Dog Friendly Lodges Suffolk
With a staggering coastline, wonderful countryside and a variety of charming villages and towns, Suffolk has everything for your perfect pet getaway. Whether you roam the streets of Ipswich, soak up the history in Bury St Edmunds, or take a walk along one of the many gorgeous beaches, you and your pooch are sure to have an amazing time.
- Lowestoft, EnglandA truly unique award-winning retreat that just oozes style and luxury with all the comfort of home along East Anglia’s ‘sunrise coast’ in the village of Corton. Beach Retreat has a breath-taking clifftop location with stunning panoramic sea views. A 2-bedroom, 3 bathroom luxury open plan holiday home is in Corton, Suffolk, yet only minutes from the Norfolk border. The well-equipped kitchen boasts a breakfast bar, dining table, 5-ring hob, built-in oven and microwave, and plenty of other appliances. The large, open-plan living room has two freestanding armchairs, a 3-seater sofa, large footstool, a cosy, electric flame-effect wood burner and a wall-mounted TV. The master bedroom boasts a kingsize bed, dressing table, walk-in wardrobe and an en-suite with large shower. The second bedroom, also a kingsize, has built-in wardrobes and an en-suite family bathroom with full size bath, shower over with screen, a vanity unit and a toilet. Six bi-fold doors lead you out to the decking, which is elevated on the clifftop, with table and opulent seating - perfect for al fresco dining whilst enjoying the views out to sea and along the beach.
The property is located on Ocean Glade and is set in a sun-dappled glade of deciduous and coniferous trees with private parking for 2 vehicles . A shaded path leads down to the sandy beach and is within easy walking distance, about 3 minutes away. Experience the changing of the seasons through the 6 bifold doors in the open plan living room, or watch the sunrise from your kingsize bed.
Take time out to explore local walks, nature reserves or the Norfolk Broads which is just 15 minutes’ drive away. If you are after a getaway that is off the beaten path without compromising on home comforts, this is the place for you with an abundance of fresh sea air, a real feast for the eyes and an amazing place to just kick back and recharge.
Come and explore Suffolk and the coast, and being close to the border with Norfolk, you can easily explore two counties in one holiday! Suffolk is a charming holiday destination, rich in history and local folklore. With around 50 miles of unspoilt beaches, Suffolk is a fantastic location for a traditional seaside holiday. The local coastline is dotted with several charming towns and villages, including the popular destinations of Southwold, Aldeburgh and Thorpeness. With seaside attractions, pretty beach huts, tasty local seafood and bracing local walks, you can be sure of a wonderful holiday by the sea that your family will remember for years to come. If this sounds like your cup of tea this Suffolk holiday home might just be the retreat you are looking for.
This really is perfect for couples and small families alike and is in the perfect position to explore the stunning coastline. Build up an appetite after breathing in all that lovely sea air. If you are a wild swimmer, a pleasure-paddler, a sun worshipper or a coastal walker, you will be spoilt for choice. This area is beautiful year-round and there is nothing quite like a blustery off-season beach walk to clear the cobwebs away. Add in wildlife in abundance and so very much more and you will soon see why this part of Suffolk is so popular. You may even have to come back just to fit it all in. And when you do, you’ll be sure to choose Beach retreat. As featured by ‘The Times’ top 10 best homes on the beach, 4 June 2022, this lovely lodge provides ideal seaside accommodation for you and your loved ones.£235From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kessingland, EnglandThis is a very special place! Set on the edge of the Suffolk heritage coastline near the ‘secret’ beach of Covehithe, this detached house is surrounded by blue skies, views of fields, woodlands, and nature reserves. The perfect retreat for larger families and groups looking for relaxation, fun and adventures. It is also close to Southwold and has easy access out into the surrounding towns and villages of Suffolk. Within walking distance is the village of Wrentham, with a village shop, pubs and superb café/deli, ideal for getting breakfast.
This country house has spacious accommodation with every care taken to present an exceptional holiday experience. It has large sociable areas, a warm snug with a wood burner for winter cosiness and some downstairs accommodation for those with mobility restrictions. It also has a huge swim-spa and beautiful gardens to enjoy. There is a porch with useful storage leading to the open plan living room, dining area and kitchen. The living area has comfortable seating here for everyone as well as benefitting from a Smart TV and huge bi-fold doors that lead out to the garden and spa. The dining area is complete with dining table and chairs for eleven guests, and the kitchen is equipped with everything you may need to rustle up a homely meal. Downstairs is a snug which can be used as a bedroom (includes mattress topper. wardrobe and blackout curtains) with a Smart TV, and there is also a downstairs bathroom with a big Jacuzzi bath and large rainfall shower. Upstairs are four bedrooms all with wonderful field and woodland views. Outside, make use of the bubbling swim pool/spa with seated jacuzzi area, jets and swim against ’pool’ area, there is a dry ’dome’ to dry off in with towel dryer and warm towels.
When you book will be in touch to help you organise any special requirements such as cocktail mixer to visit, catering including private chef, graze boards, afternoon teas or breakfasts delivered, party decorations or flowers, and bike hire.
Country walks are available all around, and the sea is only a walk or short bike ride away. The Suffolk heritage coastline has fabulous beaches to enjoy. Explore Southwold, a fantastic seaside town with pier, historic lighthouse and high street lined with independent shops and boutiques. RSPB Minsmere and Dunwich heath, offering opportunities for spotting birds and connecting with wildlife, with excellent walks available. For great days out visit Snape Maltings, Framlingham Castle, Halesworth Museum, Yoxford Antiques Centre and Gardens and Easton Farm Park. Vibrant market town of Beccles boasts independent boutiques and chain shops, with an excellent collection of eateries, including fine dining to many cafés serving home-made cakes and savouries to delight many palates. The weekly market is excellent for all things local, and there is an open air heated outdoor swimming pool, popular with many local swimmers and gateway to the Famous Norfolk Broads National Park. Beach 1½ mile. Pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£269From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Church Rd, EnglandJust 500 yards from the glorious sand duned beach at Kessingland, a traditional seaside village on the Suffolk Heritage Coast, is this superb, very spacious, detached holiday home. The house has the added addition of a private hot tub, large garden, its own cinema room with a 2½ metre screen and a games room, and is the ideal base for a family holiday or for friends to get together to relax and unwind. Only 4 miles away is the popular resort of Lowestoft, which offers traditional seaside entertainment, and children will love Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park, which is just a short drive away. Just down the road is Africa Alive, or visit the lovely seaside resort of Southwold, famous for Adnams Brewery, the pier and summer theatre. Dunwich Heath and Beach, RSPB Minsmere, Aldeburgh with its fishing boats and local seafood, and Snape Maltings Concert Hall are also easily accessible. Hire a boat on the glorious Norfolk Broads and watch the weekly speed boat racing on nearby Oulton Broad. The medieval city of Norwich, with its fine shopping, castle, cathedral and museums, is an easy drive. Beach 500 yards. Shop, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£254From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Eye, EnglandThis detached, single-storey dairy conversion, situated adjacent to the owner’s home, is in a good location for exploring the beautiful Suffolk Heritage Coast and the Norfolk Broads. The Old Dairy is within 3 miles of Thorndon Country Park which has 500-acres of diverse habitats, good for horse riding, walking, cycling and fishing. Enjoy a trip along the River Waveney or River Alde, taking in the waterside scenery and looking out for some of the region’s rare wildlife. Visit the coastal resorts of Aldeburgh and Walberswick, both 31 miles, and Southwold, 33 miles, or enjoy fish and chips at the beachside café by Dunwich Heath (National Trust), 30 miles. Dogs are allowed on most of the Suffolk coast’s beaches, the most popular stretches have restrictions over the summer months.
The National Trust site of Sutton Hoo can be found at Woodbridge, 26 miles away, where you can discover the story of the Anglo-Saxons at the burial ground of the kings. Just 4 miles away is the small historic town of Eye, which has an interesting range of independent shops, antique and interior shops, a deli, butcher, cafés and pubs. Bressingham Steam Museum and Gardens is 6¼ miles away, or visit the market town of Diss, 6 miles, with its supermarkets, shops, cafés, golf course, leisure centre with swimming pool, and direct rail links to London. Other places to visit include the medieval town of Bury St Edmunds, 19 miles, and the vibrant city of Norwich, 27 miles, with its castle, cathedral, shops, market square and pubs. Beach 31 miles. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£75From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Thorndon, EnglandSet in one of Suffolk’s prettiest villages, this delightful, cosy and comfortably renovated barn and its pretty patio are the perfect place to relax and unwind. Nestling in the grounds of the owners’ home, it lies close to 60 acres of set aside land and Thornham Walks for dog walking, horse riding, easy rambles and watching the local wildlife, whilst the surrounding quiet country lanes offer lovely cycling. Just 3 miles away is the historic little town of Eye, and arts and music venues, a steam museum and plant centre are under 7 miles. The cathedral, castle, museums, theatre, cinema and excellent shopping in medieval Norwich city; Southwold; Walberswick; RSPB Minsmere and fish and chips at the beachside cafe by Dunwich Heath (National Trust) are all within an easy drive. Locally brewed cider and chocolates on arrival. Shop and pub serving food 200 yards.£48From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Botesdale, EnglandSet in the owners’ 7-acres of grounds and surrounded by farmland, these two detached barn conversions stand adjacent to one another. The Old Stables has its own enclosed garden, and its own private hot tub, with delightful open countryside views and has been well-furnished to provide a perfect holiday home at any time of year. Burfields Barn has en-suite bathrooms to all bedrooms, a wealth of exposed beams and the wood burner in the open-plan living/dining room/kitchen ensures a warm welcome all year round. Burfields Barn also benefits from a private indoor heated pool and games room. Outside, there is a large enclosed courtyard for al fresco dining and shared use of 7-acres of grounds for guests to enjoy. Catering is also available by prior arrangement with the owner.
The properties provide an excellent base for walking, cycling or bird watching, but are conveniently situated to explore the delightful market towns and villages of Suffolk. Stowmarket, 10 miles, is home to the Museum of East Anglian Life, has a wide range of shops and restaurants and direct train links to London Liverpool Street Station. Bury St Edmunds with its cathedral, abbey grounds and Georgian theatre, the market town of Diss and the county towns of Ipswich, Norwich and Colchester are all within easy reach. Slightly further afield are the unspoilt delights of the Suffolk Heritage Coast, including Aldeburgh, Dunwich, Walberswick, Southwold and the ancient burial ground at Sutton Hoo (National Trust). Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles. Burfields Barn (ref 29880) and The Old Stables (ref W44247) can be booked together to accommodate up to 15 guests. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£441From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Southwold, EnglandTollgate Cottage is a beautiful, detached single level property enviably located on the edge of the Blythburgh Estuary. It is tucked away alongside the A12 which runs the length of the Suffolk Heritage Coast making it the ideal spot for those wishing to explore this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. In the village you will find a popular pub and walks including those by the famous church. The legend of the Black Shuck, a ghostly black dog, dates back to 1577 and has been immortalised in songs and folk legend. The church itself is an incredible structure, overlooking the Blyth Valley.
Public transport is superb here and you can get into the ever popular Southwold to enjoy all the quintessential town has to offer with ease. From its independent shops, brightly coloured beach huts and traditional pier, it’s easy to see why this coastal town is a holiday hot spot all year round. Walberswick is also an excellent must see during your visit. Crabbing here is the sport of choice and it will keep kids entertained all day. All you need is a line, a bucket and bacon (we hear smoked bacon is the preferred kind!).
This is also a dog friendly area with endless woodland and beach walks. A trip to Dunwich and the woods are highly recommended. With a much needed pub at the end of the route this is a destination ideal for both summer and winter getaways. RSPB Minsmere is also close by with incredible sighting of rare species reported by birdwatchers. Beach 3 miles. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 50 yards.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kessingland, EnglandWithin walking distance of Kessingland’s glorious sand dunes beach, this detached bungalow boasts its own private sunny decked area and enclosed garden. It is the ideal retreat for a short break. Sea Breeze is a brand new property completed in 2022 and has been finished to a very high standard, with no expense spared, making it an ideal choice for a staycation. An open plan living area offers a large Smart TV which you can cosy up in front of to enjoy a film after a long day exploring Suffolk. No matter the time of day, the well-equipped kitchen is the ultimate place to cook up a feast. The spacious bathroom features an elegant roll-top bath and a separate walk-in shower. There are two double bedrooms making Sea Breeze suitable for both families and friends looking to escape to the coast.
Kessingland is a traditional seaside village on the Suffolk Heritage Coast and 4 miles away is the popular resort of Lowestoftm which offers further traditional seaside entertainment. Both Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park and Africa Alive are within a short drive too. Southwold with its pier and summer theatre; Dunwich Heath and beach; RSPB Minsmere; Aldeburgh with its fishing boats and local seafood, and Snape Maltings Concert Hall are all easily accessible, as are the lovely Norfolk Broads. Shop ½ mile and pub 500 yards. This can be booked with UK38339 Wild Lupin to sleep up to 8 guests.£59From price per night based on 7 night stay