Dog-friendly West Yorkshire
Amongst the rolling hills and gorgeous countryside are towns such as Huddersfield, Hallifax and Marsden, which offer a fabulous selection of West Yorkshire's finest dog-friendly cottages, hotels and bnb's.
- Leeds, England
A contemporary dog-friendly spa hotel on the outskirts of Leeds, with the Yorkshire Dales and North Moors on the doorstep. The hotel has a super cosy atmosphere with large open fire, crackling away in the winter months.£155Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Holmfirth, EnglandThis wonderful, semi-detached, stone-built weaver’s cottage can be found in an elevated position on a quiet back street just 2 minute’s walk from the centre of Holmfirth. Grade II listed and full of character, each of the rooms has wonderful features, such as mullioned windows, exposed beams, and an inglenook fireplace.
Spaciously set over three floors, the design of the cottage incorporates an original stone staircase, which combined with the steep cobbled nature of the surrounding terrain would mean people with limited mobility would struggle. Outside the cottage benefits from a split-level terrace complete with a private hot tub, which offers superb views right across Holmfirth town. Guests also have access to the owner’s indoor swimming pool, sauna, and hot tub, 7 miles away, available for the exclusive use of guests for a nominal charge. Holmfirth itself has an abundance of shops, cafés, tea rooms, restaurants, and pubs, and is even home to its very own vineyard which offers meals, tours, and wine-tasting events. Located on the edge of the fabulous Peak District National Park means there are endless outdoor opportunities for walkers. Cyclists alike will relish the chance to recreate the 2015 Tour de Yorkshire at Holme Moss. Widely recognised as the backdrop for the record-breaking BBC comedy Last of the Summer Wine you can take a tour around the variety of film locations, or even visit the Picturedrome which is a fabulous venue for live music and events.
Eider Cottage (ref UKC850) and Shelduck Cottage (ref UKC848) back onto each other, and Mallard Cottage (ref UKC849) is 700 yards away. They can be booked individually, or together to accommodate up to 12 guests. Shop ½ mile, pub 700 yards, restaurant 525 yards.£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Holmfirth, EnglandA brilliant barn conversion nestled in Holme near Holmbridge. Open-plan. WiFi. Pet-friendly. Child-friendly. Off-road parking. Enclosed patio. Decking. Burnlee 1.8 miles; Holmfirth 2.8 miles; Huddersfield 8.1 miles.£70From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Halifax, EnglandAn impressive Victorian holiday home resting amongst 10 acres of woodland in Hipperholme, West Yorkshire. Pet-friendly. Countryside views. Hot tub. On-site gym. Halifax 2.3 miles; Dewsbury 9.3 miles.£216From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Huddersfield, EnglandAn excellent detached cottage resting in Farnley Tyas near Brockholes, West Yorkshire. Beautiful views. Garden. Off-road parking. Woodburning stove. Pet-friendly. TV's in bedrooms. Holmfirth 4.2 miles; Huddersfield 4.9 miles; Meltham 5.7 miles.£84From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Holmfirth, EnglandOffering beautiful panoramic rural views, these bespoke, semi-detached wooden lodges, complete with hot tubs, hold an enviable waterside location beside lakes, canals, and woodland. Located in the prestigious Ashgrove Country Park, once the pleasure grounds for Ashgrove Hall, you are surrounded by 40 acres of estate parkland with the development being dubbed as ’the best kept secret in Calderdale’.
Split over three levels, each of the lodges has an open plan living space on the top floor complete with bi-folding doors that can open out onto a decked balcony with stunning views. The middle floor offers a bedroom with en-suite facilities, a second bedroom, and a family bathroom. On the lower level, you’ll find two more bedrooms of which one is glass-fronted, with generous en-suite facilities, and uniquely opens out onto a spacious decked terrace overlooking the waterfront. From the moment you arrive drive through the pillared entrance, and proceed down the tree-lined sweeping driveway, the location is idyllic.
Set between the Calderdale towns of Brighouse and Elland, both approximately 5 minutes’ drive away, and just 10 minutes from Halifax, you are surrounded by beautiful West Yorkshire countryside, yet within easy reach of shops, pubs and restaurants. A much sought-after lakeside bar and restaurant are just ½ mile down the road, and uniquely Elland is home to one of Britain’s oldest surviving purpose-built cinemas, as well as a popular and independent microbrewery. Brighouse is a vibrant yet traditional town with ample amenities, a weekly market, and a reputation for hosting great festivals. It also has its own train station which provides connections to a variety of West Yorkshire towns and villages, including Hebden Bridge and Halifax, as well as offering direct services to the major tourist attractions of both Manchester and Leeds. Within a 15-minute drive you’ll reach the wonderful hidden gem of Piece Hall, and Grade II listed Shibden Hall most recognisable from BBC’s ’Gentleman Jack’. For those with children, Eureka! The National Children’s Museum is also just 15 minutes drive. The beautiful cobbled streets of Haworth, once home to the famous Brontë sisters, can be reached in around 30 minutes, and both the Yorkshire Dales and Peak District National Park in under an hour. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
The properties can be booked together to accommodate larger groups.£126From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Holmfirth, EnglandHarlequin House is a beautifully presented bungalow, benefitting from spectacular views over the Holme Valley countryside. Perfect for those extra special luxury breaks away, quite wonderfully you will find a four poster bed in one of the bedrooms. The living room boasts the most amazing picture window to really make the most of those stunning views. The separate annexe is ideal for anyone wanting a bit of extra privacy. Accessed externally, here you will find a further en-suite double bedroom and study bed in the living area (which can be converted into a desk) and an additional shower cubicle. Outside you will find an enclosed garden complete with hot tub meaning you can truly relax and enjoy. For those with four legged friends the garden also provides direct access to Crow Wood conservation area, and then to finish there’s also the opportunity to make use of the friendly owners swimming pool and sauna, located just 7 miles away.
Harlequin House occupies a semi rural setting just over half a mile from the very centre of bustling Holmfirth where you will find an abundance of shops, cafés, tea rooms, restaurants and pubs. Quite uniquely, Holmfirth is also home to its very own vineyard and an intimate venue for live music and events, the Picturedrome. Widely recognised as the back drop for the record breaking BBC comedy Last of the Summer Wine, you can take a tour around the variety of film locations, and being located on the edge of the fabulous Peak District National Park means there are endless outdoor opportunities for walkers. Keen cyclists will relish the chance to recreate the 2015 Tour de Yorkshire at Holme Moss, and if you can bear to tear yourself away from the area there’s the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Cannon Hall Farm around 30 minutes away and the cities of both Manchester and Leeds in around an hour. Shop, pub and restaurant ¾ mile.£218From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Haworth, EnglandDating back to the 17th Century, Hob Cote is a superb semi-detached stone built cottage in a peaceful and picturesque location just 1-mile from artsy Hebden Bridge. Completely renovated throughout in 2021, the cottage and surrounding grounds are simply stunning and come complete with private hot tub. Inside you’ll find beamed ceilings, an impressive stone fireplace boasting a wood burner and stylish wooden panelling to the walls. The three bedrooms are beautifully decorated and super comfortable, which with the peaceful surroundings guarantee a great night’s sleep.
Outside the grounds are delightful and offer stunning far reaching views. To the front you’ll find a south facing patio complete with a Lazy Susan garden set, perfect for sociable meals. To the rear however is the real pièce de resistance. As you step outside the back door you’re greeted by a carefully thought out barbecue and hot tub area offering both privacy and shelter. Beyond this is a further multi layered garden which quite uniquely has a hut at the top complete with wood burner, where you can sit and enjoy the views of the wooded valley below, no matter what the weather.
The location in Midgehole is semi-rural and on the edge of the National Trust owned beauty spot of Hardcastle Crags. Here you can stroll amongst woodland, waterfalls and streams and visit the café at Gibson Mill which offers a range of snacks. Countless other public footpaths are available in the area including the picturesque river path down into Hebden Bridge, which was the UK’s first ‘walkers are welcome’ accredited town. In Hebden Bridge you’ll find a bustling collection of independent shops, bars and cafés as well as a 1920’s Art Deco cinema and a live music venue. Hebden Bridge train station is in the centre of the town and offers a direct service to both Manchester, 30 minutes, and Leeds, 60 minutes, and both the Peak District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks can be reached in around an hours drive.
Due to the age of the property it should be noted that head height is restricted through some doorways; and the stairs are not suitable for guests with restricted mobility, or young children. The stairs are steep, open sided and the treads are not consistent in size.£170From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Haworth, EnglandUpon entering the private gates, you’ll continue round a sweeping drive which runs alongside immaculate grounds, before reaching this wonderful first floor studio apartment in beautiful West Yorkshire. External stone steps, rustic in layout lead you to the apartment which is located high above triple garages. Outside is a private seating area perfect for a relaxing morning coffee or evening glass of wine, and then once inside you’ll find a bright and airy apartment with dormer style windows. In the open plan bedroom/living space is a super-king size bed that takes pride of place, to ensure a superb night’s sleep in the most peaceful of surroundings. An abundance of walks can be picked up straight from the door including through the surrounding neighbouring woodland and beyond. In addition, less than 2 miles down the road is the grade II listed Shibden Hall, which is most recognisable as the backdrop to the BBC drama series ’Gentleman Jack’. You’ll find 79 acres of park and woodland, together with beautifully restored gardens, a café and boating lake that all forms Shibden Park. Bright lights and shopping are within easy reach with Calderdale’s largest town, Halifax being just 3 miles away, and cyclists will find excellent routes in an area that featured prominently in the Tour de Yorkshire. You can explore the countryside which is important to the Brontë heritage in nearby Haworth which can be reached in around a 30-minute drive as can wonderfully artsy Hebden Bridge. Finally, both the Yorkshire Dales and Peak District National Parks can be reached in around an hour.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay