. A great year round destination, whether you are enjoying a bracing beach walk or taking in the sun, you will find it hard to tear yourself away, but if you do you will find lots of great things to see and do.
Less than 20 minutes from Southwold, you can soon find yourself enjoying the wide range of artisan boutiques, cafés and restaurants or exploring the pier and enjoying the view of the painted beach huts. Animal lovers of all ages will enjoy a trip to Africa Alive and thrill seekers can choose between the Pleasure Beach on Great Yarmouth’s Golden Mile or Pleasurewood Hills, the area’s only theme park. History buffs will enjoy visiting Somerleyton Hall and nature lovers can head to Carlton and Oulton Marshes. In fact there is so very much to do in the area that you will be glad to return to the Beach House to relax, unwind and maybe even wake up to that sea view! Beach 150 yards. Shop 400 yards, pub and restaurant 200 yards.£58Price per night from
- Halesworth, EnglandThere are original and contemporary elements to the Shoemakers Cottage, creating a tranquil environment for guests to enjoy. The property is located just minutes from the main thoroughfare in the traditional market town of Halesworth, which is home to many cafés, shops, a library and pubs.
The beautifully designed living room includes all the wonderful original features you would expect in a cottage, including stunning beamed walls and ceiling, original brick flooring, and brick fireplace. The room has been beautifully furnished with a mixture of both modern and antique furniture. The kitchen has shaker style units, with all of the modern conveniences you could ever need, along with a dining table with four chairs. Double doors lead out onto the courtyard garden, allowing you to dine alfresco. The master bedroom has been carefully designed to offer a tranquil space to relax in after a long day exploring Suffolk. There is a bespoke kingsize bed in this room and the most notable feature is the really impressive roll top bath, providing the perfect relaxation area. This room also has a wall mounted smart TV. On the second floor you will find the second bedroom. This is a very pleasant space for adults and children alike. The room includes two 3ft full size single beds.
A delightful property situated within walking distance of the historic, pedestrianized centre of this bustling market town. Southwold with its lighthouse, sandy beaches, pier and beach huts is just 7 miles away. This stunning holiday home is perfectly situated for tranquil walks and exploring the nearby coast. RSPB Minsmere and Dunwich are less than 10 miles away. Cultural events at ‘The Cut’ theatre, inns, restaurants and shops are all within ½ mile.£87Price per night from