Dog-friendly West Yorkshire
Amongst the rolling hills and gorgeous countryside are towns such as Huddersfield, Hallifax and Marsden, which offer a fabulous selection of West Yorkshire's finest dog-friendly cottages, hotels and bnb's.
- Holmfirth, EnglandNestled in the shadow of Holme Moss on the northern edge of the Peak District National Park, this high-quality listed cottage offers stunning panoramic views over the surrounding scenic Holme Valley. What was once three terraced weavers’ cottages, has been completely renovated to one spacious, luxury holiday cottage boasting seven en-suite bedrooms.
Once inside you’ll find unique features that reflect the age of the property have been wonderfully blended with modern day touches. The wood burner for instance is complemented by underfloor heating on the ground floor, a claw foot bath has been paired with walk-in showers and one bedroom even including an award winning king size study bed as featured on George Clarke’s amazing spaces. Once outside the views are simply unrivalled. Pride of place in the garden you’ll find a hot tub giving you ample opportunity to sit back, relax and enjoy the rolling countryside away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Goosander Cottage is around ½ mile from Holme village where you’ll find a cosy pub serving food and being set in the rolling hills of the Peak District there are walks straight from the door. Keen cyclists can also recreate routes from the Tour de France 2014 including the iconic Holme Moss which is literally a stone’s throw away. Holmfirth is around 3 miles from the cottage, and anyone familiar with the TV comedy ’Last of the Summer Wine’ may recognise the area as the backdrop from this. In Holmfirth you’ll find a wide selection of cafés, bars, pubs and restaurants to suit the majority of tastes, together with a century old picture house and live music venue, and also a vineyard. Huddersfield is around 8 miles away and home to the UK’s first eco-spa, and a whole host of Peak District towns, villages and attractions are within easy reach to explore.£293From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Haworth, EnglandWelcome to this charming two-bedroom holiday home, a cosy end-terraced retreat designed for relaxation and comfort. As you step inside, you are greeted by the warmth of an open-plan living area adorned with a decorative fireplace. The living area is thoughtfully furnished with plush sofas and soft throws, creating an inviting atmosphere for you to unwind after a day of exploration. Adjacent to the living area is a well-equipped kitchen, seamlessly integrated into the open space. The kitchen features modern appliances, providing you with the convenience to prepare delicious meals. A dining area completes the open plan, offering a quaint setting for shared meals and delightful conversations. Heading upstairs, you’ll find the sleeping quarters. The first bedroom boasts a comfortable double bed, made up with soft linens and cushions, ensuring a peaceful night’s sleep. The second bedroom is equally inviting, featuring a luxurious kingsize bed with cosy blankets and pillows. The bathroom is designed for both functionality and style, with a bath tub equipped with a shower overhead. This space allows for a relaxing soak or a quick refresh, catering to your preferences.
As you step outside, a charming south facing patio area to the front of the property awaits. This outdoor space is perfect for enjoying your morning coffee or an evening glass of wine while basking in the fresh air. The patio is tastefully furnished, creating a serene extension of your holiday home. Overall, this two-bedroom holiday let is a haven of comfort and tranquility, offering a delightful blend of modern amenities and rustic charm. Whether you’re snuggled up by the decorative fire, cooking a meal in the well-appointed kitchen, or enjoying the outdoor patio, this holiday retreat promises a memorable and relaxing experience.
Oakworth, located in West Yorkshire, is a picturesque village with a rich history and several local attractions that capture the essence of the region. Here are some notable points of interest and activities in and around Oakworth; one of the major attractions in Oakworth is the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway. This heritage railway offers a scenic journey through the beautiful Yorkshire countryside, allowing visitors to experience the charm of vintage steam trains.
A short distance from Oakworth, Haworth is a historic village famous for its association with the Brontë sisters – Charlotte, Emily, and Anne. Visitors can explore the Brontë Parsonage Museum, which was the family home and is now a museum showcasing the life and works of the Brontës. For nature enthusiasts, the Brontë Waterfall is a serene spot located near Haworth. It’s a peaceful walk through the countryside to reach this waterfall, offering a tranquil escape surrounded by nature.£70From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Holmfirth, EnglandFour Gables is a charming pet-friendly holiday cottage nestled in the picturesque village of Scholes, just over a mile from the centre of bustling Holmfirth. With its cosy ambiance and countryside surroundings, it makes the perfect getaway in this beautiful part of West Yorkshire. Downstairs you’ll find a spacious kitchen/dining area with French doors opening out onto the patio, perfect for your morning coffee. There’s also a separate living room for cosy film nights, and a downstairs toilet. Upstairs are three good sized bedrooms, one benefitting from shower facilities, plus a separate bathroom with corner spa bath for soaking tired legs after a long day exploring.
Holmfirth is a picture postcard town known for its charming countryside, rich history and connections to the popular British sitcom, ‘Last of the Summer Wine’. You can discover the local wine scene by visiting Holmfirth Vineyard for tastings and tours, and on Saturdays explore Holmfirth Market where local vendors sell fresh produce, crafts, and jewellery. If you visit during July, you have the chance to experience Holmfirth Art Week. You must visit the legendary Picturedrome, make sure to check their schedule as this historic cinema dates to 1912 and hosts a range of films, live music events, and comedy shows. Holmfirth is also home to many charming pubs where you can relax with a drink, and restaurants serving delicious local cuisine. Finally, being on the edge of the Peak District National Park means there’s ample opportunities for walking and cycling with scenic trails such as the Holme Valley Circular or the Trans Pennine Trail.
Further afield you’ll find a wealth of popular attractions to explore, such as the Yorkshire Sculpture Park a 25-minute drive, where art and nature collide creating a truly immersive experience. If you’re travelling with children, a visit to the National Coal Mining Museum, 25 minutes’ drive is both educational and entertaining with interactive exhibits that bring history to life. For those seeking a cultural experience, the nearby city of Sheffield, 45 minutes’ drive, boasts an array of museums, art galleries, and historical sites and if you’re a fan of literature, just an hour’s drive will take you to the Brontë Parsonage Museum in Haworth. No matter what your interests, Four Gables is an ideal base for a memorable holiday.£99From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Haworth, EnglandWest View Farm provides comfortable accommodation for up to eight guests within four bedrooms. Ideally situated in the quiet hamlet of Hainworth, one mile south from Keighley in West Yorkshire. West View Farm provides everything you need to enjoy your time away. Entering the property, you are greeted by an allocated area to store your muddy boots and coats with a lovely decorative fire. Wander through to find a large games room benefitting from a multi-game table to enjoy and make memories. On this floor you can also find a toilet and a utility room with a washing machine and fridge/freezer.
Wander upstairs to find an open living room with a gas fire, a small step to a dining area. The lounge benefits from sumptuous sofas and two chairs. Enjoy the warmth of the fire as your favourite show or movie plays out on the TV after a long day exploring the area. Your fully fitted kitchen awaits you providing everything you need to rustle up those home-cooked meals with a gas hob and electric oven, fridge and microwave. Either eat in the adjacent dining room or the conservatory is a great place to host breakfast and soak up the views of the garden and rolling countryside views. Alternatively, when the sun is shining you could have a barbeque on the sheltered patio. Don’t fancy cooking? Why not treat yourself at one of the local pubs, restaurants or cafés, all within a mile.
When sleep calls, you have four bedrooms to choose from situated on the first floor, where you can sink onto the bed and rest your head, reset ready for an action-packed day ahead. There is one double bedroom with an en-suite shower room; one twin room; a kingsize room; and a room with bunk beds, all providing plenty of storage for your belongings during your stay. The family bathroom can also be found on the first floor benefitting from a bath and a separate shower and wash hand basin.
A couple of miles away is the town of Haworth, known for its links with the Bronte sisters; here you will find the Bronte Parsonage Museum, Bronte Waterfall and the famed walking trail of Bronte Way. It has Victorian buildings, shops, pubs and restaurants, plus close by is the National Trust-owned East Riddlesden Hall and many walking routes in the area. Catch a ride on the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway and travel on steam or diesel trail through the surrounding countryside and villages, made famous as locations for the filming of ‘The Railway Children’. Venture to the idyllic market town of Skipton and uncover the gateway to the Dales, before continuing to Hebden Bridge, famously used in the filming of the popular BBC series ‘Happy Valley’. Within reach by car is the popular town of Harrogate, a historic town filled with attractions for the whole family, and the inviting spa town of Ilkley.£90From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Weavers Cottage is a wonderful pet-friendly holiday cottage less than a mile from the very centre of the super vibrant market town of Holmfirth. Comfortable and cosy it makes the perfect base for a getaway with or without your furry four-legged friends. Equipped with everything you need for a relaxing and enjoyable stay, the open-plan living area features a comfortable sofa which also converts to a sofa bed suitable for a child. There’s a Smart TV and the kitchen is well-equipped with all the utensils you need to whip up a delicious meal. Upstairs, the bedroom has the most beautiful beamed, vaulted ceiling, a comfortable double bed, and the convenience of en-suite facilities. Outside there’s a private parking space available, however those with larger vehicles will need to take caution.
Holmfirth is a beautiful ‘picture postcard’ town with plenty to see and do, including pet-friendly pubs and cafés where you can enjoy a meal and a drink. Probably best known as the back drop to the long running ‘Last of the Summer Wine’ TV series, quite excitingly, fans of the show can check out iconic locations such as Sid’s Café, Nora Batty’s steps and jump on board the ‘Summerwine Magic Tour’. Keen cyclists can re-create the Holme Moss Summit Climb as seen in 2014 Tour de France, and for evening entertainment, Holmfirth Picturedrome is reported to be the North of England’s finest intimate music venue. Quite uniquely, Holmfirth is also home to its very own vineyard where you can take a tour or grab a bite to eat. Of course all of this is on the northern edge of the Peak District National Park meaning opportunities for walkers are endless.£41From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Originally three cottages and now one luxury holiday home, Weavers Cottage is ideal for families and friends to enjoy relaxed gatherings or special celebrations. The spacious open plan kitchen/dining/bar area is the heart of the house and perfect for entertaining with the large oak dining table seating up to twelve.
On the first-floor guests will find a master bedroom with kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom with large freestanding bath and also a dressing room with an additional single bed. Along the corridor you will find two further bedrooms and a shared bathroom. The second floor has two bedrooms with vaulted ceilings, galleried chill-out areas with TV and games consoles. One of these bedrooms is made up with twin beds that can be zipped to make a kingsize on request, the other has twin singles. There is also a further bathroom with full bath and shower. The garden will be a firm favourite with guests, with space for children to play and adults to relax. It has its own private hot tub to soak in, timber framed outdoor cooking area with pizza oven and BBQ for al fresco dining. After a scenic walk, leave your boots in the handy boot room, with plenty of hooks for wet coats and towels for muddy paws.
Weavers Cottage is nestled between the idyllic villages of Slaithwaite and Marsden and set back from the picturesque Huddersfield Narrow Canal. Both villages can be easily reached on foot or bicycle along the canal directly from the property. With an easy 20 min walk you can enjoy the numerous café’s, bars and local shops, including some excellent artisan bakeries for that special breakfast treat. Just a short walk through adjacent fields will bring you to the Olive Branch Inn with its relaxed atmosphere, fine dining and outdoor seating to take in the beautiful views. The property is burrowed amidst the National Trust Marsden Moor Estate; guests will be spoilt for choice with more than 5000 acres to explore. Whether you prefer to explore the landscape on foot, by bike or through the lens of a camera there are plenty of things to see and do. The rugged landscape and steep climbs are the perfect challenge for keen mountain bikers, while others might prefer to wander alongside the water’s edge of the canal and retrace ancient packhorse trails to Standedge Tunnel with it’s fascinating Visitor Centre – where you can learn about the longest, highest and deepest canal tunnel in Britain. Marsden Train station can be reached on foot or just a few minutes drive away and offers easy access to Manchester (36mins) and Leeds (45mins) for that Big City vibe.£238From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Haworth, EnglandTucked away just outside the stunning Yorkshire Dales, Clarion Lodge Cottage Ilkley offers luxury holiday accommodation for up to thirteen guests. The property has been renovated and designed with a sense of quiet grandeur and an underlying emphasis on homely comfort. Ideal for get togethers, special occasions and multi-family holidays. There is a sociable farmhouse kitchen with large island and is well presented and fully equipped for all your culinary needs. There is also a separate dining room, a large living room with wood burner, adding charm and additional heat. A real feature of the property is the wonderful games room complete with a large sofa, pool table and large Smart TV, the perfect place for socialising in and having a few drinks.
Clarion Lodge Cottage Ilkley has six good sized bedrooms all on the first floor with various layouts to suit the whole group’s sleeping arrangements. In addition, two of the bedrooms have en-suite facilities with a large family bathroom on the same floor which boasts a bath, shower cubicle and heated towel rail. All bedrooms have fresh cotton linen guaranteeing a perfect night’s sleep after a day’s exploring this stunning area.
To the rear of the property is a large patio and lawned garden complete with garden furniture and barbeque. This is a great place to relax in the summer sun whilst have a glass of your favourite holiday tipple. Situated on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park and Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this a perfect retreat for walkers, cyclists, and ramblers, with plenty of walks, cycle paths, bridleways, and established footpaths into picturesque countryside. Dating back to Roman times, Menston is on the ancient Roman Road that linked York with the garrison at Ribchester nowadays you will find a country pub just 500 yards away.
Nearby you will find the picturesque market towns of Otley and Ilkley with an abundance of restaurants, pubs, pavement cafés and independent shops that can all be easily reached. Harewood House, just 15 minutes away, is a fantastic day out offering impressive art collections, a magnificent, rare bird garden and 100 acres of exquisite gardens to explore. For Emmerdale fans, you’ll also find the set, deep within the grounds of the estate. Bolton Abbey can be reached in around a 20-minute drive and offers 30,000 acres of beautiful countryside to explore.
The charming market town of Skipton, also 20 minutes away, is home to an ancient castle, cobbled high street and colourful street market. Leeds city centre can be reached in just 20 minutes from the local train station where you can enjoy luxury shopping. Haworth village, once home to the Brontë Sisters, is another major tourist attraction in the area and can be reached in around a 30-minute drive.£233From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Holmfirth, EnglandUnique, beautiful, secluded and recently updated accommodation situated in stunning countryside as a peaceful oasis near to Cannon Hall Farm and the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Located in a converted 17th-century church on a hill in the heart of Yorkshire, this beautiful, well-equipped apartment offers perfect sanctuary.
A unique self-contained studio apartment with its own entrance with a kitchen offering everything you should need for the duration of your stay to cook your favourite meal. In the bathroom you will find a spa bath with salts, bubbles, and other things to make your stay comfortable. There is also a recently installed full shower over the bath. The apartment has one comfortable king size bed, a single bed with pull out underneath, a breakfast bar for dining and a selection of furniture including a small settee and two old Parker Knoll chairs, along with a Smart TV. It features a one-of-a-kind, beautiful William Morris stained glass window of The Ascension.
The owners of the property offer a unique experience where they will happily give you a tour of the tower (once one of the original Beacons) and tell you the story and interesting history of the church. There is a variety of activities available in the area to please all the family. You have country footpaths, quaint shops/delicious pubs, and fascinating places to visit including the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and the home of the Wesleys’. There are significant landmarks locally in the region from Cannon Hall Farm; Emley Tower, Wentworth Woodhouse, the National Coal Mining Museum, and the home of Emily Bronte, to Art Exhibitions, ski slope, local festivals, Cawthorne (an historic village), well-manicured gardens and countryside walks, to name a few. In under an hour, you can be in Harrogate, York, Chatsworth, or Sheffield. Beneath the quiet exterior of country living beats a heart of choral tradition, cycling and rambling for nature lovers, coffee shops and fascinating places to visit.£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Haworth, EnglandThis wonderfully quint cottage can be found in an elevated position, set back from the road that links the market towns of Todmorden and Hebden Bridge. Traditional in style, the cosy living room boasts stone flag flooring and a wood burner, and upstairs both bedrooms have exposed beams. Outside the gardens are split level with far reaching views towards the historic Stoodley Pike monument and adjoin woodland just perfect for walking any four-legged friends.
Across from the cottage you can access the Rochdale Canal which provides a waterside walk to Todmorden where you’ll find a fine selection of restaurants, cafés, pubs, and independent shops. A walk in the other direction will take you to the popular bohemian paradise of Hebden Bridge, which is also home to the National Trust Hardcastle Crags. A scenic drive from Hebden Bridge over the moors will bring you to Haworth where the Parsonage Museum commemorates the famous Bronte family who lived there. There’s the Peak District National Park to the south, the Yorkshire Dales National Park to the north and with direct train links from Todmorden or Hebden Bridge to both Leeds and Manchester you can be assured there will always be something to keep you busy and entertained.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Holmfirth, EnglandThis lovely, detached house sits in a perfect location to explore, and offers a welcoming accommodation for families and friends looking to explore the Peak District National Park.
Enter the hallway leading up to the well designed and decorated bedrooms and bathrooms. To your right is a well-equipped kitchen where the chef amongst the group can prepare appetising feasts, before gathering round the dining table to enjoy these meals over a well-deserved glass of wine. Enter the snug living room and curl up on the comfy sofa or enjoy a game or two of table football. Head upstairs to find the four delightful bedrooms on two levels, each level being serviced by a sparkling family bathroom with bath and shower, so you can best decide how to prepare for the day. To the outside are faux lawned areas where you can sit and enjoy each other’s company with a barbecue or a game of golf putting.
The bustling city of Sheffield can be easily reached and offers an extensive shopping scene, or head slightly further afield to the Peak District National Park and explore the many chocolate-box villages and breath-taking scenery on offer. Birdwell promises a relaxing getaway, any time of year.£101From price per night based on 7 night stay