Dog-friendly Hotels Sussex
Home to the spectacular South Downs National Park, gorgeous beaches, elegant stately homes, fairy-tale castles, wild gardens, and vast stretches of beautiful countryside, Sussex, is a fabulous place for a dog-friendly escape. When you're not exploring the incredible landscape, you and your pup can discover the county's array of culture-rich seaside towns, including the infamous Hastings, Brighton and Eastbourne.
- Wick, EnglandMoray Cottage is an excellent base in the far north of Scotland, on the edge of historic Wick. The attractive cottage is over a 100 years old, and has been in the same family for the entire time. Upon entering the property you have a spacious hallway with dining room off to the right, living room and conservatory to the left, kitchen at the back of the house and a bathroom and toilet also downstairs. Upstairs there are two double rooms, one with a king-size, a twin room and another bathroom. The garden is really large and wraps around the entire house. It’s enclosed, so both children and dogs can play at will. There are seating areas outside, as well as a summer house.
It enjoys a rural aspect on the edge of the town, so you get the best of both worlds: close to Wick’s amenities but with a countryside situation. Moray Cottage will suit a family wanting to explore the far north of Scotland. It’s an excellent base from which to explore John O’Groats, Duncansby Head, Orkney and both the north east and north coasts using the NC500. There’s so much to see and do, you’ll be out and about seeing something new every day. And at the end of long days out exploring, Moray Cottage is an excellent place to return to rest and recharge. Beach 8 miles.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wick, EnglandA fantastic conversion of a stable into a lovely, spacious holiday home for two people. The Stable has been cleverly converted to deliver brilliant open-plan accommodation for those holidaying in the far north of Scotland. The Stable is only a mile south from Wick just off the NC500. The minimum stay is three nights, but the accommodation and location suits longer stays. It would be a good choice to stay at The Stable for a week or more and explore the far north from a lovely base.
There’s so much to see and do in the local area, for example the coastal path between John O’Groats and Inverness is only a short stroll to the east of The Stable and this leads you beautifully into Wick via The Trinkie (seaside swimming pool!), Tinkers Cave and Telford’s amazing harbour. In Wick there are places to visit, including the historic Pulteney Distillery. You could of course keep walking north on the coastal path and see places near to Wick like Noss Head Lighthouse, Castle Sinclair, Ackergill Tower and Reiss Sands. But these along with more sites like Keiss Castle and Harbour, and Duncansby Head can be easily reached by car from The Stable en-route to your inevitable trip to John O’Groats.
From The Stable it’s highly recommended that you take a trip to Orkney from Gills Bay, which is a cheaper and quicker ferry than that from Scrabster. Near to Gill’s Bay to the west you have another place you must visit, Dunnet Head and Beach. The Castle of Mey in the summer is also worth visiting. The list of places to visit goes on and on, which is why a base in this far north east location is needed. And you can go quite far by car south and west, as well via the interior roads, to really see this magnificent part of Scotland.
The NC500 is your friend, because it efficiently guides you to the majority of the best places in the far north. Its owners live on the same croft and you can be sure of a fine welcome and unrivalled Highland hospitality. It’s an uplifting, friendly and wholly lovely place to spend a holiday.£78From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wick, EnglandMorven View is an outstanding holiday property in the far north of Scotland. The Northern Highlands us a wild place, and Morven View has an aspect looking out over the interior towards the highest peak in Caithness.
Here you are just a couple of miles from Dunbeath village and only two miles from the coastline and a charming beach at Dunbeath Bay. Morven View offers the best of the Highlands, with mountains one way, dramatic coast the other. The owner can recommend some wonderful things to do in and around Dunbeath, as well as suggest brilliant itineraries around this fantastic part of Scotland. Morven View is excellently placed for a tour of the North Coast 500 northern section, situated close to two of the roads that cross the interior over to the north coast.
As well as having the characterful fishing villages of Lybster, Helmsdale and Brora close by, the town of Wick is not far away and John O’Groats a little further with dramatic Duncansby Head well worth a visit. The drive across to Cape Wrath is sublime, and the off-the-beaten road via Altnaharra or Kinbrace is a true Highland highlight.
Morven View is an excellent choice if you want to experience the less discovered Scottish Highlands, and have countless points of interest to enjoy. A family or group of friends are sure to love Morven View. Beach 3 miles. Shop 2¼ miles. Pub and restaurant 2½ miles.£209From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wick, EnglandCraiglea Lodge is a truly unique property in the magical far north of the Scottish Highlands. It rivals exclusive North American and Alpine properties, as well as anything on offer across the United Kingdom. Its indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna, from which uninterrupted views along the cliffs and out to sea are enjoyed, separates Craiglea Lodge from other properties. It’s a very, very special place that we urge you to book now.
Not only is the situation and location spectacular because of geography – you’re perched above the steep-sided valley that leads to the historic Latheronwheel Harbour on the Moray Firth – but also because the world-famous NC500 touring route is a stone’s throw away. In fact, it’s a perfect position because you can head north-north-east, northwest or south from Craiglea Lodge because Latheronwheel has a junction of NC500 routes leading off for exploration and adventures.
We love the location because you can be beyond Wick exploring Reiss Sands, Keiss, Duncansby Stacks and John O’Groats; heading west to Thurso and adventuring along the far north coast with amazing surfing beaches at Dunnet, Reay, Melvich and Strathy; plus you can easily go south to characterful Helmsdale with its world-renowned salmon river and amazing interior road through to the north coast beaches. All places mentioned are within 45 minutes’ drive, and with the interior road route via Helmsdale you can really explore this area by heading out on loop drives from Craiglea Lodge, not simply out-and-back tours.
Other notable places to visit and things to do close to Craiglea Lodge include Whaligoe Steps, Dunrobin Castle, Berriedale Footbridge and Braes, Old Pulteney Whisky Distillery Tour, Caithness Sea Coast boat trip, Orkney Islands Daytrip, to name only a few.
Activities and experiences can be arranged for your group, simply contact the owner directly and outline your interests and requests. The owner is incredibly helpful and very well connected to set things up for you. Previous guests have visited local art studios, taken part in art workshops and cookery classes, been on guided walks/hikes, ventured out deep-sea fishing, tried clay pigeon shooting and been out stalking as well as fly fishing on nearby estates. In addition to activities, the owner can arrange for catering at Craiglea Lodge and a personal local top-ranking chef for days or durations of stays at the property. Please just ask the owner for help. Obviously additional fees will apply for anything organised, to be paid to owner/locally.
The accommodation itself is large and spread across two deatched buildings: the Main House and a converted barn. The pool, Jacuzzi and sauna are situated in the Main House. Craiglea Lodge is incredibly versatile and can sleep up twenty people. It’s an excellent choice for a wide range of gatherings, whether family or friend focused.
We urge you to avoid hesitation and book this fantastic place for your holiday and get ready to make some amazing memories in the far north of Scotland with family or friends at Craiglea Lodge.£377From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wick, EnglandSeaview Cottage lives up to its name, the view from this lovely cottage is jaw-droppingly good. The North Sea is vast and wild up in these parts with amazing sea birds and marine mammals visiting the shores. You’ll be surprised, but from Seaview Cottage you may have the chance to spot dolphins, porpoises, other species of whale and many, many species of birds. It’s a nature lovers dream to be based at Seaview Cottage, it really is. Bring your binoculars, telescopes and long lenses for cameras as the cottage is situated perfectly in place that the Northern Lights can be seen dancing above the Cottage in the Winter!
Situated in the hamlet of Latheron Seaview Cottage is not only well placed from a natural beauty point of view, but also from a strategic view too. The road at Latheron splits with roads going north-east to John O’Groats and north-west to Thurso. Basing yourself at Seaview Cottage is an excellent choice to explore the many wonders of the far north of Scotland. The NC500 passes the cottage and will transport you to some of the best beaches in Europe (Dunnet, Melvich, Strathy, Reiss Sands), outlying Munros and many, many interesting places and sights. We recommend getting to Duncansby Head near John O’Groats to spot puffins and other sea birds, as well as more opportunities for those Orca-hunters amongst you; also, a visit to the Castle of Mey is a must. And we encourage visitors to get out on boat trips from Wick or Thurso to get closer to bird colonies and marine mammals already mentioned. The Orkney Islands are only a short hop from the north coast, so you also recommend visiting for a day during your stay at Seaview Cottage.
Back to the cottage and the owners have done an amazing job bringing this Seaview Cottage to life. It’s a gem of a place to stay. As soon as you pull up outside, the old stone wall with garden gate draws you in and wins you over. Walking up the path to the cottage you’ll pause and turn to take in the vast expanse of the sea view.£101From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wick, EnglandCranberry Cottage is a single-storey, detached cottage situated in open countryside on the owner’s working croft farm. This generously proportioned two-bedroom cottage has been extensively renovated and provides bright, modern accommodation in a tranquil and private setting. Traditional stone walls surround the gardens and there a lovely views from over the surrounding hills.
Cranberry Cottage has an open plan living space with leather sofa and chairs and a Smart TV in the living area. The large, modern kitchen has plenty cupboard space and a dining table and chairs. There are two generous sized bedrooms with bedside tables in the property; one double bedroom with a kingsize bed and mirrored wardrobes, and one twin. There is also a large modern shower room. Outside is a fully fenced garden mainly laid to lawn and with a gravelled area for private parking.
Cranberry Cottage is located in Caithness with the nearest village of Thrumster just 1½ miles away and has a shop and pub. Wick is 5 miles away with supermarkets, shops, restaurants, pubs and cafés. There is a golf course, a harbour and a distillery that is open to visitors. The cottage is the perfect base to go walking around the area and return to the peacefulness of the location and chill out in the evenings.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Selsey, EnglandSeagull Cottage offers ground floor accommodation, with three bedrooms and sleeping up to six guests. Additionally, there’s a dressing area with plenty of storage space for your belongings. The kitchen is modern and bright, equipped with all the necessary amenities to prepare delicious meals during your stay (if you choose to cook!). It features a breakfast bar and a dining table, perfect for enjoying family meals together. After a day of exploration, you can unwind in the cosy living room, complete with a Smart TV for entertainment. Step outside, and you’ll discover a portable charcoal barbecue and a delightful hot tub with electric awning, inviting you to soak and unwind while enjoying the picturesque surroundings (outside shower for hot-tub users).
From the doorstep explore this beautiful reserve, home to a diverse range of bird species and other wildlife. Take leisurely walks along the nature trails and observe the serene surroundings. Also just a short stroll is Pagham’s beach; an ideal spot for family picnics and strolls along the coastline. At the end of the bumpy track (approx third of a mile) you will find a café plus seaside kiosks, amusement arcade, a supermarket, chemist, newsagent, Indian restaurant/takeaway, fish and chip shop and a Chinese takeaway. Pagham boasts good pubs which provide excellent food choices and local brews.
Embark on a boat trip or sailing excursion from nearby Chichester Harbour, or visit the magnificent Chichester Cathedral, known for its stunning architecture and rich history. Take a guided tour or attend one of the many musical events held here. Discover the remains of a Roman palace at Fishbourne, showcasing intricate mosaics and offering insights into Roman life in Britain.
Just a short drive away, you’ll find West Wittering Beach, renowned for its pristine sandy shores and crystal-clear waters. It’s a popular destination for water sports enthusiasts. If you’re a motorsport fan, don’t miss a visit to Goodwood Estate, where you can experience thrilling races or explore the magnificent estate grounds and gardens. Journey to the nearby town of Arundel and explore majestic Arundel Castle, a medieval fortress with beautiful gardens and stunning views.£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Uckfield, EnglandWelcome to Ridge Hill Manor, this holiday retreat nestled in the heart of East Grinstead, surrounded by 100 acres of stunning private land. This magnificent manor house offers an unforgettable escape for those seeking luxury, tranquility, and a taste of countryside living. As you approach Ridge Hill Manor, the grandeur of this property is evident. With its classic English architecture, the manor stands as a testament to timeless elegance. The expansive estate offers a sense of seclusion and serenity, providing a perfect backdrop for your holiday getaway. Step inside and be enchanted by the spacious interior. The living room is the heart of the house, featuring an inviting open fire that sets a cosy ambiance, perfect for evenings spent with friends and family. The ample seating ensures everyone can relax and unwind together. The gourmet kitchen boasts an AGA cooker, a chef’s dream, where you can prepare delicious meals for your loved ones. The dining area is perfect for enjoying these culinary delights together, with views of the rolling countryside through large windows. With six beautifully appointed bedrooms, including three with en-suites and two additional bathrooms. Each bedroom is designed with your comfort in mind, offering a peaceful retreat after a day of exploration. Outside, the estate offers a wealth of activities to enjoy. Challenge your friends to a game of tennis on the private court or explore the vast grounds, taking in the breathtaking natural beauty of the Area of Natural Beauty High Weald and Ashdown Forest. The manor also features ample off-road parking for multiple cars, ensuring convenience for all your guests. Stay connected with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property, so you can share your holiday moments and keep up with the world if you wish.
Ridge Hill Manor is perfectly situated to explore the charming town of East Grinstead and the surrounding area. Whether you’re interested in historic sites, nature walks, or simply unwinding in luxurious surroundings, this holiday let offers it all. Escape to Ridge Hill Manor, where the blend of modern amenities and timeless elegance will make your holiday truly unforgettable. Book your stay now and experience the beauty of East Grinstead in the lap of luxury.£343From price per night based on 7 night stay