Known as being the 'heart' of Shakespeare's England, the county of Warwickshire offers the perfect mix of natural beauty, history, and entertainment. Amongst the wonderful landscape are some of Britain's most interesting places, including Stratford-Upon-Avon, Royal Lemington Spa, and Warwick; all rich in culture and history. With plenty to see and do, it's the ideal place for you and your furry friend to discover together.
- Warwick, EnglandA lovely holiday home in the pretty Warwickshire village of Marton awaits your stay. Located down a quiet road next to the friendly owner’s home, this one-bedroom property has all the home comforts and is perfectly positioned to enjoy all the delights this great county has to offer. There is a wealth of country walks from the village so a great area to enjoy with your furry friends.
Draycote Reservoir is approximately 6 miles away and offers excellent Fly Fishing for Trout from its banks and fleet of boats and holds many competitions throughout the summer season, it also offers a lovely circular walk or cycle ride, a sailing club and it’s also a great spot for birdwatching. Southam for all your local amenities is under 5 miles away or head to Rugby, 9 miles which boasts a variety of designer and high street shops, restaurants and pubs, and is home to the green open spaces of Caldecott Park, Coombe Abbey Country Park and Brownsover Hall. The Victorian Spa Town of Royal Leamington Spa is 10 miles and is full of stunning Regency architecture and wide boulevards and boasts a unique shopping experience with over 500 independent boutiques, high street brands and health and beauty salons.
Centred around the River Leam, where you can hire a boat, there is much more to discover including historical walks, the spa at the Royal Pump Rooms or visit Jephson Gardens with its sub-tropical glasshouse. Warwick with its famous castle is just 12 miles away or a little further is Shakespeare’s Stratford Upon Avon (23 miles), where you can enjoy a full day out exploring the historic town, taking a trip down the river, seeing a play at the Royal Shakespeare Company Theatre or finding out more about the Bard’s life as his birthplace is in the centre of the town. Just a half-hour drive will take you into the Cotswolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, where you can meander through country roads stopping off at picturesque points and country pubs along the way. The NEC, Coventry, Daventry and Northampton are all accessible within a half an hour’s drive.£54From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stratford-upon-Avon, EnglandA famously historic location! This very pretty listed cottage is only 200 yards from Anne Hathaway’s beautiful and famous cottage. It is of similar style and period, much smaller and one of a group. With many original and quirky features including beams, a feature inglenook fireplace and lead mullion windows. Situated in the quiet village of Shottery, about 1 mile from the centre of Stratford, with easy access to the many and varied attractions of this historic town catering for all interests, and in a quiet setting away from the bustle. Historic Warwick, Kenilworth, Evesham and the Cotswolds are all close by. Shop and pub serving food ¼ mile.£59From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Evesham, EnglandNew Inn House has been furnished with very good quality fitted bathrooms and high pressure showers with underfloor heating, and occupies a quiet, rural location. This spacious holiday property commands uninterrupted views over the surrounding countryside towards the Cotswolds Hills and stands adjoining the owners’ home in grounds of nearly 5 acres. Comfortable, it is well equipped with grounds comprising extensive terracing, south-facing sitting-out areas, and exclusive use of an all-weather hard tennis court and an outdoor heated swimming pool, as well as a full-size pool table and children’s play area with 14ft trampoline, swings and a slide.
Perfectly placed for exploring the Cotswolds and its many delights and family attractions, it is within easy reach of Stratford-upon-Avon. A town brimming with half-timbered buildings, there are many interesting sights associated with Shakespeare to be seen; the Holy Trinity Church, and the Bard’s last resting place, Guild Chapel, Hall’s Croft and New Place all make for interesting visits, as does Royal Shakespeare Theatre and the adjoining Swan Theatre. New Inn House is also ideal for visiting Cheltenham, and the Gustav Holst Museum, Evesham – reputedly Lady Godiva’s site of burial, and Tewkesbury.
In addition to the many historic Cotswold villages and towns, the surrounding countryside is excellent terrain for walking; a climb to the summit of the Worcestershire Beacons affords marvellous views of lush green Hereford and the flat expanses of the Severn Valley. Golf 4 miles. Superb fishing in Evesham. Two pubs within walking distance. Shop ½ mile.£230From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Warwick, EnglandSet in glorious farmland down a tree-lined drive close to Shakespeare’s River Avon, these delightful adjoining properties, Cressida ref NMA, and Troilus ref NMB, have been restored by a professional architect designer to offer a holiday retreat for all seasons. The interiors have been converted in a contemporary manner whilst retaining their original charm, including their attractive exposed beams.
Cressida (NMA) is ideal for a family holiday as it has a double and twin bedroom. It has a beamed open plan living/dining/kitchen area with patio doors to the terrace. The double bedroom has a kingsize bed and there is also a twin bedroom, ideal for the kids! Troilus (NMB) is larger and has retained its character with a beamed open plan living/dining area and a modern kitchen. A mix of old and new throughout, the spacious conversion has 2 double bedrooms and 1 twin. Ideal for families or a group of friends wishing for a relaxing break. Light and airy, the views from the terrace stretch across the owner’s fields and give it a real secluded feel. Perfect for a few drinks in the evening! Both properties can be booked individually or together for larger groups and, as they are only 2 miles from the M40, they can be reached easily from the north or south making them ideal for family holidays or reunions.
Both have terraces which have views across the owner’s fields and an abundance of local wildlife, such as the friendly sheep, rabbits, hares, buzzards and monkjack to name a few. If you love getting close to nature this is the ideal place for you. Beautiful walks from the barns and cycling (adjacent Cycle Way 41). Not far from the local amenities, you can also explore the sights of nearby Warwick, Stratford-upon-Avon, Royal Leamington Spa, Kenilworth and Coventry (City of Culture 2021). All have a variety of excellent restaurants, interesting specialist shopping, museums and sights such as Warwick Castle and Shakespeare’s houses. There are 10 National Trust properties and the National Motor Museum at Gaydon, all within a 45-minute drive. The National Exhibition Centre (NEC) holds a huge variety of exhibitions and events. If you are exhibitors, this is a perfect place to stay as the NEC is only 30 minutes’ down the motorway. Warwick Parkway railway station is 4.5 miles to take the train to London, 80 minutes, and Birmingham, 23 minutes. Golf, tennis and riding available locally. Shops 3.5 miles, pub 2.5 miles.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Barford, EnglandYour secluded private garden makes a perfect sun trap, and you are welcome to share our inspirational riverside plot which combines a 20-year conservation project with producing food, firewood and electricity. An acre of island on the River Avon showcases sustainable, wildlife friendly living in practice, with a hydroelectric generator on the old mill site, and with sitting out points chosen to show off the river and its abundant birds, flowers, fish and (if you are lucky) kingfishers and otters.
The village has two pubs, one Gastro, one Indian, and an exceptionally well-appointed community run shop. Warwick is 5 minutes away and Stratford on Avon 15 mins.£46From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Evesham, EnglandA beautiful mid-terrace barn conversion, in the heart of Cleeve Prior, close to the Warwickshire border. WiFi, open fire, pet-friendly. Rural retreat. Great base for exploring Worcestershire and Warwickshire. Evesham 6 miles.£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Southam, EnglandCharming character cottage with woodburning stove and hot tub, 1.2 miles from the village of Napton-on-the-Hill. Mostly ground floor. Romantic retreat. Pubs, village store, tea room and marina are within walking distance. Southam 4 miles.£54From price per night based on 7 night stay