Dog-friendly West Yorkshire
Amongst the rolling hills and gorgeous countryside are towns such as Huddersfield, Hallifax and Marsden, which offer a fabulous selection of West Yorkshire's finest dog-friendly cottages, hotels and bnb's.
- Haworth, EnglandAn eco-friendly lodge on the owner's smallholding, set on the edge of the market town of Keighley. Single-storey accommodation. WiFi. Hot Tub. Views of the surrounding countryside. Haworth 4 miles.£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Holmfirth, EnglandOffering panoramic rural views, this bespoke wooden lodge, complete with hot tub, holds an enviable waterside location beside lakes, canal and woodland. Located in the prestigious Ashgrove Country Park, once the pleasure grounds for Ashgrove Hall, you are surrounded by 40 acres of estate parkland with the development being dubbed as ‘the best kept secret in Calderdale’. Split over three levels, the lodge has an open plan living space on the top floor complete with bi-folding doors that can open out onto a small balcony with stunning views. The middle floor offers a bedroom with en-suite facilities, a second bedroom and a family bathroom. The lower level is accessed by external stairs and is where you’ll find the glass-fronted third bedroom, also with en-suite facilities, which uniquely opens out onto a spacious decked terrace overlooking the waterfront. From the moment you arrive and drive through the pillared entrance, and proceed down the tree lined sweeping driveway, the location really is idyllic.
Set between the Calderdale towns of Brighouse and Elland, and just 10 minutes from Halifax, you are surrounded by beautiful West Yorkshire countryside, yet within easy reach of shops, pubs and restaurants. A much sought-after lakeside bar and restaurant is just ½ mile down the road, and uniquely Elland is home to one of Britain’s oldest surviving purpose-built cinemas, as well as a popular and independent microbrewery. Brighouse is a vibrant yet traditional town with ample amenities, a weekly market and a reputation for hosting great festivals. It also has its own train station which provides connections to a variety of West Yorkshire towns and villages, including Hebden Bridge and Halifax, as well as offering direct services to the major tourist attractions of both Manchester and Leeds. Finally, the beautiful cobbled streets of Haworth, once home to the famous Brontë sisters, can be reached in around 30 minutes, and both the Yorkshire Dales and Peak District National Parks in under an hour. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£121From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Sowerby Bridge, EnglandCharming stone-built cottage on a working farm in Ripponden, Yorkshire. Open-plan. Off-road parking. Enclosed garden. Woodburner. Hot Tub. Shop and pub 1.5 miles. Sowerby Bridge 3 miles.£100From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Huddersfield, EnglandAn excellent detached cottage resting in Farnley Tyas near Brockholes, West Yorkshire. Beautiful views. Garden. Off-road parking. Woodburning stove. Pet-friendly. TV's in bedrooms. Holmfirth 4.2 miles; Huddersfield 4.9 miles; Meltham 5.7 miles.£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Haworth, EnglandThis beautiful semi-detached, 16th-century, Grade II listed cottage can be found in the delightful Calderdale village of Warley, West Yorkshire, in a conservation area. Surrounded by stunning countryside, the cottage offers outstanding views over the stunning rural surrounding with scenic walks straight on the doorstep. There are also two pubs within walking distance. With exposed stone and wooden beams throughout the cottage you have that instant country living feel, the owners have gone to great lengths to ensure the property is a home from home.
The cottage is set over two levels, you enter into the dining room which is a lovely space to sit and have a family meal in front of the gorgeous wood burner. Opposite the dining room is the comfortable and cosy living room where you can relax again in front of another wood burner which will keep you warm on the colder evenings. On the same floor you have a well-presented, well-equipped kitchen which has plenty of room for food preparation. On the ground floor also is a shower room with shower cubicle, heated towels rail, toilet, and wash basin. Up one flight of stone steps is the beautifully presented master bedroom which presents a plush kingsize bed and Smart TV. The second bedroom also has a kingsize bed and Smart TV. The third bedroom has a double bed with all three bedrooms having luxury linen and fantastic views of the surrounding area and guaranteeing a perfect night’s sleep. The second lovely family shower room offers a shower cubicle and heated towel rail, a great place to have a soak after a day’s exploring. To the rear of the cottage, you have a private patio area with garden furniture and barbeque, a pretty place to sit and have a glass of fizz alfresco style and take in the fresh countryside air.
A 10-minute drive will take you to the historic town of Halifax, where you will find ample amenities including many great places to eat and drink. Halifax is also home to the unique Grade I listed Piece Hall where scenes from BBC’s Gentleman Jack were filmed, as well as Eureka! the National Children’s Museum perfect for families, and the Halifax Minster. Slightly further afield is the charming and vibrant market town of Hebden Bridge which can be reached in around a 15-minute drive, as can Haworth, most famous for its Brontë heritage. Set between the Peak District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks, both can be reached in around an hour, together with the bright lights of both Manchester and York. There is also a country style pub within walking distance from the cottage which serves local ales and good old pub grub. The only issue you will have with this staycation is fitting everything in so why not book a few extra days!£102From price per night based on 7 night stay