- Wick, EnglandMoray Cottage is an excellent base in the far north of Scotland, on the edge of historic Wick. The attractive cottage is over a 100 years old, and has been in the same family for the entire time. Upon entering the property you have a spacious hallway with dining room off to the right, living room and conservatory to the left, kitchen at the back of the house and a bathroom and toilet also downstairs. Upstairs there are two double rooms, one with a king-size, a twin room and another bathroom. The garden is really large and wraps around the entire house. It’s enclosed, so both children and dogs can play at will. There are seating areas outside, as well as a summer house.
It enjoys a rural aspect on the edge of the town, so you get the best of both worlds: close to Wick’s amenities but with a countryside situation. Moray Cottage will suit a family wanting to explore the far north of Scotland. It’s an excellent base from which to explore John O’Groats, Duncansby Head, Orkney and both the north east and north coasts using the NC500. There’s so much to see and do, you’ll be out and about seeing something new every day. And at the end of long days out exploring, Moray Cottage is an excellent place to return to rest and recharge. Beach 8 miles.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wick, EnglandMorven View is an outstanding holiday property in the far north of Scotland. The Northern Highlands us a wild place, and Morven View has an aspect looking out over the interior towards the highest peak in Caithness.
Here you are just a couple of miles from Dunbeath village and only two miles from the coastline and a charming beach at Dunbeath Bay. Morven View offers the best of the Highlands, with mountains one way, dramatic coast the other. The owner can recommend some wonderful things to do in and around Dunbeath, as well as suggest brilliant itineraries around this fantastic part of Scotland. Morven View is excellently placed for a tour of the North Coast 500 northern section, situated close to two of the roads that cross the interior over to the north coast.
As well as having the characterful fishing villages of Lybster, Helmsdale and Brora close by, the town of Wick is not far away and John O’Groats a little further with dramatic Duncansby Head well worth a visit. The drive across to Cape Wrath is sublime, and the off-the-beaten road via Altnaharra or Kinbrace is a true Highland highlight.
Morven View is an excellent choice if you want to experience the less discovered Scottish Highlands, and have countless points of interest to enjoy. A family or group of friends are sure to love Morven View. Beach 3 miles. Shop 2¼ miles. Pub and restaurant 2½ miles.£122From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wick, EnglandThe Pig Shed is a fantastic, luxurious studio apartment finished to the same high standard as the adjoining Burnside Cottage B&B. It has been awarded a Gold Green Tourism Award. Perfectly placed in the far north of Scotland between John O’Groats and Dunnet Head, The Pig Shed is a simply outstanding base from which to explore. Called The Pig Shed because the building was once home to a crofter’s pigs. It is now -you’ll be pleased to hear! - a luxury studio apartment that enjoys a sea and island view.
Set in the amazing big-sky landscape of Caithness you can see the Pentland Firth and the island of Stroma from The Pig Shed (and on a clear day you can see the Orkney Islands across the firth.). The accommodation is simple but brilliantly executed. Entering The Pig Shed there’s a helpful vestibule area which leads to the shower room and the main studio living space. The open-plan living space is beautifully finished and well-equipped for a self-catering holiday. It’s a place where a week or more would be very comfortable for a couple with dogs. Entering the main open-plan space there’s the kitchen/dining/living area first and the bedroom beyond over by the large rural and sea view window.
The local area is a treat for those visiting and staying at The Pig Shed. The Gill’s Bay ferry to Orkney is only half a mile away, so you can be over on the amazing islands within ninety minutes from The Pig Shed. Iconic John O’Groats is nearby and its neighbouring headland Duncansby is worth a visit – amazing seabirds and sea stacks. The Castle of Mey is a short drive away and so too is another RSPB hotspot, Dunnet Head. Dunnet Beach is only eight miles drive away and as well as being a beautiful stretch of sand is also an amazing surfing beach.
The towns of Thurso and Wick are only a short drive away and beyond the NC500 will take you to more outstanding places to see and visit. We urge you to book The Pig Shed and relax with the knowledge that you have booked a gem of a place to stay in the far north of Scotland. You’ll look forward to returning to The Pig Shed after days out exploring, and you’ll likely want to book again in the future as it’s such a welcoming, comfortable, and astonishing place to spend a short break or longer stay.£96From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Selsey, EnglandSeagull Cottage offers ground floor accommodation, with three bedrooms and sleeping up to six guests. Additionally, there’s a dressing area with plenty of storage space for your belongings. The kitchen is modern and bright, equipped with all the necessary amenities to prepare delicious meals during your stay (if you choose to cook!). It features a breakfast bar and a dining table, perfect for enjoying family meals together. After a day of exploration, you can unwind in the cosy living room, complete with a Smart TV for entertainment. Step outside, and you’ll discover a portable charcoal barbecue and a delightful hot tub with electric awning, inviting you to soak and unwind while enjoying the picturesque surroundings (outside shower for hot-tub users).
From the doorstep explore this beautiful reserve, home to a diverse range of bird species and other wildlife. Take leisurely walks along the nature trails and observe the serene surroundings. Also just a short stroll is Pagham’s beach; an ideal spot for family picnics and strolls along the coastline. At the end of the bumpy track (approx third of a mile) you will find a café plus seaside kiosks, amusement arcade, a supermarket, chemist, newsagent, Indian restaurant/takeaway, fish and chip shop and a Chinese takeaway. Pagham boasts good pubs which provide excellent food choices and local brews.
Embark on a boat trip or sailing excursion from nearby Chichester Harbour, or visit the magnificent Chichester Cathedral, known for its stunning architecture and rich history. Take a guided tour or attend one of the many musical events held here. Discover the remains of a Roman palace at Fishbourne, showcasing intricate mosaics and offering insights into Roman life in Britain.
Just a short drive away, you’ll find West Wittering Beach, renowned for its pristine sandy shores and crystal-clear waters. It’s a popular destination for water sports enthusiasts. If you’re a motorsport fan, don’t miss a visit to Goodwood Estate, where you can experience thrilling races or explore the magnificent estate grounds and gardens. Journey to the nearby town of Arundel and explore majestic Arundel Castle, a medieval fortress with beautiful gardens and stunning views.£118From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hastings, EnglandBexhill-on-Sea, located on the south coast of England, is a popular destination for holidaymakers seeking a charming seaside retreat. Crossways Mansions is a delightful apartment provides a wonderful setting for your holiday. The highlight of this beautifully designed apartment is the wonderful view of the sea from all rooms. Both bedrooms are tastefully decorated and furnished with comfortable beds and storage units, and the kitchen is fully equipped, allowing you to prepare your own meals if you wish. Outside, the terrace is an ideal spot for enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning or watching the sunset in the evening.
Bexhill-on-Sea serves as an excellent base for exploring the surrounding area. Take a leisurely stroll along the beautiful promenade, which stretches along the coast, and enjoy the fresh sea breeze and take in the stunning views of the English Channel. Visit the iconic De La Warr Pavilion, a contemporary arts venue that hosts a variety of exhibitions, performances, and events. Explore the art galleries and catch a show or concert. Wander through Bexhill’s charming Old Town, with its quaint streets, independent shops, and historic buildings. Spend a relaxing day at Egerton Park, a picturesque park with beautiful gardens, a lake and recreational facilities. Learn about the local history and heritage of Bexhill at the Bexhill Museum, where you can explore fascinating exhibits that showcase the town’s past, including its connection to the birth of British motor racing.
Take a short trip to Cooden Beach, a nearby coastal village known for its scenic beach and charming beach huts. Visit the magnificent Herstmonceux Castle, a 15th-century moated castle surrounded by beautiful gardens and woodlands. Explore the castle’s interior, attend medieval events, or enjoy a picnic on the grounds.
Just a short drive away is the historic town of Hastings, known for its medieval Old Town, Hastings Castle, and the famous Hastings Pier. Enjoy exploring the narrow streets, visiting art galleries and sampling delicious seafood. Discover the site of the historic Battle of Hastings at Battle Abbey, where you can also explore the abbey ruins, walk in the footsteps of William the Conqueror, and learn about the events that shaped English history. Explore the nearby nature reserves such as Rye Harbour Nature Reserve and Pevensey Levels Nature Reserve. These areas offer opportunities for birdwatching, walking trails and enjoying the natural beauty of the Sussex countryside.£144From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Uckfield, EnglandWelcome to Ridge Hill Manor, this holiday retreat nestled in the heart of East Grinstead, surrounded by 100 acres of stunning private land. This magnificent manor house offers an unforgettable escape for those seeking luxury, tranquility, and a taste of countryside living. As you approach Ridge Hill Manor, the grandeur of this property is evident. With its classic English architecture, the manor stands as a testament to timeless elegance. The expansive estate offers a sense of seclusion and serenity, providing a perfect backdrop for your holiday getaway. Step inside and be enchanted by the spacious interior. The living room is the heart of the house, featuring an inviting open fire that sets a cosy ambiance, perfect for evenings spent with friends and family. The ample seating ensures everyone can relax and unwind together. The gourmet kitchen boasts an AGA cooker, a chef’s dream, where you can prepare delicious meals for your loved ones. The dining area is perfect for enjoying these culinary delights together, with views of the rolling countryside through large windows. With six beautifully appointed bedrooms, including three with en-suites and two additional bathrooms. Each bedroom is designed with your comfort in mind, offering a peaceful retreat after a day of exploration. Outside, the estate offers a wealth of activities to enjoy. Challenge your friends to a game of tennis on the private court or explore the vast grounds, taking in the breathtaking natural beauty of the Area of Natural Beauty High Weald and Ashdown Forest. The manor also features ample off-road parking for multiple cars, ensuring convenience for all your guests. Stay connected with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property, so you can share your holiday moments and keep up with the world if you wish.
Ridge Hill Manor is perfectly situated to explore the charming town of East Grinstead and the surrounding area. Whether you’re interested in historic sites, nature walks, or simply unwinding in luxurious surroundings, this holiday let offers it all. Escape to Ridge Hill Manor, where the blend of modern amenities and timeless elegance will make your holiday truly unforgettable. Book your stay now and experience the beauty of East Grinstead in the lap of luxury.£376From price per night based on 7 night stay