Dog Friendly Lodges Suffolk
With a staggering coastline, wonderful countryside and a variety of charming villages and towns, Suffolk has everything for your perfect pet getaway. Whether you roam the streets of Ipswich, soak up the history in Bury St Edmunds, or take a walk along one of the many gorgeous beaches, you and your pooch are sure to have an amazing time.
- Kessingland, EnglandThis charming cottage has been renovated to a high standard and features a well-equipped kitchen with a range cooker and large farmhouse dining table, perfect for any celebration and family meals. The living room boasts comfy sofas and a wood burner, perfect for nights in during cooler evenings. On the first floor there are two bedrooms and a family bathroom, and another staircase leads to second floor with twin bedroom and dual aspect windows to enjoy the wonderful countryside views. The pretty south-facing garden is fully enclosed with barbecue and seating area. Dogs are welcome, and there are lovely walks from right outside the property.
This delightful country cottage is a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city whilst being close to the beautiful Suffolk coast. Suffolk is an area of outstanding natural beauty, thriving with wildlife, stunning scenery and beautiful walks. The unspoilt and quieter beach at Covehithe is just a 2-minute drive and a further 6-minute drive will take you to the renowned coastal town of Southwold, with its sandy beach, colourful beach huts, iconic pier and lighthouse, and a great selection of restaurants, pubs and shops, as well as the Adnams Brewery.
Wrentham is a delightful village and being close to Southwold along the Suffolk Heritage Coast. The village has a good range of amenities including a village shop and post office, two pubs serving good food and Chinese takeaway. For those that prefer to eat out, you will be delighted with the gastro pubs within the surrounding area, and there is a pub serving good food just a 1-minute walk away. Beach 2 miles. Shops ½ mile, pub/restaurant 50 yards.£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Church Rd, EnglandJust 500 yards from the glorious sand duned beach at Kessingland, a traditional seaside village on the Suffolk Heritage Coast, is this superb, very spacious, detached holiday home. The house has the added addition of a private hot tub, large garden, its own cinema room with a 2½ metre screen and a games room, and is the ideal base for a family holiday or for friends to get together to relax and unwind. Only 4 miles away is the popular resort of Lowestoft, which offers traditional seaside entertainment, and children will love Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park, which is just a short drive away. Just down the road is Africa Alive, or visit the lovely seaside resort of Southwold, famous for Adnams Brewery, the pier and summer theatre. Dunwich Heath and Beach, RSPB Minsmere, Aldeburgh with its fishing boats and local seafood, and Snape Maltings Concert Hall are also easily accessible. Hire a boat on the glorious Norfolk Broads and watch the weekly speed boat racing on nearby Oulton Broad. The medieval city of Norwich, with its fine shopping, castle, cathedral and museums, is an easy drive. Beach 500 yards. Shop, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£254From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Market Pl, EnglandThis spacious and delightful property is located in the heart of Lavenham. With medieval roots, Red Lion Corner was once part of an old pub named ‘The Red Lion’. It boasts exposed wood beams throughout, a stunning feature fireplace with exposed brickwork in the living room, and the breakfast room has views of the garden. Overlooking the market place, the property enjoys one of Lavenham’s best views of the timber-framed Tudor Guildhall, and provides easy access to the many local pubs, shops and restaurants on offer in Lavenham.
Red Lion Corner is a spacious 3-storey property with 3 bedrooms. It has a large dining room and cosy living room. The enclosed garden is great for your four-legged friend and an evening glass of wine in the summer. Decorated and furnished to a good standard this property is in a prominent location, perfect for friends and family to enjoy.
Local attractions include the famous and quirky buildings of historic Lavenham, located just a short stroll from the Guildhall, Little House and the market place. The market towns of Bury St Edmunds, Hadleigh and Sudbury with rail links to London and Newmarket are all an easy drive, as is the famous university city of Cambridge. Explore the many delightful surrounding towns and villages of Suffolk and Essex, including Long Melford, Kersey, Cavendish, the coastal town of Clacton-on-Sea and the oldest recorded town in the UK, Colchester. Slightly further afield is the Suffolk Heritage Coast, where you will find the seaside gems of Southwold and Aldeburgh. Shop, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£69From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cratfield, EnglandThis delightful, 18th-century traditional detached Suffolk cottage, set in the owner’s grounds, with its open beams, inglenook fireplaces and pretty cottage garden, makes the perfect ‘away from it all’ holiday retreat. Each bed features a comfortable Hypnos mattress for added comfort. Set down a country lane, close to the heart of the village, yet surrounded by peaceful countryside. Easy access to the market towns of Halesworth, Framlingham and its castle. Excellent for touring Norfolk and Suffolk, and central to the Heart of Suffolk cycle route. Within ½ an hour’s drive are Minsmere RSPB Reserve and Dunwich Heath (National Trust), and the coastal resorts of Southwold and Aldeburgh. Shop 3 miles, pub 2½ miles.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Halesworth, EnglandThis delightful pair of Grade II listed former stables, (refs BVT and BVU) adjoining the owner’s Georgian house, have been lovingly restored to a high standard to combine character with modern convenience. Ideal base to explore the Suffolk and Norfolk coast and countryside and only 8 miles from the coast. Set on the edge of a charming market town with thriving arts scene, only 8 miles from Southwold and its sandy beach and lovely walks nearby. Easy driving distance of RSPB Minsmere, Walberswick, Dunwich, Aldeburgh, Snape Maltings, Norfolk Broads. Golf, riding, tennis, sailing, swimming and fishing all available locally. Rail links to London, Norwich and the Norfolk Broads. Shop and pub
1/2mile.£55From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Thorndon, EnglandSet in one of Suffolk’s prettiest villages, this delightful, cosy and comfortably renovated barn and its pretty patio are the perfect place to relax and unwind. Nestling in the grounds of the owners’ home, it lies close to 60 acres of set aside land and Thornham Walks for dog walking, horse riding, easy rambles and watching the local wildlife, whilst the surrounding quiet country lanes offer lovely cycling. Just 3 miles away is the historic little town of Eye, and arts and music venues, a steam museum and plant centre are under 7 miles. The cathedral, castle, museums, theatre, cinema and excellent shopping in medieval Norwich city; Southwold; Walberswick; RSPB Minsmere and fish and chips at the beachside cafe by Dunwich Heath (National Trust) are all within an easy drive. Locally brewed cider and chocolates on arrival. Shop and pub serving food 200 yards.£49From price per night based on 7 night stay