Pet Friendly Pubs with Rooms West Sussex
Planning a rural escape to the rolling hills of the South Downs? Or want a seaside getaway with your furry friend? West Sussex makes a fabulous location for a dog friendly holiday and you won't be short of pet friendly pubs with rooms to choose from for a pawsome break.
- Nr. Horsham, England
Dog-friendly South Lodge is a five-star luxury country house in Horsham, West Sussex, making it just an hour from central London, bordering the beautiful South Downs National Park.£600Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Climping, England
Set in glorious parkland, this 1920s mock-medieval spa hotel has a captivating charm and is wonderfully positioned just a five-minute walk away from Climping Beach.£380Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- EnglandBuilt in 1790 and sympathetically extended to match in with the character of the original building, Well Cottage sits on a quiet, country lane overlooking fields and open countryside. A cosy, semi-detached character cottage, the inglenook fireplace with roaring wood burner is ideal for curling up in front of after a day out exploring and with the original oak beams overhead. There are bi-folding doors leading outside from the well-equipped kitchen/dining area which is well-placed to allow you to admire the views across the garden and to the duck pond in the field beyond. Upstairs, there is an elegantly finished master en-suite bedroom and a second double and single bedroom which share a bathroom and overlook the quintessential cottage front garden which will be blooming with flowers in the spring. Outside, the enclosed lawn garden with covered pergola, dining patio and barbecue offers the perfect spot to unwind with an al fresco breakfast or dinner, whilst the sun-drenched south facing patio with awning is great for basking in the sunshine.
Situated in a beautiful countryside position, located in the heart of West Sussex and bordering the South Downs Way, picturesque countryside walks and cycling adventures await. The cottage is close to many visitor attractions. A choice of locally renowned, country pubs lie within a 5-minute drive. Sumners Ponds are just a mile away and Fisher’s Farm Park is just 25 minutes drive. The bustling market town of Horsham is nearby, with an array of shops and restaurants, and a 30-minute drive will take you to the scenic Sussex coastline. Beach 17 miles. Village shop and pubs/restaurants 1¼ miles.£104From price per night based on 7 night stay
- West Wittering, EnglandThis well-presented 17th-century detached property has the advantage of being only 10 minutes’ walk from the renowned West Wittering beach. Its attractive interior boasts many period features, such as beams and a superb inglenook fireplace in the living room. This is an ideal base for exploring the delights of Chichester, with its popular festival theatre and picturesque harbour. Arundel and Bosham harbour also within easy reach. Shops ¼ mile and pub 200 yards.£100From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Elmer Rd, EnglandBuilt on the owner’s land, this unique, cosy and compact property is ideal for couples or a one-person getaway. Dolphin has been cleverly crafted using a boating theme, and is only 40 yards from the beach, with private path access. It enjoys a small enclosed south-facing decked courtyard and is shaded by a beautiful pink awning. As you sit back in the comfort of the reclining deckchairs amongst the pampas grass and plants, you can listen to the birds whistling and the waves breaking on the seashore.
The dog-friendly pebble and sand beach, protected by rock islands, is great for crabbing, fishing, bathing or potholing, and it is perfectly located for walking to nearby Bognor Regis. Middleton-on-Sea has pubs, local shops, takeaways and restaurants within easy walking distance, and Littlehampton or Bognor has further eateries, as well as small beachside cinemas, within a 5-minute drive. There is plenty to do in the area, with Arundel close by, famous for its castle, lanes with artefacts, books and antique shops, plus Wildfowl and Wetlands Wildlife Centre, Pulborough Brooks RSPB and popular beaches at The Witterings, Worthing and Bognor. Also the easy driving distance to Chichester with its cathedral, festival theatre, leisure facilities and Goodwood or Fontwell Races, or Midhurst with Cowdray Polo and shops. There are many scenic walks including in the South Downs National Park. Also within easy driving distance (or train ride) is the cosmopolitan city of Brighton to the east, and Portsmouth to the west, which has the Spinnaker Tower, ferry trips to the Isle of Wight and designer retail shopping. National Trust homes and gardens, such as Goodwood House, Parham Park, Royal Pavilion, Petworth House, Stanstead Park and East Dean can all be easily reached. Outdoor pursuits such as golf, horse racing, various water sports, riding and cycling routes can all be found in the area. Can be booked with ref: 27373 to accommodate up to 6 guests. Shop, pub and restaurant 50 yards.£50From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandArun Cottage is a beautiful property that is right in the heart of Loxwood, just minutes away from Billingshurst, and 100 yards from Wey/Arun canal. There is a slight setback from the main road where the cottage is located. The cottage dates back from 1904, and the rooms downstairs are separated by open doorways. The kitchen is a reasonable size with country-style cabinets. The kitchen window looks out over the small patio area and the field where two white horses live. The kitchen has everything you need for a home-from-home staycation. The kitchen then leads to the cosy living room where you will find an open fire. This is the perfect space to relax after a long day on the canal which is less than a 5-minute walk away. From the living room, there is an open doorway that leads into the dining area with a bar. This room looks out to the garden, and there are two sets of French doors leading to the garden. On the first flight of stairs to the first floor, you will find the family bathroom with a walk-in shower and a view of the field at the back of the house. There are two bedrooms on this floor, and any of these rooms will be the perfect place to get a good night’s sleep. Up the stairs to the second floor, you have the third bedroom with a double bed and another family bathroom with a free-standing roll-top bath. You can relax here in a gorgeous bubble bath while the rest of the family is downstairs enjoying the sumptuous living room.
There is so much to do in and around Loxwood. There are two pubs nearby, both within walking distance, both offer food and receive favourable reviews. If you fancy a day on the canal, you can book boat trips and even take a Santa cruise during the Christmas holiday time. This can be booked via the Wey and Arun Canal Trust. The Wey and Arun Canal is the idyllic spot for a bit of bird watching and taking in all that nature has to offer. If you do not fancy a boat trip, then there are many scenic walks including The Wey-South Path. This is a walking route linking the North Downs Way and South Downs Way. If you are a keen golfer, there are some great golf courses nearby. The pretty town of Chichester is not too far away, and Arun Cottage is a convenient base for any of the Goodwood events and for the Loxwood Joust festival. This is a memorable day out for the whole family. After all that fun you can walk back to Arun Cottage and take advantage of all the luxury the cottage offers. Beach 23 miles.£97From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThis Grade II listed holiday home has been beautifully refurbished by the owner to a very good standard. Outside there is a drive with enough parking for up to four vehicles, a beautifully kept garden with outdoor seating and gas firepit, perfect on a summer’s evening. At the end of the garden, behind an arch and picket fence, is a little tranquil haven with additional seating to truly enjoy the views across the fields and spot the sheep.
On the ground floor there is a lovely open-plan kitchen diner with everything you could possibly need for a very comfortable stay, including an electric Aga. On those chilly evenings you can relax in the living room and stoke up the wood burner. Chill out watching something on Netflix or listen to music on the Bose sound system, and even recline on the electric sofa for added comfort. Those that might need to catch up on some emails while they are away or want a quiet spot to read then there is a study available on the ground floor. Upstairs there are three bedrooms, and features two bathrooms. The first floor bathroom has a beautiful bath with shower over, and downstairs has a shower.
Petworth is a charming and historic market town voted “Best Antiques Town” and host to quaint coffee shops, fabulous award-winning restaurants, cosy pubs, plus interior and antique shops. The National Trust Petworth House, Deer Park and shimmering valley are nearby and steeped in history with stunning views. Colhook House is surrounded by miles of beautiful national parkland with lots of footpaths to explore, and Petworth is truly such a special place to be enjoyed at any time of the year.
A short drive away are the world famous car festivals at Goodwood, the polo at Cowdray Park, the Coultershaw Heritage Site with its waterwheel, historic water pump, state-of-the-art 21st century water turbine and historic buildings around the mill pond, Tinwood Estate Vineyard and the historical Arundel Castle.
The cathedral city of Chichester is worth a visit, and there are plenty of good shops and restaurants. Other places to visit include Petworth House and Park, Pulborough Brooks RSPB Reserve and Wey and Arun Canal. Petworth Festival - June, Polo at Cowdray - May to July, Goodwood Festival of Speed - June, Glorious Goodwood - July/August and Goodwood Revival - September. Beach 20 miles. Pub and restaurant 3¾ miles.£113From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bognor Regis, EnglandThis 400-year-old cottage has been beautifully restored by the owner. On the ground floor is a lovely cosy living room with a wood burning stove and Smart TV, a separate dining room with a decorative feature fireplace and Smart TV and a fully equipped kitchen that backs onto a private garden, which has an undercover area great for al fresco dining. Upstairs are two bedrooms, both with kingsize beds, and a bathroom with a shower and his and hers sinks. The Farm Cottage is next door to a pub and within walking distance of several large supermarkets and shops.
Bognor Regis is becoming one of the most popular seaside places to visit. With large expanses of sand at low tide and the 3-mile-long promenade, which stretches from Felpham to Aldwick. Along the promenade, are a number of places providing hot and cold food and drinks as well as those all-important ice creams and fish and chips. The promenade train is a great way to enjoy the views. The seafront and Butlins swimming complex is around a 15-minute walk from the cottage and 10 minutes from the historic Hotham Park, which has a children’s play park, boating lake, café and miniature railway.
There is a lot to explore in this area of the south coast with the historic city of Arundel, home of the stunning Arundel Castle and Gardens. Take a break from sunbathing and swimming and head up to the glorious South Downs for a gentle stroll or a bike ride. The very popular attractions at Glorious Goodwood and Fontwell Racecourse plus Worthing, Brighton and Portsmouth are an easy drive. The cathedral city of Chichester is only 5 miles away, with broad streets packed with listed buildings, most notably the towering presence of the cathedral; all neatly enclosed within the ancient but fantastically preserved Roman city walls. It is a vibrant,cosmopolitan and friendly city proudly combining two thousand years of heritage with a lively lifestyle. Chichester Festival Theatre is well worth a visit. Beach 1¼ miles. Pub and restaurant 30 yards.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bognor Regis, EnglandFoxes Furlong sits in the heart of Barnham, a very pretty village and just an 8-minute walk to the train station with direct routes to Bognor Regis, Brighton and Portsmouth.This holiday home is perfect for four guests, with two double bedrooms, an en-suite shower and family bathroom all on the first floor. Downstairs there is a great sized, well equipped kitchen with oven, hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.There is a small dining area in the kitchen, perfect for keeping the cook company. Off the modern lounge/diner is a lovely, enclosed garden with lawn and a small patio area.
Situated a short drive from the beach at Bognor Regis with large expanses of sand at low tide and the 3-mile long promenade this is one of the most popular seaside places to visit. . It is also a perfect location for those wanting to visit the world-famous events at Glorious Goodwood, just a 15 minute drive away and Fontwell Racecourse, which is less than 10 minutes. There is lots to explore in this area of the South coast with the historic cities of Arundel, home of the stunning Arundel Castle & Gardens, take a break from sunbathing and swimming and head up to the glorious South Downs for a gentle stroll or a bike ride, enjoy live music from the bandstand in the charming grounds of Hotham Park.£250From price per night based on 7 night stay